Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_03120000.JPG
IMG_03110000.JPG
IMG_03100000.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG
IMG_03140000.jpg
image.jpg
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

how long do you predict it will take before the buyer sells it?

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how long do you predict it will take before the buyer sells it?

LMAO!!!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Who cares about the flipping booo it hurts sales prices. Did you put up the money no, would anyone of you do the same thing, HELL yes and dont frigging lie about it. If anyone of you joes was offered a decent piece of coin you would sell it. Dont be jealous because Tom bought it on his dime and then sold it to another guy on his dime. None of you can say sh*t as there is no money of yours involved at all.
People are always so quick to judge when they know damn well they would do the same thing.

What a lame-a$$ post. No, I wouldn't do that. Never have, never will. To me, there is more "wrong" about flipping pins than just jacking up prices. Am I supposed to get all warm and fuzzy because it was sold to a fellow pinsider ? This gentleman has 100's of thousands of dollars worth of machines in his possession ( which is great ) so please don't argue that he was ever "at risk." And please don't attempt to speak for me. I do not engage in this activity nor hang around people for long once I find out they do.

I guess Pinside really is "flippin' fantastic."

#54 10 years ago

WFC!

#55 10 years ago

“There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Seems fitting... Tolkien doesnt like you flippin his games, don't let greed get in the way of friendship, family and wisdom.

#56 10 years ago

I would love to have a lotr and will one day at a good price I hope. There always is a bit of ”damn, I wish I found one at a great price.” As much as you hear people get on flippers you would be led to believe that you would find on a regular basis pinsiders passing on great prices to others. They just don't happen as often as you would expect. Maybe most of the complaining is more to do with missing a flip than an addition for the most part I am afraid.

#57 10 years ago

good prices happen, it just takes patience.

HUO LOTR are still readily available for sub4500 (with a little luck and patience). LOTS of them made and LOTS in non-pinhead households.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Maybe most of the complaining is more to do with missing a flip than an addition for the most part I am afraid.

That would be a possibility if the only people who complained lived within striking distance of the transactions, but this isn't the case.

It's just a bunch of people from a variety of experiences and backgrounds coming to a place where pinball may be the only thing they have in common with each other. You are bound to get an exchange of diametrically opposed opinions at regular intervals.

#59 10 years ago

I'd love to see a huo lotr for $4500

#60 10 years ago

I literally just got done playing LOTR with my daughter. Got to TABA. Awesome game!

#61 10 years ago

There have been 3 that I know of within 200 miles of you in the past 4 months. The best deal I recently saw was a local to Madison one for $4200. It had less than 250 plays and looked it. A mom had bought it for her huge LOTR fan son that was now in college and they needed cash mor ethan the game.

#62 10 years ago

Well you have better eyes and ears than I do. I haven't seen any nice examples priced like that in a long time. I think Gweem landed a good deal on his LE a few months back.

#63 10 years ago

I paid $4500 a year ago for Jorat's mint huo LOTR and he had a line of people wanting to purchase it- I was lucky and was first to contact him. All the huo LOTR seen lately have been all north of 5k. Have a list of people wanting to buy mine for 5k plus.

#64 10 years ago

That's exactly what I've found.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

I really think we should all pop open a chilled Shasta and simply enjoy the hell out of our machines - before our kids fight over them after the reading of the will

Didn't you say today that you found a source for Shasta? I really feel like it is the new official drink of pinball . . . I want to get some too.

#66 10 years ago

is this sold? i just saw it on Mr. Pinball this morning. i know they have a delay, that is why i am asking.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

is this sold? i just saw it on Mr. Pinball this morning. i know they have a delay, that is why i am asking.

Yes, you are experiencing the Mr. Pinball time warp. The ad should be removed in 3 days.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I just saw it on Mr. Pinball this morning. I know they have a delay, that is why I am asking.

That is why Mr. Pinball sucks. I used to love Pynball, too bad it never caught on.

#69 10 years ago

So here it goes though I don't feel I should have to share my transaction details. I am because of a great seller / pinhead.
Yes I bought it.
Yes I paid asking price. ( Because I knew someone else would)
Yes I was the first to PM the seller.
Yes I am completely happy with my transaction.
Why? Because I haven't seen a NICE HUO LOTR go for much less than $5500 lately. If you have then your seeing a rarity I'd imagine.
I know for a fact that recently a HUO LOTR LE with zero mods sold for $7,000 not too far away.
I called Roc-Noc on the phone and spoke to him (imagine that, no emailing. We actually talked) and I was confident after that conversation of the game.
I arrived this morning to his location, He was absolutely cool, calm and collective. An asset to our community and I could care less if he got the game for less. Made sure it was in 100% working order and offered it up for sale. This is a stand up guy with an amazing collection and nothing less.
To think that one of you called him a D--k in a post above. That's just amazing........
So thanks Roc-Noc for an easy no drama transaction and the FULL Truthful story behind the game. Don't worry nor listen to some of the other posts above. You did fine by me.
I am happy to have a very clean, like new, HUO LOTR in my home tonight. It will look great next to WOZ.
Looking forward to a pin party at your place.
Here are couple pics of why I was happy to buy it.

IMG_03140000.jpgIMG_03140000.jpg IMG_0309.JPGIMG_0309.JPG IMG_03100000.JPGIMG_03100000.JPG

#70 10 years ago

more

IMG_03110000.JPGIMG_03110000.JPG IMG_03120000.JPGIMG_03120000.JPG

#71 10 years ago

Looks great. Glad you are happy CoasterGuy!

#72 10 years ago

Thanks for the kind words CoasterGuy. It was really great meeting you. Enjoy that beautiful LOTR. I hope to see you back up here when I have a pinball party.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

when I have a pinball party.

All I want to know is when is the party

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

All I want to know is when is the party

Probably this Fall or Winter. We are busy relocating one of our businesses this Summer. Also moving my parents from their home to assisted care before Fall.

Once those challenges are behind, I should have more time for pinball.

#75 10 years ago

looking forward to it already. Just make sure it does not conflict with MRP on sept 14th

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Yes I am completely happy with my transaction.

That's what it's all about. Willing buyer + willing seller = happy transaction.

Congrats, Coasterguy. I think it's a great game and don't ever see getting rid of mine. If your game still has the original Arwen plastic, I'd suggest you buy a protector for it or replace it now before it cracks. Once she's gone, there's no getting her back.

#77 10 years ago

Already ordered the set! Thanks

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I don't know if I told you guys but I sold my Taxi for 4k, oh and it's a routed players game, I don't have any proof but go ahead and mark up taxis they are worth 4k now.

Awesome, I one one for sale before Fall.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Probably this Fall or Winter. We are busy relocating one of our businesses this Summer. Also moving my parents from their home to assisted care before Fall.
Once those challenges are behind, I should have more time for pinball.

I cannot wait.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Damn, really? With zero confirmation from either the seller or the buyer on what was really paid for it? Hysterical . . . and people say we don't have a bubble forming.

its that type of insanity that makes the 'Price Police' so funny. People taking asking prices for selling prices. If anyone really cared.. they'd push sellers/buyers to disclose the final deals. THAT is what would help everyone.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

its that type of insanity that makes the 'Price Police' so funny. People taking asking prices for selling prices. If anyone really cared.. they'd push sellers/buyers to disclose the final deals. THAT is what would help everyone.

Hope this helps everyone:

Quoted from coasterguy:

So here it goes though I don't feel I should have to share my transaction details. I am because of a great seller / pinhead.
Yes I bought it.
Yes I paid asking price. ( Because I knew someone else would)

#82 10 years ago

Christ on a cracker I would have sold you my documented original owner Huo lotr LE for 6500 with a McKee topper and figures installed. Oh well. Does need plating redone on lockbar though! Friggen stern! :p

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

If your game still has the original Arwen plastic, I'd suggest you buy a protector for it or replace it now before it cracks. Once she's gone, there's no getting her back.

Curly sells repros:

http://www.littleshopofgames.com/Plastics/pageL.html#lor

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 7.50
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.50
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-lord-of-the-rings-2006-stern-600000-chicago-area/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.