(Topic ID: 56390)

F/S Metallica MOPLE #373 NIB (Try this again)

By Jamaster10

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 276 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

popeye-001.gif
Ted_Pic.jpg
mind-blown.gif
man-looking-in-mirror.jpg
Picture1.jpg
Busted.jpg
pipe.gif
image.jpg
startrekhmm.gif
internet-detective.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Car_wash_boobs.gif
spitting-smiley-emoticon.gif
DSC09238.JPG
There are 276 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 10 years ago

i listed this the other day and a few pinsiders decided to get into a pissin match on my fs thread and it became locked then. I know everybodys got there opinion on pricing, its a free world!
I know the prices on these are all over but im asking 9k for mine.
Its NIB # 373 not #383 as i posted the other day Sorry!

I will do trades as well!
have a great day
Pincades
JT

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I know everybodys got there opinion on pricing, its a free world!

+1
I don't know why their has to be price policing on this forum.
Good luck with your sale.

#3 10 years ago

No Price Police here! GLWS!

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I know everybodys got there opinion on pricing, its a free world!
I know the prices on these are all over but im asking 9k for mine.

I don't need to share my opinion, but in case you want some evidence of where the pinside market on these appears to currently be, here is a recent for sale thread where asking price was 8k and it appeared to sell in a week.
>>

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mop-le-90-nib

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't need to share my opiion, but in case you want some evidence of where the pinside market on these appears to currently be, here is a recent for sale thread where asking price was 8k.
>>

This guy just can't help himself! Ridiculous! Really a shame this guy exists here...

Please do yourself a favor and delete your post and I will delete mine. No harm no foul...

If your truly not trying to create a problem please delete your post otherwise we all know exactly what your doing here...

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't need to share my opinion, but in case you want some evidence of where the pinside market on these appears to currently be, here is a recent for sale thread where asking price was 8k and it appeared to sell in a week.
>>

You could've just PM'd him Your thoughts???

#7 10 years ago

It will sell for $9,000

#8 10 years ago

I did not share my opinion on the value of the game and all I am doing is providing the most recent example of a MOPLE apparent sale on Pinside. The data can speak for itself.

I am a firm believer that this little pinball world is supposed to be about community/building friendships rather than a business trying to squeeze every penny out of every new title and I like to do what I can to make sure my fellow pinball enthusiasts are educated when it comes to recent secondary market on a title and there is good data that supply is still higher than previous demand.

#9 10 years ago

Wow, Whysnow is worse than I even thought... I guess in his sad life this little bit of idiocy helps him through his day.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

>>

I bet he didn't know this, way to be helpful!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Wow, Whysnow is worse than I even thought... I guess in his sad life this little bit of idiocy helps him through his day.

Personal attacks are not allowed on pinside Teekee.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Personal attacks are not allowed on pinside Teekee.

You shouldn't be allowed on Pinside! You are one big personal attack! Please go away!

#13 10 years ago

Children behave...this is a for sale thread....!

#14 10 years ago

Good luck with your sale Jamaster10. Bump.

#15 10 years ago

Ok guys, let's please get along, play nice, and not junk up yet another for sale thread. I'm getting a little tired of having to keep checking on this thread to see if/when it needs to be shut down. And yes, I know, it's a forum and you're welcome to talk about it since it's not just in the market place... but please keep it civil. Robin's really trying hard to cut down on the negativity here lately.

#16 10 years ago

Awesome looking pin. Good luck with the sale!

#17 10 years ago

Wish I was closer... GLWS... Shazam... Will sell in 3,2.... ABRACADABRA...

#18 10 years ago

I don't need to share my opinion, but in case you want some evidence of where the market on these appears to currently be, here is a recent for sale where selling price was $9,495.

ebay.com link: METALLICA MASTER OF PUPPETS LE Pinball Game FREE SHIP LOW 48 by 6 18 13 NEW

And then again..

ebay.com link: METALLICA MASTER OF PUPPETS LE Pinball Game FREE SHIP LOW 48 PRE ORDER NEW

See...we can do it both ways

#19 10 years ago

Good evidence that the seller should take it to the ebay market... may also need to call up Marty to see if he can hitch a ride back to late May/early June.

I guess it depends on how you define 'recent' >>Last week on pinside the market was "asking 8k"

#20 10 years ago

Let the man ask what he wants. If there's a market for it at that price it will sell, otherwise he will have to lower his ask. I can't understand why this is so hard for people to figure out.

#21 10 years ago

The "market" was not asking $8k one seller was at that particular moment in time and it sold quick once it was lowered to $8k. The issue is why do you care? Bump for the seller

#22 10 years ago

Because guys like Whysnow who own a bunch of old games are watching a hobby leave them behind. They can't afford any of these titles and don't buy them yet here they are on a crusade. Its mostly just called being bitter and its sad.

Bump for a collectable table.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Because guys like Whysnow who own a bunch of old games are watching a hobby leave them behind. They can't afford any of these titles and don't buy them yet here they are on a crusade. Its mostly just called being bitter and its sad.
Bump for a collectable table.

What a snob thing to say. There needs to be some balance to the price pumpers. All of you laissez faire free marketists pump, pump, pump prices up on a game that just came out, but you just can't handle when the price dips a little and you want to crush comments that support that notion, even when there is evidence as suggested by Whysnow. It's not a one way street. If it were, the hobby would have you, teekee, Rob T, Centerflank and a few other people who live on this site selling them back and forth amongst yourselves.

One down price never seems to suggest a trend. But one up price and rest assured that's the new price in your eyes.

#24 10 years ago

That was my point. One price does not set the trend an average does and that's not even perfect. It is what it is when it is.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

What a snob thing to say.

No its not. A. Its sad because these guys held up the hobby for years. B. Seems to be proven true by some folks actions.
Whysnow is not a buyer or seller of this game. He should let it go instead of pursue the sale over multiple threads, that is being bitter.

#26 10 years ago

Someone will buy it for 9K........ GLWTS

#27 10 years ago

If someone wants to sell one at $8 k , that's fine. If someone else wants to sell theirs at $9 k, that's fine too. It's a free country and being the Metallica LE is in high demand right now , they will more than likely both sell . Just because someone sold one for a certain price doesn't mean that the next guy should sell at the same price.

IMO.....If the $8000 dollar pin was several miles away and had to be shipped to me from a seller that I didn't even know and the $9000 dollar one was just a hour or so from me where I could drive to look at it and deal with the seller face to face then load it up and have it in my house just a couple of hours later that same day, I would choose the $9000 pin. There's no money tied up in shipping and I don't have to worry about the seller several miles away ripping me off.

Stop the price policing....please!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

but you just can't handle when the price dips a little and you want to crush comments that support that notion,

I have taken expected hits from buying NIB. heck with Xmen it was a huge hit. I am fine with that.
What I mind is a non buyer pushing the price. I don't mind offers from interested folks that will pull the trigger if I say yes.
So yeah, if you are willing to hand over X amount chime in but if not shut up!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

if you are willing to hand over X amount chime in but if not shut up!

BRAVO!

#30 10 years ago

It would be great if pinside would just required all the retailers/distributors/flippers to sign up and pay for a special sellers account in order to post FS threads in the forum.

I would be all for you being allowed to make a FS thread that you can then bump once a day and set what ever price you want while also locking the thread to replies by others, so long as you are paying for the privilage and identified as a retailer next to your avatar. This would probably also help to keep consistently overpriced sellers from having their threads turn into this back and forth of hobbyists providing reality checks and pumpers, well pumping.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it appeared to sell in a week.

My gosh, what a loser . the game sold in two days and was a steal ! It will be in town this Sunday evening.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It would be great if pinside would just required all the retailers/distributors/flippers to sign up and pay for a special sellers account in order to post FS threads in the forum.

I would be all for you being allowed to make a FS thread that you can then bump once a day and set what ever price you want while also locking the thread to replies by others, so long as you are paying for the privilage and identified as a retailer next to your Avatar. This would probably also help to keep consistently overpriced sellers from having their threads turn into this back and forth of hobbyists providing reality checks and pumpers, well pumping.

So pinside needs new rules so you can behave ? Just shut up for a while !

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would be all for you being allowed to make a FS thread that you can then bump once a day and set what ever price you want while also locking the thread to replies by others, so long as you are paying for the privilage and identified as a retailer next to your Avatar. This would probably also help to keep consistently overpriced sellers from having their threads turn into this back and forth of hobbyists providing reality checks and pumpers, well pumping.

Why bring all this up here? I mean you did what you wanted to do here now go away and start your own post about this. We know your agenda... It is very clear to see!

#34 10 years ago

I am not the one asking for new rules. I was merely suggesting a possible solution.

It seems many of the retailers would like to have FS threads with no comments allowed by anyone but pumpers.

Currently if someone posts a FS thread in the general forum then discussion is expected. If anyone posts in the marketplace, there is no place for comments. That is the current rule.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Robin's really trying hard to cut down on the negativity here lately.

It would be easy if he got rid of a few of the jerks.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not the one asking for new rules. I was merely suggesting a possible solution.
It seems many of the retailers would like to have FS threads with no comments allowed by anyone but pumpers.
Currently if someone posts a FS thread in the general forum then discussion is expected. If anyone posts in the marketplace, there is no place for comments. That is the current rule.

What happened to the rule of respect? R E S P E C T! I'm sure you don't know what this is and I'm sure you never heard of it... learn a little about this word and maybe one day you can grow up to be a man!

Sorry OP! I know this is your second try posting this and it sucks it has gotten to this level again and I am sorry this troublemaker pulled me in again... Good luck with your sale! Well worth it!

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

What happened to the rule of respect? R E S P E C T! I'm sure you don't know what this is and I'm sure you never heard of it... learn a little about this word and maybe one day you can grow up to be a man!

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Stop the price policing....please!

Im not a member of the price police, and people can ask what they want for their games. But if the price policing needs to stop, so does the price pumping IMO.

#39 10 years ago

I think it's funny that there are 163+ pages of posts in the "posts with no reply" (link right above the thread count on the main forum page for those of you that don't know about it) with tons of pins for sale with absolutely no comments. Yet any time there's a WOZ or MET thread these days, I've got to stay on top of it to make sure it doesn't turn into a ballroom blitz.

If you all have nothing better to do than fight/bicker/banter, please consider checking out some of those posts and see if you can help some people out with questions that don't have answers. Or take a break and go play some real pinball instead of fighting about it on a forum. This is the second derailed ad for the same machine. Pretty pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry on top, let's stop bumping it to the top constantly.

#40 10 years ago

Sorry had to chime in here, what does it matter what a person is selling a machine for? Why do people feel the need to cmment or say there is another machine for sale for less? The person who is selling will sell the machine for what he/she is comfortable with. If the price is too high it simply won't sell and the person then will make the decision to lower their price.

I just do get why people bag on other people for selling something, if you want it buy it if you think it is too much then don't say anything and wait for it to go down or send a PM to negotiate the price down. Don't hate or call someone out that is just petty IMO. Geez people this thread should be very short not a bitch session at the seller who is just trying to maximize his investment like anyone else would be doing. Sorry but something had to be said after seeing so many of these posts lately... Good luck seller...

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I just do get why people bag on other people for selling something,

...er, because a lot of people are miserable bastards...just sayin'.....

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

But if the price policing needs to stop, so does the price pumping IMO.

So very true. Price pumping is just as bad a price policing. Unfortunately neither will ever stop because once a comment is made from the price police or price pumpers the other party has to reply back to defend it

#43 10 years ago

Honestly, I don't see why everyone is smashing whysnow. He came on and made one post with a link and the reaction was way worse than that . . . the reaction is what is causing the negativity. Let whysnow say what he wants and if you don't agree just leave it be and don't call yet more attention to the matter.

Price pumping is just as bad as price policing. I have been guilty of both at times; is what it is. Reaction comments are worse than what is originally said usually.

#44 10 years ago

Arguments in old thread

Arguments in new thread

Glad I'm not buying/selling anything right now

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

So very true. Price pumping is just as bad a price policing. Unfortunately neither will ever stop because once a comment is made from the price police or price pumpers the other party has to reply back to defend it

LOL, you beat me to it. We had independent origination of the idea though as I was typing it as you were posting it.

#46 10 years ago

The irony in all of this is, 5-10 years ago, prices were low, and people were afraid the hobby was dying a slow painful death. Fast forward to today, the hobby is going strong and growing with prices on the rise. Thats what happens folks! The only way for it to "survive" is for there to be successful business opportunity behind it for both producers and the consumers savvy/capable enough to make it - thats what made pinball great in the 70's, the rebirth in the 80s with HS and Space Shuttle, the massive growth in the 90's, and this current rebirth.

It's only a hobby when no one (or few people) is doing it and it becomes a niche. Thats when prices will fall again. Then we will all whine and bitch that no one is playing/buying/fixing/etc...

#47 10 years ago

Great machine, great game. I am glad mine didn't sell a few weeks back and it's an absolute blast. Mine will probably be around in the collection for a long time now. Good Luck with the sale.

#48 10 years ago

The quality of this game and popularity of the title will keep the.value up if not drive it higher. Roughly half of the LE models went overseas leaving only a few hundred here. It is my opinion this game will be on par with BIBLE and TRONLE when the supply of NIB runs out.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

It is my opinion this game will be on par with BIBLE and TRONLE when the supply of NIB runs out.

I agree! $9K is cheap right now... don't wait!

#50 10 years ago

GLWS...I can't wait to play this game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

There are 276 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-mople-373-nib-try-this-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.