X_Men_LE_Wolverine_014.JPG
X_Men_LE_Wolverine_011.JPG
X_Men_LE_Wolverine_006.JPG
X_Men_LE_Wolverine_023.JPG
X_Men_LE_Wolverine_018.JPG
X_Men_LE_Wolverine_005.JPG
X_Men_LE_Wolverine_004.JPG
images.jpeg
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from robbiev:

Cool! I hope BR likes X-Men!

My prediction is he mods the hell out of it and sells it within 2 months

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

My prediction is he mods the hell out of it and sells it within 2 months

Comes with LEDs already and powder coated rails, the 2 mods that BR likes to do most. He could put Hemi's mods in, or new posts I guess. Probably more likely he will just play the hell out for a while.

#103 11 years ago

No way BR likes this game, it's too hard for him.... even if he sets it to 10 balls.

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Comes with LEDs already

I wonder if B_R already knows that. Play and flip probably in this case.

#105 11 years ago

new this would turn ugly eventually....suprised sellor got no crap...close call.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

new this would turn ugly eventually....suprised sellor got no crap...close call.

LOL! This was a entertaining super fast sale on pinside that was interesting to follow. You see unlike you he gave full disclosure and than did not go back and erase all his pics and posts like a dog with it's tail between it's legs running. You should make a post apologizing for your immature for sale post and beg for internet forgiveness (sarcasm).

I want a video of B_R playing this one after a few drinks, should be entertaining to say the least with all the tight shots.

Cobray no amount of code or tweaking to Wolverine in the world will make the beast shot or professor less tight than they are. The magneto magnet was just to unpredictable to be fun for me at least. If I was a ace player I bet X-men would be a favorite, really taught me about the value of playing a game before buying it. Videos will not tell you if you like a game despite how cool it looks. Don't miss it as much as I though I would.

Congrats on the sale and to those pining for that extra 500 sure seems over and over lately the LE is worth closer to 5k if you actually want to sell the sucker maybe a few 100 more for Wolverine. No doubt stern lowered the value and more importantly worth to many when they brought our "new and improved" code.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Congrats on the sale and to those pining for that extra 500 sure seems over and over lately the LE is worth closer to 5k if you actually want to sell the sucker maybe a few 100 more for Wolverine.

...and it took all of 7 hours to sell. I think the seller could have got his asking price of $5500 if he would have let it set for a couple of days or maybe by just waiting until midnight of 2/11/13.

Anyway...it was entertaining to see it go down. I'm glad the seller and buyer both got what they were looking for.

#108 11 years ago

XM could be a pretty good game, I like it a lot more the last time I played it on location.

Shots are tight, but who wants to hit easy shots all the time?

I could see a Pro somewhere in my future..

#109 11 years ago

XM get's No Respect !! Dam , after read-n all of this after 9 hr's , Rob would you Buy it back

I dealt w/ Rob on my TZ , buying his mod's ,, I also Hooked him up w/ a TAF in 2010 for a Killer

Price .. He still has it ,, Yea , I'm gonna play XM LE for a while then Trade or Sell it , I want to Own

and Play'm All .. I have a video load-n on Y-Tube at Rob's Pad , Prutty

cool ,, Stay Tuned ... 5:34 am , Nap tyme ..... later

X_Men_LE_Wolverine_004.JPGX_Men_LE_Wolverine_004.JPG X_Men_LE_Wolverine_005.JPGX_Men_LE_Wolverine_005.JPG X_Men_LE_Wolverine_018.JPGX_Men_LE_Wolverine_018.JPG X_Men_LE_Wolverine_023.JPGX_Men_LE_Wolverine_023.JPG // Error: Image 73582 not found // X_Men_LE_Wolverine_006.JPGX_Men_LE_Wolverine_006.JPG

#110 11 years ago

BR, once again you found a great value. LE for 20% less than most people paid. Same handful of haters , obviously most of us like the game. always better to pay 20%. Less for a new LE than 75% more as some are doing on others.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

BR, once again you found a great value. LE for 20% less than most people paid. Same handful of haters , obviously most of us like the game. always better to pay 20%. Less for a new LE than 75% more as some are doing on others.

Well said ,, It's like dajavou ( spell check ) .. Here's a video I took last-nite .. I did get 2 hr's of sleep a bit ago .. Check out All of his Topper's , I almost bought the TAF Topper ( Not fester ) but he did offer me the Wired Lighted Big Fester Topper for my 44 Super Red Hawk . I couldn't ..

X_Men_LE_Wolverine_011.JPGX_Men_LE_Wolverine_011.JPG X_Men_LE_Wolverine_014.JPGX_Men_LE_Wolverine_014.JPG X_Men_LE_Wolverine_020.JPGX_Men_LE_Wolverine_020.JPG

#112 11 years ago

BLACK_ROSE, What code does the Wolverine have on it? I didn't know if it had been updated and I'm still hoping to luck into someone that has 1.0 software.

