• Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is closed.

#1 5 years ago

HEP is the GOLD STANDARD!

#2 5 years ago

I would be careful making statements like that .Just sell your game on its own merits. I can elaborate if needed.

#3 5 years ago

HEP is the MAN!

#4 5 years ago

Artistry is not relative to another and has no standards. Those who compare art do not understand what they're comparing, but everyone can have an opinion on what they find appealing.

#5 5 years ago

I've played about a dozen AFMs in my life in all types of condition.
The first one that I played was on route in the Seattle WA area and god damn it was a players game.
I've played nice ones as well.
This one hands down is the nicest one that I've ever seen and or played.
With Mike's help I ruled the Universe on this game!

#6 5 years ago

Looks like someone put a lot of hours into making that machine look really nice. I also haven't seen anyone put that much effort into a video for selling a pin.

GLWS!

#7 5 years ago

Yeah that was a sick video lol. The pin looks nice to
GLWS.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

but I would say even better than HEP, but that's me.

Your AFM is beautiful, the pictures speak for themselves but it doesn't seem right to use HEP's name at all in your description. Poor taste and I would definitely take it out... but that's me.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Statements like what? That it could be possibly better than yours? Really? Wow, what an egotistical person you are! For the record, in my opinion, it IS better than yours. Sorry, I won't be careful about my opinion.

Between this response and the crazy emails sent since I can tell your a very reasonable person LOL!
I don't care if it is better than or is not(it isn't because of the cabinet work
alone and I will put my eyes and experience against yours any day )the point is you should just sell your game and leave HEP out of it. You are just wrong to think you can reference someone's business and reputation as a pawn to sell your game. Not about ego it is about respect.

#10 5 years ago

Totally agree with Chris. Sell your game on its own merit. Let it's condition sell for itself without tying it to Hep's or anyone else's restoration.-Joe

#11 5 years ago

Ford Vs. Chevy, Coke vs. pepsi!

#12 5 years ago

I appreciate the high praise, but Chris has been doing this much much longer than I have. He's done more machines than I probably will ever do, or want to do for that matter. Again, I do this as a hobby and Chris does it for a living (big difference).

There are a lot of really talented guys restoring machines, just glad to be a part of that group.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Between this response and the crazy emails sent since I can tell your a very reasonable person LOL!
I don't care if it is better than or is not(it isn't because of the cabinet work
alone and I will put my eyes and experience against yours any day )the point is you should just sell your game and leave HEP out of it. You are just wrong to think you can reference someone's business and reputation as a pawn to sell your game. Not about ego it is about respect.

HEP is simply a known standard of quality that Khabbi and Miked have tried to surpass. I don't really see anything wrong with that. That does put the level of expectation of a potential buyer to a level that may be unachievable, though!

I respect their attempt and don't think it's bad form to reference HEP. Why do anything if you aren't going to try and be better than the best? I don't see anything wrong with HEP pointing out why it might not be better, either! It's all good.

Awesome AFM, Eric! MikeD did a killer job. I doubt it will last long!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I've played about a dozen AFMs in my life in all types of condition.
The first one that I played was on route in the Seattle WA area and god damn it was a players game.
I've played nice ones as well.
This one hands down is the nicest one that I've ever seen and or played.
With Mike's help I ruled the Universe on this game!

I still can't get your initials off my AFM.... I swear I'm gonna change the batteries soon

#15 5 years ago

Comparisons of the restoration aside -- that video was amazing. Good work on that alone (and the pin looks pretty nice too.)

#16 5 years ago

Beautiful game, this is what I've been looking for... sent you a PM.

#17 5 years ago

So, let me get this straight:

1. A High End pinball restoration can only come from HEP?

2. Only HEP is entitled to call their restorations "High End" and nobody else?

Not trying to start a debate, just confused on the technicality.

#19 5 years ago

Sorry man, HEP is THE gold standard.

All the restorers will even acknowledge that Chris' level of work is something they aspire to.

No disrespect to PMD's incredible work on this example--but a HEP is a HEP.

#20 5 years ago

That thread didn't do you any favors. And this thread is the exact reason why people don't need to compare their games to others. It always starts a shit show. Good luck with yours.

#21 5 years ago

OP is showing his blatant ignorance. Take HEPs name out of your sales pitch. It is classless and does not belong. Using Chris' name to sell your game which has been restored by someone else is just plain rude. Edit out HEP.

#22 5 years ago

HEP. Better than Coke or Pepsi.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

The only reason this thread got off topic is because of Chris.

Bullshit. It got off topic because of YOU. You are the one who brought Chris into it. Completely inappropriate for you to now accuse HIM of getting the thread off topic. Seriously?

Bad taste Khabbi.

Ask yourself a single question: why did you compare your AFM to a HEP? If you think about that and answer honestly you will realize what you were actually doing is using the name and reputation of a well known and highly regarded restorer (who had nothing to do with it) to sell your own pin.

It's not like this hasn't been discussed a million times here before. Why people can't sell their restored pins on their own merit is beyond me.

#24 5 years ago

Maybe Chris should trademark the name "High End Pins" to elliminate some of this confusion and drama.

Chris does beautiful work, but so do others in the hobby.

High End Restoration, High Grade Restoration, First Class Restoration, Superior Restoration, etc. .....it's all the same in my book.

Each one is unique in their own way and each one is still gorgeous.

A name should not distract from that. Unless you're just hung up on names.

#25 5 years ago

GLWS.

#26 5 years ago

Game is sold pending funds. Thanks for your interest.

HEP.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

HEP is the MAN!

So, just how low can you stoop?

First you compare your pin to one restored by Chris, and now you mock him?

Wow.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So, just how low can you stoop?
First you compare your pin to one restored by Chris, and now you mock him?
Wow.

Trust me, if I wanted to "mock", it would be much different than that, Rob.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Trust me, if I wanted to "mock", it would be much different than that, Rob.

Well you should realize how it's coming across, especially since you have gone back and edited all of your posts.

Why don't you just ask the mods to close this one and start another thread? You've got a really nice AFM to sell.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well you should realize how it's coming across, especially since you have gone back and edited all of your posts.
Why don't you just ask the mods to close this one and start another thread? You've got a really nice AFM to sell.

I did ask for this to get closed or deleted.

#31 5 years ago

Thread is being locked.

Post edited by robin : I just wanted to add to that we do not take deleting threads lightly. In other words: we hardly ever delete threads. You are responsible for what you write here, always remember that what you write will be up on this site for years to come.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside