Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-221.jpg
image-46.jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Game has wear in scroll area of flippers on PF. New Mantis Drawbridge assy. Plays nice. Great players game or restore. Domestic game. Thanks! JR 651-647-5811

#2 5 years ago

Deal with confidence - great seller!!!

#5 5 years ago

Gay Lesbian With Spouse?

#6 5 years ago

No pics?

2 weeks later
#8 5 years ago

Bump , can bring in 2014 Expo or MGC 2014

#9 5 years ago

Aren't brand new ones 7995?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

This was posted before that announcement. But also, you can have this one now and the other comes at really an unspecified date. Also, unknown how new ones will be

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Reproductions are.

#12 5 years ago

New ones are not the same then the Williams MM

#13 5 years ago

We are starting to get a feel for "current market" for MM's. All you hear is "crickets".......nobody is stepping up at over $10K until market value gets more defined in my opinion. Again, "current market" with uncertainties doesn't mean much and everyone will know more next year about how remakes effect market. However, I guess it is possible that used ones end up selling for less then new ones if the new ones play as good or better and do have less maintainance. I have always said "pinball machines are NOT works of art" as they can be reproduced and technology can change.....so many people have used the artwork as an analogy and I guess now we will see.....do people care that the old ones are "classics" or are they going to say "hey, I would rather have a new one with less maintainance and in "perfect condition"......will be interesting. Personally, I will always take the newer version as I have no fix it skills so for someone like me the new one is MORE VALUABLE rather then less valuable.....but that is me !!!

#14 5 years ago

True but everyone doesn't see it that way ,it's like with cars ,say a mustang they making them still today but a lot of people still would love the older ones and will pay big money for them so I think this will be the same way

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

True but everyone doesn't see it that way ,it's like with cars ,say a mustang they making them still today but a lot of people still would love the older ones and will pay big money for them so I think this will be the same way

More people do see it that way vs not I would wager. Not sure the classic car analogy holds.

Glws though!

#16 5 years ago

I still think the new MM will be made not as good as the older ones thats for sure ,it's like anything else out there ,they would lose money that way and I don't think they will ,but we will see how good they really are

#17 5 years ago

I still want pics of that project creature you have.

#18 5 years ago

I still think the new MM will be made not as good as the older ones thats for sure ,it's like anything else out there ,they would lose money that way and I don't think they will ,but we will see how good they really are

To use your own car analogy, a new mustang is faster, handles better, is more reliable, is safer, and is more fuel efficient than a '65 Mustang. The old ones have nostalgia value, but the technology has improved tremendously.

There's no reason to think that the new ones will be inferior in any tangible way.

#19 5 years ago

Where this analogy falls short is that most people aren't driving around in 1969 Cameros all day long. People are playing pinball.

The reason this argument doesn't hold water (and it's not just you so not picking on you William) is because collectables that are cherished are not being used on a daily basis. They are sitting to "collect" value. Hence the word "collectables."

Pinball machines "can" be collectables but what would be the fun in that? Therefore, to most pinball players the deal of buying a brand new Medieval Madness for $8K with no "W"s far outweighs having a collectable machine that is over 16 years old.

#20 5 years ago

Yes I know very ture ,I know what your talking about ,I do own a older car and no I don't drive it all the time but its nice to look at and drive just sometimes .so same thing with my MM

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

To use your own car analogy, a new mustang is faster, handles better, is more reliable, is safer, and is more fuel efficient than a '65 Mustang. The old ones have nostalgia value, but the technology has improved tremendously.
There's no reason to think that the new ones will be inferior in any tangible way.

New technology is awesome....and when it comes to Mustangs, Camaros and Vettes there was NO technology in them compared to todays offerings! All the new ones will run twelve second quarter miles with the A/C on right out of the factory with stock tires and get 22 mpg+ on the highway with much better suspension, steering, drivelines and braking. I've either had most of the old pony cars or been in them and can tell you they are no comparison to the new cars in any way, shape or form.

I'm not a computer expert by any means, but I'm sure someone on this site can give you some figures about how much faster the newer processor being used is, how much less heat it creates etc. Its only pinball folks...the switches tell the coils what to do and the processor registers the results on the DMD screen. The code that the new games from other manufacturers lack is not an issue....its locked in, time proven and will be near identical. The mechanicals are identical to the originals...and its the same stuff you would buy from Planetary to repair your old original MM with.

So the only difference that might matter is the quality of the wood in the playfield. And since most MM's out there have already been equipped with aftermarket playfields its a moot issue too. And why would anyone care what trademark emblem is on the game? The newer boards will be easier to find and cheaper to replace if you ever have an issue too. The backboard lighting will hopefully be better than the original mess that came with this game. Surely it cannot be any worse.

If anybody want to be a collector like with the original AC Cobras you can certainly find a perfect original MM somewhere for $20,000. But for those of us who want to buy a game to play on a daily basis we finally have an option at the comparable price of other NIB games. But we know that this game will have completed code upon delivery instead of hoping and praying that the manufacturer will finish the code "some day later on" which for some reason never seems to happen.