Thanks for the video, pics and doing your part on this interesting FS thread.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Then you obviously either did bother to read the thread in full or you just plain can't read.
A. The game was already sold when I commented.
B. I said nothing derogatory about the game.

I can't read but I can type and presumably write? I am in aww of your big brain and shiver at the thought of an IQ test face off against you.

I'm guessing your going to say what you said to me is not derogatory either . . . you haven't even contributed one dollar to this site, you don't belong here.

#114 11 years ago

Congrats B_R! You're gonna love it!

#115 11 years ago

BLACK_ROSE, What code does the Wolverine have on it? I didn't know if it had been updated and I'm still hoping to luck into someone that has 1.0 software.
Thanks for the video, pics and doing your part on this interesting FS thread.

Rob up-dated the Pin a Few weeks ago to V1.23

Congrats B_R! You're gonna love it!

Ohh_Yea_!!.gifOhh_Yea_!!.gif

#116 11 years ago

XMen is a great game, will be better when we get that thing from stern, with all the 0001110110101101's

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Thanks for the info. I figure the chance of finding 1.0 is long gone.

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Thanks for the info. I figure the chance of finding 1.0 is long gone.

You can't download it from Sterns Web Page ?

#119 11 years ago

How you like it B_R ? It was my first NIB except for BBB so I think I may always have the Wow factor on this title.

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Nice meeting you BR! Thanks for the vid!

He goes BIG!

Big truck

Big country boy

Big Ass 44 (fully loaded)

Big stack of cash

No “political correctness” BS with BR

A smooth transaction...
I forgot to offer BR a beer…what a douche I am!

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Listen, it's not the code. The reason guys are dumping is because of the game. I've talked to 5-6 sellers on PM and they all agree that it doesn't matter what happens with the code.
I'm not saying everyone feels like this. I'm just letting you know where many seller's heads are at.

I know it's very broken record at this point - but - I still don't get that. ALL the problems are with the code. Physically, it's THE package. When I look at the game - it's kind of a "best of". It's a Lawlor-ish design (it's a bit Addams-ish with a hint of Gofers), but with Ritchie speed and flow, Williams quality art & dots, and more modes than pretty much any game ever. Bugs, lack of nuance/combos, and quite frankly - Stern's lack of communication is making it more of a bummer than it needs to be.

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

You can't download it from Sterns Web Page ?

No, Stern only keeps the latest official software code of any game on their site.

#123 11 years ago

I've got one...here you go:

images.jpgimages.jpg

#124 11 years ago

Funny, Rob was camera shy but you snuck his reflection in at 1:42

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know it's very broken record at this point - but - I still don't get that. ALL the problems are with the code. Physically, it's THE package. When I look at the game - it's kind of a "best of". It's a Lawlor-ish design (it's a bit Addams-ish with a hint of Gofers), but with Ritchie speed and flow, Williams quality art & dots, and more modes than pretty much any game ever. Bugs, lack of nuance/combos, and quite frankly - Stern's lack of communication is making it more of a bummer than it needs to be.

Simplify it for you-

Every game has people that don't like it for one reason or another.

Some people don't like the way it flows...Rob T as an example.

Some people don't like super heroes, or are tired of too many super hero pins, or just hate theme...

Some people don't like the tight shots and like things more open... Starbase

Some people don't like the crap they had to go through with the Aux. board and got turned off from the game by having it down for so long...

Most people like you and I are waiting for code and are pissed by the lack of communication, but I totally understand why people might not like the game. Everything you said is true, and I feel it is teetering on being a great pin with new code, but everybody that doesn't like it has legit reasons. I can't argue with their points, and they aren't going to change my opinion on flow, shots, modes, theme, and art.

BR got it for such a great price, he had to pull the trigger.

#126 11 years ago

BR- It was a real pleasure watching you work!

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Some people don't like super heroes, or are tired of too many super hero pins, or just hate theme...

Quoted from jimjim66:

but everybody that doesn't like it has legit reasons.

Who doesnt like superheroes or hates the theme? That just sounds crazy!!

#128 11 years ago

Great buy and sensible to buy before the next code update

Personally I would never buy a used Stern for more than NIB price. Would rather miss it than pay an inflated price for the pleasure of getting second hand games with hundreds of plays

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Listen, it's not the code. The reason guys are dumping is because of the game. I've talked to 5-6 sellers on PM and they all agree that it doesn't matter what happens with the code.

amen, dump it now!!!

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Personally I would never buy a used Stern for more than NIB price.

X-men really burnt a lot of NIB customers. They marketed it to homeowners, but didn't get it that collectors are a very anal bunch. Collectors like mint aesthetics looking machines, with polished code and features that are heads and shoulders above the regular version. Econ 101: know your market. Collectors are not going to eat crappy code. If you pay more, you should expect more.

