(Topic ID: 40715)

Ironman, Iron Monger mod with LEDs behind him (Purple LEDs available)

By HemiOrange09

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2703.JPG
Pinball_Refinery_Iron_Man_Flasher_mod_.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I decided to make this mod for the Ironman pinball. I think the machines need a little more light show shown on the Iron Monger when the ball strikes him. I still need to write up the directions to install it, which will not take me much time.

2 wires need to be soldered on one of the factory flasher socket below the Iron Monger for the power connection. This wiring harness can be installed without removing any parts from the machine and it will not alter the machine to install it. I am selling this mod for $20.00 shipped in the US. If you live outside the US please let me know. I will need a little more to cover the shipping cost. You can purchase them on my website... http://pinballrefinery.bravesites.com/

Here are 3 video of the Iron Monger with different color LEDs behind him. Red, Orange and Blue. Please PM me if you would like one of these mods and also what color you would like.

Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

Nicely done (again)!

#3 11 years ago

Bumping for Hemi. Nice mod and good value.

#4 11 years ago

Steve, I'll take an orange one. If you happen to come across the purple one mentioned in the last thread, I'll take both. PM me and let me know...

Thanks,
Art

#5 11 years ago

What is the plasma ball behind Whiplash?

#6 11 years ago

I added the plasma ball to the back of Whiplash about 2 years ago... I have had a few others enquire about it... It is a battery operated toy that I purchased at Lowes, but they no longer carry them... I looked for them and ask the sales people.

#7 11 years ago

On a side note..... rlslick emailed a link from Amazon and here are some similar plasma disc that I have in my machine, I tried to wire mine into the machine and it got fried, so I just turn mine on when I play the machine....

Here the Amazon link.....

http://www.amazon.com/Wearable-Pocket-Plasma-Responds-Sound/dp/B00333A2F4/ref=sr_1_13

I am going to start making the Iron Monger mod soon. I am almost caught up on my orders.

Thanks everyone for your patience....

#8 11 years ago

Any chance of posting instructions for those of us that would like to make their own?

#9 11 years ago

I use custom made LED flashers that will fit behind the Iron Monger for this mod. The standard flashers that are used in pinball machines will not work and you would destroy your Iron Monger trying to get them behind him.

#10 11 years ago

This Iron Monger is now available and I can start shipping them out as soon as tomorrow....

Please PM me if you would like one and what color.
I will need you mailing address and a direct email address to send you the directions.

Thanks,
Steve

1 week later
#11 11 years ago

Steve, just installed my red one in last night! This simple install mod is a MUST! Matched my under Playfield flashers with the red LED's, and he looks pissed when I hit him. Video doesn't do this mod justice guys! Buy it, don't question it, you won't be disappointed!

1 month later
#12 11 years ago

Hi Hemi, I would like a Blue set for my IM - pm sent

2 weeks later
#13 10 years ago

I now have Purple LEDs available for the Iron Monger mod. I have them installed in my machine and they looks Awesome. The purple LEDs matches the Iron Monger insert colors almost perfectly.

Thanks,
Steve

#14 10 years ago

Ill take a purple set , how do I order ?

#15 10 years ago

I want a Purple Kit also ,, do you have a Video showing the Purple Leds in action ?

#16 10 years ago

Steve, send me a PM, I want a purple set as well! Sign me up!

#17 10 years ago

I didn't make a video for the purple LEDs on my Iron Monger... The camera can not pick up the true color of the LEDs, so there is no point in making a YouTube video of it.

Trust me it looks SWEET. Also the color will look perfect for my XM Night Crawler mod.

You can purchase them on my and Zdoor's website http://pinballrefinery.bravesites.com/

Under the "Item For Sale" tab, click on the Ironman Backglass

Thanks,
Steve

#18 10 years ago

Hemi ,, I'm ordering the Purple Light Flasher mod for The Monger , I'm in the Shop-n cart and it say's $ 6.95 for ship-n ,, Yr site say's Free ship-n if in the US and More if Out of the US ...

What's up w/ this .. ? Is Ship-n Free in the US , if so how do i get to that Point ...

