(Topic ID: 118639)

FS: LOTR (single owner, great condition)

By snaroff

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by VolunteerPin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Purchased in 2004…still have receipt. Pin plays very strong and has given me bug free service for over 10 years.

Considered selling it 1 year ago and decided to keep it. Just moved cross country and need to thin the herd a bit. Pin currently resides in Pasadena, California.

Here is the FS thread from one year ago...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cq-lotr-low-plays-single-owner-5500. I don't have recent pictures, but can take some if necessary.

Price is $5,700 with a brand new ColorDMD installed (which is awesome, btw).

#2 7 years ago

Best of luck with the sale. Your machine looks very nice.

#3 7 years ago

Hmmmmm....

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Pin currently resides in Pasadena, California

#6 7 years ago

For those waiting/hoping for a VE release: a single owner LOTR with color DMD in good shape is the way to go imo.

GLWTS! I am sure somebody will snag this up quick. Cheers!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

For those waiting/hoping for a VE release: a single owner LOTR with color DMD in good shape is the way to go imo.
GLWTS! I am sure somebody will snag this up quick. Cheers!

The dots and theme integration really shine with the ColorDMD...I have it on many of my B/W pins and seeing the technology applied to LOTR is stunning.

#8 7 years ago

One more point...

If Stern does a LOTR VE, I imagine/hope they will improve the quality of the cabinet artwork (as others have talked about in other threads). Other than that, I don't believe they will be improving on other aspects of the pin (but this is just my opinion...I don't have any inside info).

From my perspective, as someone who has owned many Sterns, I've had far fewer problems with LOTR/TSPP than AC/DC & MET. All purchased NIB. One month after owning LOTR the Gimli switch went out and needed to be replaced. Ever since, I haven't had any mechanical issues! With AC/DC I had cannon issues, target issues, LED light board issues, just to name a few! My point: Anyone who automatically thinks newer is more reliable is fooling themselves. I think Sterns build quality and quality control were darn good in 2004. Not saying they don't build a nice pin today, but I've had far more issues with all the Sterns I've purchased since 2009.

#9 7 years ago

I agree...there are only three things they could do better: Cabinet art, lose the compression on the sounds, and those crappy fork switches.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I agree...there are only three things they could do better: Cabinet art, lose the compression on the sounds, and those crappy fork switches.

Ah yes...when my Gimli switch was replaced I changed all the fork switches to tennis rackets IIRC

#11 7 years ago

Good to see your words again Steve,Miss ya . Wish you were closer, Ha ha . Used to be .. Anyway sure things are going great on the other coast .
You and the family be well. Good luck with the sale . It is a great machine .

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Ah yes...when my Gimli switch was replaced I changed all the fork switches to tennis rackets IIRC

Where did you get the tennis racket switches? That sounds like a good idea. Thanks

#13 7 years ago

Steve is a good guy to deal with he is meticulous with his pins , good luck Steve!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Where did you get the tennis racket switches? That sounds like a good idea. Thanks

My distributor (Pinball Warehouse in San Jose, CA) got them and installed them back in 2004. At the time, I was a newbie and didn't feel comfortable buying/installing switches. He was a very smart pinball guy and proactively found the improved switches for me. I don't believe he's still in the pinball business.

#15 7 years ago

would you be interested in shipping the machine to Canada may be interested in purchasing

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

would you be interested in shipping the machine to Canada may be interested in purchasing

Not interested in shipping outside the US. Thanks for the interest.

#17 7 years ago

Bump for a nice pin.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!