Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0810141636 im armor1.jpg
0810141634 im armor2.jpg
41743.jpg
!cid__0319142046 im arnor.jpg
#1 10 years ago

have sets of im armor that i had powder coated. 2 step process. lockbar, lollipop side rails,hinges,legs, shooter houseing. will try to get better pics. tomorrow when i can do it in the daylight. can do 1 set with straight rail if prefered. 500.00 shipped in US.( shipping with ins is 50.00 to 55.00) will offer 120.00 refund if you send me you stock armor back(lockbar,legs,hinges,straight or lollipop rails, shooter houseing) 0810141634 im armor2.jpg0810141634 im armor2.jpg0810141636 im armor1.jpg0810141636 im armor1.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I want a Set BigLaw ..( Lollipop please , as Shown in Pict- ) I'm Try-n to get me another IM .. I have a 1 owner Tron Pro w/ 200 plays on the way as Trade

#3 10 years ago

BR you got 1 set. will bring to W-S auction.

#4 10 years ago

i'll take other please

#5 10 years ago

both sets SOLD pending payment. thanks.

4 weeks later
#6 10 years ago

I have 2 more sets of these if anyones interested. going to have them with me a W-S auction tomorrow the 19th.so if anyone wants to see or inspect them.

#7 10 years ago

I have straight side rails and want lollipop set. Price $450 with $100 refund? If so, I will buy.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Maddog:

I have straight side rails and want lollipop set. Price $450 with $100 refund? If so, I will buy

sent you a pm

#9 10 years ago

I am also interested.

#10 10 years ago

500.00 paypal as gift. or friends/family.(you pay fee) shipped in US. kit comes with lockbar, hinges, legs, lollipop siderails, shooter housing. send me your old armor hinges,lockbar,legs,shooter housing. straight or lollipop rails. will refund 120.00. no dints or dings. or will do as paypal purchase for 450.00.each set

#11 10 years ago

Do not have IM . Can you do something for 2008 SM . Just wondering . Thanks

#12 10 years ago

heres my spiderman I did in blue.its not the candy color its some what cheaper.41743.jpg41743.jpg

#13 10 years ago

both sets sold. but have armor if someone want a set I can get them done . takes about 4 days

2 months later
#14 9 years ago

I have more sets of armor candy red for IM. can bring to WS Auction June 21st ...500.00 paypal as gift. or friends/family.(you pay fee) shipped in US. kit comes with lockbar, hinges, legs, lollipop siderails, shooter housing and bolts. send me your old armor hinges,lockbar,legs,shooter housing. don't need straight rails. will refund 120.00. . no dints or dings or bent. or will do as paypal purchase for 450.00.each set

#15 9 years ago

Why is powder coating so high? That powder coat is like $14.00 a pound and will do many set's.

#16 9 years ago

I guess stripping material, sandblasting, cleaning . prepping, labor. electric bill for oven. would have to factor in. don't know iam not in the powder coat business. a buddy of mine does these.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Why is powder coating so high? That powder coat is like $14.00 a pound and will do many set's.

Because labor is free and the world is here to serve you.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Because labor is free and the world is here to serve you.

Yes that's a great reason to be high priced!

#19 9 years ago

I will take the set.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Because people's time and prep is worth something. And it seems priced well since all 3 sets sold instantly.

#21 9 years ago

If you wonder why something is high, then do it yourself. You will find the answer.

#22 9 years ago

Hi just missed out on this! If you can make up another lollipop set I would be interested. PM me if you can do it ! Thanks

#23 9 years ago

Got your PM and replied. Thanks!!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

If you wonder why something is high, then do it yourself. You will find the answer.

I do, do it myself. That's why I am trying to wrap my head around the pricing. FYI: My company does powder coat everyday, so I know what goes into it. I wasn't asking do it for free I was asking why so high? Let's don't turn it into brain surgery.

