IMAG0476.jpg
IMAG0474.jpg
IMAG0473.jpg
IMAG0470.jpg
IMAG0469.jpg
IMAG0468.jpg
IMAG0467.jpg
IMAG0466.jpg
There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

I'm regretfully selling my freshly restored tz. This restoration rivals some of the best restored pinball machines ever built and no expense was spared. Machine looks better than nib units and every detail that can be addressed has been.... The only thing that has not been touched on this machine is the serial number label on the back.. all other decals have been replaced right down to the boards and under the lockdown bar.. even the back cabinet has been re-stenciled.

Some notable features:

Completely striped and rebuilt cabinet with new decals and complete stenciling. Mint condition and zero flaws, also covered from day one and only removed during gameplay.

Complete playfield restoration... No touchups needed, mylar removed and playfield clearcoated (10 coats) again zero flaws, mint condition.

All metal parts have been cleaned/tumbled.

Every coil assembly rebuilt

Every mechanical item rebuilt including clock and gumball (clock board has been fitted with leds)

Full cointaker non ghosting led upgrade..
New side rails,legs, and lockdown bar.

Magnet and spiral added to diverter.

Gumballs added and light kit.

Pinball pro speakers with sub (some pictures may not reflect this)

27 "plays" were recorded during restoration/testing process.. home roms added since this testing and the machine now has only 32 actual plays since restored on march 30th 2013

I don't know what else to say... Everything is brand new or restored to New condition.. even the boards were cleaned with scrubbing bubbles. You will not find anything that has not been touched or cleaned/sanded/polished with the exemption of the rear serial number label.... Please request any specific areas as there is nothing to hide. (Some pictures were taken before pinball pro speakers)
$8,000
http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/rshackxd/library/?sort=3&page=1
Thanks
-Dustin
419-819-6230

IMAG0393.jpgIMAG0393.jpg IMAG0394.jpgIMAG0394.jpg IMAG0398.jpgIMAG0398.jpg

#2 10 years ago

More

IMAG0386.jpgIMAG0386.jpg IMAG0388.jpgIMAG0388.jpg IMAG0389.jpgIMAG0389.jpg

#3 10 years ago

More

IMAG0391.jpgIMAG0391.jpg IMAG0392.jpgIMAG0392.jpg IMAG0397.jpgIMAG0397.jpg

#4 10 years ago

More

IMAG0414.jpgIMAG0414.jpg IMAG0415.jpgIMAG0415.jpg IMAG0416.jpgIMAG0416.jpg

#5 10 years ago

As good or better than HEP? Might want to take some better pictures to qualify that statement. Id let the machine stand on its own before comparing it to others work or you're going to get picked apart.

#6 10 years ago

More.... Also added door flasher kit.. machine is located in Perrysburg Ohio

Custom cover also included!! Has slot for future topped should new owner chose to install

IMAG0417.jpgIMAG0417.jpg IMAG0430.jpgIMAG0430.jpg IMAG0429.jpgIMAG0429.jpg

#7 10 years ago

GLWTS!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Rshackxd:

If you have seen HEP machines this is as good or better

Not even close !

#9 10 years ago

I can post any pictures you request... As close up as you want anywhere. Machine truly is perfect in every way.

#10 10 years ago

Steller looking machine....love the LEDs in the backglass! GLWS

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

As good or better than HEP? Might want to take some better pictures to qualify that statement. Id let the machine stand on its own before comparing it to others work or you're going to get picked apart.

Agree 100%.

Also, who did the restoration?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Rshackxd:

If you have seen HEP or Treasure cove machines this is as good or better

GLWTS. I think it looks nice. To say its on or above the level of HEP is a strong statement. If you are going to say that then you should probably invest in a better camera and take it outdoors to show it off. From the pics it looks nice but not HEPish. Not trying to be a jerk just observing from a friendly distance.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

From the pics it looks nice but not HEPish.

What in the pix is telling you that? Just curious...

#14 10 years ago

Wow!! Welcome to the club I guess... Not HEP restored, close how bout that?? If anyone is local and is willing to help out with better pictures your welcome to inspect and play all your heart desires... In the mean time, still for sale and will get better pictures in the next couple days, outdoor if I can get help moving machine. There is not a single flaw anywhere, looks and plays perfect... Much faster than stock if that matters.

#15 10 years ago

Donation sent to pinside for assisting in this sale. Thanks!!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Rshackxd:

Wow!! Welcome to the club I guess... Not HEP restored, close how bout that?? If anyone is local and is willing to help out with better pictures your welcome to inspect and play all your heart desires... In the mean time, still for sale and will get better pictures in the next couple days, outdoor if I can get help moving machine. There is not a single flaw anywhere, looks and plays perfect... Much faster than stock if that matters.

Don't get discouraged -- you have an awesome looking game. It would help potential buyers to know who restored your game (this is an awfully small community). A little more light would also help out, as well as the ever-important close up of the shooter lane.

Sincerely, good luck with your sale.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Rshackxd:

Wow!! Welcome to the club I guess

I am sure the game is nice but when you throw around names that have been doing this stuff for a decade or longer everyday,it isn't fair to compare a redecaled TZ to a HEP . So many custom things go into a High End restoration that many can not pick them out . I happen to be one person that can see past the LEDs and shiny PF .

GLWTS

#18 10 years ago

Here is a few more pictures with curtains open... Even clearcoated lighted back board.. not just a redecal.. everything is new/restored or polished to new.. every single nut and bolt has been tumbled.. everything metal that was originally plated as also been re-plated to new condition.

IMAG0442.jpgIMAG0442.jpg IMAG0444.jpgIMAG0444.jpg IMAG0445.jpgIMAG0445.jpg

#20 10 years ago

More

IMAG0446.jpgIMAG0446.jpg IMAG0447.jpgIMAG0447.jpg IMAG0448.jpgIMAG0448.jpg

#21 10 years ago

More

IMAG0449.jpgIMAG0449.jpg IMAG0450.jpgIMAG0450.jpg IMAG0451.jpgIMAG0451.jpg

#22 10 years ago

More

IMAG0452.jpgIMAG0452.jpg IMAG0453.jpgIMAG0453.jpg

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What in the pix is telling you that? Just curious...

I'm not going to nitpick the game because it does look nice but there is just a different level of restoration between what is shown in the pics and a HEP. If the mentioning of other restorers wasn't done for comparison than I wouldn't be comparing.

#24 10 years ago

Very nice, but no way would I ever compare this to HEP. Without saying who did the work as well, no way to justify the price or confirm the workmanship. Still a very nice machine that should get more than 5k. How much more will be decided when sold I guess.

#25 10 years ago

Are those ribbon cables new? They look dingy, could just be the light though.

Also, I can't see the edges of the backbox. Could you get some close up shots of the corners near the speakers, and also the backside corners.

Did you leave the lockdown bar and siderails stock? On high-end work you usually see chrome or at least a high polish stainless. I can't tell from the pics.

GLWS

edit : oh and who did the restore?

#26 10 years ago

Cab underside also refinished... Edges sealed and painted black

IMAG0456.jpgIMAG0456.jpg

#27 10 years ago

Comparing your game(or any game) to HEP (or any other high end restorer by name) is a good way to get your fs thread derailed. As you've already seen. This will go on, I would recommend changing some wording. Just sayin'

#28 10 years ago

New lockdown and side rails.. stock as I was at the top of my budget as is.

All ribbon cables are new, complete wire harness was seperated and scrubbed

#29 10 years ago

Can't get to backside right now, but here are the front corners

IMAG0457.jpgIMAG0457.jpg IMAG0463.jpgIMAG0463.jpg IMAG0459.jpgIMAG0459.jpg

#30 10 years ago

Original post modified, removed hep comparison.. sorry guys, didn't expect this, just want to find a good home for this machine

#31 10 years ago

I'll be the fourth person to ask... Who did the restore?

It is definitely a nice looking machine! glws

#32 10 years ago

Alright, alright....I DID IT!

#33 10 years ago

Pretty nice. GLWS.

-Wes

#34 10 years ago

Nice looking machine. You learned the hard way on the HEP comparison as he and his work is highly regarded here. I think it should be easy to find a buyer for it, the question is at what price point.

Routed TZ goes for 4-5k all day long, so yours I'm guessing around 8? A HEP would fetch an easy 10k off his reputation alone.

#35 10 years ago

TY for those corner pics! That is exactly what I was looking for. I will suggest replacing the photos of the backbox open with different ones with better light. But only because you are asking so much, that is truly nitpicking for sure. Since you replaced that stuff I think it should be highlighted.

On the rails and bar and hinges, Hooked from here and on the bash has some examples of what the stainless looks like polished. I think it is a time thing vs cost, but some people would not like it anyway.

Price is too high without HEP or Keller or McCune stamp on it, and even then...might be too high.

glws

#36 10 years ago

Dustin, did you do the restore yourself?

#37 10 years ago

The thing is guys, restorers like Chris get the big bucks because of their reputations. Chris, IMO is the absolute best. If you are going to say your restore is as good or better than the guy who does the best most detailed work out there, you'd better back that up beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Otherwise, post the pictures and let your quality speak for itself.

Once games like TZ go north of $10K you have to ask yourself. If a HEP restore is $7K, can you get a TZ for $3K and have it done for you to your specs. No, probably not, but you might only be $1K - $1,500K away from that.

Quoted from rommy:

Price is too high without HEP or Keller or McCune stamp on it, and even then...might be too high.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Alright, alright....I DID IT!

Price just plummeted.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you are going to say your restore is as good or better than the guy who does the best most detailed work out there, you'd better back that up beyond a Shadow of a doubt.
blockquote>

Dead horse officially beaten. My guess is thats why he changed his post.

#42 10 years ago

And still no answer as to who did the restoration despite the question being asked 4 or 5 times...

#43 10 years ago

I think he said it was done by himself. I read that into it anyways. I still see how that does not answer the question except someone said dustin.

#44 10 years ago

Very nice looking machine. GLWS man.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Rshackxd:

no expense was spared.

Quoted from Rshackxd:

I was at the top of my budget as is.

Get the pitchforks!

#46 10 years ago

Nice friggin work!

Be proud.

GLWTS

#47 10 years ago

I think he learned from his mistake. I'd cut him some slack and let him sell his TZ as It is a great looking example. Best of luck with your sale.

#48 10 years ago

10,000 by.....oh, never mind.

Looks beautiful, I miss mine, maybe someday.

#49 10 years ago

If I was looking for a TZ in awesome shape, this would be it.

#50 10 years ago

That is one ugly shooter lame. Do not mention hep again,please.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-high-end-restored-twilight-zone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.