Many people saw the "Power" pack as weak sauce and think Stern is not going to fix things. They are done and want to cash out on whatever is left on the bone to get something else as there are more options than ever before and people aren't patient.

#132 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

How you like it B_R ? It was my first NIB except for BBB so I think I may always have the Wow factor on this title.

2 hr's sleep in 40 hr's now , I've play'd maybe 10 games ,, I'm Gonna Try and Learn the shot's and figure out what to do .. Hell it tOOk me 2 yr's to figure out BSD .. I'm Just having Fun !!

Quoted from robbiev:

Nice meeting you BR! Thanks for the vid!
He goes BIG!
Big truck
Big country boy
Big Ass 44 (fully loaded)
Big stack of cash
No “political correctness” BS with BR
A smooth transaction...

No Problem on the Beer , being in Va ( out of State ) w/ a loaded gun , Pocket full of Blue's , the last thing I need'd was for a Cop to smell alcohol on my breath .. Be Cool Rob , I'll keep in touch w/ Ya bro .. I wish I did get that TAF Limousine now ,,

Shanetastic should be drop'n by , he has the Pro , he can School me on the Game Play !!!

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

No Problem on the Beer , being in Va ( out of State ) w/ a loaded gun , Pocket full of Blue's , the last thing I need'd was for a Cop to smell alcohol on my breath .. Be Cool Rob , I'll keep in touch w/ Ya bro .. I wish I did get that TAF Limousine now ,,
Shanetastic should be drop'n by , he has the Pro , he can School me on the Game Play !!!

No problem on the gun BR.....unless you don't have a permit in the first place.

States that have reciprocity with North Carolina:
AK*, AL, AZ, AR, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT*, WA,
WI, WV, WY

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

X-men really burnt a lot of NIB customers. They marketed it to homeowners, but didn't get it that collectors are a very anal bunch. Collectors like mint aesthetics looking machines, with polished code and features that are heads and shoulders above the regular version. Econ 101: know your market. Collectors are not going to eat crappy code. If you pay more, you should expect more.
Many people saw the "Power" pack as weak sauce and think Stern is not going to fix things. They are done and want to cash out on whatever is left on the bone to get something else as there are more options than ever before and people aren't patient.

This could have been written about TFLE. At this point I don't blame Stern as they are consistent in how they handle their game releases. Until people change their spending habits there is no reason for Stern to change how they sell.

#135 11 years ago

Stern just laughed this all off as they will probably deliver Star Trek before WOZ gets shipped.....

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Would rather miss it than pay an inflated price for the pleasure of getting second hand games with hundreds of plays

Man, after a few hundred plays I just burn my games. All used up at that point.

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Funny, Rob was camera shy but you snuck his reflection in at 1:42

I noticed that too ,, He's under a Witness Protection Plan , Dam i need to edit that ..

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I noticed that too ,, He under a Witness Protection Plan , Dam i need to edit that ..

That’s ok BR, they’ll never notice its me with my shaved head....used to be an afro!

#139 11 years ago

Br, nice buy. I have your games evil twin ( magneto 187).. Love the game and theme , but can't help but be envious of the deal you just made. Until you sell to fund your next acquisition, enjoy the game and look forward to your always brutally honest take on game play.

#140 11 years ago

Let me paint you're figures for you BR. Night and day bro.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#141 11 years ago

lOOk's like you have Extra's ,, How much for a Trade in .. Or the paint job ?

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Let me paint you're figures for you BR. Night and day bro.

I can vouch for Zdoor, he did a set for me and they turned out great.

#143 11 years ago

$125 shipped and you send me your figures. I ship as soon as you tell me yours are shipped. I don't swap modded wolvie figures though. Too much variation from mod job to mod job.

#144 11 years ago

Hmmm ,, $ 125.00 could be a F. Fidelity speaker kit .. I'll think about it ..

#145 11 years ago

Let me know. I'd love to do a set or you. It's not cheap but it takes a lot of time to do. You won't be disappointed....

#146 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

It's not cheap but it takes a lot of time to do.

Are these the only figures that you paint?

#147 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Are these the only figures that you paint?

No. I will do others. What do you have?

1 week later
#148 11 years ago

Update to the thread, I now own this Xmen LE. I lost in the bidding process but still got the pin. I did not own an Xmen and wanted to give the pin a second chance. Black Rose traded me this Xmen for the Iron Man I purchased from Bill in MI. I do think its fun to see where these pins travel to and from. I think its headed to Ohio if the kids dont like it. We are walking over to play it some now. The pin sure is pretty, the blue looks so good. I have ordered a FF speaker kit in case I keep it.

#149 11 years ago

Enjoy it Buddy !!! It still has Less than 100 Total play's .. I'm Loving IM !! Thank You for keeping Yr word ...

#150 11 years ago

I love the TOM topper where did you get that? Is it for sale?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-x-men-le-187-in-va/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.