• Latest reply 11 years ago by BoJo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LOTR.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Brand new and never used. $27 shipped (personal paypal is appreciated to avoid fees)

LOTR.jpgLOTR.jpg

#2 11 years ago

It should be noted that this is the version for the standard game, not the LE. The plastics on the LE don't have the holes for mounting the figures.

#3 11 years ago

Just bought and installed these on my LOTR last week. Great price.
One thing I don't understand though is why they added holes? When I took my plastics off the figures were attached to them, the protectors were installed, then the existing plastics were installed on top. I guess maybe for people who install these on top?

#4 11 years ago

The protectors have holes so you can mount the figure's feet through the holes instead of using ugly tie-wraps. It looks way better. The protector itself holds the feet down instead of the ties.

#5 11 years ago

I'll take it.. Pm sent

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The protectors have holes so you can mount the figure's feet through the holes instead of using ugly tie-wraps. It looks way better. The protector itself holds the feet down instead of the ties.

How does that work? Doesn't the protector go UNDER the plastic? So what, you'd have figures with no feet visible, just ankles up?

#7 11 years ago

The LOTR protectors for the Hobbits are made to go over the plastic so the feet are between the plastic and the protectors.

It still protects the edges of the plastics while also making the machine look better by eliminating the ties.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The LOTR protectors for the Hobbits are made to go over the plastic so the feet are between the plastic and the protectors.
It still protects the edges of the plastics while also making the machine look better by eliminating the ties.

Sorry, I guess I'm just going to chalk this one up to being dense or something. I don't get how it's going to protect a plastic that it's not underneath. Mine will be going under it, and to hell if I have to use zipties to re-mount the figures. The kit even comes with zipties. That makes no sense to me.

Pinbits has a separate plastics set for mounting the figures without the zipties I believe, but that's not what's pictured here...

#10 11 years ago

You are right, I did not see that the holes are not big enough for the feet.
Anyway, the pinbits protectors/mounts will protect against ball impacts whether they are above or below because they protrude beyond the actual plastics. That is the important part. For the LE you do not need both the LE protector and the mounting plastic for the slingshots. The mounting plastic doubles as a protector.

#11 11 years ago

Sold. Thanks to everyone who inquired.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-lotr-plastic-protector-set-pinbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.