Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by icryfire
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago

Whomever bought lot 5, please contact me on HMM. I would like to buy before you ship the lot somewhere further away from me.

Also, fair warning to ANYONE buying these... They are not as advertised.
"Most of the games in lots 1-9 are in excellent
cosmetic shape and appear to be in good condition"

I went through the entire collection when Gene had his big sale and most of the decent stuff was taken at or before that time. Games are in unheated/cooled storage, many bought at previous auctions and never plugged in, many soaked in animal piss and rotting away. Hardly ANYTHING was in excellent cosmetic shape or even good condition.

Think active roof leaks and rotting for years to get a more accurate picture of what you should expect.

Fair condition with missing boards, broken game specific parts and in some cases hacked and falling apart would more accurately describe these lots of games.

BUYER BEWARE. These games are MUCH worse than implied in the ad!!!! Also VERY disappointed to see these describe the way they were!!!!!

#17 9 years ago

also, lot 10 is mainly firewood.

I suppose if you see something you really want then good luck.

Gene was offering the majority of the games in all lots at 1k to 2k per game (some at 3k or 5k for the rare or better condition but that stuff was bought up) and people who looked at them in the prime of the market passed at that time so it should tell you something about overall condition.

#20 9 years ago

Also worth mention that I was one of the last to go through the collection about 1.5 years ago (Jan or Feb? 2013) and all of the "good" stuff at that time is not in any of the lots currently pictured. That tells me it was either further picked over after I was there (slim pickings) or more likely the current seller cherry picked a truckload of anything that was worthwhile (some stuff at the room closest to the house was not as exposed to the environmental conditions and fared better but that stuff is not pictured now).

I will also repeat, expect to have MANY boards and game specific parts missing. I looked inside lots of these games and they WERE missing boards (I have no reason to lie about this and just trying to help people out).

I spent a full 14 hour day in the warehouse looking at and packaging games for transport. The games that left that day were the best of what was available and many of those were still very rough.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from LouisXV:

You spent a full 14 hour day inspecting the lots and left with nothing ?.... Lookie lou! The owner must of been furious! Haha

Plenty of games left that day, but none i was willing to buy at the prices gene was asking. I helped load the big size box truck with some rare stuff.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The good news is that anyone serious if can choose can come by and look at the games, and decide. Yes, it is certainly good that these games are getting out of there and be in the hands of active collectors. Many of the games I saw were in good cosmetic shape, as they have rarely been played and the playfields and cabinets appeared to have generally less wear than 'usual' and given that none of them have not been plugged in for a long time, I would expect they would have to be gone thru. Of course I wish they were stored in a better environment and it's good that we can get them out of there! They are what they are, and we figured out what we thought to be fair guidelines for the lot prices, which may be high or low. There are many stories we could tell about this one ...lol

Based on what any rational collector would see, all your prices are VERY high. You strategically were vague in your wording and put together packages for a reason. 1 or 2 salvageable games in each lot, 1 or 2 rare ones in a lot, and a bunch of crap hoping someone would optimistically jump. It appears some did since many packages were sold in minutes. I have numerous videos and pictures of the games as they stood when i was there and they were mostly junk then. Many of the better titles were worn to wood. It would have taken all 3 centaurs there at the time to make working game.

#35 9 years ago

In 2013 animals were actively living in the warehouse.

I just hope people that have bought these lots are not paying before seeing and also not wasting large amounts of money to arrange travel and transport.

I am all for these games getting into the hands of happy buyers that want to bring them back to life, but don't think it was correct to advertise them anywhere close to how they are. These are picked over beat turds with a few possibly restorable games that are worth it.

Were any BBBs or the last remaining WizardBlocks kit still around? I figured they all sold before the court got involved.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, most of the "wows" so far have been about the pins for sale, without any reference to what else this actually means.
BBBr anyone?
Or better yet, King Pin?

good job captain obvious

BTW, I told everyone this would happen a while back...

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Thanks for Rick offering this up.....You guys would bitch if you were hung with a golden rope!!!.
Its old pinball machines, sold at old pinball machines prices. Considering alot of area's I got some of my collection; this looks pretty good.

You do realize that Rick is doing nothing more than flipping these lots of games?

If he had not bought up everything it was going to public auction where everyone would have had the ability to buy the few games they were interested in with less risk and greater reward.

People also would have been able to inspect all the games in person before jumping in with an offer.

Banks like dealling with one lump sum buyer and logic would say that rick bought the games as parts of the bigger package to get the capcom rights and some of the other B/W parts he wanted. He likely cherry picked what few ones were left of the already picked over collection and now needs to get rid of the rest to help decrease the upfront lump sum payment to the bank. The bank also likely wants this crap gone ASAP.

Rick is a very smart businessman and he bought these and packaged them into lots and timed out the announcement of the sale very strategically. Most lots are now sold and buyer have not even seen the games.

I am repeating myself as I saw these games in person and would feel bad for buyers that possibly don't really realize what they are getting into. The ad is less than truthful of condition and worded very methodically to get your hopes up on a game so you will take a risk. It is like the perfect example of how to maximize sale price on ebay of a popular or rare game that is in bad condition >> few pictures, and optimistically nice condition wording, but build in caveats that you really don't know and games are "as-is". It is all about the psychology of the sale.

If any buyers need me to look through my videos and pictures of specific games to see if I have better shots of what actual condition is then I am happy to do so. It may help some to get a better idea of what they are puchasing and if it is really worth the travel and shipping costs.

#48 9 years ago

your sarcasm meter is off Rob...

#49 9 years ago

so the only question is KP or BBB???

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Excuse my ignorance, but I just really don't get what Gene's plans were? What is the point in hoarding 400 pins in a leaky barn? Or did he just never sell them because he was delusional about what they were worth?

My impression was he had NO plans. He was an obsessive owner and buyer. He did not play pinball, he merely bought them to own so he coudl say he had them.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Gene was a Bally collector. He loved Christiansen artwork too. Has anyone seen the "woofer room" in the house? DC painted that room.
I wish I could have bought a couple games for the Ann Arbor museum. The zacarria magic castle (or Time Machine or robots, but i dont think he had those) and the Bally transporter in particular. Maybe one other. *sigh*

I am sure some of them will quickly pop up on the resale market. Those that bought likely intend to try and resell what they are not keeping. Those that also bought will likely realize that most games need some major love and will need to get rid of some.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mega-sale-400-games-emsssswoodrailspitch-n-batsetc-bloomingtonil?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.