DSC_0036.JPG
8mkrje3.gif
boobs-jiggle-13.gif
ReACp4I.png
49686294.jpg
bump1.jpg
b.png
DSCF5032.JPG
There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Pretty much just didn't want to have my work presented out of context.

Completely understandable.... I'm not sure how saying it was not your work turned into such a shit storm...Just as centerflank said, I myself am a business owner and understand how we feel about our babies.

We now return to our regularly scheduled for sale thread...

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The $50 tip I left with from the job I completed today says it all.

That's a lot of beer!

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im a wall painting freak, it better look like the edging lines to the woodwork/ceiling were cut by a laser or its garbage

By a laser? O my god man do you realize that the earth is spinning at like 17,000 miles per hour? Feel lucky that I only spilled half the bucket of paint on the carpet travelin' at these speeds

BTW - Wish I could get a Medieval as sweet as this one!! It is beautiful

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's a lot of beer!

Heading to the bar for Friday Funday 2moro with my lovely Mrs.

Taking her shopping first, she has a shirt she wants.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

By a laser? O my god man do you realize that the earth is spinning at like 17,000 miles per hour? Feel lucky that I only spilled half the bucket of paint on the carpet travelin' at these speeds

Guess 17k miles an hour can't throw my hand brushing ability off!

You spilled paint? Oh man, that is a capital offense in my book, punishable by nut punch! LOL!

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Guess 17k miles an hour can't throw my hand brushing ability off!
You spilled paint? Oh man, that is a capital offense in my book, punishable by nut punch! LOL!

Not to derail the thread, but yes I spill paint - often.

#107 9 years ago

Some of the other controversy was maybe foreseeable, but I have to wonder how many times OP expected the term "nut punch" to pop up when he set out to sell his MM.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

but I have to wonder how many times OP expected the term "nut punch" to pop up

Safe to say it should be expected for the unseen future in any thread.

edit…….NUTPUNCH!!!!!

#109 9 years ago

The fact of the matter is, a lot of "high end restorers" get their panties in a wad when they see someone describe a game as "high quality", "restored" or in this case, a specific restorer was mentioned.

When I saw the post that said it was "as good as a HEP", I did not take that literally, nor do I believe that anyone else on here did (and if you did, you should know better). I didn't immediately discount the pictures and actual description once I saw someone mention that. There was no need for anyone to become offended by how this machine was represented.. unless they said it was actually done by that restorer (which it was not).

Lighten up, this is just a hobby and it's supposed to be fun and/or an escape from the stressors of life.

#110 9 years ago

In a way HEP should be flattered that the term HEP is now used as a way to describe the benchmark in high end restorations.

#111 9 years ago

Please keep this thread on track. It's a for sale post folks.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What an idiotic thing to say.

Well, Rob, once again thank you for your valuable input to Pinside. For the Positively impaired, let me further explain.

It was a compliment to Chris and his HEP work, offhanded though due to Chris needing to hold himself to a higher standard and not be so defensive and petty. But thank you Rob, for going for the jugular like usual. Now, maybe YOU should relax Chief.

I have high regard for HEP work, and if the rest of the world wants to throw his name around in a comparison, let em. Good press, bad press, all good press. Trying to police a public forum? Touchy and petty. Harmful to the reputation.

There is no denying the OP has a passion for MM. His machine is beautiful. Almost HEPish IMO.

That is all. Carry on. Except Rob. Take a vaca. Have a drink or three. Kiss your wife. Take some meds...I dunno, whatever gets things away from your dark ID for awhile.

No denying the OP has a passion for MM. His machine looks beautiful, almost HEPish. GLWTS

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

The fact of the matter is, a lot of "high end restorers" get their panties in a wad when they see someone describe a game as "high quality", "restored" or in this case, a specific restorer was mentioned.
When I saw the post that said it was "as good as a HEP", I did not take that literally, nor do I believe that anyone else on here did (and if you did, you should know better). I didn't immediately discount the pictures and actual description once I saw someone mention that. There was no need for anyone to become offended by how this machine was represented.. unless they said it was actually done by that restorer (which it was not).
Lighten up, this is just a hobby and it's supposed to be fun and/or an escape from the stressors of life.

But at the same time there are other restorers out there that do just as good of work. He's not the only one out there that does good quality full game restorations.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

He's not the only one out there that does good quality full game restorations.

I think HEP restorations and "good quality full game restorations" as you put it are two very different things! If you consider HEP's work as "good quality full game restorations" then you have never seen one in person.

#115 9 years ago

yes I have. Several times. But others out there do fantastic work as well. I'm just saying he's not the only game in town.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes I have. Several times. But others out there do fantastic work as well. I'm just saying he's not the only game in town.

