Quoted from underlord:
It was a mere comparison to an hep restore, then Chris had to chime in. Hey HEP, relax.
I don't think so. Someone said - "The machine looks like it was done by HEP" and all he did was chime in and say "No it doesn't. "
It's a nice example of an original game but it's not even close to a HEP game. He could have easily picked apart the things that aren't up to his standard but he just cleared the air that it wasn't done by him.
Inline with the request of not going into it without talking about the differences I'll oblige a few things:
- The black bottom of the cab. HEP keeps them natural.
- The wiring. This one is clean but a HEP is much more organized
- Switch/coil harnesses being labeled. Works but is not something you'd see on a HEP
- Cabinet - Lines are nice but not nearly as sharp as a HEP cab. Same with the decals.
- PF - Looks to be a stock repo. A HEP has several adjustments/fixes made plus a High end clear job.
- Brackets/silver hardware. A HEP is replated/ polished. These are cleaned up and more factory looking.
None of this is saying it's not a nice machine. Just a handful of reasons I have no issues with him piping in and answering to that comment.
***edit - Looks like he responded while I was typing. I'll leave my comments anyways.***