Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by icryfire
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

And this isn't even HALF of what Gene had. Remember the auction back in 2001 ??
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Yea, This is what is left after they pulled a bunch of stuff 3 times.

#38 9 years ago

Thanks for Rick offering this up.....You guys would bitch if you were hung with a golden rope!!!.

Its old pinball machines, sold at old pinball machines prices. Considering alot of area's I got some of my collection; this looks pretty good.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You do realize that Rick is doing nothing more than flipping these lots of games?
If he had not bought up everything it was going to public auction where everyone would have had the ability to buy the few games they were interested in with less risk and greater reward.
People also would have been able to inspect all the games in person before jumping in with an offer.
Banks like dealling with one lump sum buyer and logic would say that rick bought the games as parts of the bigger package to get the capcom rights and some of the other B/W parts he wanted. He likely cherry picked what few ones were left of the already picked over collection and now needs to get rid of the rest to help decrease the upfront lump sum payment to the bank. The bank also likely wants this crap gone ASAP.
Rick is a very smart businessman and he bought these and packaged them into lots and timed out the announcement of the sale very strategically. Most lots are now sold and buyer have not even seen the games.
I am repeating myself as I saw these games in person and would feel bad for buyers that possibly don't really realize what they are getting into. The ad is less than truthful of condition and worded very methodically to get your hopes up on a game so you will take a risk. It is like the perfect example of how to maximize sale price on ebay of a popular or rare game that is in bad condition >> few pictures, and optimistically nice condition wording, but build in caveats that you really don't know and games are "as-is". It is all about the psychology of the sale.
If any buyers need me to look through my videos and pictures of specific games to see if I have better shots of what actual condition is then I am happy to do so. It may help some to get a better idea of what they are puchasing and if it is really worth the travel and shipping costs.

Whysnow, I bought plenty of containers back in the day. This is a beauty pageant compared to some of the stuff I ended up with. In this case you actually have pictures and can view before buying. I think he is being reasonable given the situation. If I was closer, who knows I might of bought a lot just for some fun...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasanton, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 179.00
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 169.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mega-sale-400-games-emsssswoodrailspitch-n-batsetc-bloomingtonil?tu=classic_stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.