IMG_1152.JPG
IMG_1149.JPG
IMG_1148.JPG
IMG_1144.JPG
IMG_1141.JPG
IMG_1140.JPG
IMG_1142.JPG
IMG_1139.JPG
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Selling my Lord of the Rings pin. Its in great shape and im the second owner. Has LED's. This game plays fast and great. I hate to part with the pin and if you know me...you know that this is my all time favorite pin. Due to where I live and Hurricane Sandy, I was out of work for 4 months helping my insureds get whole again. Im an insurance agent and it was my duty. This took a toll on my income and I have been fighting back ever since. Pin plays fast and is in very good shape. Could use a new sheet of glass due to ball scratches.

2012-11-01_18.36.06.jpg2012-11-01_18.36.06.jpg 2012-11-01_18.39.22.jpg2012-11-01_18.39.22.jpg 2012-11-01_18.35.08.jpg2012-11-01_18.35.08.jpg 2012-11-01_18.33.13.jpg2012-11-01_18.33.13.jpg

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use all caps in thread headers.

#2 10 years ago

IMG_1130.JPGIMG_1130.JPGIMG_1131.JPGIMG_1131.JPGIMG_1130.JPGIMG_1130.JPGMore pic's

2012-11-01_18.33.37.jpg2012-11-01_18.33.37.jpg 2012-11-01_18.32.21.jpg2012-11-01_18.32.21.jpg

IMG_1132.JPGIMG_1132.JPG IMG_1133.JPGIMG_1133.JPG IMG_1136.JPGIMG_1136.JPG IMG_1139.JPGIMG_1139.JPG IMG_1142.JPGIMG_1142.JPG IMG_1140.JPGIMG_1140.JPG IMG_1141.JPGIMG_1141.JPG IMG_1144.JPGIMG_1144.JPG
#3 10 years ago

More Pics

IMG_1148.JPGIMG_1148.JPG
IMG_1149.JPGIMG_1149.JPG
IMG_1152.JPGIMG_1152.JPG
IMG_1156.JPGIMG_1156.JPG
IMG_1146.JPGIMG_1146.JPG
IMG_1147.jpgIMG_1147.jpg

#4 10 years ago

How much are you asking for it?

#5 10 years ago

Yeah, you'll have a lot more luck if you post a price.

#6 10 years ago

To tell you the truth im still reserching that. Im looking for a fair deal for both parties.

#7 10 years ago

Fell free to make an offer.

#8 10 years ago

Research is overrated. You should sell it to me for $1,000.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

This is as close as you can get to a HUO machine without it being HUO IMO.

You may want to eliminate blanket statements like that. That is almost like using the word "mint". HUO typically means the condition is close to mint if not mint.

I just brought one home in similar condition last night for $2800... is that typical market, probably not, but I would say 3500-3900 probably moves it sooner than later.

GLWS. they don't all have to be trailer queens to be appreciated

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You may want to eliminate blanket statements like that. That is almost like using the word "mint". HUO typically means the condition is close to mint if not mint.
I just brought one home in similar condition last night for $2800... is that typical market, probably not, but I would say 3500-3900 probably moves it sooner than later.

i would say a nice routed LOTR is more in the low 4's. Sry for your luck, i know first hand how bad Sandy was I was on the cleanup end.. GLWS and your business

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Nice score.
Let me know when it is time for it to leave. I have NOS pf that I am looking for a core game to swap it in.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I just brought one home in similar condition last night for $2800... is that typical market, probably not, but I would say 3500-3900 probably moves it sooner than later

Where the heck do you guys find deals like that? I do agree with you suggested price range assuming average condition and no upgrades.

#13 10 years ago

I see people trying to inflate LOTR over $5k these days. They sit. Even here in CA where we pay higher prices.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice score.
Let me know when it is time for it to leave. I have NOS pf that I am looking for a core game to swap it in.

Really? I don't think I have ever seen one with a messed up playfield. As much heat as Stern takes for their quality, I have had 5 Sterns that had really nasty playfields, but all of them cleaned up really nicely.

Now if you were holding onto a NOS cabinet for this game, that- I would understand.

Bump for the seller...

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I see people trying to inflate LOTR over $5k these days. They sit. Even here in CA where we pay higher prices.

5k is a bargain compared to the machines Stern is pushing out today. Think of what this game has as opposed to Sterns from today:
1. Finished, polished and extremely deep code
2. Hand drawn art that can't also be found on birthday plates
3. Custom calls from actors from the trilogy
4. Some of the best mini-wizard modes in pinball
5. Excellent custom music

#16 10 years ago

Nice score.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#17 10 years ago

$2,800? really? seems pretty low.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

"is that typical market, probably not, but I would say 3500-3900 probably moves it sooner than later."

