Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by flipnout1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

F.S. HUO WMS Fire. I just picked this up from the original owner I sold it to back in 1987. The good: original home use only from Dec '87 until 2/14/13 never been moved, non-smoking home, no pets, nice condition, original receipt. The bad: the owner drilled out the lock on top of the head to remove the bell. He couldn't find the key and made the lock hole about 2" larger than it was. It needs a set of rubber rings. Cabinet has a few minor nicks. I'm either going to sell this right away for $2300 or fix it up and hang on to it for a while. email: [email protected]

#2 9 years ago

good game...$2300 is this the limited edition?

#3 9 years ago

No, it's the standard edition.

#4 9 years ago

I would say that the hole ruins it for HUO,, HUO but has no keys to the backbox??? How do you drill out a lock and make the hole 2" larger then what it was?? You want 2300 for a hole in the cabinet and it needs a fresh set of rubs and a shop job if the rubbers are being replaced(shop job). If the guy that owned it last, had drilled that hole in the BB, I would just imagine what else he has done to it. Way over priced, Try fixing it first and then demand stupid money for it.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I would say that the hole ruins it for HUO,, HUO but has no keys to the backbox??? How do you drill out a lock and make the hole 2" larger then what it was?? You want 2300 for a hole in the cabinet and it needs a fresh set of rubs and a shop job if the rubbers are being replaced(shop job). If the guy that owned it last, had drilled that hole in the BB, I would just imagine what else he has done to it. Way over priced, Try fixing it first and then demand stupid money for it.

What does "ruins it for HUO" mean? If the game was only used in a home but it was lit on fire and comes as a bucket of ashes it's still HUO. This is why only an ignorant buyer will see HUO and think he knows something about the game.

#6 9 years ago

$2300 for a WMS Fire!?!?!?! WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!

#7 9 years ago

Knock $1000 and we could talk. Thats a lot for a standard Fire.

#8 9 years ago

You guys are aholes. That's a good price if it looks HUO.

#9 9 years ago

(I'm either going to sell this right away for $2300 or fix it up and hang on to it for a while.)

Hang onto it. It'll appreciate in value so you can get the cash you're asking for.

#10 9 years ago

i was waiting for the guy to take a beating..... tada

he wants $2300 for a HUO... fine, dont want it - dont bother him. Not that i want it or not but i am a looker at all the game prices going on from CL/eBay/Pin groups... and to me its right in line for a HUO pretty neat game.

Good luck with your sale Phil

#11 9 years ago

Hey, that's cool you got a HUO System 11. Getting pretty rare to see those come up for sale!

#12 9 years ago

You guys are very mean spirited, anonymously putting down others. So is $20,000 for a MM a more reasonable deal????

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

You guys are very mean spirited, anonymously putting down others. So is $20,000 for a MM a more reasonable deal????

No that is double the going rate also...and I have noticed the guys on here can be pretty hard on any HUO claims....I have learned to not say HUO unless it is very few plays and taking care of 100%

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

No that is double the going rate also...and I have noticed the guys on here can be pretty hard on any HUO claims....I have learned to not say HUO unless it is very few plays and taking care of 100%

Or you could call it HUO and actually post pictures to validate your point and sale.

2 weeks later
#15 9 years ago

Price dropped to $1900.

#16 9 years ago

I think the price is good if it wasn't for the drilled hole 2" bigger is a lot. I would have bought it in a heart beat. But the hole ruins it for me darn it.

#17 9 years ago

Where are the pics?

#18 9 years ago

Phil is a good guy to deal with on games. I've been dealing with him for many, many years and he has always treated me fairly. If you don't like his prices, move on. He has been in this business for a very long time with a retail shop and now on his own. He also does quality repair work in the area.

Kitch

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!