#25 9 years ago

actually i don't have any more old armor. so future sets will be 500.00 gift or friends/family (you pay fee) breakdown, new armor is a touch over 200.00 powder job is 260.00 (for candy colors.) shipping is 50.00 to 55.00 with insurance to buyer . will still do the refund deal on old armor. if i get/have old good armor i will adjust price accordingly. powder job includes. hinges, lockbar, lollipop siderails, legs, shooter housing, hinge bolts, leg bolts, 4 center siderail screws and front and rear of siderails

#26 9 years ago

Gorgeous! Saw a similar color on a late model Star Trek and it looks really cool!

#27 9 years ago

I'm in for the brand new set for $500. Thanks Biglaw. These look great!

1 month later
#28 9 years ago

got a few sets of these ready to ship. if anyones interested. these are the last ones iam going to have done in the candy red. prefer a outright sale. 500.00 shipped in US. paypay as gift or friend/family. (you pay fee). but I will refund 120.00 for returned stock armor with shooter housing .as long as theres no dints, dings, or not bent.

#29 9 years ago

Damn I paid a good bit more for mine. Hope someone gets these. Good deal.

#30 9 years ago

The stock black color on the new Vault Edition is looking better by the minute.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

The stock black color on the new Vault Edition is looking better by the minute.

Sure, if you want to go Pro. You gotta spring for the good stuff if you want an IMLE.

#32 9 years ago

these fit original IM. my understanding the IMVE has clasp type lockbar. the original IM have the lever type. I only have the lever type. not new style clasp lock bar

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

these fit original IM. my understanding the IMVE has clasp type lockbar. the original IM have the lever type. I only have the lever type. not new style clasp lock bar

Here is the correct lockdown bar receiver (or as Stern calls it "Front Molding Lockdown Asm")

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1285

Part 500-6881-00

I plan on swapping this onto my IMVE down the road when I get rails done.

#35 9 years ago

thanks for the info metahugh.

#36 9 years ago

I have 1 set left if anyones interested. fits original IM . lockbar is different than IMVE. but got a lockbar for IMVE coming. I can have done. so it can be used on IMVE. but will be a few days

#37 9 years ago

How do you think these would look on Mustang? I would need the latches type lock bar.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Because people's time and prep is worth something. And it seems priced well since all 3 sets sold instantly.

14 dollars a lb is cheap shit powder and it takes 4 lbs to do a full game. 2lbs for base color and then clear. More like 25 bucks a lb which brings you to 100 just for the powder alone then you have chem strip, iron oxide, acetone bath, gas bill, powder tape, etc. And that's before you factor in labor .

#39 9 years ago

This armor is awesome, and for the $ it's a no-brainer. How much are people paying Stern for Premium/LE armor? This is really nice too, just the right amount of metallic powder. Thanks biglaw - I now have an IMLE.

For anybody who's on the fence, the quality of work on these is great. I only had one problem - I cranked down too damned hard when tightening up a hinge, and broke a bolt. That was a pain in the ass, but totally my fault.

#40 9 years ago

last set sold pending payment. thanks swampfire.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

last set sold pending payment. thanks swampfire.

Can ya get more?

#42 9 years ago

yes can get more done . but price is going to be a little higher for candy colors. checking tomorrow for new price. also if someone prefers I can do stock straight rails instead of lollipop rails

2 weeks later
#43 9 years ago

I have 1 set of armor for IM original or you can get the lever lock bar assembly to use these on a IM vault. 500.00 paypal as gift or friend/family (you pay fee) shipped. also will take check or Money Order. comes with legs, lollipop side rails, hinge bolts. hinges, lollipop side rails, lock bar (lever type), shooter housing. SOLD!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

I have 1 set of armor for IM original or you can get the lever lock bar assembly to use these on a IM vault. 500.00 paypal as gift or friend/family (you pay fee) shipped. also will take check or Money Order. comes with legs, lollipop side rails, hinge bolts. hinges, lollipop side rails, lock bar (lever type), shooter housing.

These are just like the ones at the top of the post, candy red and the leg bolts correct. Sending PM

#45 9 years ago

yes and was able to get the front and rear siderail bolts with these. SOLD!

#47 9 years ago

Going on Mustang?

#48 9 years ago

You bet and I just put a red translucent apron on and waiting for new stickers from Stern and Gio to make me an under apron flasher set. This game is turning out like my Mustang car, not quite stock anymore.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-im-armor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.