If you wanna put an MM in a museum pay $20,000+ for it and do it. There are games like that out there. If you wanna have fun and play it with your family buy the new one for $8000 and enjoy it without worrying that you will lose $10,000 if it gets too much wear on it.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

If you wanna put an MM in a museum pay $20,000+ for it. If you wanna have fun and play it with your family buy the new one.

Pretty sure that was my point except for the fact that I made it in about three sentences.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Pretty sure that was my point except for the fact that I made it in about three sentences.

Yea I know. But it seems that you have to break it down further sometimes for easier comprehension. It does'nt help that i have the popcorn out. My bad

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Yea I know. But it seems that you have to break it down further sometimes for easier comprehension. It does'nt help that i have the popcorn out. My bad

I was just joking around. I'm glad to see your post because it was spot on. Despite the fact it was like reading James Joyce

#25 5 years ago

would you rather have a original 69 fastback ford mustang or a reproduction 69 fastback? its a 69 fastback it just does not say ford on it.

#26 5 years ago

I went to buy a new ACDC Pre and I opened it up there before I paid for it and found the PF with faws on it ,this happen two times ,sometimes new is always good in that way ,same thing happen with my FG when I got it so after this has happen two many times I am not really intoo new any more they don't made them like they use too years ago

#27 5 years ago

That's not quite right, I have a 1970 Mustang and it's totally different then a new one. If the new Mustang coming out LOOKED like my 70 but had modern tech in it that would upset me because the tech of my 70 came with the look. That's what makes it a collectable. Same with MM. But driving a collectable car out in public is quite different then playing a pin in your basement.

#28 5 years ago

I like the older things in life they are build mush better and stronger then today's things out there

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's not quite right, I have a 1970 Mustang and it's totally different then a new one. If the new Mustang coming out LOOKED like my 70 but had modern tech in it that would upset me because the tech of my 70 came with the look. That's what make it a collectable. Same with MM. But driving a collectable car out in public is quite different then playing a pin in your basement.

Yes your right ,I own a 1986 Monte Carlo SS but the new ones just don't look the same like my does

#30 5 years ago

I went to buy a new ACDC Pre and I opened it up there before I paid for it and found the PF with faws on it ,this happen two times ,sometimes new is always good in that way ,same thing happen with my FG when I got it so after this has happen two many times I am not really intoo new any more they don't made them like they use too years ago

Hard to compare Stern quality to what's going on with the remake. Many of us are excited for the remake because we've been disappointed with their quality and our gut feeling is we'll be seeing quality towards the JJP side plus get a great game. There's really no reason to believe differently with the names involved in passing the final inspection I'm sure a Williams quality game will be their main criteria.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

We are starting to get a feel for "current market" for MM's. All you hear is "crickets".......nobody is stepping up at over $10K until market value gets more defined in my opinion.

Opinions don't always match the facts. I have had multiple offers over $10k in the last few days. Two over $11k. (And quite a few at $6k-$8.5k, which are borderline insulting)

#32 5 years ago

Ok I will post this again since we seem to keep coming back to car analogys on the MMR vs MM controversy.
Here is a better car analogy
Pic 2 is an original 67 Shelby GT500 $150k +- (original MM)
Pic 1 is a remake "Eleanor" $150k +- (MMR)
Both are sweet!image-221.jpgimage-46.jpg

#33 5 years ago

I'd take Eleanor for a nice ride anyday.

#34 5 years ago

I own a 1966 V8 mustang convertible. No one could reproduce this car today because new cars today must pass 2013 smaug, fuel efficiency, and safety standards. I don't believe pinball machines have these restrictions. Still, a new 2013 V8 mustang convertible costs more than a similar 1966 mustang.

#35 5 years ago

I just got up to my laugh of the morning. OP wrote about some of his insulting offers as he considered an offer of $8.5K insulting. Supposedly he has multiple offers above $10K and some over $11K. What am I missing ? This should be sold then. The asking is $10.9K so why isn't it sold is my question. Even at $8.5K this is a 100% price appreciation over the last 5 years based on where they were selling.

In my opinion, this is exactly what this hobby has become. This is exactly why the remakes will continue to be prevalent in my opinion. When people start feeling that 100% appreciation offers after 5 years ($8.5K) are insulting something has gone wrong in my opinion with this hobby.

Pinball machines in my opinion should be "depreciating assets" (like MOST cars....not all but most depreciate). So many people believe just about every pin they buy should APPRECIATE.....this mindset will eventually be reversed someday as pins are not a 401K account in my opinion. Damn, even 401K accounts have some bad periods where they decrease 20-30 percent so in a best case scenario this HOBBY is due for a nice 20-30 percent correction....that's right this is the ONLY asset class that should never even "correct in price". The mindset of a lot of pinball "hobbyist" needs a "re-set" in my opinion.

Pins are just suppose to go up 5-20 percent every year !!!! Maybe I should sell my houses, stocks, etc and just put everything in pinball machines.....my feeling is most prices will be lower in 5-10 years and that is going to upset A LOT of people (not everyone but at least the ones who are counting on the value of these machines to help fund either retirement or vacations or other expenses in the future).

#36 5 years ago

MY MISTAKE.....it wasn't the OP that wrote the post I read. My sincere apologies OP.....I read the post from JFH about his offers.....SORRY about that !!!

#37 5 years ago

What ive learned here is any MM market ad in the next 6-9 months will have no trouble keeping bumped

#38 5 years ago

LOL......sd that was good. What I have learned is any MM ad even under $10K will be on here for awhile as well as many other titles where people want over $8K in my opinion. Only time will tell.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from garyspinballs:

would you rather have a original 69 fastback ford mustang or a reproduction 69 fastback? its a 69 fastback it just does not say ford on it.

Is the new one half the price and using some newer technology?

#40 5 years ago

(comment removed)

Sorry my post shouldn't have been in a for sale thread as I just realizied, wishing the OP good luck with their sale.

#42 5 years ago

A MM in Australia was a no sale a few weeks ago for $8700usd

Medieval madness pinball
New cabinet decals
New coin door
New purple mirror flippers and flipper buttons.
New bling balls
Mirror blades
New legs and side rails.
New cabinet bolts
Led lighting on playfield and GI's

If the NIB MMs play good and are reliable , original MMs are going to tank in price . I don't care what the owner did or payed or thinks their machine is worth , they are going to take a big hit . We have already seen 1,000 plus NIB sell and this could easily double .

#43 5 years ago

Repro MM's will be 10k in Australia once landed.

A restored Williams MM in the 8k range for Aus doesn't seem that unreasonable even with recent announcements in the US taken into account.

#44 5 years ago

Totally different manufacturer than what we are working with here. You are comparing new to new. Doesn't work.

#45 5 years ago

I know Stern was the only one out there until now ,I can't wait until they come out to see how they are made

#46 5 years ago

My father in law has a 65 GT, but he still loves driving my wife's 06 GT.

I don't get why people are upset when looking at the single board in the backbox. I know it has been said already, but electronics have come along way since 97. Also aren't most high end resto's using repro'd parts anyway, with some even using decals on the cab?

Either way glws.

#47 5 years ago

Yes that way I would rather have the older ones better

#48 5 years ago

Williams built MM's and all of thier products on a mass produced scale and quality control was likely reduced to making sure everything performed well mechanically so they could ship out to operators to put on location. There was no where near the home market hobbyist we have today to critique the details in the looks dept, a blemish on a playfield here or there did not matter much when your trying to make money with the machine. Now with a remake, 70% of these machines are being sold to the home user whom are a far more strict to critique the details on looks as well. The repro MM's aren't being made by some Podunk, fly by night operation, they will make sure the product meets the demand of the pinball hobbyists and the operators as well. If anything the repro will be the better quality unit, making the improvements on the new game where the original lacked.

Comparing a muscle era car to todays counterpart isnt going to fly here either, 40 years to compare a vehicle to the same model being made today is hardly the same thing to making a comparison to something that's made in the late 90's to the same product being made today, 15 years.

Ive also noticed a few of the hardcore Williams MM guys are bent on saying their machine will still hold its value the way it was before the announcement and always try to berate the conversation of the new machines stating the new machines will be a joke compared to the Williams. They either refuse to accept that their machine is now worth roughly 40% less then it was a few days ago or they are just in denial about it.

Anyone that actually believes an original MM will be superior over a reproduction needs to have their head checked.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

MY MISTAKE.....it wasn't the OP that wrote the post I read. My sincere apologies OP.....I read the post from JFH about his offers.....SORRY about that !!!

I was referring to those that thought I should sell mine to them for $8k since "the market has crashed" or "I should get whatever I can before the bottom drops out".

I do not have to sell my game. I love MM. Why should I take $8k-$9k to essentially trade my pristine original HUO for a remake? It's quite possible I won't sell mine. I'm perfectly fine with that.

It's not important to me to have an original, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give it up without receiving whatever value I assign to "trading" it for an MMR.

(I happen to think the remake is great for pinball, and I'm not complaining that the value of my game as measured by others may have / may be impacted by MMR. I didn't buy my MM because I thought it would go up in value. I bought it because I love the game. It wasn't until Williams went out of business that I thought otherwise. But it didn't really matter, because no one in my family was going to let me sell Medieval.)

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from garyspinballs:

Lets put this in MM vs MMR terms. The original fastback has 100k miles on it but has been restored to excellent condition. It's selling for $100k (that's an arbitrary guess). The reproduction is pretty much exactly the same car with zero miles on it and is brand new. It sells for $50k (another arbitrary guess). I've always loved that car since I was a little kid and would give my right arm to own one. At $100k though, I just can't afford it. It will break the bank. A $50k alternative however I can manage. It gives me the opportunity to own my dream car that I would never have had a chance at otherwise in my life and so I do it. If I could I would prefer an original of course, but I can't so I do the next best thing. Buy the reproduction.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside