Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by lordloss
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EB6FE990-CB89-490F-B34D-B9AC5F050B22 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1712 (resized).JPG
IMG_1325 (resized).JPG
IMG_1343 (resized).JPG
IMG_1342 (resized).JPG
IMG_1341 (resized).JPG
IMG_1339 (resized).JPG
IMG_1338 (resized).JPG
IMG_1337 (resized).JPG
IMG_1336 (resized).JPG
IMG_1334 (resized).JPG
IMG_1332 (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).JPG
IMG_1331 (resized).JPG
IMG_1329 (resized).JPG
IMG_1328 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 5 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 9,900

for sale

FS: High End Keller Restoration Monster Bash in Tulsa, OK

Added: June 23rd, 2018 Re-listed: 1 time Ended: September 19th, 2018
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Item description

Game is beautiful - it works 100%, has very low plays since the restore and shoots as smooth as butter. It is one of if not the smoothest flowing game I've ever owned. As everyone knows, Chad Keller was one of the best restorers in the country before he retired. Here are all of the major points of interest:

Color DMD
PDI Glass
full Mike Chestnut chrome package (rails/hinges/legs/coin door)
modfather custom painted figures
laserrific topper
undercabinet lighting
pinnovator subwoofer output
silly old elf side decals
NVRAM
titan rubbers
full comet LEDs
new playfield
new decals
new (NOS) translite
original gorgeous boards
new coils/sleeves

The only flaw I can see is a tiny fleck (< 1/4 inch) of decal was nicked off during transport on the front right corner - it was touched up and is almost invisible, but I wanted to mention it.

Would prefer in person pickup, but can blanket/shrink wrap for NAVL.

Item photos

IMG_1326 (resized).JPG
IMG_1323 (resized).JPG
IMG_1327 (resized).JPG
IMG_1328 (resized).JPG
IMG_1329 (resized).JPG
IMG_1331 (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).JPG
IMG_1332 (resized).JPG
IMG_1334 (resized).JPG
IMG_1336 (resized).JPG
IMG_1337 (resized).JPG
IMG_1338 (resized).JPG
IMG_1339 (resized).JPG
IMG_1341 (resized).JPG
IMG_1342 (resized).JPG
IMG_1343 (resized).JPG
IMG_1325 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 9,000

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Tulsa, OK, US

Seller insights

These are Damonator's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Damonator's stats page

#2 5 months ago

Beautiful MB

#3 5 months ago

Forgot to post a pic of Drac

IMG_1712 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4 5 months ago

Price drop bump

#5 5 months ago

Nice Game Bump. This thing looks awesome!

#6 5 months ago

A Keller restoration of an original is so much nicer than any "remake". Fortunately, some folks recognize this. I sold my HEP AFM within a week...some folks still have taste. Sure, AFMrLE has a larger screen and a cool topper. MRrLE is likely to have the same benefits. OTOH, I'm pretty confident it won't shoot like this beauty! GLWTS.

snaroff

#7 5 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

A Keller restoration of an original is so much nicer than any "remake". Fortunately, some folks recognize this. I sold my HEP AFM within a week...some folks still have taste. Sure, AFMrLE has a larger screen and a cool topper. MRrLE is likely to have the same benefits. OTOH, I'm pretty confident it won't shoot like this beauty! GLWTS.
snaroff

Keller spent extra time at the end of his restores making sure everything flowed perfectly. As I said in my description, this game flows like melted butter!

And yes, a remake of this caliber would cost about $15k assuming a base game cost of $6k (which would be a challenge to find).

Thanks for the kind words!

#8 5 months ago

No trades?

#9 5 months ago

I could be open to a trade for the right game I guess - send me an offer!

#10 5 months ago

Lowered the price to $10k. Firm. Bring it!

#11 5 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'm tired of waiting to see what happens with CGC,

So you were tired of waiting for a remake, and went and got a nicely restored original and are selling it already?

I fully understand as that one don't have much staying power.

GLWS!

