IMG_3627.JPG
IMG_3628.JPG
IMG_0424_zps7422743a.jpg
IMG_0427_zps9e9cde16.jpg
IMG_0430_zpsbd815db5.jpg
IMG_0431_zps6c47e320.jpg
IMG_0441_zps6fcc91c3.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Recent HEP restored CC and home use only since. Just added CCC with all the hardwares purchased directly from the man Eric P (not just wiring an old laptop in the cab deal), plus new color DMD installed. Premium LEDs, LED in Bart's eyes. The game looks brand new top to bottom. Matching collector plaque with the game serial number (almost impossible to match). Comes with original book and manual. $17500 not looking to trade.

IMG_0432_zpsf02c6d4a.jpgIMG_0432_zpsf02c6d4a.jpg
IMG_0433_zpscfa530b5.jpgIMG_0433_zpscfa530b5.jpg
IMG_0441_zps6fcc91c3.jpgIMG_0441_zps6fcc91c3.jpg
IMG_0431_zps6c47e320.jpgIMG_0431_zps6c47e320.jpg
IMG_0430_zpsbd815db5.jpgIMG_0430_zpsbd815db5.jpg
IMG_0427_zps9e9cde16.jpgIMG_0427_zps9e9cde16.jpg
IMG_0424_zps7422743a.jpgIMG_0424_zps7422743a.jpg
IMG_3628.JPGIMG_3628.JPG
IMG_3627.JPGIMG_3627.JPG
IMG_0437_zpsbf3cf405.jpgIMG_0437_zpsbf3cf405.jpg
IMG_0438_zps6a6f6c3a.jpgIMG_0438_zps6a6f6c3a.jpg
IMG_0443_zps749027de.jpgIMG_0443_zps749027de.jpg
IMG_0444_zpsf5765925.jpgIMG_0444_zpsf5765925.jpg
IMG_3616-588.JPGIMG_3616-588.JPG
IMG_3617.JPGIMG_3617.JPG

#2 10 years ago

If I was closer, I'd come play the darn thing before it leaves. GLWS.

Oh, wait a minute, I am closer!

#3 10 years ago

That's incredible. Good luck on the sale.

#4 10 years ago

They don't get any better than that.

#5 10 years ago

must be tough to part with!

#6 10 years ago

Very Nice! I bought a Shuttle from Eric as well. Just need to get it installed in my CC. Good luck with selling!

#7 10 years ago

Dam I want this pin. Soooo nice

#8 10 years ago

@&$#*. Where we you a month ago? I had money set aside for a CCC. Couldn't find one so I bought a AFM and woz. Grrr.

Seriously though, beautiful game man!

#9 10 years ago

That's a beauty!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

must be tough to part with!

For that kind of money, maybe not so much as you think.

#11 10 years ago

That price is crazy holy shit rich sum bitches and then dude says he had that kind of cash set aside dam it I'm poor

#12 10 years ago

G, if I hit the powerball Jackpot tomorrow I will be coming for this game (drool)

#13 10 years ago

Hep is awesome but I'll have to wait for the brand new 8k remake I guess.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'll wait for the brand new 8k remake.

Not a proper thing to say on someone's for sale thread. Go crap on your own thread.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Not a proper thing to say on someone's for sale thread. Go crap on your own thread.

<sarcasm> Oh, did I just completely ruin his chances of selling this?? You've got a full time job on your hands policing posts that you think are "proper". Free bump for being improper.

#16 10 years ago

Gorgeous, I hope mine looks like this one day. GLWS

#17 10 years ago

GLWS! Beautiful machine. Price is high IMHO - maybe if you list out what you have in it that could help. CC +6k for HEP is what we see at this point. Not sure that adds up to 17.5.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

CC +6k for HEP is what we see at this point.

I believe he mentioned Color DMD, CCC and hardware also.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Recent HEP restored CC

You might want to say what HEP did to it. New cabinet, decals, repairs, clearcoat, et cet? HEP restored can have an awful lot of various meanings to what was done. Just a suggestion.

#20 10 years ago

Yeah if you add in everything it could be MORE than the 17.5. Would be interesting to see.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You might want to say what HEP did to it. New cabinet, decals, repairs, clearcoat, et cet? HEP restored can have an awful lot of various meanings to what was done. Just a suggestion.

This should answer those questions.

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album113

I think that game was originally done around 2009-2010

Christopher Hutchins

#22 10 years ago

Skills.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

This should answer those questions.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album113
I think that game was originally done around 2009-2010
Christopher Hutchins

Thanks Chris. Looks like a lot of work. Game turned out great.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

<sarcasm> Oh, did I just completely ruin his chances of selling this?? You've got a full time job on your hands policing posts that you think are "proper". Free bump for being improper.

But remake won't have CCC

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

But remake won't have CCC

Want to wager on that?

#26 10 years ago

For the record, Steve would have sex with this pin.

#27 10 years ago

That's all assuming there even *is* a remake. And if there is, that it's only $8k. And if there is, it won't be in the next year, at *least*.

And CCC is awesome. And this machine's restoration was awesome, as is all of HEP's work. I've got a lot of HEP machines, and I love them. My CC is HUO so it's NOT an HEP machine, but it still might be one day as the previous owner did let the legs get a bit chewed up. And HEP clearcoat plays better. I can feel the difference between machines.

--Donnie

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

And HEP clearcoat plays better. I can feel the difference between machines.

How so?

#29 10 years ago

It's very subtle and I can't quantify that it changes *play*, honestly, but it sure feels like a very subtle difference due to how much smoother the playfield is. I'm sure some would say "unoriginal" and thus worse, but I like it better.

--Donnie

#30 10 years ago

It doesn't get any better than an original CC restored by HEP with CCC already installed. Not to mention matching plate, color DMD and other great mods… who cares about a possible remake that will probably never happen and will never compare to this gem… like comparing copper to GOLD.

Let the guy sell this beauty and go talk about your possible CC recrap somewhere else…

GLWS OP!

#32 10 years ago

I only ever brought up the remake because I can't afford to flop 17.5k on this one and I'll have to wait for a remake at 8k (IF there is one.) Apparently that was crapping on this thread though.

#33 10 years ago

You have to play one to get your answer.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have, know the answer, and whatever floats anybody's boat And we'll see who's boat it floats….

So you can't tell, or you think it's not as good, or what?

--Donnie

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Hep is awesome but I'll have to wait for the brand new 8k remake I guess.

There's a CCC remake announced? I didn't see that.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

There's a CCC remake announced? I didn't see that.

See my post just a few before yours. "If". I have no choice but to wait and hope.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've got a non HEP for 1/2 the price and its every bit as good if not better

You got a CC ?

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have as good or better…..and I don't want to tell people how to spend their money so do whatever you think is right

What are your credentials to judge?

I would love to see the pictures of the CC you have that is as good or better than this one for half the price.

Christopher Hutchins

#42 10 years ago

A gorgeous pin but out of my league. Nice to see the pics, though. You must have enjoyed owning it.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have as good or better…..and I don't want to tell people how to spend their money so do whatever you think is right…..a piece of artwork in the eye of the beholder…..

What are we debating here?

My statement was that my *factory* HUO CC (so no additional clearcoat over original) didn't play quite as good as HEP clearcoated machines. I made no claim about HEP versus any other clearcoating.

All the HEP clearcoat I've seen is consistent and top notch. I've only seen other work that's "as good" to my eye, but I've also seen work from that person that wasn't quite as good (not going to name names). Do others do work "as good"? Maybe so. Can you pay them to do it? Usually not.

Do you have something "as good"? Maybe so, I don't know. But if you do, a lot of work over even an HUO machine went into it, which makes your original question somewhat odd to me, since that's what *I* was comparing to.

--Donnie

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Recent HEP restored CC and home use only since. Just added CCC with all the hardwares purchased directly from the man Eric P (not just wiring an old laptop in the cab deal), plus new color DMD installed. Premium LEDs, LED in Bart's eyes. The game looks brand new top to bottom. Matching collector plaque with the game serial number (almost impossible to match). Comes with original book and manual. $17500 not looking to trade.

Wow looks fantastic plus all the extras! GLWS

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, hopefully you are a Tarheel living in Chapel Hill. I've got a non HEP for 1/2 the price and its every bit as good if not better

Email sent.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are other non "HEP" resto guys that I would personally use for less $$ and as good or better.

Oh please do tell Ice, this will get good real fast .

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's see what happens on the sale…..you aren't the only one that can "restore" and no offense, but I would use other options……."Christopher"….and I said this is a piece of "artwork" so don't get your feelings hurt
And for this pin, I'd wait for PPS to remake it for 8k and a whole lot better, but hey,that's just me

Sorry but my feelings are not hurt I just know when people are clueless haters.You added the artwork comment later.

Feel free to compare this to your recently acquired WH2O

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album538

I did it myself including the cabinet and playfield.It is not an assembly of other peoples talents.Not that I have a problem with that but it really does put a different spin on who can truly restore and who cannot.It does become offensive when a guy that does not know much if anything about what it takes to do this start to finish is professing about who is just as good etc. .

You will notice I fixed the LITE and LOCK insert borders(they should be white)

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album538/45_G?full=1

I airbrushed all corners.

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album538/5_G?full=1

The generic daisy chains were replaced with color correct 18 gauge wire.

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album538/69_G?full=1
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album538/70_G?full=1
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album538/71_G?full=1

The cabinet is neatly wired .

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album538/59_G?full=1

I could go on but the point is sometimes you have to look past chrome and bling to find quality and a lot of the time the " judges" are not as qualified as they appear or think they are.

Christopher Hutchins

#50 10 years ago

Come on, guys. I was talking about HEP clearcoat playing better than a HUO non-clearcoated CC playfield. That's it, nothing more. Turning this poor guy's FS thread into a pissing match about whose clearcoat is better is pretty crappy, IMHO. HEP turns away work and STILL has quite a backlog, so plenty of people believe in his work. There was a time where there was no other serious game in town. If others have stepped up, great. Maybe one day they'll have the reputation Chris has, but if they get it, well, it won't be because their supporters crap on other people's FS threads.

Bring them to pinball shows, put them side by side. Let the critiquing begin. Film it, put the video up. Whatever. But "mine is better for half the price" on someone else FS post? Low.

--Donnie

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-hep-restored-cc-cactus-canyon-w-ccc-and-matching-collector-plaque-socal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.