• Latest reply 10 years ago by whisper
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pool_fart.gif
it_s_not_complicated.jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Price drop $5000.00

HUO Simpson's Pinball Party

I am the original - 326 Total plays on it.
All original, no LED's.
Looks like new.
Comes from a pet free/smoke free home.
Side rails with flipper protection all stock.
Everything works perfect.
Sticker on back says it was made 12/30/2009.
Came with updated roms.
Only mark on the machine WAS a 2" scratch where Mayor Quimby is
on the right side of the machine. Scratch was repaired perfectly, very hard to see.

Lots of pictures, also have some pictures posted on market place
have any questions...let me know..

$5000.00 firm, trying to buy another machine or two.

#2 11 years ago

FWIW...I just bought a perfect in every way (cant imagine a NIB pin looking any better), one owner HUO TSPP a couple months ago for $4500.

#3 11 years ago

yeah this price is pretty freaking high

#4 11 years ago

Wish I was closer

#5 11 years ago

Wish I was farther (Oh wait, I am)

#6 11 years ago

Seems like word has been getting around that there are pinsiders who don't mind paying out the wazoo for machines. This is like the fourth post in two days of someone with sub 1000 karma points selling a machine for way over what it's worth. We really need to quit feeding the fire around here as a collective...

#7 11 years ago

Well he's trying to sell a TS for $3900 too, so maybe he's just adding $1k to normal prices.

And I don't mean to be dickish in these threads, but really, you can't come in here posting too-high prices and not get called on it, save that for suckers on eBay.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Flake49:

FWIW...I just bought a perfect in every way (cant imagine a NIB pin looking any better), one owner HUO TSPP a couple months ago for $4500.

These are going for between 4200-4500 huo!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

326 Total plays on it.

If this this accurate, then it commands a premium of some amount.
Plus it is a 2009, a later version. (Nearly 2010, based on date! 12/30/2009)
In fact, I'll go on record to say that this may be the BEST Stock TSPP available anywhere!

#10 11 years ago

Were side rails with flipper protection ever stock on TSPP?

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

Were side rails with flipper protection ever stock on TSPP?

no

#12 11 years ago

Didn't think so.

#13 11 years ago

10k by Christmas!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

In fact, I'll go on record to say that this may be the BEST Stock TSPP available anywhere!

Too many made. Too many huo, too many come up for sale.326 plays,he's telling the truth.it doesn't matter, that don't sell for this price! Close to nib price. If it were me I would go the eBay route , but then there will be fees to pay

#15 11 years ago

Just curious, how can you prove it only has 326 plays? Can't the counter be reset if you change batteries or roms? Or is it somehow burned into memory?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

You also said the stock LOTR the OP had for sale a month ago at 6k was a fair deal. And you own one of those also. Im sure it's just a coincidence.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Close to nib price.

It's almost double the original NIB price.

#18 11 years ago

For me, it's too cheap. I think they usually go for double of his asking price. You guys should jump on this.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just curious, how can you prove it only has 326 plays? Can't the counter be reset if you change batteries or roms? Or is it somehow burned into memory?

Yea, it can be reset. Every time you install updated code as well. These are classics on ebay right now

A 20 play HUO Spiderman Black for 10.5k (and two crappy pictures)

ebay.com link: Spiderman Black LE

A 29 play Batman Dark Knight for 6k (oh yea, 2 more crappy pictures)

ebay.com link: Batman The Black Knight Stern HUO

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You also said the stock LOTR the OP had for sale a month ago at 6k was a fair deal. And you own one of those also. Im sure it's just a coincidence.

What price did I say THIS pin was worth? Hint: No price given by me.

#21 11 years ago

That's what I thought. Next question, why bother stating number of plays? Is it fraud if you claim it, and it's not? Hard to prove either way, but no way a machine set up in someone's house has 20-29 plays.

#22 11 years ago

What did gas cost in 2003? Answer: It does not matter because it is 2013.

#23 11 years ago

Let's not derail this gentleman's for sale thread.

#24 11 years ago

Why does every FS thread have at least one or two guys saying "wish I was closer", regardless of price, and regardless of their interest (or lack thereof) in buying the pin? Is it just for Karma points? Is there an ongoing joke that I missed?

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Why does every FS thread have at least one or two guys saying "wish I was closer", regardless of price, and regardless of their interest (or lack thereof) in buying the pin? Is it just for Karma points? Is there an ongoing joke that I missed?

It's a bit of sarcasm...

Bazinga!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Let's not derail this gentleman's for sale thread.

You're right. Let's keep the price pumping to LOTR ads. See you there.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well he's trying to sell a TS for $3900 too, so maybe he's just adding $1k to normal prices.
And I don't mean to be dickish in these threads, but really, you can't come in here posting too-high prices and not get called on it, save that for suckers on eBay.

ebay.com link: Vintage Rack em up Pinball Machine WORKS RARE Billiard Pool Arcade Game Gottlieb

This is obviously a great buy.

#28 11 years ago

Some advice for the seller. Understand, you are new and truly you are going to find (like I have) that this is all about "are you in the PINSIDE click or not". They don't attack each other and us "newbies" are fair game so don't let it bother you I sure don't.

As for you game. I bought a mint HUO TSPP for a little less then $4,500 but it was a package deal with a decent IJ (which another pinsider told me to get for him) and the guy after I got there threw in an HUO (really nice) Rocky and Bullwinkle for $1,350 and it is really nice. I did my research and a really nice HUO TSPP is approximately $4,500 (some get it a little cheaper some pay a little more). I know a pinsider who sold one last year for over $5K so you never know. Of course they would not call him out because he has been around for awhile.

If you price it around $4,500 it will most likely go. If you want over that try Mr. Pinball classifieds or Ebay or even Craigslist and you may get lucky for someone local.

What these guys don't get is NOT EVERYONE even knows of pinside and every machine I bought with the exception of one was from someone outside of Pinside (even though I did do two trades with pinsiders....there are a lot of nice people on here but just as many jerks in my opinion).

So hang in there. ALL PINSIDERS give pretty good advice but some don't use the best delivery technique.....and none like any NEWBIE thinking they know more then they do because that is impossible so always keep that in mind. Pinball is "rocket science" so learning proper pricing has to take many, many years and us NEWBIES can't pick that up in months so keep that in mind at all times.....good luck to you !!!

#29 11 years ago

The reason is why people often react to for sale ads is because they are not as innocuous as many people would have you believe. "If you don't like the price, then don't buy it" some people say, in an attempt to educate those who threaten to derail a for sale thread. But we are not just spectators here, watching someone's for sale ad attempt to appeal to somebody else. These for sale ads are for us...they are intended for us. And when someone attempts to entice you into a sale with what you consider to be an unreasonable price, then it can certainly be insulting to some people.

If someone shows up to your door and offers to sell you a pencil for $5, you would have a hard time biting your tongue. You would likely say, "dude, do you think I'm an idiot ? I get my pencils for 12 cents." You probably wouldn't just say "no thanks" and send him off to your neighbour. If you think a price is unreasonable, it is natural to conclude that the seller is hoping you are gullible enough to not find it unreasonable.

Sellers are just going to have to expect a certain amount of backlash. The fact that some sellers get personally offended by some of the responses is proof that asking someone to pay x dollars for something is not a completely objective, harmless endeavor. It is an activity full of judgement, expectation and emotion. Be prepared to deal with it.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

HUO Simpson's Pinball Party
I am the original - 326 Total plays on it.
All original, no LED's.
Looks like new.
Comes from a pet free/smoke free home.
Side rails with flipper protection all stock.
Everything works perfect.
Sticker on back says it was made 12/30/2009.
Came with updated roms.
Only mark on the machine WAS a 2" scratch where Mayor Quimby is
on the right side of the machine. Scratch was repaired perfectly, very hard to see.
Lots of pictures, also have some pictures posted on market place
have any questions...let me know..
$5700.00 firm, trying to buy another machine or two.

TSPP is probably sterns most aviable pin out there... There is no rarity in it. LOL at the guy who pay over 4500 for an extra minty super HUO one...

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You're right. Let's keep the price pumping to LOTR ads. See you there.

Yep lots of great infos on this forum from knowleageble guys here but the Price pumping/chearleading is pathetic.

#32 11 years ago

I would never sell on Pinside myself. Just for this reason to be honest. The way I see it I got the majority of my pins from outside Pinside so why do I need to sell on Pinside.

I put an ad up on Mr. Pinball Classifieds for my TZ and I got so many responses. It was in decent shape and I wanted $4,500 (I ended up trading it to a really nice pinsider for a nice SS). I must have gotten 4-5 very serious inquiries from really nice people.

My point....Mr. Pinball classifieds gives you a larger audience then PINSIDE (trust me all the pinsiders check Craigslist, EBAY, Mr. Pinball classifieds to they will fine you anyway and you get to reach the non-pinsiders which is a good thing as well......I assure you there are many people buying/selling who don't even look at pinside so why subject yourself to the ABUSE I know I don't plan to anymore....just for this reason.

Again, just tell them their NIB's when opened should be worth 85% (and yes I have a NIB that I have opened...AC/DC premium and I don't care if it is worth 85% after I opened it because I sure don't ever expect to sell it within 3-6 months like so many pinsiders are doing.....I will keep it many years....so it being worth $1K less after I opened it doesn't bother me one bit as I love the Band and love the pin.....I don't even know what half these people were thinking and I AM THE NEWBIE on here but I assure you the chances of me buying a NIB and deciding I don't like it our like 0% and they all give us NEWBIES GRIEF.....I laugh at some of the "so called pinball veterans"......who buys NIB's and doesn't even know if they like the game yet and they don't call it SPECULATING when some of them have done it numerous times !!!

#33 11 years ago

Sellers with good prices don't get any backlash. Sellers with horrible price get backlash. You are posting a game for sale in a discussion forum, there is going to be discussion. It's not rocket science.

Quoted from schmoo:

Sellers are just going to have to expect a certain amount of backlash.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

If you think a price is unreasonable, it is natural to conclude that the seller is hoping you are gullible enough to not find it unreasonable.

Sellers are just going to have to expect a certain amount of backlash. The fact that some sellers get personally offended by some of the responses is proof that asking someone to pay x dollars for something is not a completely objective, harmless endeavor. It is an activity full of judgement, expectation and emotion. Be prepared to deal with it.

Pretty simple.....

#35 11 years ago

Try posting that a HULK LE is worth what an X-MEN LE is worth around $5K and see how they all respond. They love to give the "backlash" but when they are asking more then what the games have been selling for they can't take it.

The problem I have is they give people grief and a lot of "newbies" truly don't know so when they post a high price they quote every possible sale. However, every sale on these NIB LE games (that a lot of pinside "veterans" got caught on) sell for $5K (like some X-MEN have done and Avengers will soon be) then their asking prices of $6K are "reasonable" because of what they paid.

PAID PRICE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING. Period....goes for older games and NIB games so BASH THIS POOR GUY but then lets make sure it is a "two way street" because I assure you when you bash the "old timers" (which few have the guts to do) they respond with a vengeance and then "the newbie" is the bad guy because you shouldn't discuss prices they say on a FS forum.

So what is it.....should you discuss them or shouldn't you....can't have it both ways. I get bashed everytime I comment on an LE FS that the price is high based on recent sales (which is fact) and they have bashed 2 newbies tonight for posting higher pricing and it is fine.

Maybe I feel sorry for these guys.....most pinsiders can dish it out but when it is their "pocket book" they can't take it.....again, NIB's should be worth 85% of what they sold for when the boxi is open and they sell them 3-6 months later....goes for METALLICA LE as well unless PICASSO came back from the dead and painted the cabinets then it should APPRECIATE !!!

#36 11 years ago

I paid 2200 for my tspp with under 50 plays...it was 7 days old and they still had the box. It was in 2003 so start subtracting for age depreciation.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

when you bash the "old timers" (which few have the guts to do)

You are way too caught up in this idea that karma or forum age means anything. It's a forum. Your membership here has jack shit to do with your knowledge, your pinball experience, or how long you've even been using the internet. Get over it. "Old timers" don't get this treatment because they know better than to arbitrarily tack a thousand dollars onto a price, and nothing else.

#38 11 years ago

I have said this once and I will say it again. If a pin doesn't sell it is most likely overpriced. Period. So I strongly disagree with what you are saying. The difference is when a lot of the "old timers" don't sell their pins (especially the newer LE's) they use many excuses "people don't have the money because they are buying Metallica, WOZ, AC/DC or saving for the new Star Trek".

I GUARANTEE let their be a MINT MM put on here for $8K and you would see it sell 30 times within a day !!! So to my point, if any game is priced "right" (or cheaply) it sells. When I see X-MEN and Avengers being asked a price over $6K all you hear is "birds chirping" and a lot of "excuses" so that is my main issue with this board.

If something doesn't sell or get "any action" the price is MOST LIKELY high and really the lack of action on the board will tell any SELLER this is the case. They don't need to be taken to the WOODSHED and lashed out. If we all agree that is appropriate so be it then the next time I call someone out on trying to sell their LE's for more then 90% of their original value after they played them for 3-6 months and get "that is inappropriate" then I will refer them to all the posts where EVERYONE SAYS IT IS APPROPRIATE to "price police". People need to make up their mind....either it is or it isn't (shouldn't be the game posted or the people who post it). Trust me, some people on here would not say BOO to "certain people" so lets call it what it is.

#39 11 years ago

Simple economics,
Well priced games sell,
Overpriced games don't.
But if you ask a price that is not in line with the market, expect some backlash.
It's not personal.

