LOTR16.jpg
LOTR15.jpg
LOTR14.jpg
LOTR13.jpg
lotr11.jpg
LOTR1.jpg
2014-03-23 22.04.44.jpg

#1 10 years ago

I have a really nice LOTR for sale: Asking $5500 OBO and open for trades. Maybe interested in moving a HUO TSPP as well for the right trade.

Mods: LED completely and custom spot lights installed
Under Cabinet Lighting Installed
The Eye Mod Behind Back Glass installed
Custom rails installed from Back Alley Creations

I have owned the machine for over 3 years. I am not sure of the history of the machine but prior to buying the game the owner did a full shop job to the machine. Playfield looks really nice and cabinet looks really nice overall. There is paint wear near flipper buttons. If you look very closely you can see some small blemishes very hard to see on the right side of the cabinet. I never noticed it until I looked really hard for it.
The Balrog motor occasionally sticks for a second but then works and has never affected game play. Eventually you will want to replace the motor which you can get for $115.00. Besides that I have had zero issues with the game since owning it.

Pictures below

#2 10 years ago

2014-03-23 22.04.44.jpg2014-03-23 22.04.44.jpg

#3 10 years ago

LOTR1.jpgLOTR1.jpg

lotr11.jpglotr11.jpg
#4 10 years ago

Looks beautiful! GLWTS.

#5 10 years ago

LOTR13.jpgLOTR13.jpg

LOTR14.jpgLOTR14.jpg LOTR15.jpgLOTR15.jpg LOTR16.jpgLOTR16.jpg LOTR17.jpgLOTR17.jpg lotr18.jpglotr18.jpg lotr19.jpglotr19.jpg lotr20.jpglotr20.jpg
#6 10 years ago

That game game from us. Great American Pinball, Matt from Back Alley did the powder coat. That machine was displayed at the 2011 Expo.

#7 10 years ago

Need to sell that Dr Who. Jeff's a good guy. GLWS

#9 10 years ago

New price. Also interested in trade. If your looking to move any games send me a PM.

#10 10 years ago

Is that the one that had some battery acid starting to leak? If so and assuming it was cleaned up, that was a very nice game!

#11 10 years ago

Bring it to MGC, I don't think you'd be going home with it.

#12 10 years ago

How far apart would we be on a TF LE autobots trade?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

That game game from us. Great American Pinball, Matt from Back Alley did the powder coat. That machine was displayed at the 2011 Expo.

Mike, what is the history of the game before you got it?

#14 10 years ago

Any idea how hard it would be to get a matching lockdown bar without text? I don't mind the hardware color and Elvish writing on the rails, but "MY PRECIOUS" is a bit much for me. Very nice LOTR, at any rate.

#15 10 years ago

Yancy, I imagine Matt could do just a lockdown bar. He has the kit listed on his website so I imagine he has access to the necessary color:

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20lord%20of%20the%20rings%20pinball%20addons.html

Brad

#16 10 years ago

Jasonpaulbauer

I Can't remember the history on that game. It was clean and very nice to start with.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is that the one that had some battery acid starting to leak? If so and assuming it was cleaned up, that was a very nice game!

Same LOTR. That was taken care of a while ago. Game is is beautiful condition.

Someone will be lucky whoever picks this game up. The condition is fantastic. Mike from GAP did a great job with it. Let me know if you guys have any other questions.

#18 10 years ago

Bump for a great seller. I picked up my Magneto from Jeff last year. He was great to work with while I figured out how to get the machine up to Minnesota. It looked brand new like it just came out of the box and it's gotten better ever since I've owned it. I also took your advice and picked up a SM last week. Took me forever to find a nice HUO at a reasonable price but I finally found one.

20140320_111242.jpg20140320_111242.jpg 20140114_192941.jpg20140114_192941.jpg
#19 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Any idea how hard it would be to get a matching lockdown bar without text? I don't mind the hardware color and Elvish writing on the rails, but "MY PRECIOUS" is a bit much for me. Very nice LOTR, at any rate.

Matt did this exact setup for me when I had him do my LOTR. He charged a little less for not having to write on the lockdown bar.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Bump for a great seller. I picked up my Magneto from Jeff last year. He was great to work with while I figured out how to get the machine up to Minnesota. It looked brand new like it just came out of the box and it's gotten better ever since I've owned it. I also took your advice and picked up a SM last week. Took me forever to find a nice HUO at a reasonable price but I finally found one.

I miss that Magneto! Glad your enjoying it though. How do you like Spiderman so far?

#21 10 years ago

LOTR still available. Weekend Bump.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I miss that Magneto! Glad your enjoying it though. How do you like spiderman so far?

The SM is great. My kids love it. I've learned that games aren't quite as quick as XMEN so if I want a quick game I'm probably going to pick XMEN instead of SM. Now I just have to figure out how to get a ACDC into my basement and I'm all set.

#23 9 years ago

Game is still available.

#24 9 years ago

Man. I so wish you were closer. Shipping kills it for me.

#25 9 years ago

I think it would look better if you pulled the LED's out of it. Those green ones in the slings don't really work there. Washes out the art. LOTR always looks better with regular bulbs.

#26 9 years ago

Whoever buys it can swap out bulbs if they want. But the metal sling plastic protector going OVER the right sling plastic doesn't look so good.

#27 9 years ago

We'll I'm excited! Payment is on it's way. Now I gotta make some extra room...

#28 9 years ago

Did this finally sell then? ??

#29 9 years ago

It did sell.

I love the green leds in it.

#30 9 years ago

Congrats on the sale.
Still looking for one

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-lord-of-the-rings-chicago-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.