#19 10 years ago

you gotta share once in a while Dave.

Tim> I have seen a few LOTR with blasted out PFs (most recently the one that left Up North in town was toast)

Sorry for the thread side track OP.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Really? I actually know of a LOTR-LE that sold a few days ago for the mid 6k range (and quickly too). LOTR has definitely experienced a bit of "pin-flation" over the last 6 months

Regardless, I hold the market for an average condition LOTR in the mid 4k's

and IMO whether this is HUO or not, the flipper button wear seems a bit excessive for a game that's only ever been in a home...

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

5k is a bargain compared to the machines Stern is pushing out today. Think of what this game has as opposed to Sterns from today:

Don't forget these notable features as well.
6. Metal Ramps
7. Gold metal habitrails
8. Interactive ring w/magnet
9. Swing out Balrog bash toy
10. Upper playfield
11. 2 towers toys
12. Unique sword lock

Yes this game is loaded by todays standards. Well...AC/DC is loaded as also.
If this game was released for the 1st time ever in todays market, people would be falling over each other to pay 7k for one.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

It's also a used pin that lacks some of the niceties of other Sterns. Sorry, over $5k is too much. I'd buy one for low $4k, just like TSPP, another deep (the deepest?) Stern with tons of custom sound etc, but also way better art quality.

True.

LOL, no, photoshopped art that looks like $#!7 sorry. The translite is eh, the playfield is pretty garbage, and the print quality is crap. Just the truth, it looks bad.

With some of the worst quality sound you will even hear on a pinball. It's like they ran all the sound through Gorgar first. I imagine they just had to compress the all the audio to hell and back to fit it in the paltry amout of memory, but it's pretty bad.

Again, cool rules. It's a long grind pin, but that's not a knock, it's a style.

See sound issue from above.

I know people love this game. And it's deep and cool. But it's not a great package, and $4k range is more than reasonable.

Edit: not trying to crap on this game, or the seller's thread. Simply saying if you list it for $5k+ don't be surprised if it sits for a while. Will some sell that high? Sure, right condition, right seller, right buyer (can't really compare the LE) but that's just facts. I'm not kidding about them sitting at that price in CA, been watching one trying to move for weeks at $5200. If he dropped it to $4.5k instead I might call him myself.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you gotta share once in a while Dave.

No, I don't. I don't think it's my turn for awhile, though.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

"is that typical market, probably not, but I would say 3500-3900 probably moves it sooner than later."

let me rephrase that then. $2,800 seems to be pretty low no matter what the "market" is and hard to believe there isnt a backstory in getting one for that price.(estate sale perhaps). put a LOTR on craigslist for $2,800 and you would have to change your phone number. even in the top100 on pin side the high end range (which always seem too low) is in the mid 4's.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

let me rephrase that then. $2,800 seems to be pretty low no matter what the "market" is and hard to believe there isnt a backstory in getting one for that price.(estate sale perhaps). put a LOTR on craigslist for $2,800 and you would have to change your phone number. even in the top100 on pin side the high end range (which always seem too low) is in the mid 4's.

Look up any CEC threads recently and you will see where I get a majority of my Stern pins. This one was actually a purchase via friend that was offered the machine to him for $1500 (he didn't pay that- he paid more, we don't roll like that). He made a few bucks, and didn't have to do anything to it except spend his time, gas, and expenses to get it (which is enough). This is going to be a surprise gift for my son's 6th birthday in a couple of weeks (it is sitting underneath blankets in my basement right now). I really don't even care for the game that much, because the theme doesn't do much for me, but he and I have been playing the Lego LOTR game on Xbox for the last 6 months....

I will have an opportunity to get a couple of more LOTRs, Nascar, TSPP, and POTC (most likely all of them for under 3k) at the beginning of next year.

These deals ARE out there, you have to pay to get them though. I pay money for leads all the time, and I often land at least one machine a month FAR under whatever the current market says they are worth....

For the record, I havent looked at CL or Ebay for a machine in over 3 years. I don't believe any of the free services are anywhere worth my time, the machines are usually crap, and the sellers are even worse.

To the OP, sorry for the hijack, at least this hasn't turned into a bash fest on your price (yet, LOL)... Another bump for your sale....