LIBATIONS for EVERYBODY!

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It's the new special underground double secret Shaazam

"GLWTS, Wish I was closer, I'd never sell mine for that low price, buy with confidence, $10k by Christmas, Wait till the code update" & etc (in certain threads) translate to a Kenny Powers "forget" this guy.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=De7rbB2bteE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDe7rbB2bteE

#41 11 years ago

Basically, what they are saying is "please sell so I don't have to admit that the same exact game I have is worth less then what you are asking".

Market dictates and especially on this board. These guys would buy 10 of the same game if the price they felt was a "bargain". I am sure they would find the funds for 10 MM's at $5K in mint condition !!! No doubt and they would drive 500 miles to boot and rent a trailer so please just ignore their "if I was closer" or "what a great deal on that game"...I have yet to see a bargain last more then a day. A good friend of mine sold his last pin on here this week and it took less then 6 hours !!! Why....because he priced it right and the person is driving a nice distance to pick it up.

I just drove 8 hours round trip for a BARGAIN and I have heard stories of people driving 20 hours round trip for a GREAT DEAL and there is always shipping.....about $350 or so NAVL so how great a deal can it be if it doesn't pay to ship......best case $200-$300 underpriced but not exactly a SMOKIN DEAL or they would just have it shipped to them.

Many motives in this Forum. Plus, you have "long time clicks and friends from the same area protect each others interest" as you will see often. But again, a lot of people on here have cash and would buy anything at the right price....I KNOW I WOULD....I would buy 20 MM's at $5K in MINT CONDITION in a NY MINUTE and pick them up so quick as would so many people that post on here.

The people on this board are VERY SMART and know their prices !!

#42 11 years ago

Someone teach houseofpin the secret handshake.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

For me, it's too cheap. I think they usually go for double of his asking price. You guys should jump on this.

Well played.

#44 11 years ago

Hello to all. I just want to respond to some of the banter that goes on when you put yourself in the forum. I do listen to the critics, I take positive from the constructive cristicism and would like to thank the defenders, none of them who I know. I know there are people on here who feel compelled to comment, to trump every comment. Some of these people are OCD's (you know who you are). I have a neighbor who thinks he is the mayor of the block. Everybody knows one. I am just a guy trying to sell a couple of machines probably more then what they are worth it seems. I do know that pinball machines appreciate or depreciate depending on condition or supply and demand. I know I will have to adjust the price depending on the responces I get.....I just wanted to say I am a man of my word, that is the original amount of plays on the machine and it did come with the flipper button protected siderails on it when I bought it. It does have a sticker on the back saying it was made in 12/2009. I did not know that Stern was still making runs of them being that they were starting to be made back in 2003.
I would like to hear from someone who bought one NIB with the same siderails on it like mine, or maybe someone from Stern reading this can vouch for me. I only have family and some close friends that can vouch for me as far as my word, unfortunately no one on here.
I know am not the smartest guy on the block, I even had to look some words up to see how to spell them, and probably still made some errors. Keep the hits coming, it is all good. I know there people out there who can buy anything at any price, or sell a machine and take a loss, and people who love a bargin, who doesn't. Everyones situation is different, and it is true that someone posted, it all depends on where you live. Taxes, car insurance, gas, etc..change from state to state. One day I will get out of NY, just not yet.
Thanks for letting me vent....I feel better..

P.S. Want to see a good/sad movie watch "Bully"

#45 11 years ago

I have a TSPP that I purchased NIB, with a production date of 12/30/2009. It did not have Stern siderails with the flipper button protectors installed when I pulled it out of the box...

#46 11 years ago

Is it possible that maybe you were able to request the flipper button side rails when you ordered a pin from Stern? Do they accept requests or is it just production run and no burger king special orders?

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

I would like to hear from someone who bought one NIB with the same siderails on it like mine, or maybe someone from Stern reading this can vouch for me.

which distributor did you purchase from? do you have the receipt?

#48 11 years ago

Yeah I would say the receipt would be very helpful here and hey bro the price is whatever you think it is worth. So good luck with the sale

#49 11 years ago

I paid top dollar for the last run TSPP that I picked up new in box. $4900 for my holy grail title after they had been out of production for almost a year was well worth the price. Then again, it's never leaving my collection!! Good luck with the sale...

#50 11 years ago

Sellers with good prices don't get any backlash. Sellers with horrible price get backlash. You are posting a game for sale in a discussion forum, there is going to be discussion. It's not rocket science.

it_s_not_complicated.jpgit_s_not_complicated.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-tspp-326-original-plays-on-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.