(Topic ID: 52982)

FS Metallica Mods - UPDATE Pinballrefinery first Metallica mods!!!

By Zdoor

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by misfitdart
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1537.JPG
photo_3.JPG
photo_2.JPG
photo_1.JPG
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Posting some new mods that will be on our site in the next few days.

www.pinballrefinery.com

Sparky Mod - Plug and Play. interactive with game play. Very cool effect $75 plus shipping

Metallica Pro Backbox kit - Ties to GI and interactive with game. Plug and Play install.SICK!!!
$265

Premium and LE coming soon

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Nice mod!

#3 10 years ago

Looking forward to seeing what your gonna do for the LE version

#5 10 years ago

I really like your sparky mod. Cool addition. Some fast mod making right there.

#6 10 years ago

Gio nice work-It looks amazing! Makes me want a Metallica-dammit!

#7 10 years ago

Thanks. Really like how the backbox came out. Will start shipping them next week.

#8 10 years ago

Borg just posted your backbox mod on Facebook

#9 10 years ago

That is awesome. First Sparky mods are going to Borg also. He is a cool guy.

#10 10 years ago

Arrrr damn U guys - U R going to kill my wallet and ruin my marraige !

#12 10 years ago

just ordered my sparky mod today. Very excited. Great work.

#13 10 years ago

Does this replace the flourcent tube? Mine is Making way too much glare. Would love to see what it looks like behind the translight. Is it a little dimmer than the tune(I hope it is)

Jim

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Does this replace the flourcent tube?

Yes it does although it may not reduce the glare much if at all. For glare reduction you may want to try this out:
http://pinballsidemirrors.com/products/backbox-reflectors/stern-back-box-reflector/

#15 10 years ago

Ordered Sparky. Will there be an LE Backbox kit?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Does this replace the flourcent tube? Mine is Making way too much glare. Would love to see what it looks like behind the translight. Is it a little dimmer than the tune(I hope it is)
Jim

The backbox is designed so that the LEDs tied to the GI are adjustable so the brightness can be controlled. The LED's tied to the flashers are not adjustable but are tied to game play so they are not always on. You can dim the LED's tied to the GI to reduce glare. It will not eliminate it but it will help.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Ordered Sparky. Will there be an LE Backbox kit?

Yes. There will also be backbox kits for both Premiums. The LE's are about 10 days out or so. Premiums will be a week or 2 behind the LE's. Finishing them in the order of release.

Also just finishing Tron 3D and Tron Chicks. 3D is finished and available. Chicks will be ready soon...

#18 10 years ago

The more flashy lights the better in my book. Looks good.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Yes. There will also be backbox kits for both Premiums. The LE's are about 10 days out or so. Premiums will be a week or 2 behind the LE's. Finishing them in the order of release.
Also just finishing Tron 3D and Tron Chicks. 3D is finished and available. Chicks will be ready soon...

Oh boy. I am gonna spend money with you guys. Light my Tron chicks up real nice!

#20 10 years ago

Nice work as usual Gio

#21 10 years ago

Does the Sparky helmet mod only come in yellow ??

Was thinking blue would be cool . Look more like electricity .

#22 10 years ago

Blue would be cool for the sparky mod

#23 10 years ago

Will offer Blue also. Was going to offer white as well but it doesn't show as nicely.

#24 10 years ago

Is blue gonna be available at the same time? Can I change mine order to a blue one?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is blue gonna be available at the same time? Can I change mine order to a blue one?

Blue will be a few days behind orange. Yes you can change. Both look good.

#26 10 years ago

Thats easily the best light board I've seen for this game I love it.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Blue will be a few days behind orange. Yes you can change. Both look good.

Thanks! Blue it is.

#28 10 years ago

Backbox looks great is there a video of installation? Im just woundering how it attaches behind the translite Thanks

#29 10 years ago

Attaches similar to most other backbox kits on the market. The flourescent tube and its mounts are removed and 2 posts are installed in their place to secure the new board.

#30 10 years ago

Packing orders up today. Will be shipping out today and tomorrow. Sparky mods are on our site and available.

Should have Metallica LE backbox kits posted soon.

#31 10 years ago

Are the blue versions of the sparky mod shipping out today as well?

#32 10 years ago

Blue will be tomorrow and Monday. From there on they will ship as the orders are placed as long as we have inventory. Being in Cali, you should have it quickly.

#33 10 years ago

UPDATE

Mods are ready to ship. Was including a "bonus" part of the mod and held up shipping to get it packaged together.

We had a "M" decal in a complimentary font produced for the Sparky helmet. Thought it would be cool to include as a surprise in the mod. Unfortunately, the decals are still in transit. For all those that have already ordered, I am shipping them without the decal and will send a second envelope out with the decal once they arrive.

Apologize for the wait. Was trying to exceed expectations and it delayed things.

#34 10 years ago

Sparky mods are all shipped. More are in stock on the site now.

#35 10 years ago

Shipped quickly! Looks pretty nice in person, and easy to install, now I just need a game to plug it into! Can't wait to see it in action. Thanks!

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Shipped quickly! Looks pretty nice in person, and easy to install, now I just need a game to plug it into! Can't wait to see it in action. Thanks!

Would love to see some pics in the game once it arrives

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Would love to see some pics in the game once it arrives

I'll have more photos of this thing lying around the house than I do of my own children!

#38 10 years ago

Based on feedback from customers, we are adding an option to our website to order the el wire and cap in either color as a stand alone add on to the kit. Will give the option to swap colors as preferred without ordering multiple full kits.

Will be sending out the "M" decals which can be used on the front of Sparkys helmet (and are pretty cool) to all customers whose mod has already shipped in the next couple days. All orders shipping from here out will include the decal free of charge.

Thanks for the support and feedback. We use the suggestions as often as we can to improve what we put out. Both Hemi and I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Gio
Www.pinballrefinery.com

#39 10 years ago

You guys rock

#40 10 years ago

I Installed the sparky mod a couple of days ago and it looks awesome. My dad was shocked that it didn't come with the game to start. His quote was that it matched the video now. It looks awesome. I also ordered the second color so that I could switch it out. Great mod.

#41 10 years ago

Awesome mods.

#42 10 years ago

Should have video up of the LE backbox kit by the end of next week. It will be awesome

#44 10 years ago

Looks great . I need to get one now.

#45 10 years ago

I put the Sparky blue version in today. Looks great. Thanks guys

4 weeks later
#46 10 years ago

Thanks for the Sparky decal! I did a little experimenting with it. The right side fit nicely. Left side is weird...

IMG_1537.JPGIMG_1537.JPG

#47 10 years ago

Metallica Backbox mod,and blue Sparky mod installed today.
They look fantastic

Thanks Gio,

Dan

#48 10 years ago

what color spots are you using for the blue,I can not see mine,they recommend orange.I think it should be on all the time so you can see it.

#49 10 years ago

Any video of back box kit on an LE out there?

How about video of any Metallica with backbox kit and undecab lighting kit tied together?

#50 10 years ago

Here is a link to the Metallica LE Backbox/Under the Cabinet and Sparky mod.....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-look-pinball-refinery-metallica-le-backbox-kit-and-sparky-video

Also I will be making at least these playfield mods, possible more for all Metallica LE/Prem/Pros. Very soon. I have started a preorder list if anyone in interested, just PM me or post on this thread....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prototyping-metallica-leprempro-mods-avail-soon-by-hemi

Thanks Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 12.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-mods-/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.