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Look up any CEC threads recently and you will see where I get a majority of my Stern pins. This one was actually a purchase via friend that was offered the machine to him for $1500 (he didn't pay that- he paid more, we don't roll like that). He made a few bucks, and didn't have to do anything to it except spend his time, gas, and expenses to get it (which is enough). This is going to be a surprise gift for my son's 6th birthday in a couple of weeks (it is sitting underneath blankets in my basements right now). I really don't even care for the game that much, because the theme doesn't do much for me, but he and I have been playing the Lego LOTR game on Xbox for the last 6 months....
I will have an opportunity to get a couple of more LOTRs, Nascar, TSPP, and POTC (most likely all of them for under 3k) at the beginning of next year.
These deals ARE out there, you have to pay to get them though. I pay money for leads all the time, and I often land at least one machine a month FAR under whatever the current market says they are worth....
For the record, I havent looked at CL or Ebay for a machine in over 3 years. I don't believe any of the free services are anywhere worth my time, the machines are usually crap, and the sellers are even worse.
To the OP, sorry for the hijack, at least this hasn't turned into a bash fest on your price (yet, LOL)... Another bump for your sale....

thanks for following up with the backstory. wish i could land an ac/dc premium for under 5!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

thanks for following up with the backstory. wish i could land an ac/dc premium for under 5!

Me too, I freaking love that game.... The reality is that LOTR was $3600 NIB and there are plenty of them around that people paid that for. So naturally, you can/will find them used for under that amount. Finding a newer Stern in their newer price point for under market is going to be tougher because the market has a higher starting baseline.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Really?

I beg to differ. I've sold two LOTR's in the last 6 months, one over the $5k mark and the other just below it and they both sold in less than 24 hours. In fact, one sold in less than an hour.

Edit: I am talking about HUO versions in really good shape.

#29 10 years ago

I've sold two LOTR's in the last 6 months

image.jpgimage.jpg

#30 10 years ago

It's a long story.

Ask Eskaybee.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really?
I beg to differ. I've sold two LOTR's in the last 6 months, both over the $5k mark and they both sold in less than 24 hours. In fact, one sold in less than an hour.

?????

HUO-with mods

Quoted from RobT:

Mods include Speaker LED mod with Ring inserts, Matt McKee Topper, the PBL upgraded flipper coils, Flipper Fidelity subwoofer upgrade, the Palantir globe mod, and the POTD mod from Hemi

HUO-Stock

Quoted from RobT:

Asking $4900.00

A stock HUO LOTR is roughly 4500-5200, with 4500 being where it typically moves locally. A routed example up here will move in the range I quoted initially. Of course the variances in price will depend on location and quality of the machine.

There is no concrete price on these, but anyone paying 4k plus for a routed one with cabinet/playfield wear better be okay with losing a few bucks when it comes time to sell. (In my area)...

#32 10 years ago

Yep, I edited my post Mr. Wiggum!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Look up any CEC threads recently and you will see where I get a majority of my Stern pins. This one was actually a purchase via friend that was offered the machine to him for $1500 (he didn't pay that- he paid more, we don't roll like that). He made a few bucks, and didn't have to do anything to it except spend his time, gas, and expenses to get it (which is enough). This is going to be a surprise gift for my son's 6th birthday in a couple of weeks (it is sitting underneath blankets in my basement right now). I really don't even care for the game that much, because the theme doesn't do much for me, but he and I have been playing the Lego LOTR game on Xbox for the last 6 months....

Kudos to you, and your way-below-market insider deals. I don't see how boasting about them is helpful to the OP's FS thread, or relevant. This looks to me like a nice $4-something LOTR. Slap some lollipop side rails on there and you're good to go!

@ Seller
If you're still seeking pricing info, I recommend asking $4500-$4600 with a bottom line of $4300-$4400. That should easily do the trick. This is assuming little-to-no playfield wear.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really?
I beg to differ. I've sold two LOTR's in the last 6 months, one over the $5k mark and the other just below it and they both sold in less than 24 hours. In fact, one sold in less than an hour.
Edit: I am talking about HUO versions in really good shape.

I was specifically thinking of you when I wrote "right seller". And your over $5k was nicely modded, in really good shape, AND HAD A VIDEO. Videos add like what? $300 to the price?

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If you're still seeking pricing info, I recommend asking $4500-$4600 with a bottom line of $4300-$4400. That should easily do the trick.

If you ask $4600 make sure you make a video. (Joking aside that sounds like legit advice.)

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Kudos to you, and your way-below-market insider deals. I don't see how boasting about them is helpful to the OP's FS thread, or relevant. This looks to me like a nice $4-something LOTR. Slap some lollipop side rails on there and you're good to go!

@ Seller
If you're still seeking pricing info, I recommend asking $4500-$4600 with a bottom line of $4300-$4400. That should easily do the trick.

