(Topic ID: 105052)

FS: Indy 500 Cabinet Decal Sets - Now Available (Next Gen 2+)

By PPS

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ben_PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Finally! Been working on this for a LONG time, and reset with the original wms artwork! Really nice, and color matched to original WMS spec'd colors. We are glad to finally get this out ... this is the production versio of the I500 cabinet decals with the gradient fill in the main orange/red area:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPA-I500-CABSETNG&Store_Code=PP

These come in the 'original' die cut backbox style (which you will need a black border on your backbox painted) -or- cut at edges which will take the decal to the edge of the cabinet and you can trim there (has the black border on the cabinet decal).

We will also be getting out the 'proto' artwork which had a solid fill on instead of the gradient, and just need to check that, so if someone wants/need that, check the site in a week or two.

[email protected]

#3 9 years ago

Great news!

The artwork you are calling proto was used on a lot of games - I don't think I've ever seen an early production I500 with the blue lower playfield with the solid color artwork.

Since you're making both available, though, that's awesome. I500 is one of the few that I've sold that I regretted selling!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Finally! Been working on this for a LONG time, and reset with the original wms artwork! Really nice, and color matched to original WMS spec'd colors. We are glad to finally get this out ... this is the production versio of the I500 cabinet decals with the gradient fill in the main orange/red area:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPA-I500-CABSETNG&Store_Code=PP
These come in the 'original' die cut backbox style (which you will need a black border on your backbox painted) -or- cut at edges which will take the decal to the edge of the cabinet and you can trim there (has the black border on the cabinet decal).
We will also be getting out the 'proto' artwork which had a solid fill on instead of the gradient, and just need to check that, so if someone wants/need that, check the site in a week or two.
[email protected]

Great Work At PPS!!!!
Thanks for continuing to bring to market the much needed artwork for those in need.
Looking forward to the Addams Family Translites, Cabinet Artwork, and Playfields in the Near Future!!

#5 9 years ago

I am SO tempted to buy this.

#6 9 years ago

How about Nascar decals? Was indy originally silk screened?

#7 9 years ago

Posting here to ask if anyone has an Indy500 machine with the solid red cab sides that is in really good condition? I'm wrapping up the art on this, but all the art I've been able to compare to is rather faded. It seems that the blue on this version is slightly darker, but since all the sides I've seen are faded, I can't tell how much darker!

If someone can take some well lit pictures for me, it'd be greatly appreciated, because I don't want to make the blue TOO dark. I've got a nice, rich blue right now, but I want to make sure it's as accurate as possible before putting these up for sale.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-indy-500-cabinet-decal-sets-now-available-next-gen-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.