Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ripley_s_007.jpg
ripley_s_004.jpg
ripley_s_003.jpg
ripley_s_002.jpg
ripley_s_001.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I am the second owner and this Ripley's looks all but new but on one side of the backbox on the top there are three white spots that appears to be a flaw when it was painted as there isn't any damage. Otherwise hard to do better. Some picture below I have a few more photos for those interested. Asking $2900. Located in the Denver area

aberdeentp
at
earthlink
dot
net

ripley_s_001.jpgripley_s_001.jpg ripley_s_002.jpgripley_s_002.jpg ripley_s_003.jpgripley_s_003.jpg ripley_s_004.jpgripley_s_004.jpg ripley_s_007.jpgripley_s_007.jpg

#3 11 years ago

I have had that same flaw several times and called then Data East, same toll free number today 1-800-KICKERS and was told sometimes the paint had not had enough time to dry or cure before it was put in the cardboard box. I have always wondered how many days does it have to sit out before it can be boxed up. Those spots are caused by the ridges in the cardboard box especially if packed tightly in shipment. It was somewhat common on the blue pins like Star Wars, LW, and Rocky and Bullwinkle. Last pin I seen it on was a TFTC. Must be something with the blue paint as Ripleys is blue also. I wasnt even offered touch up paint and now cant get them to respond to a request for Transformers LE update plastic that was warped. I did receive the update kit but with non straight plastics.
Buddy

#4 11 years ago

Moved to marketplace

#5 11 years ago

Still available as the first person I gave till this weekend and decided he couldn't buy it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 18.95
$ 45.95
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-ripleys-perfect-save-one-tiny-flaw-on-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.