#12 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

So you were tired of waiting for a remake, and went and got a nicely restored original and are selling it already?
I fully understand as that one don't have much staying power.
GLWS!

No - tired of waiting to see what the price is going to be and such.

I’ve actually owned it for 4 or 5 years.

#13 5 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No - tired of waiting to see what the price is going to be and such.

I see. Well, by putting it up for sale, you should have a good idea what the price will be before long.

The biggest problem being that rumor of a remake will affect prospective buyers of your game more than the actual thing if it ever happens. They promise upgrades and fancy displays and toppers, but I think that's because the core of what they are selling is and never will be as good as originals. But I also get the impression a lot of newer buyers spend more time looking at those things than actually playing the game.

1 week later
#14 4 months ago

......Now, it’s official.

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I see. Well, by putting it up for sale, you should have a good idea what the price will be before long.
The biggest problem being that rumor of a remake will affect prospective buyers of your game more than the actual thing if it ever happens. They promise upgrades and fancy displays and toppers, but I think that's because the core of what they are selling is and never will be as good as originals. But I also get the impression a lot of newer buyers spend more time looking at those things than actually playing the game.

I 100% agree! I know people are excited about the game being remade but until these new machines prove themselves after approx. 20 years of commercial use I’ll always choose a nice original over a remake. I was lucky enough to buy a MB NIB when they were originally released. I could care less about shaker motors,Toppers and larger displays.

#16 4 months ago

Remake 3k less. Hmmmmmm.

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Remake 3k less. Hmmmmmm.

We don't have pricing yet. And for $7K it probably won't include a topper, side decals, custom painted figures or chrome trim...

And it definitely won't be built by Chad Keller...

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Remake 3k less. Hmmmmmm.

Lame attempt to stir the pot. We all knew a remake was coming. That's why this is $10k and not $12k+. Anyone who thinks a Keller-restored original isn't worth more than a remake is high.

#19 4 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Lame attempt to stir the pot. We all knew a remake was coming. That's why this is $10k and not $12k+. Anyone who thinks a Keller-restored original isn't worth more than a remake is high.

#20 4 months ago

Anyone who thinks a Keller-restored original isn't worth more than a remake is high.

I originally thought that when the first remake was announced. As it turns out, I think more people would rather have a new remake.

Having said that, if anyone is looking for a restored original (which is what I prefer), they'd be crazy not to be interested in this one. I'm fully aware of what Damon may have invested in this and he's selling it for a lot less. He's also a great guy to deal with.

#21 4 months ago

Be patient Damonator it will sell. These games are beginning to create their own market and (IMHO) they will increase in value. But, the market that they are creating will be smaller so sellers will have to be more patient with their sales.

#22 4 months ago

12k? more like 15k for high end resto. That high end resto is down right expensive to have done!

#23 4 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I originally thought that when the first remake was announced. As it turns out, I think more people would rather have a new remake.
Having said that, if anyone is looking for a restored original (which is what I prefer), they'd be crazy not to be interested in this one. I'm fully aware of what Damon may have invested in this and he's selling it for a lot less. He's also a great guy to deal with.

Sure more people would rather have a new remake. Just means more people don't have taste or experience.

New doesn't mean much in today's world of trying to optimize the bottom line. Just had a Stern SPIKE node board fail after 400 plays...my LOTR SAM boards are still going strong after over 7000 plays. By analogy, I'll take the original B/W board set over the new fangled boards. I have no problem with innovation, but I'm unconvinced that new pinball architectures are being designed with longevity in mind. It's all about squeezing more $$ out of each sale...

snaroff

#24 4 months ago

I'm probably not the buyer for this, but I'm wondering where Damonator is located.

#25 4 months ago

I believe there is room for both the remake and original. Someone will like one or the other for sure. If you happen to be in the original camp your value will 100% be affected by a remake. How can it not? I don’t think it will be a night and day difference though. One like this stands on its own. I’m personally just glad I will have the choice. It’s hard to be in this hobby only to flip games for a profit as some do. I’m in it for the fun first and foremost. If I can break even or turn a small profit towards another game I doing well.

GLWS

#26 4 months ago

I'm probably not the buyer for this, but I'm wondering where Damonator is located.

Tulsa, OK

#27 4 months ago

Damon is a great seller with incredible pins. Keller was an incredible restorer.
I have an original MB that I won’t sell for a remake and it’s not this nice.
If you want a super nice original that’s been refurbished by one of the best, this is a very fair price.

Whoever buys it will be extremely happy.

#28 4 months ago

ohh man, I want this !

#29 4 months ago
Quoted from msj2222:

ohh man, I want this !

Great! You buy it and I'll come play it!

#30 4 months ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Great! You buy it and I'll come play it!

I'll buy it, you pick it up and deliver...and you can play it anytime!

#31 4 months ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I'll buy it, you pick it up and deliver...and you can play it anytime!

No deal! Lol

#32 4 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He's also a great guy to deal with.

Quoted from brett:

Damon is a great seller with incredible pins

Thanks guys. I think the remakes have a place in pinball to allow more people to experience these phenomenal titles.

Me selling this has nothing to do with the remake - I’m simply downsizing the collection a bit in order to possibly move into a smaller place. An original in this condition will always be rare and in demand.

#33 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Thanks guys. I think the remakes have a place in pinball to allow more people to experience these phenomenal titles.
Me selling this has nothing to do with the remake - I’m simply downsizing the collection a bit in order to possibly move into a smaller place. An original in this condition will always be rare and in demand.

You know what would look real nice under these lights?

EB6FE990-CB89-490F-B34D-B9AC5F050B22 (resized).jpeg
#34 4 months ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You know what would look real nice under these lights?[quoted image]

Wow - I like that! You are getting really close to finishing your new game room...you know it will take 2 or 3 weeks for NAVL to get this to you so we should probably close the deal now!

#35 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Wow - I like that! You are getting really close to finishing your new game room...you know it will take 2 or 3 weeks for NAVL to get this to you so we should probably close the deal now!

Unfortunately the downstairs isn’t as far along. Don’t worry I didn’t forget about this game. Should be closing on the sale on the 15th too. It would look so good up there. Did I mention we’d have to forklift it in! Lol.

#36 4 months ago

You should keep it. Remakes will be a dime a dozen down the road. Yours is special and is worth more than a remake. I Know I have one and will not be tempted to jump ship.

#37 4 months ago
Quoted from locksmith:

You should keep it. Remakes will be a dime a dozen down the road. Yours is special and is worth more than a remake. I Know I have one and will not be tempted to jump ship.

I would agree with this IF there is no gameplay/code change. If it does - game changer.

#38 4 months ago

Did I mention, I WANT THIS!

#39 4 months ago

Pull the trigger man!

#40 4 months ago

The way these remakes are coming out, it might be a good idea to start selling those Judge Dredds while we can still get $1400 for them.

#41 4 months ago

You mean the ones with the waaaaavvvyyyyy play fields?

1 week later
#42 4 months ago

ColorDMD and PDI Glass (Invisiglass) now included. Someone come and take it already!

#43 4 months ago

Played this very pin the other day when I bought a couple pins he was selling. It is the smoothest playing MB I’ve ever played and is super nice. Wish I had more pinball money, I would have took this one home too. Super seller by the way!

#44 4 months ago
Quoted from Bud:

Played this very pin the other day when I bought a couple pins he was selling. It is the smoothest playing MB I’ve ever played and is super nice. Wish I had more pinball money, I would have took this one home too. Super seller by the way!

Thanks Bud! I’ve had some interest, but it’s still not sold yet. TGIF!

#45 3 months ago

Price drop! Will be listing a few more games this week - save on shipping by picking up 2 games!

#46 3 months ago

Read title as "Helen Keller restoration" .... I didn't know there was a machine based on her !

#47 3 months ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Read title as "Helen Keller restoration" .... I didn't know there was a machine based on her !

No no no, she DID the restoration.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside