Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Elicash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

For Sale – Jacks to Open – Clearcoated NOS playfield recently installed.

Gottlieb/Premier’s 1984 solid state version - $1,350 in West Chester, PA.

Cash sale ; prefer pick up so you can see it before you buy it.

I purchased this pin November, 2005.

In 2014, I completed a playfield swap. I had bought a NOS playfield from Dann Frank and had it clearcoated by Dave Schulpius. Playfield sat until I had time to do the playfield swap in 2014.
The pin was always kept in a climate controlled, non-smoking, sunlight-free environment since purchased.

Reason for sale – Second pin I ever bought ; family and I played it a lot ; now it doesn’t get played as much and we would like something different. The swap project was a lot of fun, too, but subsequent plays on it were more for fine-tuning than “fun”. And I must confess I am finally over the sentimental feeling “I can’t or will never sell any of my pins”

Other pins I currently own are LOTR, Joker Poker (SS), Paragon, and a White Water (my first pin which I recently sold).

THE GREAT/BRAND NEW

Just about every part on top of the playfield was replaced with a brand new part from PBR:

Playfield plastics
Targets
Ball lane guides
Star posts
Caps that hold the plastics down
All metal on top was removed and tumbled and then hand polished
Cabinet is in excellent shape – strong colors, no fade, hardly any scuffs or marks - not perfect - but colors pop and looks great.
All pop bumper parts above the playfield were replaced with new parts
New rubber of course
Flipper bats and some parts for the rebuild – flippers are incredibly strong and with the clearcoated playfield, it plays fast.

Under the playfield –
All sockets replaced with brand new sockets
All bulbs replaced
As it was a playfield swap, I took apart the target mech and cleaned and polished it
I basically cleaned the heck out of every part below the playfield to the best of my ability. Tumbled what I could ; hand polished the rest.
Many brand new switches as well.
2 of the 3 flipper boards were replaced with brand new repro flipper boards

Ray Brackins of Wide Area Repair fine-tuned the pop bumpers to ensure they give great action (it was my first playfield swap so I wanted to make sure the pin plays great).

All 4 displays are bright and clear
Backglass is a 9.9 – one very small mark (hard to even see it)
Coin mechs present and work perfectly
Coin box included
Manual included
Schematic included as part of the manual.
Legs and levelers are not new but look very nice.

THE AESTHETICALLY DISPLEASING
1) The original apron has some scratches.
2) Despite the playfield being beautiful and NOS and clearcoated, there are some inserts that have some of the black missing … it’s the only thing from keeping the playfield from being a 10. Still a 9.9 in my opinion. It’s only noticeable when the inserts are lit.
3) The only annoying thing about the pin is that sometimes when you turn the game on, there’s junk in the displays … simply turning the game off and back on resolves the issue. That issue NEVER happens once the game is on and it starts with clean data in the displays. Just once in a blue moon.
4) Lockdown bar is average looking - not bad ; just not new/great.
5) One pop bumper cap - one of the little tabs popped off ... cap sticks on firmly ... just noting it because, well, it's there (or not there in this case).

I may have missed some GREAT and I may have missed some DISPLEASING ; My goal is to be forthright so you do not waste your time. My apologies if I have missed something important.

This game plays great. This game has played great for the family and has played great since the playfield swap and Ray’s tune-up of the pop-bumpers.

Pictures at the link below. Please click on each picture and a lot more detail will show. The link will take you to Photobucket.com

http://s856.photobucket.com/user/Geiber/library/JACKS%20TO%20OPEN%20SALE%20PICTURES?sort=3&page=1

I have a lot into this pin (base game, plus playfield, plus getting it clearcoated, and lots of new parts plus the pop-bumper tune-up). Beautiful looking game – plays SUPER FAST. It’s a challenging game, plays fast, has that “one more game” vibe since ball times (and game times!) can be short.

Let’s find it a new home with a new family for years of enjoyment !

Thanks
Mike Geib
West Chester, PA

484-354-972-nine

michaelgeib @ comcast.net

Post edited by michaelgeib: Pin sold

#2 9 years ago

Bump for the daytime crowd

#3 9 years ago

Looks really nice

#4 9 years ago

Thanks MeNaCeFiRe !

#5 9 years ago

Weekend bump

#6 9 years ago

Hump day bump ... make an offer !!!

1 week later
#7 9 years ago

Bump for Mike. I bought a Tee'd off from him and he could not have been nicer. I also saw this machine and it is absolutely gorgeous.

Great seller, buy with confidence.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks Adam ...

I really appreciate the kind words.

I can say the same about you (and your father).

You were a great buyer and I like the passion you're bringing to the hobby !

Take care,
Mike Geib
West Chester, PA

#9 9 years ago

Looks like you have the nice hot stamped drop targets installed from PBR? Boy that is a fine looking example. I have one to clean up, but it won't look as nice as yours. Any chance you have a few pictures of the underside of the playfield and of the boards in the backbox that you could share?

#10 9 years ago

That is a thing of beauty! Never played one but looks like a fun Gottlieb. GLWTS Free bump!

BTW: Excellent job using the acorn post speed nuts!

#11 9 years ago

Thanks for the comments and bumps RoyF and jwwhite15

RoyF - I can get you pics as requested ... photobucket work for you ?
And yes, I bought the targets from PBR ... they look perfect and have held up well.

Mike

2 weeks later
#12 9 years ago

Pin has sold.

Thanks
Mike Geib

#13 9 years ago

Great! Looks like someone is getting a beautiful pin.

#14 9 years ago

Congrats Mike! I just bought Mike's White Water. It was a great experience that could not have gone any better. First class seller.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-jacks-to-open-84-ss-cced-nos-pf-1350-west-chester-pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.