Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mmuglia
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
034.JPG

#1 6 years ago

I am selling a custom BSD I just finished this past weekend. I will however need a few days to finish tweaking switches, etc...
As you can see it has custom cab art, backglass, all the cab armor, lock down bar, coin door, legs, power box in the cab and the once chrome trim on the apron are all done in powder coated semi gloss black, ramps are all powdercoated flat black. Feature lights are all led, most GI's are regular bulbs but I did put some blue leds under the sling shots.
As all my games it has been stripped, cleaned and touched up where needed, New yellow warning text on the back, new warranty stickers, stern type behind the leg cab protectors. Felt behind the hinges so they don't scratch the side armor. Inside the cab was painted all black w/ tan bottom and clear coated. It's easier to clean the dust out this way. The light board was cleaned and painted w/ hinges and latches tumble polished.
Playfield had a little touch up around some inserts, I tried to black out some of the inserts near the flippers. Also changed the color of the mortar in the castle to look more like mortar. Clear coated. Added blue and ultra violet lights in some of the building windows.
New wooden coffin has decomposed remains in it,I still need to add the bones, skull. It does not show well but the top of the coffin is actually transparent wood grain. There are blue flashers under the coffin that when lit show the remains a little better.
I hand painted details in all the buildings and the graveyard. Graveyard also now has a flasher inside it. Round center targets have been replaced with 3d targets, the center transparent to show the back light through.
Don't know what I was thinking when I installed the white rubber rings. They should have been black but it's too late now.
You can see some pics here
http://s708.photobucket.com/user/prowlerman99/library/BSD?sort=3&page=1
I don't think the pics do it justice.

I am thinking $5K or best offer, +or-.

034.JPG

#2 6 years ago

Cab decals look GREAT!

#3 6 years ago

I bought those same decals....just haven't installed them yet.

They really look good on a machine.

#4 6 years ago

Just updated Photobucket with some better pics of the cab. http://s708.photobucket.com/user/prowlerman99/library/BSD?sort=3&page=1

Apparently my guess at a value was a little too high for this game.
Any ideas on what I should be asking for it? Offers?
Any local traded offers. Looking for a POTC, SM, IM

Also have a JY and NGG both of which play 100%, both need to be shopped, some chips in cab head of the NGG. Normal scratches on cab. JY has wear behind the legs but I'll throw on a set of cab protectors. Playfields look good. No broken plastics. $5,100. for the pair. Or $2,700 for NGG and $2,600 for JY.

Thanks guys!!
Brian

#5 6 years ago

I've heard of this title selling for as high as $4k. IMO that is probably the celing for a mint BSD.

#6 6 years ago

GLWS!

image.jpg

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I've heard of this title selling for as high as $4k. IMO that is probably the celing for a mint BSD.

I know the one shown at last year's expo sold for $5K+, maybe even $6K a couple months later. Granted, he had lots of EL tape work in the ramps and custom bridge, clearcoating, sound upgrades, etc. but it's all about what someone will pay. So it's not unheard of...BSD is an awesome game. And custom work can make the machine. I think $3.5K-$4K is fair for this one.

5 months later
#8 5 years ago

Awesome BSD !!!!! I Love the Alt- decal's & the Trans ... Dammmmmm ,,

#9 5 years ago

That is one sweet looking BSD. You'll have no trouble selling this one. Love the cabinet and back glass.

#10 5 years ago

Love the cab, don't like the coffin sorry. needs the lightning flipper too to play realistically IMO

#11 5 years ago

Brian does some awesome work! This one left his collection a while ago but it truly is one of a kind!

#12 5 years ago

Hey Brian,
Looks great!
Now that the holidays are over we should get together and talk pins.

#13 5 years ago

Yes we will. I have been out of commission for a month while I repair my game room and shop. Had a slight sewer backup, through the floor drain that kinda flooded my basement. Hope to have everything done and back together in a few weeks.

11 months later
#14 4 years ago

Where can I buy the custom cab art above (for BSD)?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from nibre:

Where can I buy the custom cab art above (for BSD)?

PM sent .....

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I've heard of this title selling for as high as $4k. IMO that is probablythe celing for a mint BSD.

I know of a $5k and a $5.5k BSD that sold, so price range is not unheard of ... but they had expensive mod$. I'd suggest trying $4k for this beauty. GLWTS/T.

ps - Looking forward to having the alternate decals I bought installed on mine too.

#17 4 years ago

looking at your other pictures... nice car ... but it looks like I am about to pick up your old TAF

#18 4 years ago

Sorry guys, I usually forget to post when they sold. This game sold 11 months ago.
Have fun with TAF Jr, it's a really nice game.

#19 4 years ago

I would say that is worth 3-4k
What did you sell it for?

#20 4 years ago

I'm a huge BSD fan. I've owned 3, and the one I have now is mint. Yours is beautiful, and I like the cabinet artwork. I don't care for the coffin too much, even though the original coffin isn't anything special. I think yours is worth $4000-4200. GLWTS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside