• Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-221.jpg
image-46.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

We are starting to get a feel for "current market" for MM's. All you hear is "crickets".......nobody is stepping up at over $10K until market value gets more defined in my opinion. Again, "current market" with uncertainties doesn't mean much and everyone will know more next year about how remakes effect market. However, I guess it is possible that used ones end up selling for less then new ones if the new ones play as good or better and do have less maintainance. I have always said "pinball machines are NOT works of art" as they can be reproduced and technology can change.....so many people have used the artwork as an analogy and I guess now we will see.....do people care that the old ones are "classics" or are they going to say "hey, I would rather have a new one with less maintainance and in "perfect condition"......will be interesting. Personally, I will always take the newer version as I have no fix it skills so for someone like me the new one is MORE VALUABLE rather then less valuable.....but that is me !!!

#35 10 years ago

I just got up to my laugh of the morning. OP wrote about some of his insulting offers as he considered an offer of $8.5K insulting. Supposedly he has multiple offers above $10K and some over $11K. What am I missing ? This should be sold then. The asking is $10.9K so why isn't it sold is my question. Even at $8.5K this is a 100% price appreciation over the last 5 years based on where they were selling.

In my opinion, this is exactly what this hobby has become. This is exactly why the remakes will continue to be prevalent in my opinion. When people start feeling that 100% appreciation offers after 5 years ($8.5K) are insulting something has gone wrong in my opinion with this hobby.

Pinball machines in my opinion should be "depreciating assets" (like MOST cars....not all but most depreciate). So many people believe just about every pin they buy should APPRECIATE.....this mindset will eventually be reversed someday as pins are not a 401K account in my opinion. Damn, even 401K accounts have some bad periods where they decrease 20-30 percent so in a best case scenario this HOBBY is due for a nice 20-30 percent correction....that's right this is the ONLY asset class that should never even "correct in price". The mindset of a lot of pinball "hobbyist" needs a "re-set" in my opinion.

Pins are just suppose to go up 5-20 percent every year !!!! Maybe I should sell my houses, stocks, etc and just put everything in pinball machines.....my feeling is most prices will be lower in 5-10 years and that is going to upset A LOT of people (not everyone but at least the ones who are counting on the value of these machines to help fund either retirement or vacations or other expenses in the future).

#36 10 years ago

MY MISTAKE.....it wasn't the OP that wrote the post I read. My sincere apologies OP.....I read the post from JFH about his offers.....SORRY about that !!!

#38 10 years ago

LOL......sd that was good. What I have learned is any MM ad even under $10K will be on here for awhile as well as many other titles where people want over $8K in my opinion. Only time will tell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-medieval-madness-mn-11500?tu=houseofpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.