Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gambit3113
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I have a Home Use Only LOTR LE (limited edition) with around 700 plays on it. There are only 500 LOTR LE and they all come with a certificate of authenticity. Comes with the super bright LED kit, flipper buttons wear protectors, cliffy's and much more. I also have a shake motor for it which I havent installed yet.

Im looking to get $8000 for it but will consider trades against other pins. I would love to get a Spiderman and/or an Iron Man, but I would consider other machines.

Here are the factory changes that differentiate the LE version from the original version:

• The backglass is real glass (not a translite) with a mirrored gold effect.
• Extra clearcoats on playfield.
• 'Armies of Middle Earth' plastic figures were not used. Therefore, no mounting holes exist in the playfield plastics for them.
• Playfield is signed by Gary Stern and George Gomez.
• "Gold" trim. The lockdown bar, legs, hinges, and side rails are plated and polished. Gold trim around the backbox.
• Game has the option to add a Shaker Motor.
• Leg bolts and hinge bolts are brass plated.
• The speaker panel has a "500 Game Limited Edition" plate and gold painted grills.
• Certificate of Authenticity signed by Gary Stern.

#2 11 years ago

I don't usually crap on peoples for sale threads, but this is way too high. NIB can still be found for $5,500. The extras are worth what, $350...

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Im looking to get $8000 for it

Shazaam!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

NIB can still be found for $5,500.

He won't get 8k but show me someone who is selling a NIB LOTR LE for less than $6500

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

show me someone who is selling a NIB LOTR LE for less than $6500

Me too please...I'm a buyer at the price

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't usually crap on peoples for sale threads, but this is way too high. NIB can still be found for $5,500. The extras are worth what, $350...

If I could find a NIB LOTR LE for $5,500 I would buy it on the spot. If anyone knows where please PM me.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

If you can find one NIB for $5500 then you better get it because you could easily flip it for at least a $1000 profit.

A HUO LOTR LE seems to be going in the $5000-7000 price range now that the NIB are just about all sold. A lot of the price difference depends on the added mods such as figures, toppers, shaker, etc.

#8 11 years ago

At last year's chicago show there were two people I was talking to who posted NIB for $5,500 and $5,000 on the spreadsheet.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't usually crap on peoples for sale threads, but this is way too high.

Have to agree completely on this one!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

At last year's chicago show there were two people I was talking to who posted NIB for $5,500 and $5,000 on the spreadsheet.

That was last year. Automated is about the only place that has NIB now and they are $8200 approximately.
I had to pay more than $5500 back in September for an LE.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That was last year. Automated is about the only place that has NIB now and they are $8200 approximately.

Then count me out of a NIB Lotr.

#12 11 years ago

I sold my HUO LOTR LE 5 or 6 months ago for $5100.00 and thought the guy was crazy for offering me so much for it. I bought it (well traded actually) for $4000.00 from Smassa here on Pinside.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I sold my HUO LOTR LE 5 or 6 months ago for $5100.00 and thought the guy was crazy for offering me so much for it. I bought it (well traded actually) for $4000.00 from Smassa here on Pinside.

At the time, you got a good price. Now that would be on the low end. Prices for LOTR are on the way up along with SM.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

DCFAN said:

Then count me out of a NIB Lotr.

Exactly. That is why the HUO are getting more expensive. People want to buy good titles and when the well of NIB dries up the HUO market increases rapidly in price.

#15 11 years ago

LEs were selling on eBay as recently as the first week of February for $5200. I know what Automated has them for now, but there hasn't been a single one sold at that price. I know of two that have sold down here in the last month, at $5000 or below. Granted, one of those was tarnished badly on the gold trim.

#16 11 years ago

If this is the tract of Lotr, SM, and other 5k pins to head to 7-8k then for now I will keep buying 1.5k-4k games like TS, WCS, DM, FT, NGG, and WW2O and have tons of fun playing and restoring

I also hope JJP hits it with WOZ and additional titles because if I am going to spend 7k in todays market, I hopefully can buy current technology for that amount of green.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That was last year. Automated is about the only place that has NIB now and they are $8200 approximately

That was half a year ago. Once Chicago comes around again, they will be there again, maybe reasonably higher.