No he's not but he's the total package and can do everything to an extremely high level. I think the only thing he doesn't do on his own is plating and board repair. I don't know of anyone else out there that can do complete restorations to his level including clear coating playfields and complete cabinet restoration... not just applying decals but actually repainting/stenciling the original artwork when needed.

The HEP name only means one thing...

Regardless of all that this MM for sale here is pretty incredible with all those great mods and seems to be priced right. GLWTS OP!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The HEP name only means one thing...

Oh, way to leave me hangin', Tony! What's it mean???

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh, way to leave me hangin', Tony! What's it mean???

High End Pins: http://www.highendpins.com/about_us.htm

Take your favorite title and have him restore it for you... you will then know what HEP means. Its more of an experience that has to be experienced!

#119 9 years ago

I was just kidding...some stuff doesn't come across well when you write it. My bad. And I just sent him my favorite title. Now if I could just sell my daughter off to somebody to pay for it...

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now if I could just sell my daughter off to somebody to pay for it...

Its worth it!

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Please keep this thread on track. It's a for sale post folks.

Ah, come on, we all know that on pinside a high dollar game can not sale until there are at least 100 post in the thread. It's a right of passage. We are just trying to help the OP get there quicker

#122 9 years ago

Off topic debates keep the FS thread bumped to the top. If you're the OP, what's not to love?

#123 9 years ago

Since OP doesn't seem bothered I am leaving it open. I may come in later and kick everyone who continued talking about HEP against instructions other than the guy that posted the technical differences, which is certainly fine to do (we know this game is not at HEP standards, though it is a very nice game...but if you feel the need to repeat this position that everyone else already knows then please add to the thread by discussing the differences...so people can learn).

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#125 9 years ago

I find it pretty interesting actually!

bump1.jpgbump1.jpg

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I find it pretty interesting actually!

Poor bikers .

#127 9 years ago

Boy I regret mentioning HEP in describing that pin. When we say something is divine we don't mean it is actually God. When we say something is like a HEP pin we mean its beautiful, gorgeous, immaculate etc. Now can we please move on and get back to the sale of this gorgeous pin.

#128 9 years ago

Actually kinda reminded me of a scene in Clash of the Titans when Andomeda's beauty was compared to Thetis and all hell broke loose.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, Rob, once again thank you for your valuable input to Pinside. For the Positively impaired, let me further explain.
It was a compliment to Chris and his HEP work, offhanded though due to Chris needing to hold himself to a higher standard and not be so defensive and petty. But thank you Rob, for going for the jugular like usual. Now, maybe YOU should relax Chief.
I have high regard for HEP work, and if the rest of the world wants to throw his name around in a comparison, let em. Good press, bad press, all good press. Trying to police a public forum? Touchy and petty. Harmful to the reputation.
There is no denying the OP has a passion for MM. His machine is beautiful. Almost HEPish IMO.
That is all. Carry on. Except Rob. Take a vaca. Have a drink or three. Kiss your wife. Take some meds...I dunno, whatever gets things away from your dark ID for awhile.
No denying the OP has a passion for MM. His machine looks beautiful, almost HEPish. GLWTS

Summary: blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

I stand by my statement that your post was an <edited> thing to say.

But no worries, I wasn't surprised by it coming from you.

Post edited by moderator: no more personal attacks. please move on.

#130 9 years ago

Skipping all that drama...

This is a gorgeous MM, good luck on the sale!

#131 9 years ago

I think all the jabs back and forth likely have an underlying agenda.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Boy I regret mentioning HEP in describing that pin. When we say something is divine we don't mean it is actually God. When we say something is like a HEP pin we mean its beautiful, gorgeous, immaculate etc. Now can we please move on and get back to the sale of this gorgeous pin.

That was yesterday.Today is a new day and we move on.Life is too short to spend too much time arguing on the computer.

To summarize my position it is simple.

The wording is what made me reply.Just that it was stated that it" looks like it just came from HEP".Not that it was as nice etc but that it specifically looked like it just came from here.

To offset that I simply stated no it does not mostly because it was not even my style of restoration so I wanted to make sure less knowledgeable people understood that.Not everyone knows all the ins and outs of these things like most of us that participate here do.
I don't take anything for granted I like to try and make everything clear that I can.Hence the extremely detailed photo etc.
It isn't ego or petty it is just how I am.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Summary: blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah.
I stand by my statement that your post was an idiotic thing to say.
But no worries, I wasn't surprised by it coming from you.

Great response AND a personal attack. Keep talkin' little man...

Internet Hero. Movin' on. Another bump for a pristine MM.

