Tommy-Pinball5.jpg
Tommy-Pinball2.jpg
Tommy-Pinball3.jpg
Tommy-pinball1.jpg
Tommy-Pinball4.jpg
highjacker.png
Tommy,.jpg
Tommy.jpg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I'm putting my HUO Tommy up for sale. I really love this unique pin, but I'm out of room and I have the opportunity to buy a HUO NGG (a pin that has been on my wish list as long as any other pin).

I bought this Tommy from a fellow Pinsider (Bill) at a very reasonable price of $2,850.00. I've put some LEDs in many of the inserts, as well as a couple of Ultra Brights to light up the plane. I'm going to ask the same price that I paid for this at $2,850.00.

The pin is in excellent condition to say the least.

Pics will be posted later today.

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Pics will be posted later today.

How much later...Does it have the topper? That might be a dumb question but I don't know so I am asking.

#3 11 years ago

Yes, it has the upgraded silver ball topper.

#4 11 years ago

I don't care what anybody says, that's a very fair price for a HUO Tommy in excellent condition. Mine isn't even HUO, and I wouldn't sell it for that cheap. Tommy is my second favorite game after TZ. It's quite challenging to say the least. Considering how much pins go for in CA, someone should grab this while they have the chance. Good luck with the sale, Rob!

#5 11 years ago

Extremely fair price IMHO.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't care what anybody says, that's a very fair price for a HUO Tommy in excellent condition. Mine isn't even HUO, and I wouldn't sell it for that cheap. Tommy is my second favorite game after TZ. It's quite challenging to say the least. Considering how much pins go for in CA, someone should grab this while they have the chance. Good luck with the sale, Rob!

Thanks Gweempose. I believe that I can get more money for this pin that what I'm asking, but since I got it from a fellow Pinsider at a reasonable price I thought I'd keep it in the family so to speak. I sure wasn't going to turn around and try to sell it here for more than I paid for it, especially in such a short period of time.

The timing on this HUO NGG kind of stinks because I really would like to hang on to Tommy longer, but I'm out of space and my kids prefer RS over Tommy, and I can't let a HUO NGG slip through my fingers.

#7 11 years ago

I Wished I would've bought this Tommy . I Low-balled him $ 100.00 due to 1-Line out on the DMD and he Bailed on me.. He still has it , and I still have his # .. Not HUO , But still V-Nice !!

Good Luck W/ Yr Sale Rob ........

Tommy.jpgTommy.jpg Tommy,.jpgTommy,.jpg

#8 11 years ago

Too bad you're on the wrong coast. I'd like to get a Tommy some day.

#9 11 years ago

I'm very interested - PM sent...

#10 11 years ago

If this were in driving distance I would buy it.

The cabinet on this machine looks great.

#11 11 years ago

I would buy it too, I want one bad, love that game....

#12 11 years ago

I would say for being CA its a good price. I sold mine in the midwest for 2k even back in december. My topper was messed up, translite was damaged, but the cab and pf were nice.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I would say for being CA its a good price. I sold mine in the midwest for 2k even back in december. My topper was messed up, translite was damaged, but the cab and pf were nice.

Was yours HUO? That's what makes this one a good deal.

#14 11 years ago

PMs responded to.

I'd prefer to have this picked up instead of shipped.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

dung said:

Was yours HUO? That's what makes this one a good deal.

No which is why I said its a good price...

#16 11 years ago

Excuse me, I'm still way new to this place. What makes this such a desired pin? I get it...the Who...Pinball Wizard...but if that is the only thing that makes this such a hot pin...welll...

#17 11 years ago

Play it, read some reviews, decide for yourself NewPinOwner.

I wouldn't say it has a huge demand, but it's personally one of my top 10 pins of all time

If he was anywhere near me, I'd be going to get it right now..

