IMG_0139.JPG
IMG_0138.JPG
IMG_0137.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0112.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I have a mars god of war pinball that i rescued and was going fix it up but little too much for what i want to get into at the moment. Selling for $200 or might trade for another project like this. Its perfect for parts or to be restored and this is the black ver. Look at pics and if you have any questions just ask

IMG_0113.JPGIMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0112.JPGIMG_0112.JPG
IMG_0109.JPGIMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0105.JPGIMG_0105.JPG

Post edited by 2Kaulitz: more pics

IMG_0137.JPGIMG_0137.JPG IMG_0138.JPGIMG_0138.JPG IMG_0139.JPGIMG_0139.JPG
#2 10 years ago

I already have a real nice one but that price is right, I'd sock it away but shipping kills the deal. Looking through my spare parts, I think I have most of the plastics as well. That's the rarer black cabinet Mars too and that playfield looks real nice. I hope someone close to you steps up and rescues that game, I'll be watching.

Steve

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I already have a real nice one but that price is right, I'd sock it away but shipping kills the deal. Looking through my spare parts, I think I have most of the plastics as well. That's the rarer black cabinet Mars too and that playfield looks real nice. I hope someone close to you steps up and rescues that game, I'll be watching.
Steve

Yeah steve shipping sucks i drove 3 hr to save it from the evil garage were elements attacked it. If i did not allready have a good working one in works i prolly fix it up.

#4 10 years ago

I'd snag it too but I already have 2. One sweet one in my lineup and another dead one in the garage that I had to buy in order to replace the inner glass that I broke before I even had the original game loaded in my van to bring home when I bought it!

#5 10 years ago

Dang. That's a good deal. I can fix computers and game consoles, but I think I'd be getting in over my head with this for a first pin. You're only like 90 minutes away though.......

#6 10 years ago

I LOVE that cabinet. Mine has the boring old red one. Be sure to join the MGOW no inner backglass club.

#7 10 years ago

Damn, if you were closer, you'd already have my money. Not sure why, but I've really put this game up on my want list for a while now.

-Hans

#8 10 years ago

MGoW is definitely a fun and good looking game. It's also much harder to beat or roll the score on than most System 80 games. Mine lays down the law just about every time I play it, apparently I like "pinball torture" so I keep coming back to it.

Steve

#9 10 years ago

Pending deal with Gerry in da works.

#10 10 years ago

Yeah baby

#11 10 years ago

Congrats Gerry! That will be a great game when you get it fixed up. Welcome to the no-inner-glass club.

#12 10 years ago

I already have a MGOW...

and mine is quite nice, but as always could be nicer...

I will be using the Black cab, mine is the red cab...

And taking the best of everything to make an even more stunning example for myself...

hopefully i can end up with 2 out of one, but if not there will be a wealth of parts left over, and with all the SYS80 wide body's i have they would not go to waste..

#13 10 years ago

Ya that black cabinet is very cool! Well now I know who to hit up if I need parts.

I know for sure I need a drop target. The previous owner stole one to put in one of his machines (not a MGOW, btw) while I was driving to pick it up. Nice guy....

#14 10 years ago

Black Ver is better looking one. But I like red ver I'm getting too that needs nothing

#15 10 years ago

Steve at PBR has Mars drops repro..

But the colors is more a dark red compared to the factory red which is a couple shades brighter...

If you use PBR's its better to change them all..or they will look way off...

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Steve at PBR has Mars drops repro..
But the colors is more a dark red compared to the factory red which is a couple shades brighter...
If you use PBR's its better to change them all..or they will look way off...

Yeah i noticed that too

#17 10 years ago

Nice. Of course they don't match.

#18 10 years ago

I noticed that 2 years ago about the new PBR red drop targets, they're more of a purple color. I guess Steve's quality control is out of whack or non-existent. First, the bone white posts ran out of stock so Steve had new one's made. They became glow in the dark white and all white plastics followed suit as he ran out. He said he has no plans to correct this. Now, he's running out of anything red so purple will be the new red. And I'm seeing yellow bumper caps that when they light up, look orange. So as the yellow runs out, orange will be the new yellow. I've been stocking up on all of those original colors because you won't be able to find them a few years from now when you want to restore a game.

Steve

#19 10 years ago

Do you guys the best play to buy new connectors for system 80 ? I want to have stuff read to repin my devils dare

#20 10 years ago

Any connectors I can't find in my spare parts, I buy from Ed at GPE.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=35

Steve

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Do you guys the best play to buy new connectors for system 80 ? I want to have stuff read to repin my devils dare

Quoted from blownfuse:

Any connectors I can't find in my spare parts, I buy from Ed at GPE.
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=35
Steve

He said they are discontinued so when existing stock is depleted, that's it. You may want to stock up.

#22 10 years ago

If the game works right dont F$%K with it,,

If it is F%$k'ed up re pin it !

if it's not broke dont fix it !

when it gives you S$%T re pin !

#23 10 years ago

I always re-crimp the connectors I know can be trouble after I work over the power supply and before I get started troubleshooting any of the main boards. This method has never failed to help me bullet proof my games. I believe in the old adage, "an ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure".

Nice score Gerry BTW.

Steve

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I always re-crimp the connectors I know can be trouble after I work over the power supply and before I get started troubleshooting any of the main boards. This method has never failed to help me bullet proof my games.
Steve

not disagreeing with that at all...

but if its right its right...

I bow to the KING !

I love you man

#25 10 years ago

out of all my SYS80's i have repined BH only on one connector, " as per Steve's advice " BTW problem solved there and MGOW is gonna need a bunch done... cause it is VERY tempremental !

The rest have been right as rain and rock solid thus far.... with NO re pins'

WHEN, not "IF" , i have troubles pop up with others, i will begin the repins on those games...

I am WAY too lazy to re pin games that work right...

LOL

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

If the game works right dont F$%K with it,,
If it is F%$k'ed up re pin it !
if it's not broke dont fix it !
when it gives you S$%T re pin !

INDEED

#27 10 years ago

BTW i just got home Drunk and i bow to both of you

#28 10 years ago

LOL, oh, I thought you just tipped over.

Steve

Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

BTW i just got home Drunk and i bow to both of you

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

LOL, oh, I thought you just tipped over.
Steve

Steve i might have tipped over lol but your still the king

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Omniscience3:

Dang. That's a good deal. I can fix computers and game consoles, but I think I'd be getting in over my head with this for a first pin. You're only like 90 minutes away though.......

I don't think this would be a bad first pin. Project pins are a great way to learn. I started with a wasted Williams Phoenix, and it was the perfect way to get into the hobby. This is an awesome game, only really tough part will be tracking down all the parts, IMO.

GLWS!

#31 10 years ago

Deal is 99% done with Gerry 1% left as we need meet at Allentown Pin Fest to do the deal Oh gerry do you want a ton of old used 46 bulbs ?

#32 9 years ago

Yep i will take everything

Bring booze

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Yep i will take everything
Bring booze

YAY 4 Booze

1 month later
#34 9 years ago

Just picked mars god of war up last owner screwed wiring on pop bumpers jumpers and electrical tape what a mess can some1 send some pictures of proper wire placement thanks

#35 9 years ago

Can you send some pictures of the pop bumper wiring last owner cut and taped them off due to burnt coils thanks

#36 9 years ago

Here are some pics of the wiring schematic for the pop bumpers.

Steve

WP_003418.jpgWP_003418.jpg

WP_003419.jpgWP_003419.jpg
#37 9 years ago

Thanks much

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mars-god-of-war-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.