(Topic ID: 54294)

FS - Jolly Park Located in Southwest - SOLD!

By AdamPinball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by s1500
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PDR_1256.JPG
PDR_1254.JPG
PDR_1253.JPG
great_ass.jpg
Broke_Drops.jpg
Cabinet.jpg
Head.jpg
LEDs.jpg
Playfield2.jpg
Playfield1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from AdamPinball:

Thanks for the comments and bumps. I have had several offers so far and the sale is now pending. The Jolly Park may soon have a new home.

Man, I haven't been this excited for something pinball related in a loooonnnnng time. I have been looking for a nice example of this game for the last 10 years. I still feel like I am in one of those "pinch me" moments.

The Pinball Deities have smiled upon me this week... A Jolly Park and a Rescue 911 playfield I have been looking for 3 years for within 24 hours of each other....

AdamPinball has been really awesome throughout.....

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Congrats Tim! Jolly Park will be a great and unique addition to your collection. Can't wait to play it!

Thanks man...You and me both!

#16 10 years ago

Thanks Guys.... I have always enjoyed the game at Expo, but always felt like it wasn't as finely tuned as it should be (not slamming Mike). I think the game is actually a lot more fun than those who have only experienced it at Expo. This game is a widebodied monster, and I will be more than happy to share pics of the whole thing once it gets here. It is so different, and not a lot of people have seen one (let alone see the insides of one), and there isn't a lot of material out there on it.

I can't believe how crazy this week has been, I honestly never thought I would find a nice one since there probably only a handful of them in the US (only guessing). I have been collecting since 1999, and have always kept my eyes open for a nice example of this title, and there have only been one or two in that time frame that were a possibility if they would have shipped them.

I can't say enough nice things about AdamPinball, if you are ever looking at doing a distance deal with him, don't hesitate.

Thanks again Adam!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Hey Adam
after all the trouble you gave me in paying for this game
and delivering for free to Vegas for you and now you selling (sold)it !!
You really wanted it for your collection you said.
I could have sold it myself for $5500.00 but gave you a break
since i thought we were friends and you really wanted one
You owned it for two weeks !!
No more Jolly Park for you
I have 3 more coming & a Verne's World

Dude take this to PM with Adam.... He explained to me he had it for a short time and wasn't really excited about selling it but was expanding his business. You also assume that he was making money on this.... for FULL disclosure (not that I need to) Adam and I agreed on $4500 and split shipping. He isn't making any money off you. I don't know him personally, but can get a read on people in about 3 minutes, and he is one of the most honest sellers I have encountered.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Hi Robert,
Please send me the serial numbers from any Spinball pins that pass through your place. I'm still keeping a list....

Matt,

This one is coming to Wisconsin, do you already have the serial? You have any generic parts (like the drop targets) for this one?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

its just the fact we wanted one for so long and i gave him a hugh break on this pretty mint
Jolly Park. He could barely pay for it. He should have told me just to hang on to it and buy at some other time then rather resell it for $5500.00 or best offer !
I am just sore how this whole deal went down with him thats all

Sorry to hear that. If it is any consolation to you, he didn't sound excited about selling it by any means. If you are a true friend, you should be happy that he is expanding the pinball/arcade hobby to the general public. It is a rare opportunity for anyone in today's environment.

If it helps, you have a total stranger's excitement about pinball at a new 14 year high. This is the first time I have felt like a kid at Christmas for the first time in a long time. The three people that I can actually share my excitement with are already tired of hearing about it... LOL

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I do have a couple NOS drop targets right now, but I'd like to hang onto them for my Jolly Park and Verne's World....sorry. They tend to break every now and then (as you well know), so I don't want to get in a bind when mine break again.
I have a lot of contacts in Spain, so I'll see if I can dig up some replacements for you....
And no, I don't have the serial number for your machine. Please send it to me when you can. Thank you!

Will do.... Would be stoked if you can make some contacts on the drops. I will make them work for now, but will obviously take anything I can get my hands on.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Congrats on the purchase! It's a great game, and you'll love it. You'll have to seek out a Verne's World now too!

Never played VW... I played my Buddy's Bushido though.... It has a very similar feel to it...

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Verne's World is awesome. It actually puts Jolly Park to shame! Spinball was getting really good, so it's too bad they couldn't hold on any longer.
As far as Bushido feeling like a Spinball pin (assuming you mean flippers/or the way the Perspex playfield feels) Inder eventually became Spinball, so yes, there's a lot of similarities between the two companies.
When Spinball bought out the remains of Inder, they basically overhauled the company and made things better. Better boardset, different (and better) cabinet, toy-heavy designs, etc. They still kept the same smooth-feeling flippers though.

Yeah the flippers... I knew Inder became Spinball, but wasnt sure when they transitioned. The backglass that opens on both sides is just brilliant stuff... I knowit is simple, but it is really cool nonetheless....I dunno how many times I have been on the wrong side of the machne when I need to work on it

#38 10 years ago

Hi Tim
Sorry about my rant earlier
You just got yourself a awesome game
And the best shape I have seen by far
Congratulations !!
I have some spare parts for Jolly Park
Such as some plastics that break often
And extra targets
Let me know ones you get the game
And still think you want these targets
Instead of trying to fix them I can send
Them to you
Keep on flipping

Thanks... I will send you a PM. I am beyond words right now. My whole family thinks I am strange (well they did before)....Like I said before, I have had a lot of games come and go, but this one is special, I didn't even think I would be having this conversation. I feel like I am riding around on a unicorn right now....

The game is a beautiful example. Adam sent me pictures of every inch of the game, and I couldn't be happier.

// Error: Image 110533 not found //

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But not those boogers, please.

No boogers left... that finger has been there a LONG time...

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

I have known Tim for about ten years. This is the only game I have ever heard him talk about over and over again. He never really believed he would own a Jolly Park. I remember playing this with him multiple times at the Pinball Expo in Chicago and he would always talk about how great it was. Tim is a guy who basically sells his games for what he paid or less...and I am not joking. He does it to open the hobby to new owners by spreading goodwill, to bring a more than fair deal and a speedy sale, and Tim is just as good as it gets as a person.
Glad this went to him as a guy who really values this hobby and is literally like a kid at Christmas now.

Thanks man.... You still aren't allowed over to play it.... that restraining order is good for at least another 30 days...

#46 10 years ago

Your actually the one missing out...I am watching B_Koenig's Bonabo this weekend!

LOL.... Still one of the best threads on Pinside.... Who would have thought Brian was smart enough to parlay a Tron Pro into a Bonobo....

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

When are you getting this Ralph, I'd love to see one of these in person!

Most likely the end of next week. Pickup from Vegas is on Monday. You are more than welcome to give it a run for sure. It is going to look nice next to that pitch and bat

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'm just excited to come play it in the new pinball shed. That's going to be great. 3 times the space you have now.
Chris

Ummm. just a brief update.... the games sold to fund the pinball shed turned into Jolly Park, so.... technically if you get inside of JP to play it, you are playing it in the new pinball shed.

#54 10 years ago

I agree Chris, only problem is how comfortable will Tim feel? Currently, he walks around in those Tampa Bay Bucaneers boxers and when he gets this shed sanctuary what will he try and pull off wearing? Scary...

I still like the fact that you always fall for the "wanna see the ship's mast" in those bad boys...certainly explains some of that restraining order...

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think Tim should do league first to show off his new toy.

I would love to do the league first but two of my nice league games just left (TFLE and POTC) and the two that replaced it need to be torn down before I can host (TSPP and POTC)....Right now my project to shopped ratio is completely out of whack....

I promise Jolly Park will be a league game though (You guys have been practicing on that one to make it fair right?)

#64 10 years ago

Woot! I picked up Jolly Park from the Con Way shipping terminal today and it is in the lineup and playing fast and furious..... Anyone looking to buy/sell with Adam Pinball, have ZERO worries, one of the easiest/best transactions I have ever done....Thanks again Adam!

PDR_1253.JPGPDR_1253.JPG PDR_1254.JPGPDR_1254.JPG PDR_1256.JPGPDR_1256.JPG

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Cool Spanish pin bro. And it's in a neighboring state? Hmm, I might have to bribe jonogo with gas moeny to tag along to try this bad boy out.

I will see him on Saturday, there is still time

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Where did The Simpsons go? Did you sell it?
Chris

That is sacrilege broseph.... Simpsons and 1812 are going on the other wall (Simpsons is already there).... This wall is now reserved for DMDs only...

I practice pinball segregation in my house.... All the alphanumerics are shamed to their own spot...

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Congrats, that looks like a very nice example of a Jolly Park!

Thanks, I only have seen one other one to baseline it from, but this one is in really nice shape. A couple of broken drops and a broken plastic (on its corner), but overall a really nice example. My wife notices cosmetics far more than I, and she said it looked really nice, so once it passes her test, I am usually in the clear

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-jolly-park-located-in-southwest?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.