smileys-beer-817053.gif
monkey.jpg
wife_cigar.jpg
cigar.gif
image.jpg
abandon_(1).gif
Darth-Vader-darth-vader-star.png
pop_corn_3d.gif
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Whoa whoa whoa.....when did that thread happen? I'd love to read the comments that followed on him

Yeah- he got throttled pretty hard. Wildly immature for a bunch of men in their 20s-50s to treat a teenage boy in that way, in my opinion.

Pinsider tankpinball started the thread. I just searched his posts and it looks the the thread was not only locked, but altogether removed as it is no longer in his 'threads started'.

#152 10 years ago

Yeah, lots of people were getting downright in a tizzy about that thread and one of the mods made it go away. I honestly thought he was a teenage boy on here as well and didn't see a problem with it, until it went downhill fast. He'd had other threads about drawings he'd done in art class, saving up money for a pin because he still was in high school and lived with his mom, etc.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Wildly immature for a bunch of men in their 20s-50s

Couldn't have said it better myself but happens daily on pinside.

#154 10 years ago

ASSHOLE.jpgASSHOLE.jpg

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I've seen some of Sarah's retail pricing and what I saw was actually very good. She had a decent Williams IJ for around $5k a few months ago. I find it hard to believe the same person would appraise a LOTR $3k~ over market value.

The Williams IJ is still there at the arcade. It looks quite nice. I may give it a test ride tonight.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

What pinside needs is a Super Friends team to fight crime and protect our way of life. The team would consist of:
- the OP
- the Star Wars kid
- House of Pin (both identities)
- the 'Are there any teen girls on pinside' guy
I know I would sleep better knowing they had joined forces.

But muddy, you forgot the pinsider that is currently on his 3rd Identity. Not sure he can be excluded from the list.

#157 10 years ago

LMAO this thread is still going! Has OP returned yet?

#158 10 years ago

But muddy, you forgot the pinsider that is currently on his 3rd Identity. Not sure he can be excluded from the list.

I'll be honest -- I have lost count of the secret identities on pinside. I'll leave the detective work to you and Dito.

Back on topic:

boobs.jpgboobs.jpg

#159 10 years ago

Folks,

I know Apollo personally.. Great guy, done LOTS of good stuff for folks during the r.g.p days, even ran a small arcade business.. One of the better board guys around.

Fast forward a bunch a years, wife and lawyer got you selling what you don't want to sell and THEY set the price!!!

You post it on Pinside for what THEY say to have to get for it... And this thread happens....

And you wonder why the OP doesn't respond? Really?

I know it's Shark Week on Discovery channel, but really? Is this community gotten that blood thirsty?

Ok so we all know its a high price, but no one is making you pay it (unless you had his wife's lawyer then you would).

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

This makes no sense - has anyone called the phone number? Im sure its ringing off the hook.

Yeah just what I would want if the judge and my ex-wife's lawyer set prices on my toys and were forcing me to sell them,,,,, a bunch of folks calling up just to bust my chops on the price with no intent of purchasing. Classy.

#161 10 years ago

so then are you suggesting that he should thank us for the harsh reaction from the pinball community?!? his soon to be ex's mouthpiece will have no choice BUT to lower the value of the HUO LOTR by thousands of dollars. we just established $5200 as a fair price for said game and not the ridiculous $8200 that the attorneys lackey suggested.

#162 10 years ago

It seems most likely that this thread was posted as quick way to gather a great deal of expert testimony to discredit the original appraisal and show that there was no interest in a sale at that price.

#163 10 years ago

Wishful thinking, ain't happening.

Appraiser says X, wife says X, Lawyer says X, JUDGE says you must give us X to your EX when you sell the machine.

If he sell its for $8k, or sells it for $4k, either way the judge and EX gets $8k.... So let the guy ask $8k and continue to play his game until it someday sells.

Legal System = unfair. No matter how much you tell them it isn't they don't care... And yes, I think that this thread proved no interest in this price a lonnnnnng time ago.

It also proves you really should not tear apart a guy if you do not know the backstory.

#164 10 years ago

her side can say whatever they want for the price. he has no obligation to buy. if the price is too high they can sell the game and split the proceeds. also if the choose mediation too many overinflated prices could cause the mediator to punish her side for abusing the estimation of assets. after all binding mediation is, in fact binding.

#165 10 years ago

Mike's not new, he's just new to Pinside. He's been a flipper (mostly vids) since at least the late 90's. I think his old site is gone but there's still info out there about it:

http://cqcounter.com/site/appolo.com.html

In otherwords, he knows it's not worth that but he's hoping there's a sucker in the crowd.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveW:

Mike's not new, he's just new to Pinside. He's been a flipper (mostly vids) since at least the late 90's. I think his old site is gone but there's still info out there about it:http://cqcounter.com/site/appolo.com.htmlIn otherwords, he knows it's not worth that but he's hoping there's a sucker in the crowd.

Then he should be more respectful......NO SUCKERS HERE!!!!!!!!!

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveW:

In otherwords, he knows it's not worth that but he's hoping there's a sucker in the crowd.

You're half right. No need for the sucker part, he's just doing his part in trying to sell it.

#168 10 years ago

Doing his "part".....

I am sorry he has to go through this divorce. I hope he hangs in there. If I was rich I would give him more and not tell the ex!!

#169 10 years ago

A troll signs up and gives a bullshite story with no retort just to sit back and watch the comments fly.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

It seems most likely that this thread was posted as quick way to gather a great deal of expert testimony to discredit the original appraisal and show that there was no interest in a sale at that price.

Read all the posts....

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

A troll signs up and gives a bullshite story with no retort just to sit back and watch the comments fly.

You sir, are wrong.

#172 10 years ago

The use of expert and appraiser are not interchangeable in this scenario.. that is the op's first mistake imo.

#173 10 years ago

Divorce sucks. Now the pins are threatened. So ugly indeed.

#174 10 years ago

I say "Let the man play pinball!!!"

#175 10 years ago

well then if they over quoted your games by almost double, you give her pins equal to the value she had quoted, and you keep the house. There you go. You just got double money for all your games. If she thinks they are worth so much, there you go. Win, win.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 18.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-lord-of-the-rings-lotr-home-use-only/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.