Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagesCAUF601H.jpg
4337055159_978b938449.jpg
th-1-771.jpeg
image.jpg
245383-i.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

It's an auction not for sale!!!

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Chris Kruger

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I haven't seen those yet. Has anybody got a picture on what that looks like? Are these like the wing nut screws inside a Williams head? I liked the hex wrench style coffin lock, and I'm sure this works just as well, but just don't know what it looks like.
Can it be easily converted like the lockdown bar and playfield support brackets that have been removed lately?
Here is a good luck with the trade bump. Iron Man is a fun game.

They are not good. I had a new Star Trek and had to Waller out the hole to get the screws to line up. Cross threaded the Allen head bolt. Pretty cheesy if ya ask me. Decent idea but poorly built by stern. Screws didn't line up worth a shit.

Chris Kruger

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

How do you only have 125 plays? That's the craziest thing

No kidding. I put 125 on mine this week!

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Just wait until he meets Neo.

Or Choggard

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I DEFINITELY relish that!!!!!!!!!!! Got anymore dorky polls?

Yeah, the next poll will be, how much did you lose on the resale of a game you bought from Teekee?

#106 9 years ago

#107 9 years ago

Funny how things change ...... I offered 5k to a guy here locally for a ironman stock and he was asking 6700 dls or best offer ..."lowball offers won't even get a reply" .....I didnt get a reply back for my 5k offer ..... Now I'm getting a nib ironman for 4750 delivered ....

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Yeah, the next poll will be, how much did you lose on the resale of a game you bought from Teekee?

You don't need a poll for that. I can answer that… LOTS!

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I hope corners aren't cut but you know your not gonna have Churchill making the playfields.(Huge Difference)For those of you that don't know it shows up most prevelant in the shooter lane pics. Also the newer playfields are dimpling a lot more. Also hopefully they use a better plastics than what was on pins like Avengers. I had one, very cheaply made...
Popcorn popping.

WTF are you talking about??

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

They are not good. I had a new Star Trek and had to Waller out the hole to get the screws to line up.

What is the proper tool for hole wallering?

#111 9 years ago

Just another fine example of why there needs to be a rule in place of people clogging up the For Sale threads with stuff. Pinside for some reason just thinks that this "discussion" is always ok.

The op needs to just put it on the Marketplace and not do one of these threads because it's just going to be some more complaining about pricing for the next 5 pages.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

WTF are you talking about??

My bad.... Bad info on playfied... As far as plastics, I didn't buy ST or Mustang but Avengers plastics were cheaply made. I thought they were thinner more flimsy. There was several issues with the pin out of the box. Just simply saying I hope the build quality increases.. Sorry to the op.

#113 9 years ago

Tron was rerun, and pricing went back up after they sold out. I guess I wouldn't worry too much stretch, just play the game for a while and see what shakes out.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

My bad.... Bad info on playfied... As far as plastics, I didn't buy ST or Mustang but Avengers plastics were cheaply made. I thought they were thinner more flimsy. There was several issues with the pin out of the box. Just simply saying I hope the build quality increases.. Sorry to the op.

You may not like how the ramps are made but the plastic is no different than the plastic on any of their other pins. The plastics for the none ramp items are identical as well. If the plastics are cheap on AV then they are cheap on all Sterns.

Riddle this. How many Avengers or Transformers ramps have you seen that are broken? I've seen zero and heard of zero. Now how many one piece clear ramps have you seen broken? I've seen/ heard of dozens. Yes, the clear is better looking but for longevity I bet my AV and TF ramps last much LONGER than my AC/DC and ST ramps.

#115 9 years ago

I got wind of the IM rerun before the announcement, was tempted to dump mine...but then I was reminded of the lame decals on Sterns now and how I'd rather have a screened original cabinet. If they made something special like an LE with special cut side armor or a mirrored back glass, I'd be pissed, but they didn't so all is good.

#116 9 years ago

Did this game ever sell/trade stretch?

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Did this game ever sell/trade stretch?

Who's stretch, and what was he selling?

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Who's stretch, and what was he selling?

#119 9 years ago

#120 9 years ago

And now I see why the remake makes you so mad. Lol

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Funny how things change ...... I offered 5k to a guy here locally for a ironman stock and he was asking 6700 dls or best offer ..."lowball offers won't even get a reply" .....I didnt get a reply back for my 5k offer ..... Now I'm getting a nib ironman for 4750 delivered ....

Again I say, it's a great time for pinball!

#122 9 years ago

must have had a change of heart and realized how great IM is...

#123 9 years ago

IM, nuff said.

Edit: better comment.

#124 9 years ago

IM is a $1400 game folks.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You may not like how the ramps are made but the plastic is no different than the plastic on any of their other pins. The plastics for the none ramp items are identical as well. If the plastics are cheap on AV then they are cheap on all Sterns.
Riddle this. How many Avengers or Transformers ramps have you seen that are broken? I've seen zero and heard of zero. Now how many one piece clear ramps have you seen broken? I've seen/ heard of dozens. Yes, the clear is better looking but for longevity I bet my AV and TF ramps last much LONGER than my AC/DC and ST ramps.

YES! More Avengers disinformation exposed and shot down. Well done. Where are these "cheap" avengers plastics? They specifically made the plastics for AV to be cheaper than all their other games? Freaking preposterous.

The original IM ramps DO break, if you don't buy a protector. Many ramps do...but not Avengers or Transformers ramps. And they have printed art on them too! The flat earth society just doesn't get Avengers.

Tell Stern to INCLUDE the cliffy ramp protector on the IM remake....or make the ramps metal and three piece plastic like Avengers and they won't need to.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

YES! More Avengers disinformation exposed and shot down. Well done. Where are these "cheap" Avengers plastics? They specifically made the plastics for AV to be cheaper than all their other games? Freaking preposterous.

The assumption on Avengers and Transformers ramps being cheaper is based on the manufacturing process, and limiting the process to laser cutting of flat plastics. My understanding (I have programmed CNC laser machines in the past, and now work in injection molding) is that every game gets CNC cut flat plastics, if they are able to eliminate the process of traditional ramps and use flat plastics for the ramps, it will be a cost benefit to the manufacturer. That does not necessarily equate to a cheaper product, but the intent was likely to reduce the cost.

#127 9 years ago

Happy for the 400 buyers, especially BR. I would guess that 90% of the IM owners have less than $5,000
in their games. Mine is modded and I'm in at $4,600. Reproducing these, 2,000+ - MM, then releasing a new
Pin in Sept. is a smart move.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

The assumption on Avengers and Transformers ramps being cheaper is based on the manufacturing process, and limiting the process to laser cutting of flat plastics. My understanding (I have programmed CNC laser machines in the past, and now work in injection molding) is that every game gets CNC cut flat plastics, if they are able to eliminate the process of traditional ramps and use flat plastics for the ramps, it will be a cost benefit to the manufacturer. That does not necessarily equate to a cheaper product, but the intent was likely to reduce the cost.

It believe it was a design decision because Gomez wanted something different, that included artwork on the length of the ramp. Other designers haven't done it because it's not their design sensibility. Cutting and fabricating multiple pieces of plastic and screen printing them might be cheaper than vacuum forming thin plastic, but that's not obvious to me.

Some people really get their panties in a bunch about this specific thing, whereas I look at it as a non issue. It has no impact on the gameplay.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

IM is a $1400 game folks.

Man, I wish they were. I would be able to buy 3 instead of just one. AND, I would have $600 left over to throw an IM party with friends.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Man, I wish they were.

If they really were, I'd have one sitting right next to my Judge Dredd. Just call me "cheap".

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It believe it was a design decision because Gomez wanted something different, that included artwork on the length of the ramp.

Yes, this is also true and it is close to what he has said publicly about the flat plastic ramps. You will likely never here anyone at Stern admit to the other reason for the design change. Manufacturing cost savings. I'm not knocking it. Those ramps are brilliantly engineered, they are like the ikea of pinball ramps.

#133 9 years ago

Uhh it's not a for sale thread anymore

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

What is the proper tool for hole wallering?

Big drill bit!

Hammerdrill works best!

ha ha ha ha

#135 9 years ago

in that case

imagesCAUF601H.jpgimagesCAUF601H.jpg

#136 9 years ago

The F/S aspect of this thread has concluded; no point in keeping the thread open further. Closing it down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-iron-man-huo-w-modssee-pix/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.