Regardless, this isn't NIB, it's HUO - which I'msure 95% of the LE's are. It's too high, I don't care how you look at it. I would love for LOTR LE's to be 10K, mine is perfect with the goodies on top of it, but if you are posting to the forum for sale way above current reasonable value, expect comments such as mine.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

DCFAN said:

That was last year. Automated is about the only place that has NIB now and they are $8200 approximately
That was half a year ago. Once Chicago comes around again, they will be there again, maybe reasonably higher.

Chicago will not have any NIB LOTR LE's for less than $7000 this year, that is for sure.
The bottom line with new pins that are desirable is that once the NIB become scarce, the price quickly takes off for the NIB and used. Just look at the AC/DC BIBLE. It already is selling for a premium and they have not even been delivered in the USA. Tron Pro is selling for more than it did originally and that is not 100 done with production. The last few SM NIB were extremely expensive, and the used SM quickly have gone above $5000 if you can find one.

#19 11 years ago

Wow, that's pretty high in my opinion as well. Best of luck with the sale/trade though.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Wow, that's pretty high in my opinion as well. Best of luck with the sale/trade though.

Agreed on that.

#21 11 years ago

Well then show me any NIB.... anywhere....... for any price other than Automated at 8200......

Right now, not three months ago or last year or whenever.....

#22 11 years ago

Sold a NIB today for $7500

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well then show me any NIB

It's not a NIB ice, the asking price is at the very top of the market right now if not substantially over it for a HUO LE. If you can't see that then we will have to agree to disagree as usual.

Quoted from palmettopinball:

Case and point right there for you.

#24 11 years ago

There you go.....the price today....

#25 11 years ago

Good price compared to everything else I have seen recently. Still way more than original, but that is the price around what the market will bear.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It's not a NIB ice, the asking price is at the very top of the market right now if not substantially over it for a HUO LE. If you can't see that then we will have to agree to disagree as usual.

I think I'm in agreement with you TDA on this one! 8k is way too high for a HUO LE imho.....I said that earlier, I'm referring to what NIB's are going for now, not yesterday....

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There you go.....the price today.

This thread is cracking me up.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I know right..me too!

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Atomicboy said:

I know right..me too!

Me too, only for the reason that I get to play my machines and they are not really losing any value compared to the price I have paid

And, I certainly do not buy these things thinking I will get any money back on them. I buy them to enjoy them!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Atomicboy said:DCFAN said:

Chicago will not have any NIB LOTR LE's for less than $7000 this year, that is for sure.
The bottom line with new pins that are desirable is that once the NIB become scarce, the price quickly takes off for the NIB and used. Just look at the AC/DC BIBLE. It already is selling for a premium and they have not even been delivered in the USA. Tron Pro is selling for more than it did originally and that is not 100 done with production. The last few SM NIB were extremely expensive, and the used SM quickly have gone above $5000 if you can find one.

The AC/DC LEs will come down in price when people realize it's a crap game, after the initial pre- and post-delivery excitement wears off. (I'm sure people who shelled out way too much money for these pins will object.) Avatar LE, anybody? AC/DC is no SM or LOTR. Not even close.

#31 11 years ago

As for HUO, he's a guy a couple months ago in texas selling a LE HUO for $5k:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/deee1520308b02a3/208e7cfd81d0b73e?lnk=gst&q=nib+lotr#208e7cfd81d0b73e

"I have a HUO LE with less than 300 plays. I'm in Austin, Texas if
you are interested. $5K. Pretty much perfect other than some
scuffs on the lock-down bar. "

And here's an original of all things from December looking for $6k or best offer - doesn't state sold either:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/a22d8bc0086f9d79/da216e09e110fffb?lnk=gst&q=nib+lotr#da216e09e110fffb

Again, my comments stand. TOOOOOO HIGH.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

DCFAN said:

Atomicboy said:DCFAN said:
The AC/DC LEs will come down in price when people realize it's a crap game, after the initial pre- and post-delivery excitement wears off. (I'm sure people who shelled out way too much money for these pins will object.) Avatar LE, anybody?

Have you played the LE's? I have not seen any AC/DC pins so I have no opinion.

#33 11 years ago

Huh. Maybe my LE has appreciated? I have the Wible one ring shooter rod, a nice set of figurines installed--better than stock (removable museum putty mount), the backbox eye flasher mod, tasteful colored bulbs, shaker installed, glass Palantir, original (non-covered) sword ramp ball lock guide (still have covered one too), spare set of plastics, fine-tuned to play smooth as butter. Lockdown and siderails have a bit of tarnish but I have a new set of the gold rails, uninstalled. $6500? $7k?

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

As for HUO, he's a guy a couple months ago in texas selling a LE HUO for $5k:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/deee1520308b02a3/208e7cfd81d0b73e?lnk=gst&q=nib+lotr#208e7cfd81d0b73e
"I have a HUO LE with less than 300 plays. I'm in Austin, Texas if
you are interested. $5K. Pretty much perfect other than some
scuffs on the lock-down bar. "
And here's an original of all things from December looking for $6k or best offer - doesn't state sold either:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/a22d8bc0086f9d79/da216e09e110fffb?lnk=gst&q=nib+lotr#da216e09e110fffb

I think everybody here agrees that a used LOTR LE is not going to get anywhere near $8000 right now. The point was that the NIB are selling for close to $8000 if you can find one.
As I stated above, a HUO LOTR LE will go for anywhere from $5000 to $7000 depending on mods and condition.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Agreed, it is too high....but you said NIB's were selling now for $5500.....that was one year ago, it's obviously 7500 to 8k now....

Quoted from StevenP:

The AC/DC LEs will come down in price when people realize it's a crap game, after the initial pre- and post-delivery excitement wears off. (I'm sure people who shelled out way too much money for these pins will object.) Avatar LE, anybody? AC/DC is no SM or LOTR. Not even close.

It's hard to beat SM and LOTR LE...two of the best...AC/DC to follow in the footsteps of TFLE?....

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The point was that the NIB are selling for close to $8000 if you can find one

Refer to the second thread I posted.

#37 11 years ago

He can get whatever he wants for it. Don't try selling games on his thread either...............jeeessh. I won't sell my LOTR routed (but cleaned up nicely) for anything right now................so there.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Huh. Maybe my LE has appreciated? I have the Wible one ring shooter rod, a nice set of figurines installed--better than stock (removable museum putty mount), the backbox eye flasher mod, tasteful colored bulbs, shaker installed, glass Palantir, original (non-covered) sword ramp ball lock guide (still have covered one too), spare set of plastics, fine-tuned to play smooth as butter. Lockdown and siderails have a bit of tarnish but I have a new set of the gold rails, uninstalled. $6500? $7k?

StevenP, I think someone like Gambit might make you an offer somewhere near that, but I am not him and don't even know if he is still looking for one. I would guess that you could get around $6000 within a month.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

DCFAN said:

The point was that the NIB are selling for close to $8000 if you can find one
Refer to the second thread I posted.

And, that is why I agreed in part that his HUO price is too high, because NIB is selling for around what he is asking for a used machine.

#40 11 years ago

I am looking for a HUO Standard version to mod. Not interested in an LE for more than $5000.

#41 11 years ago

A LOTR LE sold over on RGP last week for $4500 almost instantly. I'd assume the going rate is somewhere between $4500 and $8000
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/822dc1c10663e64f/eb94d35b42abff39?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=fs+lotr+le#eb94d35b42abff39

#42 11 years ago

"I am looking for a HUO Standard version to mod. Not interested in an LE for more than $5000."

Same here.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

And, that is why I agreed in part that his HUO price is too high, because NIB is selling for around what he is asking for a used machine

I'm not following you. The second link I posted if a NIB original LOTR for $6K or best offer - nothing stating it sold.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I am looking for a HUO Standard version to mod. Not interested in an LE for more than $5000

Go for an LE. Add the figures for $230, and get the LE extras. The plastics are not drilled for plastic ties, and with the pinbits footies for the figures, everything has a nicer, cleaner look all in all.

#44 11 years ago

Why has this thread turned into a price debate over lotr le? Yes we get it that his asking price is high, so what. If I come on here and try to sell a machine I would not want all these post drowning out the original topic. I myself think it's high, but I still wish you well in trying to find a buyer.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Go for an LE. Add the figures for $230, and get the LE extras. The plastics are not drilled for plastic ties, and with the pinbits footies for the figures, everything has a nicer, cleaner look all in all.

I beg to differ on the figurines. There's no need to spend $200+ on the overpriced original ones. You can get most of the originals for far less, along with other cool ones you may like. And you can mount them anywhere, any way you please, with museum putty. MUCH better than the clear plastics with holes in them which, apart from looking goofy, restrict you to only using the exact set of pricey stock figurines.

For example, you can get some Army of the Dead figurines, and mount one at the bottom of the PotD--makes a nice deflector that looks cool and avoids the ugly bounce-outs, broken plastics, etc. Put your favorite Ringwraith at the top of the sword ramp. Add an orc on top of a pop bumper. Use your favorite Gandalf by the ring ramp. Add a squatting Smeagol on the plain clear plastic below the Shire vuk. Etc.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I beg to differ on the figurines. There's no need to spend $200+ on the overpriced original ones. You can get most of the originals for far less, along with other cool ones you may like. And you can mount them anywhere, any way you please, with museum putty. MUCH better than the clear plastics with holes in them which, apart from looking goofy, restrict you to only using the exact set of pricey stock figurines.
For example, you can get some Army of the Dead figurines, and mount one at the bottom of the PotD--makes a nice deflector that looks cool and avoids the ugly bounce-outs, broken plastics, etc. Put your favorite Ringwraith at the top of the sword ramp. Add an orc on top of a pop bumper. Use your favorite Gandalf by the ring ramp. Add a squatting Smeagol on the plain clear plastic below the Shire vuk. Etc

To each their own. Buying a $5k game, and spending another $300 doesn't seem crazy to me. The footies look great as well. My friend tried putty, glue, everything on some extras he wanted to add, and they all came off at some point. I have the POTD mouting plastic, and 4 figures. I have green leds for them I intend on wiring to the four POTD lights. There is a crap load you can do with this game.

Anyway ladies, I have baseball, adios.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

DCFAN said:

I'm not following you. The second link I posted if a NIB original LOTR for $6K or best offer - nothing stating it sold.

I don't think you are seeing the progression of the price. NIB LOTR LE was selling for around $5200-5500 from around Jan. 2011 to July 2011. Then from around August 2011 to around Jan. 2012 they were selling for around $5800-6300. Then around Feb 2012 they jumed to around $7000. Now they are around $7500 to 8000 and only a few are in existence.
I know because I bought one from that late 2011 time period.
What was the price in January is no longer the price now, and it is not even close.
You can thank Stern for the raising of NIB prices on the AC/DC pins in combination with the diminishing supply of NIB LOTR.

#48 11 years ago

I hate saying it...but i paid 6400 for my nib lotr in jan 2012......and guess what, I love it (and just got a ToM)

Good luck with the sale.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I hate saying it...but i paid 6400 for my nib lotr in jan 2012......and guess what, I love it (and just got a ToM)

Good luck with the sale.

Congrats, it's an awesome game isn't it! How do you like TOM

#50 11 years ago

Heh, I think $8000 is too much too. I always negotiate my prices anyway, so I figured - start high. Honestly, I wasnt looking for a cash deal, I was looking for a trade, or trade plus cash.

BTW. Ive never seen an LE sell for $5500 NIB, thats total BS. I paid $6500 for mine, then I added the utlra brite LED kit which cost me around $250, then the cliffy's and the button protectors. Its huo and only been played around 700 times. Oh yeah, and I bought a shake motor for it (brand new) which I havent installed yet.

thanks fellaz,

Jon

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 39.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-lotr-le-huo-with-upgrades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.