Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by herbertbsharp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12.JPG
11.JPG
10.JPG
9.JPG
8.JPG
7.JPG
6.JPG
5.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

#1 6 years ago

I'm looking to sell nice and clean High Speed pinball machine. I was going to do an all out restoration on this machine but I have too many projects and just don't have time for this one.

Top of playfield was totally stripped of all parts and cleaned. There are a few touchups and a couple wear spots in the typical places on the playfield but overall it looks nice. The 2x insert has a decal on it that you might want to re-do. I have scans of the decals for the playfield so you can print your own easily. Interior of cabinet was stripped sanded and repainted. Parts inside cab were cleaned and re-installed. Back glass is nice - maybe a little fade. Cab is nice but has fade on right side and a scuff where some paint is missing. Touching up that spot should be pretty easy if you wanted to do it. Police light topper is working. Rubbers were replaced all around about 7 months ago. New legs, bolts, and levelers. Doesn't have the original pop caps.

The machine boots and plays but sound will suddenly stop sometimes, scoring continues to work but there is no sound. Last week I tried to make this error happen again and it wouldn't, but if it sat in attract mode for more than 5-10 mins attract stops and you have to power cycle it to play a game. I think these problems are related. The board says there is a rom 1 error so that chip may need to be replaced, I'm not sure. The boards look really go though, no acid damage or hacks at all. I honestly just found this problem when someone came to buy the machine last month and other than trying to recreate the error and pressing the diagnostic button last week I haven't even looked into fixing it. I really don't want to mess with it right now.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

#2 6 years ago

more pics

4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG

#3 6 years ago

more....

7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG

#4 6 years ago

more...

10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG

#5 6 years ago

Good luck on the sale; sounds like a fun project and a good game.

#6 6 years ago

here is a link to a photo album of all the pics I have right now, I tried to highlight the imperfections on the playfield.

https://plus.google.com/photos/110862944260107283639/albums/5754781647669664833

#7 6 years ago

Saratoga Springs, N?

#9 6 years ago

Doh....Too far...

#11 6 years ago

Price drop: $800 takes it!

#12 6 years ago

I might be interested. I'm in NYC. Maybe meet halfway?

#13 6 years ago

If you could deliver?. I could show you a few pinball spots.
Allen

#14 6 years ago

We love our HS, and yours is in good condition too. Did the PF had mylar? It looks real good if it wasn't mylared. Also notice the rebound rubber in the very back under the ramp as you have only one rubber there and there should be 2 rubbers there. When I bought mine years ago it only had one rubber back there and I bought a rubber kit and got 2 rubbers and called the vendor and they said 2 rubbers is factory back there. Just so you know, as alot of HS owners dont know this. I sent Steve Ritchie an email and he responded that in fact it needs 2 rubbers back there. Also just another heads up, is whoever buys it will need to replace all those stand up targets instead of just replacing the one target thats missing, Terry pointed this out to me when I shattered one target and just wanted to replace the one only. Good luck in your sale!

#15 6 years ago

That's an above average HS. Decent price.

#16 6 years ago

Yup, it was mylared, I removed it last year. Good eye on the rubber! I'll take yours and Steve Ritchie's word for it that there should be 2 on there, I probably have another one so I'll throw it in if someone wants it .

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

That's an above average HS. Decent price.

Thanks!

#18 6 years ago

Very nice high speed! I would replace the roms for the sound and game and also the 2 processor chips that are socketed near those roms that might fix all your issues or at least point the buyer in the right direction. I had to steal processor chips from my pinbot for the highspeed I had for sale and new ones are on order from CHINA. I hope they work...

#19 6 years ago

I can attest to the niceness (is that a word?) of the machine; I saw it and it was killing me that I couldn't take it due to the error it was having. Herb is a great guy with a very nice machine for sale here!

#20 6 years ago

If you were local, I'd be going to the ATM right now. I'm guessing that HS won't last long at $800.

#22 6 years ago

MUCH better than HS2 IMO....love that game...nice price. Good Luck!

#23 6 years ago

Ummm, what is there exactly to "all out restore"? The chipped paint below the left flipper?

#24 6 years ago

I *was* going to do one, I would never try to pass this off as a restore, I hope that was clear in my description

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

The chipped paint below the left flipper?

That looks like a build up of wax or novus.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I *was* going to do one, I would never try to pass this off as a restore, I hope that was clear in my description

I thought you were very clear!

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

That looks like a build up of wax or novus.

It actually is chipped paint

#28 6 years ago

I was facetious not critical, looks good enough to leave as it is from what I can see in the pics. A little better than mine, where were you in 2009 when I bought mine for a mint?

#29 6 years ago

hey, it's cool man, hard to tell jokes in text sometimes. I totally misread what you posted and took it differently, my bad!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

I was facetious not critical, looks good enough to leave as it is from what I can see in the pics. A little better than mine, where were you in 2009 when I bought mine for a mint?

That's how I read it. This is a nice machine at a nice price. The electrical issues don't bother me and if this were January I'd be driving up there right now cash in hand. Just tapped out on cash ATM and too many other projects I have to clear out. Don't know if we'll see another HS this nice at this price for a while. Good luck with the sale bump.

viperrwk

#31 6 years ago

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Machine is still available at the moment, I promise I won't bump it anymore after this!

#32 6 years ago

Honest seller, +1.

1 week later
#33 6 years ago

Thanks dasmb! Machine is still available after lots of interest. Played with it for over an hour tonight with no symptoms of a problem. I can't in good conscience say it is fixed since I didnt do any thing to it. It's on ground level and ready to go!

#34 6 years ago

HS is a great game and is the most played in my collection. There are few better choices for a quick game of pinball.

#35 6 years ago

Boy I wish you were closer I'd take it off your hands...

#36 6 years ago

Really? Even at $800, still not sold? System 11s aren't going up as fast as others I guess.

#37 6 years ago

Sale has been pending like 5 times! It really looks good in person

#38 6 years ago

You are not headed south any time soon are you? I live in Central PA - below Harrisburg and would be all over it at $800 if it was closer!

#39 6 years ago

can you bring it to wisconsin?

#41 6 years ago

Just went out the door!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside