Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kmoore88
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

SOLD for listed price. Thanks to those that inquired about it.

I bought this NIB in Oct 2010. It has been in our home the entire time with less than 500 games played. The game is in excellent condition with no issues. Mods include:

- Pinball Pro bass cabinet speaker
- LED bulbs for Inserts & flashers
- Palantir Sauron’s Eye projection mod by Jay’s Pinball
- Acrylic encased “The One Ring” shooter rod
- LOTR action figures installed (double-side tape used so they can be (re)moved as desired)
- Spare LOTR action figures included
- Includes a “regular” plastic translite in addition to the LE gold trimmed backglass
- Cliffy protectors
- “Flashing Eye” behind translite
- Under cabinet light (red)
- Extra spot light added for Ring Wraith figures
- Pinball Decals custom LOTR stand-up target decals
- “Gold” flipper buttons
- Pinball Pal button protectors
- Laminated custom instruction cards
- Manual, goodie bag, etc included
- NOTE: Balrog Topper (GI + flasher) is included ONLY if the Pin is picked up in person

$6,500 firm.
Sorry, not interested in any trades...unless it's a CC.

pics here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/5361

#2 11 years ago

Nice looking well cared for game. Good luck with the sale.

#3 11 years ago

What a beauty! Compared to what else you get these days, it's a steal.

#4 11 years ago

PM sent

#5 11 years ago

Great price in any market. The clearcoat is a real game changer on the LE so much faster.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the comments. Much better than the price police badgering that seems to come with pins for sale in this price range.

#7 11 years ago

I think you're price seems quite fair. If you were out on the West Coast (or I was closer to you) I'd definitely consider selling my HUO LOTR and picking up your LE. For the price difference it would be worth it for sure. Nice looking machine!

Good luck with the sale, shouldn't take long!

#8 11 years ago

That went quick

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I think you're price seems quite fair. If you were out on the West Coast (or I was closer to you) I'd definitely consider selling my HUO LOTR and picking up your LE. For the price difference it would be worth it for sure. Nice looking machine!

Yep, I agree. I miss my LOTR LE. I'm enjoying my current HUO regular edition a ton...but it ain't no LE!

#10 11 years ago

Too quick I guess. Deal fell through.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Buy his and sell yours whenever....

#12 11 years ago

So tempted to upgrade must ignore this thread. Its a deal at this price shocked this is still for sale.

#13 11 years ago

On Pinside, someone has to ask a fairly ludicrous price for their pin for the "price police" to come out.

Quoted from kmoore88:

Much better than the price police badgering that seems to come with pins for sale in this price range.

#14 11 years ago

PM sent

#15 11 years ago

I'd buy a resonably price HUO original, if someone wants this one. I don't like the brass and backglass on the LE.

Scott

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

So tempted to upgrade must ignore this thread. Its a deal at this price shocked this is still for sale.

Well, i have to price it to factor in shipping for most buyers given I don't live near a large city; though Chicago is a fairly reasonable drive at 3+ hours.

#17 11 years ago

I am not dogging this sale by any means. I love LOTR in both the regular and LE incarnations. I just find it funny how sentiments change so quickly. When the LE was released two years ago, it was panned for being inferior to the original, with a lack of figures and a much maligned back glass with the gold outline of everything. Obviously this one has the figures and much more. It looks beautiful. Best of luck.

#18 11 years ago

clearcoat is clearcoat. Plays the same regardless. I love LOTR, but I would take the normal version over the LE any day.

#19 11 years ago

There are a few people selling their LOTR....are you guys getting The Hobbit instead?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

clearcoat is clearcoat. Plays the same regardless. I love LOTR, but I would take the normal version over the LE any day.

100% wrong. I had both in my collection side by side for a while and the LE is much faster, not to mention much better to look at.

#21 11 years ago

wrong. Then one was dirtier than the other. or the pitch was different (measured on the playfield, not the glass) whether or not you have 2 layers of clear on or 5, the ball will roll the same. There is NO way it could make a damn bit of difference as far as ball resistance goes. Clear is the same.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There are a few people selling their LOTR....are you guys getting The Hobbit instead?

If they are, they're planning way in advance!

I think it's just the game of the week .

#23 11 years ago

Awesome..... looking up shipping cost to WA state as we speak.....that would be perfect next to Hobbit, on that note shopped routed LOTR in WA state for sale.....that is a great example of a great game!!!!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wrong. Then one was dirtier than the other. or the pitch was different (measured on the playfield, not the glass) whether or not you have 2 layers of clear on or 5, the ball will roll the same. There is NO way it could make a damn bit of difference as far as ball resistance goes. Clear is the same.

I'm no expert or scientist, but I don't know if this is right. Surfaces can differ. Hell, the simple act of waxing a PF makes the ball faster. I also read posts from people saying that one negative aspect to having a PF restored and a thicker clear put on it is that it plays noticeably faster.

#25 11 years ago

yea, what do I know. I only clearcoat and restore playfields for a living. I own normal games and I own extra clearcoat games. Once they are broken in (100 games +) there isn't an ounce of difference in speed/friction. None.

#26 11 years ago

You might know you, but not everyone knows you. Not believing everything you read on the internet is a good thing, even when you write it. Because not everyone knows you.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, what do I know. I only clearcoat and restore playfields for a living.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, what do I know. I only clearcoat and restore playfields for a living. I own normal games and I own extra clearcoat games. Once they are broken in (100 games +) there isn't an ounce of difference in speed/friction. None.

So there is a difference in those first 100 games? Why is that?

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So there is a difference in those first 100 games? Why is that?

because the clearcoat is slick. It's like when you first wax a playfield. Takes a bunch of games for the ball to get micro scratches in it, so it doesn't have so much spin from everything. WHen a playfield is freshly waxed or cleared. The ball will do all kinds of weird shit, it normally doesn't do, because of the spin the ball is able to get. Takes about 100 games and then it will start to play normal. My LOTR was unplayable until around the first 100-150 games.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

because the clearcoat is slick. It's like when you first wax a playfield. Takes a bunch of games for the ball to get micro scratches in it, so it doesn't have so much spin from everything. WHen a playfield is freshly waxed or cleared. The ball will do all kinds of weird shit, it normally doesn't do, because of the spin the ball is able to get. Takes about 100 games and then it will start to play normal. My LOTR was unplayable until around the first 100-150 games.

So can't a thicker coat of clear have a different slickness to it than a thinner one?

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So can't a thicker coat of clear have a different slickness to it than a thinner one?

not unless the playfield is soooo wavy, that it effects the actual clearcoat itself. Smooth glass like clearcoat is still glass clearcoat, regardless if it's 2 or 7 layers. Same resistance. Same everything. As someone posted before with plastic. The only way it would effect anything, is if the thickness was so great, that it actually would make a sturdier surface, due to a block of plastic vs a 2 mil sheet that would sag. WIth clearcoat, it's such a micro amount, the effects are none. All comes down to how many games were played on it and pitch of the machine. Once you cross the 100 (approx) mark it will play the same.

#32 11 years ago

I know you sound like an ass.

#34 11 years ago

Both were huo, same pitch, same bling balls and the LE smashed it.

Maybe it was all the parts being newer as well as better quality coat. But you cannot say because they are both clearcoated then they are same. Well you can, but you'd be wrong thats like saying all car restos done with a certain paint are the same. Who knows if stern changed their application process, their playfield printing process etc. Too many variables for you to dismiss because u have coated a few pfs in your time - which would all have been done in your controlled environment.

#35 11 years ago

As far as I know the same brand of Clearcoat that was on the LOTR runs and LE run are all the same. The substance is the same. I could see if they changed clearcoats and one was softer than the other, it would create more drag on it. But I still disagree that any of the LOTR lines play any different. You sure they didn't soup up the coils with Terry's coils. I did notice a difference between 2 different games with those. Terry's coils are too strong for my taste. Was afraid stuff was going to start breaking. Mine plays just fine with factory.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I love LOTR, but I would take the normal version over the LE any day.

If anyone reading feels the same, I have a normal version up for trade for the LE. I think its all a matter of opinion. I do not believe one plays better then the other. I would trade my figures for the gold and shaker though.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

If anyone reading feels the same, I have a normal version up for trade for the LE. I think its all a matter of opinion. I do not believe one plays better then the other. I would trade my figures for the gold and shaker though.

yea, they won't play any different. But there isn't a whole lot on LOTR to begin with. I like my figures. Wouldn't trade them for a shaker. Besides, you can put the shaker in your normal version if you like. The figures are a must, and the backglass worries me. Not only do I not like the forced mirroring. But if that glass breaks for any reason, you are screwed 6 ways from sunday.

