View topic image gallery

5-554.jpg
3-425.jpg
I, Frankenstein.jpg
image-801.jpg
image.jpg
image-35.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

He's complaining about the Motherboard:

Everything works on it.. I told him to get someone to look at it and it would probably be an easy fix.. I've tried to call him and help him out but he won't answer his phone.. He's also claiming I painted the back box on it which isn't true.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I don't think arguing with him or pointing out this stuff is going to get through to him. He is too full of himself or just that dumb. Nothing is his fault and he will not cop to anything. Best thing we as a community can do is just haunt his for sale threads and if he gives up on those and just does marketplace, just make warnings about each of his ads. I think flipping is a part-time job for him, possibly full time if he has other cons in the hopper. Probably flips retail XBOX ONES and PS4s for $600 on the side too.

Now wait a minute. I don't fault the guy for wanting to make a buck. Nothing wrong with that.
Being deceitful is another issue altogether.
I really don't know all the facts to say with 100% certainty that CF was deceived here.
Having said that, I personally would not buy anything off the Chugster.
Nor would I buy a machine sight-unseen (in person, not pics) from someone I know nothing about.
Caveat emptor.

#53 10 years ago

Sad part about the guy that bought the $2300 Blackout is that he could have gotten this Frankenstein for $200 more.

#54 10 years ago

"Motherboard"

#55 10 years ago

Wow. Changing the thread title to WTB? Not good.

#56 10 years ago

Which is it?

"everything works"
Or
"its probably an easy fix"

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Wow. Changing the thread title to WTB? Not good.

This thread is going no where.. It's no longer about my FS thread.

#58 10 years ago

I've purchased machines from Craigslist before where the seller said it need a new "computer board" or something similar and all it ended up needing was a connector re-pinned or a new fuse (or something similar). Let's face it, if CL a seller doesn't know squat about pinball machines, their prognosis is dubious at best.
My point is we don't know with 100% certainty that the game wasn't working 100% when Chugs sent it.
Now if the MPU board has an obvious issue like corrosion damage, that's another story.
How many of you have purchased a machine that was running 100% only to find it didn't work 100% when you got it home and set it up?
I suppose the buyer could've asked for a video of the machine in action but from the pics, the machine does appear to be booting at least.
Don't get me wrong, I don't trust Chugs further than than I could throw him but lets put away the torches and pitchforks until we get more information on what's wrong with the "motherboard"

#59 10 years ago

Its going somewhere, just not where you want it to

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

This thread is going no where.. It's no longer about my FS thread.

Then ask for it to be closed by a moderator. Don't change the thread title in an attempt to bury it. It does not look good. At all.

#61 10 years ago

Wow this is bad

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Solder_Splash:

I've purchased machines from Craigslist before where the seller said it need a new "computer board" or something similar and all it ended up needing was a connector re-pinned or a new fuse (or something similar). Let's face it, if CL a seller doesn't know squat about pinball machines, their prognosis is dubious at best.
My point is we don't know with 100% certainty that the game wasn't working 100% when Chugs sent it.
Now if the MPU board has an obvious issue like corrosion damage, that's another story.
How many of you have purchased a machine that was running 100% only to find it didn't work 100% when you got it home and set it up?
I suppose the buyer could've asked for a video of the machine in action but from the pics, the machine does appear to be booting at least.

Thank you, I played several games on it before it left my house. Like I said it's probably something simple. Connector, fuse, something, the guy got a very nice machine that was HUO. The pictures say it all.. I would of been happy to send him a video of the machine playing but he never asked for one. I've bought a few machines in the past and played them at the sellers location and when I got home something didn't work right on it..

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Then ask for it to be closed by a moderator. Don't change the thread title in an attempt to bury it. It does not look good. At all.

What does it matter? If I make a thread I can change the title to whatever I want. I really don't blame him, scammer or not he's right this thread took a dive quicker than the Titanic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Boards
PinSound

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 259.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mary-shellys-frankenstein/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.