Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bump_L.gif
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Nice overall condition Hurricane. Recently shopped out. Cabinet is about 60 percent faded. Has a couple dings but looks good. DMD is bright and clear, no lines out. Ramps look great. Plays with no issues. Can be picked up in Holyoke, Ma. Pics later this week.

Price is 1,250

#2 10 years ago

GLWS!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 10 years ago

I've never gotten a chance to play this pin, but it looks like fun. There was a nice one at auction a couple months ago, but it wasn't set on free play and the coinbox on either side wasn't registering properly. I think Sped66 and I probably wasted about $2 worth of quarters trying to get it to trigger to try it out and still left it with half a credit!

Anyway, from what I remember, the one at auction sold for at least this much if not slightly higher and you had almost 20% of fees on top, so this seems like a real fair price for someone looking for this machine.

#4 10 years ago

Promo video of it. It's at my friends house so I'm not currently able to create a youtube video of it. So for now hopefully this will suffice. The game is very underrated, and has a ton going on.

#5 10 years ago

How about 1,250? feel free to add more thumbs down

#6 10 years ago

Alas... the proverbial "wish you were closer".

#7 10 years ago

Good luck with the sale. Have a Hurricane myself and it's an awesome machine. Although I'm replacing the cabinet decals at the moment so it's not the most playable now.

#8 10 years ago

Was my first game and it is a fun one. Does not deserve the the hate that people throw its way, very family friendly and kids love it. Also I think your price is right on for what its worth.

#9 10 years ago

thumbs down must mean ''wish I had the money for it''

It's a fun pin when dialed in, great price here to boot! Best coaster pin imo

#10 10 years ago

very underrated game! would never part with mine..

people give it grief cuz it's very reliant on the one big ramp... but then, so is bride of pinbot and that game's great!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

but then, so is Bride of Pinbot and that game's great!

Exactly, how are you going to call Hurricane a one trick pony and then love BOP or something similar.

#12 10 years ago

GLWS.Bump.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Exactly, how are you going to call Hurricane a one trick pony and then love BOP or something similar.

Both games are crazy shallow compared to almost all other 90's B/W pins.
BoP has a few shining moments, whereas there is not much on a Hurricane that I want to do.

Metamorphisis is fantastic, the lights, the sounds - arguably the best show in system 11.
And spinning the big wheel and getting billions is fun - at least for a few games.
The sounds on BoP are awesome and the lower playfield loops are fun.
It goes without saying that BoP is really all about the left ramp.
So not much to do, but what's there is pretty fun, albeit very simple and repetitive.

Hurricane is all about the right ramp. But it lacks the dazzling effects and great sounds of BoP. Getting Palace is okay, but for as heavily dependent on the ramp as the game is, the jackpot shoud put on a memorable show. Unfortunately it doesn't.

Clown time? Well, it is better than no modes I guess.

Playing Hurricane makes me long to play cyclone.

#14 10 years ago

Our first pin. I had a minty one. Sold it a few years ago ... and still catch grief from the wife and daughter. I'd pay $1200+ for a minty one again. They don't come up too often.

1 week later
#15 10 years ago

BUMP

bump_L.gifbump_L.gif

#16 10 years ago

My thumbs down was an accident. Good price and good luck with the sale

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 40.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-hurricane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.