#38 11 years ago

My offer stands.

#39 11 years ago

It's the best pin out there...period! And yes, the LE with the extra clear coat etc...is far and away the best choice.....period! Those ridiculous tie down figures on the regular is a joke...

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's the best pin out there...period! And yes, the LE with the extra clear coat etc...is far and away the best choice.....period! Those ridiculous tie down figures on the regular is a joke...

Wow.....slow down there tex. I would still prefer to have the figures on my game LE or not. I just do not believe they make the game better then the LE.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Wow.....slow down there tex. I would still prefer to have the figures on my game LE or not. I just do not believe they make the game better then the LE.

Ok, slowing down a little bit there, I did add the POTD lighted figure mod by Hemi and just personally don't like adding the other figs......its the best pin out there, LE or not, figs or not

#42 11 years ago

Congrats on sale......I've got the exact pin with a few different mods

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok, slowing down a little bit there, I did add the POTD lighted figure mod by Hemi and just personally don't like adding the other figs......its the best pin out there, LE or not, figs or not

Ice, I think you are the only one I have heard say they do not like the figures on LOTR. I personally think the game looks bald without them. I put the figures in my LE with the pinbits mounting kit and a few with double sided tape. I did not need any zip ties which I think looks great!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Ice, I think you are the only one I have heard say they do not like the figures on LOTR. I personally think the game looks bald without them. I put the figures in my LE with the pinbits mounting kit and a few with double sided tape. I did not need any zip ties which I think looks great!

He is most definitely not the only person to say that he doesn't like the figures on LOTR, I've seen many people say this over the years. Personally I am very "meh" on the figures. I have them on my current regular version of LOTR, but when I owned the LE I certainly didn't miss having those figures (i.e., "dolls") on the PF. Never felt the need to add them either, and that would have been easy to do at the time as they were widely available.

Anyway, like I said before, I'd definitely take the LE over the regular version without hesitation. I love the real back glass. Not sure why some people are so petrified of having it break. It's not that difficult to be careful with it.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I have some of the figs and tried the double sided tape and I guess I just played too many games before without them to like it....I'm sure yours looks great though.....and I'd probably get used to it but I didn't like the SM building and Subway mods at first either and now wouldn't have it without it....

Quoted from RobT:

I love the real back glass.

Hmmm...guess I better worry more, getting ready to replace speakers

#46 11 years ago

Thanks for the great game, Keith, and for letting Jen and I hang out with you, Jane and the dogs for a bit. It's all set up and working at home safely .

Oh, and for what it's worth, this is the fastest game I own!

Jon

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He is most definitely not the only person to say that he doesn't like the figures on LOTR, I've seen many people say this over the years. Personally I am very "meh" on the figures. I have them on my current regular version of LOTR, but when I owned the LE I certainly didn't miss having those figures (i.e., "dolls") on the PF. Never felt the need to add them either, and that would have been easy to do at the time as they were widely available.
Anyway, like I said before, I'd definitely take the LE over the regular version without hesitation. I love the real back glass. Not sure why some people are so petrified of having it break. It's not that difficult to be careful with it.

I bought a set and promptly took them back off my LE. Looked cheap imo. I gold plated my sword lock and a few other mods which stood out more than a few small toys.

#48 11 years ago

I like the mini statue figures. The "Play Along" name is on them but they were sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios, a company well known for amazing detail among statue collectors from DC Universe, Marvel, and Star Wars. I do not view these as "dolls" on the playfield in any way and their appearance absolutely adds to the pinballs theme. That being said I've never seen an LE in person and don't know if I'd bother adding them since the LE has it's own character.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

Thanks for the great game, Keith, and for letting Jen and I hang out with you, Jane and the dogs for a bit. It's all set up and working at home safely .
Oh, and for what it's worth, this is the fastest game I own!
Jon

Good to hear it got to it's new home without incident! Enjoy and nice to meet you both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 39.50
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-lotr-le-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.