033.JPG
018.JPG
017.JPG
016.JPG
medusa_upper.JPG
IMG_8663.JPG
IMG_8658.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Hello, Just got my grail pin and have to make room. I was waiting for CPR 's playfield but now don't have the room. Everything works great,zipper-flippers, shield of the gods bonus light bar. Flippers just rebuilt and replaced with the original translucents. New bumper caps,rubber and glass. Has upper playfield wear, cabinet is average for age,backglass perfect. No broken or missing plastic.Few leds. Asking $850 obo.

#2 11 years ago

[IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x231/1coop007/IMG_8658_zps88393121.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x231/1coop007/IMG_8663_zps4289294a.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x231/1coop007/IMG_8677_zpsd96e6595.jpg[/IMG] IMG_8658.JPGIMG_8658.JPG IMG_8663.JPGIMG_8663.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Can bring to expo....

#4 11 years ago

Wow very nice looking example. Best of luck with your sale.

#5 11 years ago

Fun Game. Good luck with the sale.

#6 11 years ago

I would love to see it go to someone that would bring it back to new. ( Then charge me an ungodly amount when I buy it back in a year!)

#7 11 years ago

I think i might be your man for this one but it would be a keeper for me lol

#8 11 years ago

Medusa is sold. Sorry to you guys I didn't respond to. It went to the first guy to confirm. I didn't realize the ole girl was so popular!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I didn't realize the ole girl was so popular!

And almost a giveaway at that price. Congrats on the sale!

#10 11 years ago

Damn it! I want bad!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Damn it! I want bad!

How bad did you want one. This one just sold to day for $1050. Wrong side of the country for you but what's another $400 in shipping.

ebay.com link: 1981 Bally Medusa Pinball Machine

#12 11 years ago

I'd be willing to ship. Anyone know of one let me know. My daughter is a 10 year old pinball fan who's also a Greek mythology nut.
She was so disappointed there was no Medusa when we went to CAX.

#13 11 years ago

Well if it makes you guys feel better Ive been after one of these for the last 2.5 years but before you get all upset check out this ones upper PF.
There are nicer ones out there to to get but same time im looking forward to the challenge of bringing this PF back to its former glory.

medusa_upper.JPGmedusa_upper.JPG
But on the positive side now i have this one comming then Fathom around thanksgiving finally I will have the last 2 solid state Ballys Im after from the early 80s

#14 11 years ago

I played one for the first time at Blainebrook bowl and i feel in love with it. a great pin, and i also would love to own one someday.

#15 11 years ago

I have 2 out in the warehouse in unknown condition. Maybe it's time to unfold them this weekend and see what I actually have...

I know the game has value but is it actually a good player?

#16 11 years ago

Is it a good player? I may be biased but, yes. Out of that era it has a ton of things going on. The upper playfield with the zipper flippers is cool.Most of the big points are earned on the upper half. It has the display under the playfield, the "light Gorgons" to time your plunger shots and of course some of the coolest artwork ever. Don't forget the Shield of the Gods post. Early 80's arcade call outs are still the best.

#17 11 years ago

Anyone in WI that can look at this for me?

appleton.craigslist.org link

My daughter says "Pretty please?"

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Well if it makes you guys feel better Ive been after one of these for the last 2.5 years but before you get all upset check out this ones upper PF.

Will it be done in time for MGC? That was your Xenon there last year, right?

#20 11 years ago

Medusa wont be done in time but I will have space invaders complete by the expo I plan on bringing it down if it dont sell first.
Yeah that was my Xenon @ the MGC but I sold it shortly after and turned it into a Space station, Speakeasy, and Spectrum.
Space station is in Clear and buffed just got done replacing all the PF sockets and am currently working on the switches and sol. assemblies but that one will be more of a restoration. I have pics here http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-space-invaders-playfield-restoration.
i should have it up and running and complete within 2 weeks.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

I have 2 out in the warehouse in unknown condition. Maybe it's time to unfold them this weekend and see what I actually have...
I know the game has value but is it actually a good player?

If you pull out those two Medusas and you get them running, I believe they will sell very quickly.

As an owner of a mint Medusa, I believe it is a very good player. The zipper flippers and the drop targets in the upper playfield are simply one aspect of gameplay. You also have the ability to earn extra time and extra balls using the bottom targets. The spinner can be multiplied using a skillful plunge. The moveable post between the bottom flippers adds another skill element to the game. And the brutal outlanes help improve your nudging skills. Add a clean and waxed playfield, and the game can be incredibly fast.

It's not the best singleton pinball machine,i.e. the only pinball machine in a collection, but it offers some unique play as well as the best art of any 1980's era machine (IMHO). Of course, if you have any game long enough, you can master it and lose some love. But since my game is set to difficult settings, I am no where close to mastering it. So it's not leaving my collection outside of a ridiculous cash offer.

Marcus

#22 11 years ago

Someone help me score one of these beauties please?

1 week later
#23 11 years ago

I got this medusa yesterday great machine needs work but the seller is a stand up guy even delivered it . A smooth pleasant transaction

#24 11 years ago

Nice, always good to hear when things go well. There's a Medusa local to me for sale but pf and cab are rough and seller is firm with a price above it's value IMHO.

#25 11 years ago

Well medusa seems to be going up in value but yeah this one obviously needs a cab repaint and the PF art restoration will be an adventure in patience but it was represented honestly it has rebuilt flippers boards have minimal issue with little to no acid damage new EOS switches and rebuilt flippers an new coil or so it mostly a matter of art restoration but $850 delivered what else can a guy ask or on this machine realy it is a fair deal and the guy is pretty cool shot the shit with him for an hour or so Its always good to hang out with another pinball guy Wish more were closer unfortunately Im on the outer rim of the Chicago/Milwaukee area group. so dont get to hang out with too many pinball guys unless I goto a show.
But I wouldnt mind another transaction on a machine with this guy down the road all you seem to hear about here is negative transactions Ide like to point out a good one for once .

#26 11 years ago

Glad you're happy with it, Hellfire. It's a great game, and I'd love to own one some day. If you ever get it restored, make sure to show us the photos.

#27 11 years ago

It will get restored thats for certain ill turn it into a gem just unsure where it sits in the order of when Ill get to it getting the machine is the desired condition for a reasonable price is the hard part in which a guy can spend some $$ to do it right and not exceed the value of the machine but I can set a $1500-$1800 budget on this machine and turn it into a top 1% and not burn myself but this one is and has always been a keeper it was just a matter of getting one.
Im about done with Space Invaders and has to go, then Silverball will get the new PF and full restore then that one will be going as well then I have Fathom coming to finish my Bally collection, and a Flash Gordon to restore and flip.
Going to be a busy winter lol.
I have been posting some restoration stages here under Bally space Invaders PF restoration I will do the same with the rest of the machines Im restoring

#28 11 years ago

Just wanted to add a quick note.I think my Medusa found the right guy. If he puts half the work he did on his Space Invaders restore,WOW. If you have a chance, take a look at a Hellfire restore. Above and beyond is all I can say. Whoever picked up his SI has a better that new machine. Can't wait to see the Medusa!

11 months later
#29 10 years ago

Well took a day or so to shop out and drop in the replacement PF for now until i can get time to restore it anyway either way looks and plays alot better ATM

016.JPG016.JPG 017.JPG017.JPG 018.JPG018.JPG 033.JPG033.JPG

#30 10 years ago

Looks fantastic, Hellfire. Thanks for bumping the thread! Are you bringing it to Expo?

#31 10 years ago

dont suppose there are any more medusa PF's where that one came from? wishful thinking i know

#32 10 years ago

Gorgeous!
Medusa is tops on my list to own.
I think I'm going to sell flintstones to fund buying two older games like medusa and xenon.
DMD games are great but I think there's more to the older games that suits my fancy.
Nice job on that medusa hellfire!

#33 10 years ago

No not going to the Expo this year cant leave till sat morning if im even around and the sunday last year was a pretty big disapointment. I got back in town and have to haul ass on a pinbot to get ready and deliver for the Shark club by the oct 5th for their next event anyway.
But i do plan on trying to get it to the MGC for sure.
I wanted to bring last year but it took too long in michigan and didnt have but 2 days before the show this spring and was burnt out at the time and said the hell with it lol I was working 12-20hrs for 10 days at the club just before the MGC this last year.

#34 10 years ago

Well its not restored at all it will get a high end but i have so many other peoples machines atm it might take a year or so to get to.

I got lucky with the PF i had a buddy get a headless medusa and looks like it was almost never played If i could find a head i could build a second machine.

#35 10 years ago

Medusa is a really great looking game. I played a super nice one at the TPF and really enjoyed it. Interesting playfield layout.

#36 10 years ago

make sure you get the hinges if you find a head very hard to find

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Well its not restored at all it will get a high end but i have so many other peoples machines atm it might take a year or so to get to.

A high end restored Medusa will command some serious coin on the market. Can't wait to see it when you get to it.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

make sure you get the hinges if you find a head very hard to find

I have several sets extra atm fortunately i have some salvaged but yeah holding them tight.

Quoted from TigerLaw:A high end restored Medusa will command some serious coin on the market. Can't wait to see it when you get to it.

Yeah if i could find a head i know where there is a fathom i could convert I suppose then i can build a second machine the original playfield is restorable but obviously i took the better PF for my machine becouse i dont get paid to restore my own lol.

4 months later
#39 10 years ago

looking for a good playfield mine is worn............

IMG_0999.jpegIMG_0999.jpeg
#40 10 years ago

CPR is making them......better get on the list, I've been on it a while.......,,,,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 195.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

$ 90.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-medusa-chicagoland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.