Choose delivery method
U.S.P.S. Priority Mail® (1-3 days)$6.95

Items

$20.00

Estimated Shipping

$6.95

Tax

$0.00

Total

$26.95

#19 10 years ago

You are right.... I will make the adjustments to the website and let you know when the shipping issue is corrected....

Thanks for letting me know.

Steve

#20 10 years ago

Cool mod Steve keep em coming for all of us Pinball modding addicts!

#21 10 years ago

I just fixed the website...

It is now free shipping with the purchase of just this Iron Monger mod for my fellow Pinsiders I will be shipping them first class USPS.

Steve

#22 10 years ago

Hemi , I just sent the Payment thru Paypal ,, $ 20.00 went out but I didn't send it as a Gift , If yr Charged let me know how much and PM me the Copy and I'll send you the Remaining Balance .

,,, I ordered the Purple mod ...... Thanxx Bro ...... B_R

#23 10 years ago

Hemi , I got the Flasher mod in the mail 2-day ,, I haven't installed it yet ( 2-morrow )

Impressive lOOking Flasher !!! Hell, I might buy a few more for my Other Pins ..

Where did you install Yr's @ ? In yr video's , the Flasher mods looks to be behind the Monger between his legs ..

Pinball_Refinery_Iron_Man_Flasher_mod_.jpgPinball_Refinery_Iron_Man_Flasher_mod_.jpg Pinball_Refinery_Iron_Man_Flasher_mod_.jpgPinball_Refinery_Iron_Man_Flasher_mod_.jpg Pinball_Refinery_Iron_Man_Flasher_mod_.jpgPinball_Refinery_Iron_Man_Flasher_mod_.jpg

#24 10 years ago

I just installed this last night and all I have to say is WOW! I ordered the Purple and it just ties in with the inserts so well . It's alittle tricky to get it up behind the Monger so it doesn't show but it can be done . I removed the two hex screws that pin his hands down to get more access . Played a game and it really looks bad ass . It should have been there from the start . One thing mine didn't come with instructions so I would suggest adding them to your website . I'm probably going to order more to have as spares for other games . Keep up the good work and awesome job !

#25 10 years ago

I'll have a few Pict's- of the install and a video when I get mine Ready .. Purple here too..

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I just installed this last night and all I have to say is WOW! I ordered the Purple and it just ties in with the inserts so well . It's alittle tricky to get it up behind the Monger so it doesn't show but it can be done . I removed the two hex screws that pin his hands down to get more access . Played a game and it really looks bad ass . It should have been there from the start . One thing mine didn't come with instructions so I would suggest adding them to your website . I'm probably going to order more to have as spares for other games . Keep up the good work and awesome job !

I emailed you the directions once I mailed the Iron Monger mod to you.... Sometimes the emails end up in the junk folders :/ . Please contact me if this happens again.

Thanks for the feedback and I am glad you like the effect it gives the machine.

Steve

#27 10 years ago

Looks awesome Hemi! Make sure you send one to Gio so I can check it out on his IM.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Cen-Cal-Pin:

Looks awesome Hemi! Make sure you send one to Gio so I can check it out on his IM.

He already has it in his machine

#29 10 years ago

Here's mine ,, while this vid- was Up-Load-n ,, I got it installed .. Very Cool and @ a Great Price !!

Me want 2 more ........

#30 10 years ago

I've installed the purple Ironmonger mod too today - great instructions and looks fantastic in the purple to tie up with the inserts - well - I'm got cointaker UV LED's installed in all my monger lights but the difference is negligible!

Once I get the confidence to try and drill the monger and make his chest glow white it'll add a great effect as the lower monger flashers also look great blinking in cold white

Thanks for another great mod!

IMG_2703.JPGIMG_2703.JPG

#31 10 years ago

Took this vid- w/ my Tablet and w/ the p/f glass out ,, Had No 1 to hold while Film-n ( Nap Tyme )

I also changed the White Super 89 Flashers under Whiplash to Super Green 89 CoinTakers .

#32 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for posting the pictures and video of the new purple LEDs for my Iron Monger mod. The purple color does look better then the camera shows (for some reason the camera doesn't pick up this color well).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-ironman-iron-monger-mod-with-leds-behind-him-for-2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.