Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BanHammer.jpg
Gollum.jpg
claudia-marie2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 10 years ago

This is the "new normal".....15% less for HUO's not including shipping (which seems right).....so $6,200 (which is one of the higher prices on a NIB AC/DC when you back out $300 for shipping) x .85 = approximately $5,300.....hopefully, we are finally getting there. So I don't think it is a fire sale at $5,800 which in some cases (depending on what was paid NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING) is over 90% of the price without shipping (remember $300 of the price is shipping). Firesale would be $5,000 in my opinion (again HWAYONYU firesaled his at about that when you back out his extras it was probably under that)....and that was a FIRESALE !!! No arguing that and does not mean every AC/DC should be sold at $5,000.....but he was only a few hundred low in my opinion.

The fact that none of the AC/DC's are selling over the last week or two..... $5,600 (Pen has one still up), $5,700 (one in Chicago) and this one for $5,800 proves my point. HWAYONYU did firesale his for $5,500 but remember it also had $700 in extras.....so even if he could have gotten $5,700-$5,800 (which he probably could have) what is a "stripped down HUO worth).....again we come back closer to the $5,300 number. That is why none of these are selling above that number.....JUST MY OPINION and this is a MARKET FORUM as others have said if you don't want opinions don't post it in this spot !!!!

Can you sell a new car for 90% of the value even if you only drove it 1,000 miles after a year ???? Some of these are over a year old.....again, these are "mechanical toys" not fine art and hopefully this becomes the norm as it should be. Why does everyone expect pinball machines to hold their value or go up all the time ???

This isn't price bashing this is just trying to say "this is normal" and probably the new normal....ask AVLE owners, X-MEN LE owners they wish they could get 85% for their pins.....try selling one of those and getting more then 75-80 percent of your cost....again, it is the "new normal" and when people order these NIB's they better keep them or should expect to take a 20% loss.....maybe that would "cool off the hobby a little" which is a good thing. 2014 is going to be the top (keep your pinball price guide and if I am wrong give me grief when the 2015 comes out.....but prices will be lower on 90% of the titles). NEW NORMAL GUYS !!! Get used to it or try a new hobby (don't know many cheaper then this hobby though !!!)

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

well, after hearing some of your thoughts on pricing and how you know it all, although i would like to hear how many machines you have sold so that i know your support of your numbers. But i actually sold my HOU AC/DC premium today, it had only 80 plays, clffy's, under cabinet lighting and backbox lighting. for 6400.00 and a pinsider bought it. I informed him of what i had into the machine, which was 6400 after getting it here and adding the few items. He came and looked at it today and took it with him.

Is a HOU similar to an IOU ......now for selling machines. Lets see I traded a NIB AC/DC premium for a pinsiders X-MEN LE and he gave me $800 cash. I valued the X-MEN LE at $5,200 so basically you could say I sold the NIB AC/DC premium for $6K. Then there was another pinsider who I traded my other NIB AC/DC premium straight up for an IM (was a perfect HUO with about $400-$500 in extras) with a value of approximately $6K (since he delivered it).....SO I WOULD SAY I VALUED A NIB AC/DC premium at $6K......again that is NIB never played. So I do have some experience as I guess you could say I unloaded 2 NIB's over the last 5-6 months. I could unload them for $6K because I got them for $6K INCLUDING shipping (so my cost was only $5,700......again, that was for a NIB....as you should always back out $300 for shipping in my opinion).....so I think I know a little about value for AC/DC premiums (tried to sell them NIB for my cost and had no takers in the metro/dc area......maybe they needed to be HOU's and that would have made a difference

#38 10 years ago

My game is golf (great iron game BTW)........also, a deadly 3 point shooter (don't leave me open or I am "money").

So I do have some game.....not bad with investments either......allows me to spend a lot of time shooting hoops, boating and playing golf.....so I guess I have "investing game" as well...... Boating is fun but "no game there" as I already sunk a boat a couple of years ago but am learning slowly......maybe in 2014 with practice I will become a better Captain.....but for now I am still CAPTAIN SMITH (nickname since he sunk the Titanic !!!)......

So boating and pinball I will work on improving in 2014 since I always have plenty of time to improve my hobbies !!!

Quoted from PEN:Ignoring you is the new normal. Go open a second account again, we all know your game.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gollum.jpg 35 KB

Rare.....you mean your not my friend.....better have the wife put me on suicide watch for the remainder of the weekend.....

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Hey HOP
I was just reading an article in the WSJ from last weekend, I think, talking about which golf shots are most important for a low score. The common thought has been that putting is the most important part of the game. The new thought after analysis of tens of thousands of professional's rounds of golf is that the second shot (the shot into the green) is the most important. Who does it the best.....Tiger Woods. Anyway that is what I will be working on this summer to get my HCP below 15 where it is now. So keep up the good iron play; it pays dividends according to this new research.
Now if I only knew which skill in pinball is the most important then we would have something.

I am figuring golf out slowly but surely. The iron shots in golf are the make or break for most golfers. Putting is important as well but without a good iron game you can't score....period....I spend more time on my irons then anything. Most courses I play on are forgiving and not very long so driving is not the make or break shot.

I hate the winter time....no golfing or boating.....thank god for the Washington capitals and pinball.....gives me some winter activities until the fun really starts !!!

Good luck with your golf game.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-acdc-prem-5800-firm?tu=houseofpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.