DSC02536_(2).jpg
DSC02535_(2).jpg
DSC02534_(2).jpg
DSC02533_(2).jpg
DSC02532_(2).jpg
DSC02530_(2).jpg
DSC02527_(2).jpg
DSC02528.JPG

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

Supply In demand

seriously ???????
Was I saying this wrong my entire life?

#52 10 years ago

More like dump the LOTR's now while you can still get good money for them before the flood of a-list pins for sale when Metallica, Star Trek and Hobbit come to market.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

More like dump the LOTR's now while you can still get good money for them before the flood of a-list pins for sale when Metallica, Star Trek and Hobbit come to market.

Ouch, harsh... taking a top 5 pin (IMHO) and downgrading it with unreleased machines.

Actually, now that I think about it, I hope you are right! I hope that Metallica, Star Trek, and the Hobbit blow everything else out of the water. Pinball would be alive and well.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

Ok have at it then. Just cause I am asking 8k doesn't mean I want 8 exactly Its called making a deal. Gotta start some where and 8k was it. Pinball prices in general are out of control. So don't be spammin my post. I honestly don't think it is that far fetched based on the limited number ran 400. And LOTR being one of Sterns best games in my opinion. To each their own it seems.

Well said! If it were me I would bump it up to $8500!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Well said! If it were me I would bump it up to $8500!

LOL Don't think I'll do that but are you making an offer of 8500 then SOLD SOLD No take backs

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Metallica and Star Trek will be out about 3 years before The Hobbit.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

seriously ???????
Was I saying this wrong my entire life?

No, you've probably been correct with the Economists' mantra of "Supply & Demand" but I thought this was a (probably unintentional) cool play on words, as in "I have a supply of a primo pin that's in demand". But, more traditionally, as supply decreases or demand goes up (holding the other constant), prices should rise, among other S&D effects... [apply this as you like to explain the crazy pin price explosion]

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Metallica and Star Trek will be out about 3 years before The Hobbit.

The way things are going those might be out 3 years before WoZ!

#59 10 years ago

LOTR LE still here for ya. Make me an offer.

Skooter

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

Supply In demand And thanks

I think you were looking to say Supply and Demand.

#61 10 years ago

Looks like a beautiful machine. I just played a few games on mine and re-convinced myself I'm never selling.

#62 10 years ago

I scored this machine and will hopefully be figuring out shipping this week.

I'm very stoked!

Darin

#63 10 years ago

Congrats Darin.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I'm very stoked!
Darin

Nice work. Darin on a roll.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from tpellowe:

Nice work. Darin on a roll.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting an AFM this week too but my wife ask me to seriously wait on buying any more pins until we get our game room actually built! I think I've got her a little freaked out.

#66 10 years ago

You'll love it, VP. The game is fantastic, plus Scooter does excellent work. Enjoy.

#67 10 years ago

Yeah, I was thinking about getting an AFM this week too but my wife ask me to seriously wait on buying any more pins until we get our game room actually built! I think I've got her a little freaked out.

LMAO! I'm in the same boat. I currently only have three pins in my collection but I have three on order (Predator and two being sourced and restored) and am looking for a Metallica LE . . . meanwhile, I haven't even broken ground on my game room so all the machines are hanging out at my office. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My wife thinks I'm nuts.

You are, but you're in good company!

2 weeks later
#69 10 years ago

UPDATE:

The pin arrived yesterday! I set it up last night and my family and I are amazed at how beautiful this pin is and how great it plays! I am very happy I spent the money on upgrading my LOTR.

So, now less than 2 months into this hobby my line up consists of the following:

Tron Pro (stock, no mods added, purchased NIB)
MM
LOTR (stock, purchased same week as my Tron...these were my first two pins)
LOTR LE modded up.
Star Trek LE deposit in
Hobbit LE deposit in

Now, if I could only sell my first LOTR or at least trade her for something else I'd be rockin'.

So, big shout out for skooter...very great to deal with and the pin was exactly what was expected.
I would buy with confidence again.

Darin

#70 10 years ago

Good show.

Quoted from VolunteerPin:The pin arrived yesterday! I set it up last night and my family and I are amazed at how beautiful this

#71 10 years ago

Nice! I bought his Matt McKee topper, and it is awesome. Thanks again skooter

#72 10 years ago

The McKee LOTR toppers are really nice. Im not really a big topper fan, but Im glad mine came with one.

#73 10 years ago

Really nice looking pin! Where do you get those ring speaker grill covers?

thanks

#74 10 years ago

I have no idea. Might need to pm skooter.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Really nice looking pin! Where do you get those ring speaker grill covers?
thanks

http://pinballtoppers.com/

#77 10 years ago

Do these guys sell ones for Sterns too? I know there are ones made for SM, LOTR, et cet. but I didnt see them on that site. Unless Im not looking right.

#78 10 years ago

Thanks Guys!!!!! For the love of pinball Glad everybody is happy Keep a flippin!!!

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Do these guys sell ones for Sterns too? I know there are ones made for SM, LOTR, et cet. but I didnt see them on that site. Unless Im not looking right.

http://pinballtoppers.com/STERN.html

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I think you were looking to say Supply and Demand.

Yeah. But the 'wrong' phrase kinda works too, oddly...

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-lotr-le-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.