New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 111443)

FS: STTNG in NH

By Max_Badazz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ted.jpg
bottom wiring 3.jpg
STTNG.jpg
IMG_7469.JPG
IMG_7460.jpg
IMG_7468.jpg
IMG_7465.jpg
IMG_7462.jpg
IMG_7514.jpg
IMG_7513.JPG
IMG_7509.JPG
IMG_7512.jpg
IMG_7510.JPG
IMG_7507.JPG
IMG_7504.jpg
IMG_7494.jpg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

Thank you very much Coyote.
So for the most part will sample playfields (the bare playfield excluding mechs on it) be an easy swap candidate for a production machine? I understand why repos may have issues, but why would Proto/Sample/Production playfields ever not be drilled and dimpled?
Thanks again.

Often, but not always, yes.

Why would they not be drilled? The ones floating around may just be an artwork sample, or some other reason like that. Dimpling and drilling takes labor.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

The serial number would help answer that question.

That's a good idea.... I'll try to get that info

#53 5 years ago

So is that a hole by the start button or not? Seems like w strange place to put one if it is.

#54 5 years ago

I know the owner/seller, and I've played this game many times in the 10+ years he's had it. It's a very nice game, and appears to be an early production version. Is it really HUO? I don't know, and don't really care... that label means little to me. Value to me is all about condition. This game has a few minor issues that can be easily rectified (e.g. repainting the handle), but overall it's pretty sweet. And I can tell you that he's NOT looking for $7K... not even close to that. If you're looking for a nice STTNG for a reasonable price, you'd be wise to jump on this fast.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I think you are well off on price here - try $4K and up

Really not true. Check Pinside archives especially over the summer. Three or four in various pin-heavy locations went for $3500-$3900 and they were VERY nice.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I know the owner/seller, and I've played this game many times in the 10+ years he's had it. It's a very nice game, and appears to be an early production version. Is it really HUO? I don't know, and don't really care... that label means little to me. Value to me is all about condition. This game has a few minor issues that can be easily rectified (e.g. repainting the handle), but overall it's pretty sweet. And I can tell you that he's NOT looking for $7K... not even close to that. If you're looking for a nice STTNG for a reasonable price, you'd be wise to jump on this fast.

How many buddies does this guy have trying to sell this game for him?

At some point he should really just post his own ad. these "selling for a friend" threads ALWAYS go the same way. The well-meaning "friend" posts the ad with some vague ballpark price - explicitly saying "not my game, just a messenger here," everybody shits all over the thread for 2 pages, and at the end of the day the game doesn't get sold any faster than it would have if the owner just posted the ad himself and his buddies vouched for him here. Not to mention some established pinsider always has to be on the defensive as everybody ignores his opening disclaimer and takes out the condition/price of the game on him.

Happens every time. The dude has a full gameroom and obviously knows a thing or two about the hobby/business. Why is he having his cronies take the shrapnel for him, and why does he think it's easier than just trying to sell the game himself?

The worst part about the whole "selling for a friend" deal is that everybody here knows that if it were a good deal, the pinsider here would have just bought it himself. Makes the game look even less attractive to the angry mob here.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The worst part about the whole "selling for a friend" deal is that everybody here knows that if it were a good deal, the pinsider here would have just bought it himself. Makes the game look even less attractive to the angry mob here.

That is not true. I've never been a big fan of STTNG. I know there are people that love the game, and are willing to pay a lot more than I am for it. A real friend doesn't lowball his buddy, just to flip it later for a profit. I'd like to see him get a decent price from someone who actually wants the machine.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

That is not true. I've never been a big fan of STTNG. I know there are people that love the game, and are willing to pay a lot more than I am for it. A real friend doesn't lowball his buddy, just to flip it later for a profit. I'd like to see him get a decent price from someone who actually wants the machine.

I have yet to see a "selling for a friend" deal that I would have jumped on.

If it ends up here as a second-hand offer you know it ain't a good deal.

#59 5 years ago

I sold a sample STTNG with similar NZ hole wear to a buddy for 3500 earlier this year. Game looked almost identical to this one. Figured it was worth close to 4K but gave buddy a deal. This one seems overpriced a bit.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This one seems overpriced a bit.

Guys... there has been no price posted! Just a wild-ass guess from MaxBadazz based on false assumptions. If someone is interested in this game just contact the actual seller. He will sell it at fair market value! The guy is completely reasonable.

#61 5 years ago

I will give him $6000....if the deal includes the WCS and Tempest that are on both sides of the STTNG, including shipping

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The worst part about the whole "selling for a friend" deal is that everybody here knows that if it were a good deal, the pinsider here would have just bought it himself

Nope, both of us didn't want it...I've had two in the past and have no interest in another

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I will give him $6000....if the deal includes the WCS and Tempest that are on both sides of the STTNG, including shipping

What is your location?

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Just a wild-ass guess from MaxBadazz

exactly....if its not HUO and not a sample, then its not that price.

I threw a number out there... like I said, I assumed...never said thats what it is. All I did was post it to see if anyone was interested and hoped that things would be answered (which was done). We know what the game is now, we know a price range, etc.

I've been around enough to see hundreds of these types of posts.... I have had two IM's with questions. Like I said, IM me with questions...no big deal. I know the selling for a friend posts gets crap, but I've kept this as generic as possible (no one is screwing anyone, no one is misleading, nothing like that).

He asked me to get the word out there...I copied and pasted what I know about it...thats it.

#65 5 years ago

Since you are being so chatty...why in God's name doesn't your buddy just make his own account and post?

You've been here a while I assume...you had to know how this shit would go.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

so why are you the troll on the thread?

#67 5 years ago

and I'm just teasing you too

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

why in God's name doesn't your buddy just make his own account and post?

all kidding aside, he asked if I would spread the word around to see.... I spend way more time with pinball and know a lot more people so I said I'd help out

#70 5 years ago

Perhaps a good start to clearing this up would be to either change the topic, or better yet start a new thread.

Too much sound interference at this point, IMO.

#71 5 years ago

actually this thread really has not been bad..... overall we got some good info about the pin and cleared a bunch of uncertainties including production and price

#73 5 years ago

Lionman!

Ted.jpg
#74 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

What is your location?

houston tx

#75 5 years ago

I'll throw one thing out there to ponder with this HUO debate. I bought a Space Invaders years ago that truly was HUO. Original bill of sale and all from the folks I bought it from. It had wear on the playfield in quite a few places...and here is why: they never changed out the original pinball.

It was more like a boulder in there rolling all over the playfield. And on top of that, they never waxed it. They liked pinball, but did not know how to take care of one. Their HUO Lethal Weapon 3 was in horrible shape.

Just something to think about.

#76 5 years ago

Too far. Sorry.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Since you are being so chatty...why in God's name doesn't your buddy just make his own account and post?

Some people have no interest in being part of this community. And that is completely understandable.
Jim has owned his games for a long time. His kids are now in college and the games don't get as much play as they used to. He knows that pinball prices have increased dramatically in recent years, and that this is probably a good time to thin his collection.

I don't think that this thread has gone bad. There has been some good discussion. And there is still a very nice pinball machine for sale. Someone will be happy.

Oh, and yes, the title should probably be edited.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have yet to see a "selling for a friend" deal that I would have jumped on.
If it ends up here as a second-hand offer you know it ain't a good deal.

It does happen. I sold a Tron and an IM for a friend on here. Posted on the Friday of Expo a year ago at midnight, both sold within minutes for $3800 and $4000 respectively locally and you can't tell me those weren't good deals. I could have had them both for cheaper even, but I didn't buy them. I wanted him to get the full value for them cause I know he will put it back into pinball. Personally I would have loved the Tron but couldn't justify the cash and I think IM is the most overrated modern era game ever made. I've also sold a WOZ for him cheap back when they very first came out and the vast majority of people who pre-ordered were still waiting on theirs, plus a Sopranos that he totally redid inside and out.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside