(Topic ID: 18200)

FS: HUO Tommy in CT. *SOLD*

By Steve-in-CT

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Steve-in-CT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I recently purchased what I believe is a HUO Tommy with the plan of adding it to my collection. Unfortunately, an unexpected expense has come up and I will need to sell it. The original owner is a bank executive that lived in New York City, but recently moved to Connecticut. He purchased the game from R. H. Belam Company of Hempstead NY. There is a sticker on the back of the back box with the address and phone number. An internet search turned up a listing that said “closed”. I asked if there was a bill of sale to prove that he was the original owner. He couldn’t remember if there ever was one, but either way he didn’t have it. He said he traded in a DE Star Wars that he had previously bought from the same company and some cash for Tommy. He told me that it was moved 3 times since he had it and each time professional movers did it. That explains the dings on the back box corners that you can see in the pictures. When I got it home the first thing I wanted to check out was the condition of the batteries, but there was no key for the back box in the coin door. I emailed him and he said he gave me all the keys he had. After removing the security screws and lock, I believe that there never was a key. The latch still had the screw in place holding it for shipment. The DMD has the same. The batteries are original, but in perfect condition. The game audit shows 995 plays. There’s a few more than that since I occasionally play it. Everything including the blinders work and look perfect. The only thing I’ve done is change the pinballs when I got it home.

Pictures can be seen here: http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/killinglypinball/HUO%20Tommy/

I’m asking $4500.

Steve Chahanovich
Killingly, CT 06241

[email protected]

#4 11 years ago

Just the back box key was missing. I removed the lock instead.

1 month later
#5 11 years ago

UPDATE:

To help with pricing and the market place, here's how the sale turned out. I received an offer for $4000 a few days after I posted it for sale. The buyer couldn't get to me right away, so we agreed to leave it for sale and if I got a higher offer I would take it. I did receive a couple other offers, but not at the $4000 mark. The buyer picked it up today and was very pleased with the condition. He actually thought my pictures made the flaws look worse because I focused in on them without a reference point to show the size. Lesson learned.

Steve

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Do you think you will miss it?

Yes, I'll miss it . I really wanted to keep it, but something came up and it had to go. Maybe I'll come across another someday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Steve-in-CT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-tommy-in-ct?tu=Steve-in-CT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.