#134 9 years ago

That was yesterday.Today is a new day and we move on.Life is too short to spend too much time arguing on the computer.
To summarize my position it is simple.
The wording is what made me reply.Just that it was stated that it" looks like it just came from HEP".Not that it was as nice etc but that it specifically looked like it just came from here.
To offset that I simply stated no it does not mostly because it was not even my style of restoration so I wanted to make sure less knowledgeable people understood that.Not everyone knows all the ins and outs of these things like most of us that participate here do.
I don't take anything for granted I like to try and make everything clear that I can.Hence the extremely detailed photo etc.
It isn't ego or petty it is just how I am.

You do wonderful work as far as I've heard and seen on the 'net. Nuff' said by me on this.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Great response AND a personal attack. Keep talkin' little man...
Internet Hero. Movin' on. Another bump for a pristine MM.

Don't you have some more non-substantiated upcoming pin rumors to start?

#136 9 years ago

Beautiful MM, wish I could afford it. On the wish list. GLWTS!

#137 9 years ago

I was gonna Bump this Thread...but decided not to....

#138 9 years ago

Its funny that an internet forum that consists of mostly grown men would have so much drama in a thread like this. I'm a pretty young dude and I don't even see drama and bickering like this between women on my facebook feed that compares...

49686294.jpg49686294.jpg
#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

Not to derail the thread, but yes I spill paint - often.

huffing isn't the same as spilling

#140 9 years ago

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this rivals even the best of Stars Wars message board fights.

You guys have went full nerd....actually I'm going to say "turbo nerd".

I have a mental image of a Napoleon Dynamite, all hopped up on energy drinks and angrily shouting out..."Don't you have some more non-substantiated upcoming pin rumors to start?!??!!!!!!!"

I hope the OP sells this pin despite all this. I hope a pinsider gets it and their whole family loves it.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this rivals even the best of Stars Wars message board fights.
You guys have went full nerd....actually I'm going to say "turbo nerd".
I have a mental image of a Napoleon Dynamite, all hopped up on energy drinks and angrily shouting out..."Don't you have some more non-substantiated upcoming pin rumors to start?!??!!!!!!!"
I hope the OP sells this pin despite all this. I hope a pinsider gets it and their whole family loves it.

ReACp4I.pngReACp4I.png
#142 9 years ago

^^^^^^^^ROFL^^^^^^^^^^. This.

#143 9 years ago

Too f***ing funny. Puts Rob right into perspective.

Didn't someone on the internet say something to someone once on the internet about arguing on the internet?

Thought I read it on the internet once...

Oh yeah, bump fer seller...Blah blah blah.

#144 9 years ago

Nice gold trim. Not that Guldens spicy brown look

#145 9 years ago

Nice machine. Too bad bad my GF would nut punch me for spending that kind of cash.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Nice machine. Too bad bad my GF would nut punch me for spending that kind of cash.

I'd almost take a nut punch for this *free bump*

#147 9 years ago

I dont see what the big deal is. So there is a comparison made to HEP here. Go look at the damn machine and if it doesnt look as good in person as it appears in the photos. Dont buy it. I hardly see why its worth getting all butthurt just because he made a comparison to another restorer.

#148 9 years ago

Bump for a sweet non-HEP MM!

#149 9 years ago

Nut punch and butthurt all in the same thread. Who could want a better bump.

#150 9 years ago

I simply stated no it does not mostly because it was not even my style of restoration so I wanted to make sure less knowledgeable people understood that.Not everyone knows all the ins and outs of these things like most of us that participate here do.

Speaking as a newcomer with no real dog in this fight, but who took the hard plunge re restoring (refurbing might be the better term) almost every aspect of his first pin:

your reply, honestly, sounded rather dickish. I *am* one of those less knowledgeable people. I've seen the acronym "HEP" tossed about in thread after thread... for the longest time I thought it was a generic term for any subjectively-deemed "High End Pinball" and an uninventive pseudo-trademark. All those references used it in terms of something to aspire to - a positive thing. With no real "specifics".

So as I read the original comment here I took it as a compliment. If I were the one being compared to, I still would - at least from the sense that I set the benchmark, even if the example under discussion didn't quite meet it.

Now I'm all for taking pride in, and defending, one's own work and craftsmanship. But if you want to do so, you SHOULD offer specifics if you're calling someone out. A snarky "no it doesn't" just sounds like yet another throwaway pedantic internet remark. I'll admit with regret, I didn't even notice the name making that comment, or I might have picked up the context. Even so and regardless: it's a dang nice looking machine!

So, with all respect and sincerity, please provide info for newcomers like me to understand and appreciate the care and love you pour into yours? I'd like to know. Just because you're apparently awesome at what you do doesn't mean you need to be a jerk about it.

Post edited by moderator: 2 hour thread ban. Staff has asked for this subject to be dropped so please drop it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-medieval-madness-7/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.