• 24 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi everyone!

I've decided to sell to sell my Family Guy and I will try to describe it as thorough as I can. I will add anything later that I might have missed.

This was my first NIB pinball purchase and it was purchased from Jack at pinball sales in 2007. I have all of the original receipts, paperwork, shipping box and the original packing material. Before the first ball was placed on the playfield I did the following things: Pinball Pal leg protectors and start button protector, mylared all five drop targets, mylared underneath the two lower ramp flaps, mylared underneath the ramp drop around the left inlane switch, added all Cliffy protectors (left and right ramp, front and back scoop), added the Stewie "Power ball" and plastic protectors from Pinbits. And yes, it was very difficult doing all of that before I played the first ball!

Soon after I added: Mckee topper, color changing skill shot led, orange bulb condoms on those clear inserts that just don't look right, Stewie playfield decals, Cliffy tournament button relocation kit, and swapped out the Powerball with a 5/8 (or 9/16?) steel ball a cool guy named Greg B. sent me from RGP (Thanks again Greg!). The Powerball was actually a little bit too light for me and the original was a tad bit too big and heavy.

Another thing I did was heat up and slightly bend the lower left blue Stewie pinball plastic to get rid of that horrible flat spot/ball trap. It's never had another ball hang up there again. The entire top side was torn down a month ago and the original black rubber was changed out with new white rubber and completely cleaned with novus. Four new balls were also added.

The only things wrong with this pin are the beer decal is worn even after it was double mylared before the first game (I have a replacement decal) and the "Blast" plastic to the right of the right flipper came from the factory with a scratch just above and to the left of the "B". It is small enough I didn't even notice it for about six months. You might be able to see it in the pictures.

Everything else is about as perfect as it gets. Goodie bag is still stapled to the cabinet and I have all of the original documentation and parts that were removed. It plays 100% and needs nothing.

The bad news is that I will not ship. I won't chance letting a shipping company possibly putting a ding in the side of the cabinet or harming it in any way. I would probably be more pissed than the new owner and hunt down the culprit myself, and I don't want to go to jail! But I do have dollies and I can help load.

Price is $5000 firm. Cash and carry.

Feel free to ask questions.

#2 10 years ago

More pics.

#3 10 years ago

A few more.

#4 10 years ago

wish everyone was closer

#5 10 years ago

Glws.......

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

wish everyone was closer

+1; I'd buy this in a heartbeat if it was in so cal. Glws.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from jebu:

But I do have dollies and I can help load.

Must be a new Nigerian scam of some kind. No one helps load.

Obviously I'm kidding; game looks great!!! Good luck with the sale; I sure miss my FGY.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Obviously I'm kidding; game looks great!!! Good luck with the sale; I sure miss my FGY.

It can't be a scam, I didn't end my description with "God Bless"!

Sale is pending.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

ROTFL<<<Good One>>>

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from jebu:

It can't be a scam, I didn't end my description with "God Bless"!
Sale is pending.

Congrats on the sale. That was a lightening quick one!

#11 10 years ago

Knew it wouldn't last long......

#12 10 years ago

Might be selling my now

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Might be selling my now

how much $$$

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Might be selling my now

I am waiting...

#15 10 years ago

I sold mine in similar shape last year for $4,500. Sold immediately. Seems like there is super strong demand for this game. Perhaps Stern will run another batch if the rumors of only two pin releases this year are true.

#16 10 years ago

Would they run a game again 6 years later?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from HugTheMouse:

Would they run a game again 6 years later?

On a theme based on a cartoon I don't see why not. This game holds up well. I think the last LOTRs run was five years after the first. Licensing shouldn't be a problem. The playfield toys might be.

#18 10 years ago

An LE run with a different art package and mirrored back glass would be cool. Doubt it will happen though.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

On a theme based on a cartoon I don't see why not. This game holds up well. I think the last LOTRs run was five years after the first. Licensing shouldn't be a problem. The playfield toys might be.

I would buy one if they made another run. Im not sure the demand would be there though.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I would buy one if they made another run. Im not sure the demand would be there though.

They were running Tron in small batches. Perhaps they would do a 500 machine LE release. There are several games I think Stern could move 500 of if re-released today with LEDs and minor cosmetic improvements.

Iron Man and Family Guy would be one and two. POTC, LOTRs, SM, TSPP would all probably sell a 500 machine run as well with cosmetic improvements like LEDs. I even think BBH would do well with an LE model.

#21 10 years ago

5k and a friend of my is buying it

#22 10 years ago

I'm selling my FG anyone interested?

#23 10 years ago

The problem is if they made another run of Family Guy it would have to sell for LE prices e.t.c.

So how many people are really going to go out and drop 7k on a NIB FGY?? Not that many would be my guess...

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

The problem is if they made another run of Family Guy it would have to sell for LE prices e.t.c.
So how many people are really going to go out and drop 7k on a NIB FGY?? Not that many would be my guess...

Agreed; they are not going to be getting 7k for an NIB FGY. It would need to be in the 5's or no more than 6 with some upgrades like LED lighting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-family-guy-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.