IMG_0100_(resized).JPG
MET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpg
IMG_8216_(resized).JPG
IMG_8218_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160527_172934187_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160527_172938148_TOP_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160526_215038.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HankScorpio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

FS: Metallica LED Insert Mod - Cross, Chair, Coffin & Sn

Added: 2016-05-14 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (August 7th, 2016) • Ended: September 19th, 2016
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 35

Replace the factory white inserts on your Metallica Pro with my color LED Insert Mod. No more ugly hot spots, this mod adds even, consistent lighting to the Cross, Electric Chair, Coffin and Snake inserts.

Mod is plug and play. Simply remove the old insert bulb and replace with the LED light plate. That's it! Install take roughly 10-20 minutes total. Instructions and all parts included with order.

Price is $35 with free Continental U.S. shipping. PM me to order,
or purchase directly via my Etsy shop:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinMods

View the video here:

Thanks!

Item photos

MET_Insert_LED_Mod_After_(resized).jpg
MET_Insert_LED_Mod_Inside_(resized).jpg
MET_Insert_Factory_Lights_Before_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are HankScorpio's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to HankScorpio's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Tucson, AZ, US

#2 7 years ago

These sold out way faster than I had imagined, thanks everyone!

I am opening up 5 more spots. PM me to reserve yours. All orders need to be paid for by Tuesday at 5pm MST to make it in this run.

Thanks!

#4 7 years ago

3 more spots left! PM me to order.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Are these for both the Premium/LE and the Pros?

I believe they will only work on the Pro's that still accept standard bulbs/leds. Maybe someone with a Premium/LE can snap a picture of the underside of the playfield inserts?

#11 7 years ago

Great idea! I prefer the more even lighting from my setup, but either way it is a big improvement from the original!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sure hope you like building kits - seems like a hit. How many LEDs on the strip? 4, or 3?

I will build these kits all day if it means eliminating the horrible stock insert lighting! There are 3 LEDs per strip.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Prem/LE's have a light board. If you own a Prem/LE and want different colors you will have to change the light board out with those sold via cointaker.

Thanks for the info! I believe this is the link to the light boards for the Premium/LE owner's (someone please correct me if I am wrong):

http://cointaker.com/products/stern-spike-led

#16 7 years ago

Wow, sold out again, thanks for all the support everyone!

I guess I will open it up to 5 more! Please make sure to pay for your orders by Tuesday at 5pm (MST) to make this run.

#17 7 years ago

One down, four more left!

#18 7 years ago

Three left. Thanks everyone!

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That's them

You should send your mod to laserific to see if they can cut them for you. Less profit but would be easier to make a lot of them. Could even make kits and see if Terry at Pinball Life would sell them too.

Great suggestion! Right now I have all the tools to do it in-house, but if orders keep going the way they are I will definitely reach out to them. Thanks for the info!

#21 7 years ago

2 more left! PM to order. Thanks!

#24 7 years ago

All orders are filled! Thanks so much for everyone's support!

I am really excited to share this mod, and am very happy that we are eliminating ugly insert lighting one Metallica at a time.

If you would like to get in on the next round of orders shoot me a PM and I will add you to the list.

Thanks again!

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Awesome idea and great mod. I've seen these in person -- incredibly easy to install and drastically improve the look of those inserts. Also, I'm a fan of the colors HankScorpio chose as they match the game colors for those objectives (e.g., green for the snake). A must for any Metallica.

Thanks for the Tucson-local shoutout! BTW if anyone is looking to add an amazing light show to their Metallica, check out lyonsden's Pinduino kits for Stern SAM. You can check out his thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinduino-for-stern-sam-ultimate-interactive-led-effects

And here is the video of it in action on my Metallica (shown with the insert mod )

#26 7 years ago

Everyone who ordered a Metallica LED Insert Mod should receive a shipping notice today or tomorrow!

Once all orders have shipped those on the waiting list will receive a PM with payment instructions.

If you want to get in on this round of orders PM me!

MET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpgMET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpg

#27 7 years ago

All orders have shipped!

PM me to order you MET LED Insert Mod!

Thanks!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Easy install, looks great!

Quoted from ilovegames:

I second the easy install. I was done quickly and it really looks 100 x better!

Thanks for the feedback! The mod looks great in your pins. Hard to imagine still having the stock lighting in there huh?!

Thanks again!

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Just got mine in this afternoon and installed......looks 100% better as my inserts are fully lit and ready for action. Thanks Hank!!

Looks great! I really like your color guitar picks. I am going ot have to add some color to mine now!

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Got mine in! Love how the insert is filled with light!

I like the LED treatment you did to you GI. I have to get some mirror blades for mine!

#36 7 years ago

I have 2 Metallica Insert Mods ready to ship! Shoot me a PM to order.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

PM sent for the light mod. Thanks.

I got it! Your Metallica Insert Mod will ship out first thing tomorrow!

#40 7 years ago

One more insert light mod ready to ship tomorrow. PM me to get it.

#41 7 years ago

I have two more mods ready to ship out tomorrow. PM me.IMG_8218_(resized).JPGIMG_8218_(resized).JPGMET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpgMET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpg

IMG_8216_(resized).JPGIMG_8216_(resized).JPG

#42 7 years ago

I have one LED mod left that can ship out tomorrow. Shoot me a PM to order.

#43 7 years ago

I was able to make one more mod this morning that I can mail out today. PM me to get it.
IMG_0100_(resized).JPGIMG_0100_(resized).JPG

#44 7 years ago

I have two MET Insert Mods ready to ship tomorrow. PM me to get one.

#45 7 years ago

I have one MET Insert Mod ready to ship today. Shoot me a PM.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

A very slick and pretty necessary upgrade, unless you've addressed the poor factory lighting for these inserts some other way. Pretty easy to install, too.
Thanks again.

Glad you like it! It is crazy how much of a difference one little lighting mod can make! Thanks again!

#48 7 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am getting ready to order supplies to build more MET Pro LED Insert Mods. If you would like to get on the waiting list PM me. Also, if anyone would like custom colors for their MET inserts fill out the list below and PM me.

Colors available: RED, BLUE, ORANGE/AMBER, GREEN, PURPLE, NATURAL WHITE, WARM WHITE

SNAKE -
CROSS -
ELECTRIC CHAIR -
COFFIN -
MET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpgMET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpg

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I put this mod in my Met before my spring party. Easy to install, and looked great! People noticed!

That is awesome, I am glad everyone noticed the difference!

#52 7 years ago

Quick reminder to anyone wanting custom colors for their Metallica LED Insert Mod: I am ordering all my supplies tomorrow morning, so if you want custom colors please PM me the list below with your color choices.

Colors available: RED, BLUE, ORANGE/AMBER, GREEN, PURPLE, NATURAL WHITE, WARM WHITE

SNAKE -
CROSS -
ELECTRIC CHAIR -
COFFIN -

Thanks!

1 week later
#54 7 years ago

I just received all my supplies to make more Metallica LED Insert Mods! Shoot me a PM to get yours. All orders received today will ship out tomorrow!

Thanks!

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I highly recommend this mod. It's very well-made and a snap to install.
I went with white behind the cross. Any pictures of orange/amber behind the snake?

Thanks Robert! I have shipped out a couple with orange for the snake so hopefully someone will post a pic with that color combination.

#57 7 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I won't be making any Metallica LED Insert Mods between Tuesday, June 28th through Monday, July 11th. If you would like to get your mod before then I will be taking orders through the weekend and shipping them out on Monday, June 27th.

Shoot me a PM to order. $35 with free U.S. shipping.
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#67 7 years ago

Thanks for posting pics of the mod eveyone! It is cool to see the different color variations that have been requested.

Now that you have the mod installed, can you ever imagine going back to the stock bulbs?

#69 7 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have two MET LED Mods ready to ship out tomorrow! PM me to get one of them.

Thanks!

1 week later
#70 7 years ago

I have 3 Metallica Pro LED Mods that will be ready to ship out tomorrow. PM me to get one of them!

2 weeks later
#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Really nice mod!

Quoted from per3per3:

I have one in my MET Pro and highly recommend it!

Thanks everyone!

#77 7 years ago

Hi everyone!

I am putting together another parts order for my MET LED Insert Mod. If you would like to get in on this round of mods shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

#78 7 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I have supplies coming this week to make 5 more mods, so please PM me if you would like to get one of the five.

Thanks!

#79 7 years ago

I have three spots left for my MET LED Insert Mod, PM me if you would like to get one of the three. Only $35!MET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpgMET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#81 7 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am getting ready to place another parts order today for my Metallica LED Insert Mod. PM me to reserve yours!

Thanks!

#82 7 years ago

Just added the mod to my Etsy shop if anyone would prefer to order that way:

Thanks!

1 week later
#83 7 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have enough supplies on hand to make 3 more mods that I can ship out over the holiday weekend. You can buy it here:

Thanks!

1 week later
#84 7 years ago

I have two MET LED mods ready to ship out today! Order here:

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HankScorpio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-led-insert-mod-cross-chair-coffin-snake-1?tu=HankScorpio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.