arnold_pects_flex.gif
boob beach.jpg
my line up-866.JPG
!mwcpopcorn.gif
sp32-20090206-181428.jpg
Ned-Beatty-Deliverance.7.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

With all the enthusiasm for IM VE, I've decided to give a lucky Pinsider the opportunity to own something far better. You can be sure Stern won't be producing one of these (though Pinball Refinery might I've owned it for 1 year and it's given me much enjoyment/abuse! Time to let it kick your butt...here's a feature list:

- Siderails with button guards.
- Metal apron with arch retainer brackets.
- IM aluminum headbadge in center of apron.
- PF slide bracket supports.
- Stunning Hot Rod Red powder coat (rails, apron, coindoor) with gold trim (bolts, levelers).
- Gold mirror blades, hardware, feet, and custom painted trim.
- Flipper Fidelity Audio kit.
- Shaker Motor.
- 4 HOOKED custom figures (Whiplash/Warmachine with EL whips...all with chest LED's)
- Tasteful LED light package
- Custom limited edition topper (eyes/armor light up).
- Cliffy protectors in shooter lane, ramps, ball drops
- Pinballlife metal cabinet protectors
- Pinball Pal stealth magnet protectors
- IM shooter rod.

Here are 12 shots I snapped this morning:

http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/snaroff/library/IM%20Custom%20Edition?sort=3&page=1

Price: $6,900

#2 9 years ago

GL Steve!

#3 9 years ago

Iron Man Nipple edition?

#4 9 years ago

Ah, the famous nimble's IM. It sure gets around. Bad timing for a beautiful game.

#5 9 years ago

This thing has been passed around more than O-din

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Ah, the famous nimble's IM. It sure gets around. Bad timing for a beautiful game.

I'm curious, why bad timing? Collectors pay-up for Stern's LE's all day long (when they could be saving money with a Pro/Premium). Unlike Stern/JJP LE's, this truly is a limited edition of a very popular title. In any event, if it doesn't sell it's no big deal. Would just like to downsize by a few pins and I've had this for a year (and don't play it much anymore).

#7 9 years ago

I had to look cuz the subject looked like IM Nipple at a glance

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm curious, why bad timing? Collectors pay-up for Stern's LE's all day long (when they could be saving money with a Pro/Premium). Unlike Stern/JJP LE's, this truly is a limited edition of a very popular title. In any event, if it doesn't sell it's no big deal. Would just like to downsize by a few pins and I've had this for a year (and don't play it much anymore).

There are a bunch of potential buyers for this I am sure, but your market got much smaller a week ago hence Gproteins comment. Custom Edition might be a better description for this machine than LE as the gameplay features and code are the same as every other IronMan.

Looks outstanding though, I always like to see how people mod their machines to their personal taste and such. I hope you play a few more games on it before it leaves!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm curious, why bad timing?

Seriously?

#10 9 years ago

It's a beaut Clark

#11 9 years ago

Only $ 7600.00 ,, ,, add another 1500.00 and that equal's to ( 2 ) 2014 NIB Vault IM 's

GLWTS

#12 9 years ago

I can attest to the quality of Nimblepin's work. He makes even me want an Avengers now. GLWS!

#13 9 years ago

Half serious As you know, the pin has 2-3k in tasteful mods (NP did an awesome job). If someone is willing to spend 5k for a basic "Pro" model, then it's clear 7k-ish for this example makes sense (to someone with cash who likes a blinged-out Stern IM). So yes...I'm serious. Not everyone is strapped for cash!

Here's an even more glaring comparison...Black SM typically sell's for 2k more than a Red SM and the only difference is the SM imagine on the cabinet and translite!

No doubt that one of my motivations for listing it today was to spur some discussion. I'm happy for folks who really want an IM for 5k, however there's always a market for bling!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can attest to the quality of Nimblepin's work. He makes even me want an Avengers now. GLWS!

What about you getting passed around? True?

Its ok to admit, we all went through some dark periods in our life. We are here as a support group to help you.

Post edited by centerflank: added stuff

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Half serious As you know, the pin has 2-3k in tasteful mods (NP did an awesome job). If someone is willing to spend 5k for a basic "Pro" model, then it's clear 7k-ish for this example makes sense (to someone with cash who likes a blinded-out Stern IM). So yes...I'm serious. Not everyone is strapped for cash!
Here's an even more glaring comparison...Black SM typically sell's for 2k more than a Red SM and the only difference is the SM imagine on the cabinet and translite!
No doubt that one of my motivations for listing it today was to spur some discussion. I'm happy for folks who really want an IM for 5k, however there's always a market for bling!

BSM has a glass, not a translite...but point taken.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What about you getting passed around? True?

Passed out sometimes maybe. Otherwise I don't know what you are talking about.

#17 9 years ago

GLWS Steve!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Passed out sometimes maybe. Otherwise I don't know what you are talking about.

Maybe you were passed around while passed out...

#19 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

That's like calling this my Steve Ritchie limited-edition Spider-Man blue 1 of 1 lol just kidding ........ just bought it this week can't wait to get it home should be here in a week or so I'm stoked

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I had to look cuz the subject looked like IM Nipple at a glance

I could make a one-off Helen Iron Man translite.

#21 9 years ago

Here's a pic of iron man's nipples Hahahahah

image.jpgimage.jpg

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Iron Man Nipple edition?

Nipple edition? Damn it, now I have to click the link.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Nipple edition? Damn it, now I have to click the link.

Yeah I was expecting a custom backglass with the naked chica from Congo on it. With Ironman & friends all staring at her.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Half serious As you know, the pin has 2-3k in tasteful mods (NP did an awesome job). If someone is willing to spend 5k for a basic "Pro" model, then it's clear 7k-ish for this example makes sense (to someone with cash who likes a blinged-out Stern IM). So yes...I'm serious. Not everyone is strapped for cash!

Well said Steve.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I was expecting a custom backglass with the naked chica from Congo on it. With Ironman & friends all staring at her.

that might make me actually consider wanting one. Or the translite at least.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

We'll said Steve.

Thanks Rob. One last point...fwiw, I'm typically not into bling. Unfortunately, I think IM looks "cheap" without any mods. TRON is another example...don't know how anyone can own a TRON Pro/LE without replacing the cheap arcade toy and light cycles...but I digress

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

This thing has been passed around more than O-din

Is this the one that spent some time in Shreveport, Louisiana?

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is this the one that spent some time in Shreveport, Louisiana?

I believe they are talking about O-din, not o-din.
Ned-Beatty-Deliverance.7.jpgNed-Beatty-Deliverance.7.jpg

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Brand new vs used. Good luck.

I do like to see the 3k mods breakdown though.

#31 9 years ago

Looks nice! Haven't seen Nimble post here lately.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Looks nice! Haven't seen Nimble post here lately.

He's around, just likes to keep a low profile.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

That would put it on par with some of the high end Tron pro upgrades. I'd like to see it to.

#34 9 years ago

Hmmmmm,
I don't really get where the "Luxurious" part came from snaroff.
Maybe it's because of the overly-inflated price? It certainly can't be because of the extra mods I didn't install, right?
I got it! Robin Leach Centerflanked your lockdown bar for posterity!!!
(I kiid, I kiiiid...)
How about taking "Luxurious" out of the title to see if the price comes back down to around the $5500-$6500 range?

I'll wait...

sp32-20090206-181428.jpgsp32-20090206-181428.jpg - "¡hola!"

Not to bust your balls with malicious intent or anything but,
I built my IM:NPLE with love; for the pinheads that would appreciate it, not for financial gain.
(hence why my name is on it...)
Those that buy my games are treated pretty fairly when I decide to sell; I usually stress to them the policy of "paying it forward" when it's their turn. I'm 100% sure Smassa stuck to it; hopefully CNY did as well.
I took a gander at your photobucket to see what has changed visually to my old machine and I do agree that there is more "stuff" in there than when it left my care. Smassa told me he put in the red DMD filter ($16.00) as well as the FF Arc Reactor backbox kit ($150) which he preferred at the time.
CNY (I'm guessing) put in all the figures and the tournament button in for around what, $200-$300?
So all that's left now are the gold mirror blades and IM Stealth bust- which I'm guessing you installed.

As impressive as it looks on paper snaroff, it's just not worth $7600.
(Although I appreciate the sentiment!)

Man,
I'm sure you'll get pissed about this post but; let's not forget, you're using MY name to help sell this game.
So if you still want to run with this pricing snaroff, I fully understand.
Just take my plaque off first and edit your title to just the "IM LLE". ( the plaque comes off pretty easy BTW...)
The screws are just decorative; it's actually held in place with 3M tape on the back.
If you are gentle, you can lift the plaque off first and hand roll the tape off the speaker panel without damaging the paint.

Orrrrrr,
You could just sell the game at a fair price, leave the "NP" plaque where it is and let the next lucky recipient have fun with it! (Making sure THEY "pay-it-forward" of course... )

Sorry for the soapbox posting snaroff!

Back to the underground I go...
Love you guys!

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Hmmmmm,
Maybe it's because of the overly-inflated price? It certainly can't be because of the extra mods I didn't install, right?
(I kiid, I kiiiid...)
How about taking "Luxurious" out of the title to see if the price comes back down to around the $5500-$6500 range?
I'll wait...

- "¡hola!"
I built my IM:NPLE with love; for the pinheads that would appreciate it, not for financial gain.
Those that buy my games are treated pretty fairly when I decide to sell; I usually stress to them the policy of "paying it forward" when it's their turn. I'm 100% sure Smassa stuck to it; hopefully CNY did as well.
I took a gander at your photobucket to see what has changed visually to my old machine and I do agree that there is more "stuff" in there than when it left my care. Smassa told me he put in the red DMD filter ($16.00) as well as the FF Arc Reactor backbox kit ($150) which he preferred at the time.
CNY (I'm guessing) put in all the figures and the tournament button in for around what, $200-$300?
So all that's left now are the gold mirror blades and IM Stealth bust- which I'm guessing you installed.
Man,
I'm sure you'll get pissed about this post but; let's not forget, you're using MY name to help sell this game.
Just take my plaque off first and edit your title to just the "IM LLE". ( the plaque comes off pretty easy BTW...)
The screws are just decorative; it's actually held in place with 3M tape on the back.
If you are gentle, you can lift the plaque off first and hand roll the tape off the speaker panel without damaging the paint.
Orrrrrr,
You could just sell the game at a fair price, leave the "NP" plaque where it is and let the next lucky recipient have fun with it! (Making sure THEY "pay-it-forward" of course... )
Love you guys!

sp32-20090206-181428.jpg 2 KB

Hey NimblePin, you take yourself pretty seriously I see. I will gladly stop using your precious name to identify this pin...no problem.

If you think my goal is making money on this, think again. Here's the math...let's just say someone made me an offer of 7k. At 7k, I break even on this pin. Paid 6.5k...added topper ($300), added gold mirror blades ($200).

I guess someone might argue I overpaid @ 6.5k last year, but that would be a real stretch considering all the upgrades.

Is trying to "break even" on such a great example price gouging? Nope. This is a passion/hobby for me...profit is NEVER the objective. For me, it's more like collecting art I can play Fortunately, I make my money elsewhere. I've sold 9 pins so far and the ONLY pin I've made money on is MM. No joke.

I thought that just letting this beauty go was "paying it forward"...guess not.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Hmmmmm,
(I kiid, I kiiiid...)
I'll wait...

- "¡hola!"
Man,
Orrrrrr,
Love you guys!

sp32-20090206-181428.jpg 2 KB

Nice pin bump

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Brand new vs used. Good luck.

New vs. used? Have you looked at the pics? Game has zero wear or imperfections. Gameplay has been tweaked to perfection. I've had NIB Sterns with more issues right out of the box...and they almost always need tweaks to play perfectly...

Since I didn't do most of the customizations, I can't give you the list. I'm done talking about price...see previous post to NimblePin for any price related discussion.

#38 9 years ago

Sorry but you don't get 100% out of a used game and especially mods. That's insane . Nothing else works that way.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sorry but you don't get 100% out of a used game and especially mods. That's insane . Nothing else works that way.

Insane? Are you telling me you don't know collectors that shoot for breaking even?

You guys are a hoot...

#40 9 years ago

Ahhhh, it's a collectors piece not a game. Now I understand. In that case, good luck.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

One more point...the fact that "Nothing else works that way." is misguided. All depends on what you are collecting. Rare violins, rare cars, rare art, etc. all appreciate quite nicely.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ahhhh, it's a collectors piece not a game. Now I understand. In that case, good luck.

Glad you are enlightened. And yes, if these were "just games", why would anyone care about ANY aesthetics that don't effect gameplay? High-end restorations are like collectable art. PMD has an insane MB he's selling for 15k...collectable art you can play. I have one of his TOTAN restorations...if I just wanted a nice playing TOTAN, no reason to spring for the bling.

#43 9 years ago

I'm not here to debate, but here are some facts. I ordered an IMve from pinball refinery. Stock game, PBR standard touches, plus 90% of their upgrades is nearly the exact same price you have yours posted for. I have NO DOUBT it is a wonderful machine, but it's still used and I'm getting and brand new NIB one with more goodies than what yours boast. Just my .02

I do wish you luck and hope it finds a good new home soon.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I'm not here to debate, but here are some facts. I ordered an IMve from pinball refinery. Stock game, PBR standard touches, plus 90% of their upgrades is nearly the exact same price you have yours posted for. I have NO DOUBT it is a wonderful machine, but it's still used and I'm getting and brand new NIB one with more goodies than what yours boast. Just my .02
I do wish you luck and hope it finds a good new home soon.

I understand the thrill of getting a NIB pin and Pinball Refinery does great work...I'm sure you'll be happy it!

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That he does.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not in this thread he doesn't!

#48 9 years ago

SF&DD Edition
shipped , flipped & double dipped edition

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

who pays $300 for a topper?

Anyone who appreciates quality artwork.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-im-nplle-nimblepin-luxurious-limited-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.