arnold_pects_flex.gif
boob beach.jpg
my line up-866.JPG
!mwcpopcorn.gif
sp32-20090206-181428.jpg
Ned-Beatty-Deliverance.7.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

you drinking again?

at least he has an excuse.

#102 9 years ago

You listed it for $6,200, then lowered the price several times. Before deleting all your posts in that thread.

Quoted from stretch2:

Hang in there.I got fried here last week for asking $5600 for my IM with lots of mods on it.Unfortunately ,opinions are like you know what's, and everyone has one.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You listed it for $6,200, then lowered the price several times. Before deleting all your posts in that thread.

Not exactly accurate.Lowered it once to $5600.And yes it got so de-railed that a moderator closed it on his own.Comments seemed irrelevant at that point.
And thanks for caring.
Bump !

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I think there are pretty much 2 rules of thought when selling pins with Mods. Those that think they should get every penny they invested in the pin and those that think you will most likely lose out when you put a bunch of mods on a game.
I know when I picked up this IM from Nimble that I had $5500 into it (a trade + $$$). I didn't go crazy adding a ton of stuff to it but did probably add $300 or so in mods. When it came time to sell it I just sold it for what I paid without the extra premium for the addons. I guess I could have asked for more but when I decide I want to move a pin it's just easier to price it to sell.
The thing about IM is now there are new ones out on the market and looking to get every penny out of your addons will most likely be a pretty hard sell. These new ones are not refakes as someone likes to put it. Just another new run with what some people will consider upgrades from the original run. If snaroff really wants to move it he will have to adjust his price, if not he will most likely be stuck with a super nice IM. Lol

Best post in the entire thread.

#105 9 years ago

Wow! This was a fun 15 minute read!
(I have waited so long to find the right place for that)

We kinda did this a few weeks ago on the Florida Board.
Not fun at all.

Very Nice looking game, and a Good Guy too.
GLWTS.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks Adam! It is a great example that I have no problem keeping...that's for sure.
Don't blame you for staying out of the price debate!

Anytime, I will make one price commment. This goes for every for sale listing , if the price it too high it won't sell, if someone buys it then it's worth that much simple as that . What I do have a problem with is people who misrepresent games , that's uncool . But anyone can ask whatever they want for a game as long as they are fully disclosing everything about the game.

In this case no worries on that.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Not exactly accurate.Lowered it once to $5600.And yes it got so de-railed that a moderator closed it on his own.Comments seemed irrelevant at that point.
And thanks for caring.
Bump !

You have zero credibility after giving thumbs down in the "How much does a IM NIB cost" thread completely unrelated to yours when you didn't like the $4795 price quotes.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You have zero credibility after giving thumbs down in the "How much does a IM NIB cost" thread completely unrelated to yours when you didn't like the $4795 price quotes.

WTF are you talking about ? And who appointed you spokesman of Pinside ?
Bump.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

We had a vote, he won by a landslide.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

We had a vote, he won by a landslide.

Missed notice of that election.Is that like the "People's Champion " ? lol

Bump .

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Bump.

At first I thought you did it on accident

Then I realized this is stretch2 we're talking about

I'm willing to forgive all if you deliver IM for free

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Touche' .......
Peace.......

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

At first I thought you did it on accident

Wait. An IM for free?!? That's gonna throw off the price average on these things more than IMVE.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

you drinking again?

Nope, just fine tuned my bullshit meter again...and it keeps going off.

#116 9 years ago

I'd be curious to hear if the seller of this game is a cut-throat buyer that nickels and dimes people when he goes to buy machines... and if the tables were turned, would he really feel that $7600 was a good price for this machine?

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I'd be curious to hear if the seller of this game is a cut-throat buyer that nickels and dimes people when he goes to buy machines... and if the tables were turned, would he really feel that $7600 was a good price for this machine?

Snaroff is a straight shooter, as he explained in great detail what he has into the game, with proof from previous owners, you won't get that from the other 95% of Pinsiders. I'm not sure it's relevant to speculate what he may or may not do on the buy side... someone can buy it, offer less money, or move on.

#118 9 years ago

iron man suitsm.gifiron man suitsm.gif

#119 9 years ago

Wow,
Already three pages in under 24 hours? That is some good bumpage!

I know it may seem like I was being a bit "dick-ish" towards you and your thread snaroff but, it kinda irked me that you were (or at least "seemed" to be) using my name (as Aurich pointed out) to justify the lofty $7600 price tag. I also agree it probably would have been a bit unprofessional of me had I been CK, Kelly, HEP, McCune or ____ but, and here's the beauty of it... I'm not any of those guys!
I'm just a simple pinhead that wanted a NIB IM pro to be something better than it was.

(Plus, I DO happen to value my name AND reputation on here, just like in rEaL life... )

After all,
I happen to have lofty long-distant goals to create new pinball machines after I retire and what good would my name be now if I tried to squeeze as much $$$ out of people just because the numbers/market said I could?

Anyway,
Here's my take on this particular IM that is for sale.
I tricked it out to the best of my abilities, fine tuning every aspect of the machine's gameplay for maximum ass-kicking (hence the greeting on the dmd) using the best possible products at the time. I was proud of my work and made a plaque in the Stern tradition to commemorate (jokingly) the birth of my IM "NPLE".
After putting several hundred plays on it and getting my fill, I came to the conclusion that it would be really interesting to let other pinheads share/enjoy my take on a LE IM. My only requests were that they left the plaque on and naturally, "paid-it-forward" when it came time to sell. Looking back, I guess I used rose-colored Invisiglass because that obviously didn't make it too far down the road after reading CNY's post of what it sold for afterwards.

I don't blame anyone who tries (or is forced) to sell their pins at a higher price to pay for more important things like mortgages, food, doctors, natural disasters, family crisis, etc... I have no problem AT ALL with those types of situations.
I do however have to call B.S. on people who try to pawn off/justify their over-purchased mods/toys/___, 100% into the final bill of a used game's price. I mean, those mods are being used and abused, right?
Why should they still sell for the "minty fresh" price?

To the people who truly know you I'm sure you are a great guy, snaroff. I really meant no disrespect in the way that I was voicing my opinion on things here but, after the way you handled yourself around Christmastime towards an awesome guy like Rob Anthony, coupled with yesterday's reaction in seeing my NPLE attached to a $7600 price tag... My emotions kinda metamorphosed into the previous post/rant.

Like I said earlier, as long as my name is off of it, it's all good!
It's totally your machine at the end of the day to do with as you please so, "no harm, no foul."
Sell away snaroff, for the price you're comfortable with.
I just wanted to share some insight on why I posted the earlier comments and hoped you could see my point of view on things. Again, not to be a dick or a "price police" thread chaser, I just wanted my baby to be enjoyed by all regardless of market value.

So with that in mind I simply say, "GLWTS snaroff."

#120 9 years ago

I'm just glad you didn't attach a plaque to that Shadow you sold me.

No really. It would be nice if we could all get our money back every time we paid to have a game shipped, but that just isn't reality. If you can't get it local and you want it bad, just suck it up and realize you may have to eat the shipping cost to get the game you want. And so might the next guy.

#121 9 years ago

Gosh guys, this is the type of thread I would think to see in the dark of winter. Try and not call each other names . . . and try and stay nice.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

try and stay nice.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

You make a great point! I know great guys who are straight shooters that are willing to negotiate. I know other great guys who are straight shooters that can somehow drive my machines down to well below expected value yet expect top dollar for their machines. They are good guys who don't have the flexibility to close deals. One in particular can find the one machine similar to mine that sold for $700 less than the average yet cherry pick the one machine similar to his that sold for $1500 more than average. In other words machines that are within $200 of being an even swap all of a sudden are $1700 apart. I'm sure the seller is a great person. For what it's worth Mods do nothing for me (short of LED's and shakers) and saying "I bought this machine for X plus paid Y for shipping and Z for extra mods so I'm asking X+Y+Z" is unrealistic. I don't buy machine based upon what the seller has into it. I pay what appears to be a fair price REGARDLESS of what seller has into it.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I don't buy machine based upon what the seller has into it. I pay what appears to be a fair price REGARDLESS of what seller has into it.

life would be great if we could break even on every ill conceived purchase we make.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Wow,
Already three pages in under 24 hours? That is some good bumpage!
I know it may seem like I was being a bit "dick-ish" towards you and your thread snaroff but, it kinda irked me that you were (or at least "seemed" to be) using my name (as Aurich pointed out) to justify the lofty $7600 price tag. I also agree it probably would have been a bit unprofessional of me had I been CK, Kelly, HEP, McCune or ___ but, and here's the beauty of it... I'm not any of those guys!
I'm just a simple pinhead that wanted a NIB IM pro to be something better than it was.
(Plus, I DO happen to value my name AND reputation on here, just like in rEaL life... )
After all,
I happen to have lofty long-distant goals to create new pinball machines after I retire and what good would my name be now if I tried to squeeze as much $$$ out of people just because the numbers/market said I could?
Anyway,
Here's my take on this particular IM that is for sale.
I tricked it out to the best of my abilities, fine tuning every aspect of the machine's gameplay for maximum ass-kicking (hence the greeting on the dmd) using the best possible products at the time. I was proud of my work and made a plaque in the Stern tradition to commemorate (jokingly) the birth of my IM "NPLE".
After putting several hundred plays on it and getting my fill, I came to the conclusion that it would be really interesting to let other pinheads share/enjoy my take on a LE IM. My only requests were that they left the plaque on and naturally, "paid-it-forward" when it came time to sell. Looking back, I guess I used rose-colored Invisiglass because that obviously didn't make it too far down the road after reading CNY's post of what it sold for afterwards.
I don't blame anyone who tries (or is forced) to sell their pins at a higher price to pay for more important things like mortgages, food, doctors, natural disasters, family crisis, etc... I have no problem AT ALL with those types of situations.
I do however have to call B.S. on people who try to pawn off/justify their over-purchased mods/toys/___, 100% into the final bill of a used game's price. I mean, those mods are being used and abused, right?
Why should they still sell for the "minty fresh" price?
To the people who truly know you I'm sure you are a great guy, snaroff. I really meant no disrespect in the way that I was voicing my opinion on things here but, after the way you handled yourself around Christmastime towards an awesome guy like Rob Anthony, coupled with yesterday's reaction in seeing my NPLE attached to a $7600 price tag... My emotions kinda metamorphosed into the previous post/rant.
Like I said earlier, as long as my name is off of it, it's all good!
It's totally your machine at the end of the day to do with as you please so, "no harm, no foul."
Sell away snaroff, for the price you're comfortable with.
I just wanted to share some insight on why I posted the earlier comments and hoped you could see my point of view on things. Again, not to be a dick or a "price police" thread chaser, I just wanted my baby to be enjoyed by all regardless of market value.
So with that in mind I simply say, "GLWTS snaroff."

Thanks. Just to be clear, I used your name for two reason's...it's on the plague you installed on the machine and you did the original work (and deserve the credit). I didn't use your name to inflate the price. Naming the pro's you mentioned above can help with pricing, but not much unfortunately. Mainly a sign of craftsmanship.

Nothing on this pin is "used and abused" as you state above. Everything is good as new...period. I'm not saying this lightly...I'm saying it from experience of owning, caring for, and tweaking many high-end pins.

If you have a problem with comments in another unrelated thread, try PM'ing me. Thx.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

life would be great if we could break even on every ill conceived purchase we make.

So I shouldn't expect $7850 for my STLE?!? Darn...

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I pay what appears to be a fair price REGARDLESS of what seller has into it.

I agree. That's being a smart buyer. The big issue is appraising what a "fair price" is for a mint, custom pin. For someone that appreciates the pin/customizations, this pin is arguably worth 6-7k (or roughly 90% of my asking price). The other big issue is dealing with sellers that could care less if the pin sells (i.e. they don't need the money).

Quoted from Cobray:

Well I paid asking price for this IM without any negotiation on price. Feel better? The fact that TheCnyPinGuy made 1k is cool with me. He needed to raise money and I appreciated him selling me his gorgeous pin.

In general, I don't negotiate much because I'm typically pursuing the best-of-the-best and I'm just thankful that a collector is willing to part with their cherished beauties. I've purchased several pins from "neverahighscore" who vouched for me earlier in this thread. Joe's collection was second to none when I started collecting (he's since sold off much of his collection).

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

So I shouldn't expect $7850 for my STLE?!? Darn...

750 STLE's were made and folks paid between 7-8k NIB. Now that the honeymoon is over and folks are selling, street price is obviously slumping...no surprise. Seems to happen with every new Stern release.

OTOH, this custom IM is fairly rare (maybe a dozen or so that are done as nicely as this?), so the market for it is quite a bit different (and smaller) than STLE. The comparison with STLE doesn't make much sense to me...

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

If you actually bothered to read the posts in this thread, you would have seen that he paid full asking price at $6500.00, as confirmed by the seller (CNY).

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Life is great and this wasn't an ill conceived purchase. I was (and still am) 100% happy with this pin (other than the fact that it kicks my butt and makes me feel like I need pinball lessons

Stern's decision to do another run of IM doesn't impact me one bit. If I "paid up" @ 6k for a stock/vanilla example I might feel a bit differently. Nice to see demand for IM...it deserves it. Great license, brutal game...definitely not for casual players.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks. Just to be clear, I used your name for two reason's...it's on the plague you installed on the machine

This machine has the plague!??!!

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Beautiful...nice catch btw...closing on a place in LA, so you guys will have an opportunity to play my pins and bust my chops directly next year.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Now we have to check our pins for the plague?!?

I'm not taking any chances. I'm digging some holes out in the back yard and getting a big bag of crushed limestone as we speak!

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've purchased several pins from "neverahighscore" who vouched for me earlier in this thread. Joe's collection was second to none when I started collecting (he's since sold off much of his collection).

I can second this one. I bought Joe's LoTR and can say I would purchase anything in his collection site unseen!

Snaroff, I'm sure that this will settle down soon and someone will be the new owner of this beautiful IM. Glws!

#135 9 years ago

Snaroff, OT but because of your profile photo; I was t Groit's Garage HQ & store in Tacoma yesterday. Look at what is in the garage to get detailed below. I thought you would like it.....

IMAG3503.jpgIMAG3503.jpg IMAG3504.jpgIMAG3504.jpg
#136 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Now we have to check our pins for the plague?!?
I'm not taking any chances. I'm digging some holes out in the back yard and getting a big bag of crushed limestone as we speak!

Boobonic Plague?

Screenshot_2014-06-20-10-25-50.pngScreenshot_2014-06-20-10-25-50.png
#137 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Snaroff, OT but because of your profile photo; I was t Groit's Garage HQ & store in Tacoma yesterday. Look at what is in the garage to get detailed below. I thought you would like it.....

Sweet. Traded my R8 for an RS7 six months ago. The dual clutch/turbo setup is just awesome on the RS7. The 8-speed transmission gets 27 miles per gallon on the highway! Unheard of for a car with nearly 600hp.

IMG_2200.jpgIMG_2200.jpg
#138 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sweet. Traded my R8 for an RS7 six months ago. The dual clutch/turbo setup is just awesome on the RS7. The 8-speed transmission gets 27 miles per gallon on the highway! Unheard of for a car with nearly 600hp.

IMG_2200.jpg 128 KB

Nice whips indeed.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Beautiful...nice catch btw...closing on a place in LA, so you guys will have an opportunity to play my pins and bust my chops directly next year.

I'm happy to bust chops in person! We'll bring Nimblepin as our surprise guest.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

IMG_2200.jpg 128 KB

Awesome pic. I took my A8 on the Bonneville salt flats the other day on our drive out from Detroit. As you can see, silly speed limiter has been removed. Not bad for a car with over 200,000 miles on the clock.

Screenshot_2014-06-16-13-08-58.pngScreenshot_2014-06-16-13-08-58.png

#141 9 years ago

Man am I glad I stayed out of this threa--DAMMIT!

#142 9 years ago

Price lowered to $6,900. NIB IM's look cheap, this example looks sharp.

#143 9 years ago

NIB IMs also 'look' to be about $2k cheaper. Probably not a fair comparison.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Price lowered to $6,900. NIB IM's look cheap, this example looks sharp.

Have you already seen the new IMVE?

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Have you already seen the new IMVE?

Obviously not, but if street price is ~5k, it doesn't take much inspiration/vision to know it's not richly appointed. It would be great if Stern started including more features for less money, but that's unlikely.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Obviously not, but if street price is ~5k, it doesn't take much inspiration/vision to know it's not richly appointed. It would be great if Stern started including more features for less money, but that's unlikely.

It's supposed to have LEDs in the Monger (arc reactor) area that interact with the game code. A few other added stuff too. May want to hold off judgement till we get all the info.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

NIB IM's look cheap, this example looks sharp.

You look desparate now

Have you hard about the custom IMVE topper?

It's $2200 of cash

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You look desparate now
Have you hard about the custom IMVE topper?
It's $2200 of cash

Hmm. How am I desperate if I don't need the cash and could care less if it sells?

My main objective is to allow someone else to enjoy it and thin the herd...last year, everyone was drooling over it and saying what a great deal it was @ 6.5k. This year it's passé because Stern has decided to do a rerun? No big deal.

I'm just going to keep it...seems IM sales are now entirely focused in VE...

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hmm. How am I desperate if I don't need the cash and could care less if it sells?
My main objective is to allow someone else to enjoy it and thin the herd...last year, everyone was drooling over it and saying what a great deal it was @ 6.5k. This year it's passé because Stern has decided to do a rerun? No big deal.
I'm just going to keep it...seems IM sales are now entirely focused in VE...

Sorry bro. Sweet lookin' IM, but timing is killin' IM market right now. You could try to sell after Stern is done with thier TWD production line? Good cool off period for nib sales.

#150 9 years ago

Like I said before, original IM pins are now worth 3500.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-im-nplle-nimblepin-luxurious-limited-edition/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.