Sorry, not boasting, just provide real-world pricing as reference, and is completely relevant. For every person like myself that has zero issue sharing actual (not asking) pricing with others, I know of at least two-three other people with the exact same experiences that arent sharing them with others.

A bottom line of $4300 of that machine (in my area) would most likely sit for quite awhile. There were two of these machines in my area that I know of @ 3400-3500 (worse condition) that were sitting for over 3 months....

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was specifically thinking of you when I wrote "right seller". And your over $5k was nicely modded, in really good shape, AND HAD A VIDEO. Videos add like what? $300 to the price?

Yep, I know you are half joking, but let me tell you that posting HD video helps a lot! That's why I do it, and will do it on any pin that I sell in the future. I know that if I were a buyer a 1080p video showing virtually every inch of the pin would be very valuable to me as I would feel much more confident in what I was buying (assuming that I couldn't see it in person). I think it makes sense that anyone would pay a little more when they have that extra confidence that they are getting a really nice pin without any hidden flaws that don't show up in the crappy pictures that most people take.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I don't think I have ever seen one with a messed up playfield

Me either come to think of it. Why is that I wonder?

#38 10 years ago

One thing Id like to add, LOTR is not a grind to play, if you wax it up super shiny/fresh shiny balls and pitch it a little more aggressively, add the upgraded coils, a LOTR can play pretty fast and mean!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

One thing Id like to add, LOTR is not a grind to play, if you wax it up super shiny/fresh shiny balls and pitch it a little more aggressively, add the upgraded coils, a LOTR can play pretty fast and mean!

My LOTR is possibly the fastest game I've ever played.

It's set up exactly as you describe. A minty HUO waxed PBL coil powered white rubber Oohhhhh shiny ball mad house of a game with the hind end cranked up high.

Sometimes the ball will fly right off the F'n wire forms or blasts the cabinet off a ramp.

Shit one day I'm gonna bust the ring in half starting a mode lol

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My LOTR is possibly the fastest game I've ever played.

I do get a kick every time I hit the Palantir target and the ball then ricochets right over my flipper bats because those upgrade coils have so much pop to them. <---thats my face every time it happens.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I do get a kick every time I hit the Palantir target and the ball then ricochets right over my flipper bats because those upgrade coils have so much pop to them. <---thats my face every time it happens.

You ain't jokin. Left a little dookie in my pants the first time it happened.... and the second... and the third...

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Sorry, not boasting, just provide real-world pricing as reference, and is completely relevant.

The current market is dictated by the buyers, not the sellers. If you get machines for FAR under these prices then great, but I don't see how that is the norm or real world pricing when many don't have these opportunities to pay a person for leads on great deals.

#43 10 years ago

It's so NICE that some of you are trying your hardest to "smooth out" the pin price market,

BUT the reality is, I have not seen any LOTR for sale in the past 2 years that are under 4k.
Deals can be had but they are few and far between.

The fact is, it's the deepest pin out there, with a great theme, and it's one of the most desirable pins on the market. Better get one sooner rather than later, they are becoming more scarce.

#44 10 years ago

I think low/mid 4s gets it done.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

BUT the reality is, I have not seen any LOTR for sale in the past 2 years that are under 4k.

Who's saying to price it under 4k?

Better get one sooner rather than later, they are becoming more scarce.

No they aren't.

#46 10 years ago

An HUO LOTR in the Northeast/NY Metro area will sell fast in the $5,200 range. That seems to be the going rate.

This one which sounds to be lightly routed, and with the flipper button wear I'd say is good for $4,200-4,400.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

An HUO LOTR in the Northeast/NY Metro area will sell fast in the $5,200 range. That seems to be the going rate.
This one which sounds to be lightly routed, and with the flipper button wear I'd say is good for $4,200-4,400.

Don't forget the "Ugh, I have to drive to Long Island" discount...

Where on LI matters a lot too =-P

#48 10 years ago

Probably should look a little harder...
There was one in the Market place here...last week at $3800 in Pittsburgh. It sat there for a couple of weeks. I almost went down there and grabbed it. Who knows what it actually sold for.

There's one in AZ right now at $4200 also.

So the last one I know of selling was at least $3800 or probably less considering the time it was for sale

Quoted from RawleyD:

It's so NICE that some of you are trying your hardest to "smooth out" the pin price market,

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

Sounds like a deal I wish I found

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from mspaeth:

Don't forget the "Ugh, I have to drive to Long Island" discount...
Where on LI matters a lot too =-P

Funny, I purchased my Funhouse out in Westhampton back in 2008. I drove early AM on a weekend to get it ... It was actually a nice drive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 39.50
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-lotr-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.