#18 11 years ago

it's fun. has great music. I would love one. 3k+ is out of my affordable range unfortunately. If my pin coffers were full though. i would definitely jump on this one.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Excuse me, I'm still way new to this place. What makes this such a desired pin? I get it...the Who...Pinball Wizard...but if that is the only thing that makes this such a hot pin...welll...

It is a clone of funhouse. They made a few changes after the prototype which made the game a hell of a lot harder. Right orbit is too tight and requires a perfect shot to get around the loop. It does have good modes, an excellent skilshot, very nice dots on the dmd, the blinders are ingenuious. The only thing that sucks is the video mode. All in all it is a very hard game with a good theme and that is why people like it.

#20 11 years ago

Taking bets on how long NGG lasts in Robs collection. lol I say 8 weeks.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from dung:

NewPinOwner said:Excuse me, I'm still way new to this place. What makes this such a desired pin? I get it...the Who...Pinball Wizard...but if that is the only thing that makes this such a hot pin...welll...
It is a clone of Funhouse. They made a few changes after the prototype which made the game a hell of a lot harder. Right orbit is too tight and requires a perfect shot to get around the loop. It does have good modes, an excellent skilshot, very nice dots on the dmd, the blinders are ingenuious. The only thing that sucks is the video mode. All in all it is a very hard game with a good theme and that is why people like it.

Gotcha. I have heard of this pin time and time again, and I don't have any experience with it yet. Prolly be waiting for local pin parties or national pin get-togethers before i see one. Was just curious what all the hoo-lah was about . Thank you!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from dung:

NewPinOwner said:Excuse me, I'm still way new to this place. What makes this such a desired pin? I get it...the Who...Pinball Wizard...but if that is the only thing that makes this such a hot pin...welll...
It is a clone of Funhouse. They made a few changes after the prototype which made the game a hell of a lot harder. Right orbit is too tight and requires a perfect shot to get around the loop. It does have good modes, an excellent skilshot, very nice dots on the dmd, the blinders are ingenuious. The only thing that sucks is the video mode. All in all it is a very hard game with a good theme and that is why people like it.

I completely agree with all of this. That right orbit shot is really tight. I can definitely hit it, but it sure as hell isn't an orbit shot that you are going to keep looping the ball around! The left orbit, on the other hand, I can get going pretty good.

I'm happy to say that I was able to get to Pinball Wizard mode once!

Love the EM type sounds, tons of modes, and the music is very well integrated into the game play. Despite the fact that it is a very challenging pin, my wife loves it and is none to happy that I am giving it up in favor of "that gofer one"! lol

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Taking bets on how long NGG lasts in Robs collection. lol I say 8 weeks.

We shall see! But NGG has been on my wish list for a *long* time.

By the way, you should check out my comments on your RS in the current For Sale thread for a RS.

#24 11 years ago

I'm Razzin' ya Rob. I hope ofers lasts a long time in your collection. Just make sure you give it some time, it really grows on you after awile.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm Razzin' ya Rob. I hope ofers lasts a long time in your collection. Just make sure you give it some time, it really grows on you after awile.

Just like RS! Honestly Chad, I thought I'd made a big mistake a few days after I bought your RS. Now I'm loving it. I can't begin to tell you how huge of a turnaround I've done on that title!

#26 11 years ago

Tommy is sold to another Pinsider.

#27 11 years ago

Glad to hear it sold and to another Pinsider that is awesome!

#28 11 years ago

Grats on the sale, you will love NGG, the first few games are brutal but it get's very rewarding quick. The hole in one is a shot that just never gets old. The gophers talking smack, music, multiball light shows and the classic whirlwind spinning disc make this game one of the most under rated titles I have ever encountered. It is like Whirlwind and MM blended together with a touch of crack mixed in, simply love it!!

How this machine stays under the radar is simply baffling. This is also one of the very few games where I never shoot for the skill shot, damm you Plaw!!!

#29 11 years ago

Congrats for your sale and to the new owner. Great game.

#30 11 years ago

Thanks Rob....

One game i have been looking to get for a long time!

#31 11 years ago

I sold a mint reimport from the UK (of all places) with topper, tons of LEDs and a silver ball shooter rod for $2800 a few months ago.

#32 11 years ago

I have a Tommy I'm thinking of selling in similar condition. Can't say that's it HUO for sure, but definately looks like it. It has just gone through a complete tear down and shop job. Every bulb replaced, all new rubber, new bulbs, pincab protectors, cliffy protectors installed, (just trying to find small blinders armature part to make 100%), triple waxed. Plays fast and mean. Has original mirror ball topper also! Considering selling for $2,500 and may be willing to entertain trades possibly....looking for Getaway HS2, BOP, FH among others - clean fully working machines only. I'm in Tampa, FL. Thanks, Shawn

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Thanks Rob....
One game i have been looking to get for a long time!

You are very welcome. It is fitting that you got this since you were second in line behind me when Bill sold it!

I'm still going to post pics!

#34 11 years ago

Congrats Rob. I'm still shocked games sell off of the posts without pics posted.

#35 11 years ago

went fast

#36 11 years ago

badbilly i have seen pics of the game a while back and can say it is pretty nice. i would not buy the game without pics. just glad i could get this one, thanks again rob.

#37 11 years ago

pinfan4life?!! can you say Highjacker

highjacker.pnghighjacker.png

#38 11 years ago

Congrats Vex. Just curious on the pics. Enjoy!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

pinfan4life?!! can you say Highjacker

Attachments highjacker.png (44.9 KB, 0 downloads) 11 minutes old

My apologies....but does it really matter??? Game has been sold by seller that posted and it seemed like there was several interested in a Tommy. I thought I'd put another option out there since it was sold (and very similar). I wouldn't have posted in his thread if machine wasn't gone already!

#40 11 years ago

Pin fan,don't take me to seriously......I have a small problem...I think I'm funny ....was just pulling your strings....plus I have had that image I wanted to post on someone for a month...I seen the game was gone...I think really you did no harm... just was trying to be funny

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

Pin fan,don't take me to seriously......I have a small problem...I think I'm funny ....was just pulling your strings....plus I have had that image I wanted to post on someone for a month...I seen the game was gone...I think really you did no harm... just was trying to be funny

OK, it's cool....No problem.

#42 11 years ago

Pics.

Tommy-Pinball4.jpgTommy-Pinball4.jpg Tommy-pinball1.jpgTommy-pinball1.jpg Tommy-Pinball3.jpgTommy-Pinball3.jpg

#43 11 years ago

more

Tommy-Pinball2.jpgTommy-Pinball2.jpg Tommy-Pinball5.jpgTommy-Pinball5.jpg Tommy-Pinball6.jpgTommy-Pinball6.jpg

#44 11 years ago

more

Tommy-Pinball7.jpgTommy-Pinball7.jpg Tommy-Pinball8.jpgTommy-Pinball8.jpg Tommy-Pinball9.jpgTommy-Pinball9.jpg

#45 11 years ago

Beautiful game. Thanks for posting pics RobT - looks fantastic. Congrats again to both of you.

#46 11 years ago

Nice pin, sweet deal!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm still shocked games sell off of the posts without pics posted.

I'm guessing a lot of times a lurker will PM the seller and then the seller will share the pics directly with them without ever having to post them publicly.

Congrats on the sale, Rob! I had a ton of fun playing NGG at MGC. A great game for sure!

#48 11 years ago

Very clean!

#49 11 years ago

Damn right next door to me, I didn't think you wanted to ship it!!

Congrats Vex, I wish I could find one this nice, a little closer to home!!

Put me at the top of the list if you ever decide to sell it

#50 11 years ago

Did you get it Vex? how much is shipping? i always think that people dont want to ship to canada, so i never pull the trigger when people post games for sale.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-tommy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.