image-407.jpg
image-331.jpg
image-104.jpg
image-317.jpg
image-393.jpg
image-217.jpg
image-798.jpg
image-433.jpg
There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Bump for the Grinder...how many miles was it between us?

I've been actively checking your thread as well. Had someone local ask about my pin today. I'll PM you. Only 500 miles. A stones throw really....

image-217.jpgimage-217.jpg
1 week later
#52 9 years ago

Bump n Grind

#53 9 years ago

Haha thanks Eric. Called the powder coater and the new armor should be ready next week so I'll post new pictures then. Couple of owners throwing some prices on their machines that I can't compete with. Either an owner comes along who wants tons of mods without having to do them themselves or it will be traded for a game on my wish list. We'll see.

3 weeks later
#54 9 years ago

Powder coated armor has been put on. It's sharp. Maybe a bit brighter than I thought it would be but the color is starting to grow on me. New red translucent apron put on as well. I am reducing the price considerably but a few mods will be removed, namely the alternate Translite and the Whiplash, War Machine and Army Drone figure mods. Those few mods will be sold to individuals who have requested them. The new asking price is $5000.

I would like to sell this or trade it for a local AVLE, hopefully one dialed in with some mods. I have been talking to a pinsider down in Lousiana about possibly trading for his AVLE. Anyone else interested?
image-393.jpgimage-393.jpg
image-317.jpgimage-317.jpg
image-104.jpgimage-104.jpg
image-331.jpgimage-331.jpg

#56 9 years ago

IM market is officially saturated...

There's a couple low play IMVE sitting here at 4k (actually 3 that I know of). You're probably going to have to get in that range for a routed IM with mods.

GL..the powered coated red looks awesome.

Here's a bump for ya

#57 9 years ago

Buyer can be a little nutty. They want a super spiffy IM like this one for the price of the POS heavily routed junker claiming, "It the same game'.

BTW, nice job on the mods.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

IM market is officially saturated...
There's a couple low play IMVE sitting here at 4k (actually 3 that I know of). You're probably going to have to get in that range for a routed IM with mods.
GL..the powered coated red looks awesome.
Here's a bump for ya

I hear ya. This original has its merits over a stock VE. I bought this for 5k plus shipping back in March. I've only made it better since then. If there are enough IMs out there, I get it. I'd have to patiently wait for the right local buyer to come along. Patience isn't my strength. A trade then and no other pin would fit better in my room than an Avengers.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'd have to patiently wait for the right local buyer to come along. Patience isn't my strength. A trade then and no other pin would fit better in my room than an Avengers.

I'm going to try your system out with my wife the next time I want to add a machine to the collection.

1. Buy a double of a machine and tell her I'm going to sell the first.
2. Tell her I can't sell the first because the market is difficult and I should trade it for another game I don't have because that game will be easier to sell.
3. Conveniently forget to sell the new machine

Beautiful machine Grinder. Continued GLWS.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

I'm going to try your system out with my wife the next time I want to add a machine to the collection.
1. Buy a double of a machine and tell her I'm going to sell the first.
2. Tell her I can't sell the first because the market is difficult and I should trade it for another game I don't have because that game will be easier to sell.
3. Conveniently forget to sell the new machine
Beautiful machine Grinder. Continued GLWS.

Bwhahahahahaha!!!! It's working out so far but I'd hate to try my method and obtain the amount you have. Two is hard enough. Gotta give to get though. She wants a puppy so......yeah, new dog is on the way.

Not sure this was my plan initially but it seems to be working out that way.

#61 9 years ago

Don't take out those mods. Non modded makes it worth much less.

#62 9 years ago

Way better than a refake! Glws!

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Most tire kickers say they won't pay for mods and owners can't expect buyers to pay for what they cost blah blah blah. Plenty of mods still in the machine : Monger chest led, shaker, LEDS, powder coat, shooter, better dmd, mirror blades, under cabinet, etc.

Be one thing if someone said, ok take the mods out and I'll pay X amount or leave them in and I'll pay X amount. Most times I've got, "well I can get an IMVE to my door for $4500 so your price is too high". Hahaha ok good luck with that.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Way better than a refake! Glws!

Please explain. I have a vault edition and have never played an original.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

Just threw in a microwave popcorn.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Most tire kickers say they won't pay for mods and owners can't expect buyers to pay for what they cost blah blah blah. Plenty of mods still in the machine : Monger chest led, shaker, LEDS, powder coat, shooter, better dmd, mirror blades, under cabinet, etc.
Be one thing if someone said, ok take the mods out and I'll pay X amount or leave them in and I'll pay X amount. Most times I've got, "well I can get an IMVE to my door for $4500 so your price is too high". Hahaha ok good luck with that.

That is a sweet looking IM!

I hesitate to say this, but I think if it's been over a month, you're probably getting an indication of what the market is willing to bear. Maybe a wider net like ebay?

Fantastic game!

#67 9 years ago

The best price I got was $4600 shipped and that was during the explosion. It's possible that distributors might be sitting on stock now...so $4500 isn't out of the question.

Hang in there..it'll sell

Quoted from Grinder901:

"well I can get an IMVE to my door for $4500 so your price is too high". Hahaha ok good luck with that.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

I was doing my best teekee impersonation.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yes it does as I could only get 3300 for a pure stock pin.

#70 9 years ago

New picture bump:

image-407.jpgimage-407.jpg
#71 9 years ago

Couple of hotties on my IMs bump:

image-434.jpgimage-434.jpg image-49.jpgimage-49.jpg
#72 9 years ago

I think many people are hyped on on TWD right now. As soon as "reality" sets in, people will give other pins a 2nd look (I suspect). I have no opinion on TWD (haven't played it yet), but its a pattern every time a new pin is released.
Six months ago that sweet IM would have sold instantly, and probably for more $$$.

I've bought serveral NIB and a couple newly released. I have no issue with NIB, but I am hesistant to by a new release (a pro or premium) because I know as long as they are being produced, I can still get one. If I wait, I don't have to beta test or wait long periods of time for code updates. It also gives me a chance to find out if it is really worth the NIB price or if I should wait for a HUO (e.g. Mustang).
TWD is a definite 'wait and see', but I certainly don't rule out getting one.

after seeing this IM, I really want powder coated armor. I have it on some machines, but now I want it on all of my pins.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I think many people are hyped on on TWD right now. As soon as "reality" sets in, people will give other pins a 2nd look (I suspect). I have no opinion on TWD (haven't played it yet), but its a pattern every time a new pin is released.
Six months ago that sweet IM would have sold instantly, and probably for more $$$.
I've bought serveral NIB and a couple newly released. I have no issue with NIB, but I am hesistant to by a new release (a pro or premium) because I know as long as they are being produced, I can still get one. If I wait, I don't have to beta test or wait long periods of time for code updates. It also gives me a chance to find out if it is really worth the NIB price or if I should wait for a HUO (e.g. Mustang).
TWD is a definite 'wait and see', but I certainly don't rule out getting one.
after seeing this IM, I really want powder coated armor. I have it on some machines, but now I want it on all of my pins.

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. I totally agree about the powder coating, huge improvement over plain black.

I love Zombies. I mean big time. If anyone is a Zombie lover, check out World War Z the book. The movie flat out sucked compared to the book. The audio book of World War Z won all kinds of awards. It's phenomenal. The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows. So far I'm a little underwhelmed by the pin. Maybe seeing it in person or an updated code would change my mind but so far it's just eh. A lot of competition for older pins coming out, I get that.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I love Zombies. I mean big time. If anyone is a Zombie lover, check out World War Z the book. The movie flat out sucked compared to the book. The audio book of World War Z won all kinds of awards. It's phenomenal

Ugh... didn't it though?? I mean the ONLY reference to the book was the wall around Israel.. heck, even the zombies were different! (running instead of walking). Just brutal.. someone needs to do that book some justice, even as a reflective miniseries. Check out the movies "The Dead" and "The Dead 2". You can tell the writer/directors of those flicks have read and referenced WWZ somewhat.

Anyway sorry to derail, good luck with your sale. Glad to see you've kept the right shooter rod.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Ugh... didn't it though?? I mean the ONLY reference to the book was the wall around Israel.. heck, even the zombies were different! (running instead of walking). Just brutal.. someone needs to do that book some justice, even as a reflective miniseries. Check out the movies "The Dead" and "The Dead 2". You can tell the writer/directors of those flicks have read and referenced WWZ somewhat.
Anyway sorry to derail, good luck with your sale. Glad to see you've kept the right shooter rod.

Yea the movie sucked out loud in many different ways. No way they should have had Isreal fall like that. Those guys saw it coming. The "Zombies" we're more like rage virus infected characters from other movies.

A reflective mini series is just plain genius and would do the book justice if given several episodes. I will def give both those movies a look based on your recommendation.

No choice really, your shooter rods are top notch and you are great to work with. Speaking of, did your shipping manager get back to you about those two Monger decals?

#76 9 years ago

heh well I feel obliged to tell you, the "The Dead" movies aren't GREAT (fairly low budget) but you can certainly see the similarities.

Anyway your decals are on their way my good man.

#77 9 years ago

Boy that's a nice looking game. With all those mods sure looks like a good deal.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

heh well I feel obliged to tell you, the "The Dead" movies aren't GREAT (fairly low budget) but you can certainly see the similarities.
Anyway your decals are on their way my good man.

Low budget doesn't always mean bad. Hell, WWZ cost millions but it was painful to finish. Maybe if it was called something else and didnt use that great book's title. Thanks for the decals. They are needed on every IM IMO.

Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Boy that's a nice looking game. With all those mods sure looks like a good deal.

Thanks man. This is what I paid for it in March before putting over $1500 in mods on it. 5k is a steal.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Couple of hotties on my IMs bump:

image-434.jpg 223 KB

image-49.jpg 218 KB

Can you have one straddle the pin and the other lay down under pin and be licking her lips - then retake pics? This is a proven strategy on ebay.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you have one straddle the pin and the other lay down under pin and be licking her lips - then retake pics? This is a proven strategy on ebay.

Well if ebayers do it, let me get my camera ready......

I've thought about using eBay to sell this but I hate them, Pay Pal and their fees.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

A stock IM is a better deal for the buyer, since they can decide what mods they want to add. I didn't pimp out my IM until I decided that I was keeping it forever.

So I think Grinder is smart to take out the non-essential mods. The red armor looks great, and it's definitely work to install it. The new buyer can add the figures down the road if he wants bright white lights in his eyes while he's playing.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

A stock IM is a better deal for the buyer, since they can decide what mods they want to add. I didn't pimp out my IM until I decided that I was keeping it forever.
So I think Grinder is smart to take out the non-essential mods. The red armor looks great, and it's definitely work to install it. The new buyer can add the figures down the road if he wants bright white lights in his eyes while he's playing.

Man, it was some work alright! By myself, having never done it really, it was a chore. But replacing everything with the red was worth it. It's work done that the new owner doesn't have to which is worth something in it of itself.

The Monger figure stays mostly because it's such a pain to install. I don't want to uninstall or put any new owner through that.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

The Monger figure stays mostly because it's such a pain to install.

Yes... yes it is.

1 week later
#84 9 years ago

Friday afternoon bump for a beautiful machine and a great seller.
TGIF!

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

Friday afternoon bump for a beautiful machine and a great seller.
TGIF!

Haha! Thanks a lot man. Hope I get those Pingraffix goodies in today or tomorrow!!

image-994.jpgimage-994.jpg
#86 9 years ago

I like what you did with the Monger, is that a paint job or stickers? In any case so much better than original. GLWS!

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I like what you did with the Monger, is that a paint job or stickers? In any case so much better than original. GLWS!

That mod should be standard on all games. It a high quality decal. Looks factory. Contact Brock (pinball customs). He does more than just amazing shooter rod mods.

#88 9 years ago

Sorry I was talking about the Monger toy...it looks painted.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Sorry I was talking about the Monger toy...it looks painted.

Oh no. I haven't touched it. That's just the original toy that come with it modded by Hooked. It's more detailed than the VE version though.

#90 9 years ago

Original Monger vs VE Monger

image-900.jpgimage-900.jpg image-136.jpgimage-136.jpg image-359.jpgimage-359.jpg image-165.jpgimage-165.jpg
#91 9 years ago

I just noticed they added two extra screws above the Iron Monger

#92 9 years ago

Yea that is interesting. Good pick up Brock

#93 9 years ago

Hmmm...cool the paint on the original is much better. I actually thought you painted it. Thanks

#94 9 years ago

Expo bump

#95 9 years ago

So firm isnt what it used to be so I'm dropping the price.

$4500 and it's yours. Still a ton of mods on the game:

Here are the mods/improvements being kept in the game with about what I paid not including shipping and of course time installing them:

-Powder coated armor - $100
-Red Translucent apron - $40
-Red Start button -$7
-Tournament button - $10
-Iron Monger cover decal - $10
-Yellow leg protectors - $15
-Shaker motor - $170
-Mirror Blades - $100
-Red DMD filter - $20
-DMD Glare Filter - $15
-DMD decal - $35
-Customized under cabinet led kit - $99
-Speaker lights - $20
-Pinball life playfield decals - $35
-Modded Monger figure with led in chest - $120
-IM head Shooter rod - $60
-White led flipper button - $30
-Lollipop flipper button rails and while complete set of armor for free - $100
-Various Cointaker,Comet, PBR LEDs - $100
-Purple led behind and underneath Iron Monger - $30
-Brilliant green LEDs under Whiplash - $10
-Red and Yellow Rubbers and nut caps - $10
-Cliffy Protectors for shooter lane, right ramp, ball eject and vinyl/Mylar for magnets - $40
-Unopened goodie bags
-Brand new playfield glass
-Custom instruction cards - $10
-Black beverage cup from pinball life - $15
-Playfield rails - $50
-New flippers with super bands - $20

I have decided to remove the modded Whiplash, War Machine and Army Drone figures. I would put the original Whiplash and War Machine figures back on the playfield. I am also removing the alternate Translite. If any of these four mods are really important to you. We can prob come to a compromise.

The powder coating was called Red Baron at the shop. It looks beautiful. It's more a classic red that Iron Man wore in many of his comics. It has a brand new right ramp and protector installed - $160

That's over $1400 in items put on the game.

A pinsider wasnt sure what mods were in or out at this point. I hope this helps clarify things plus the $500 price drop.

#96 9 years ago

Bump for a good guy!

#97 9 years ago

Best part for a potential buyer is that mods are already installed. Though not difficult, it would still take a fair amount of time to install each and every one of those mods. That (IMHO) has real value. At $4500, this is not only a good value, it is a solid good deal. You don't see many deals like this anymore.

GLWS.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Best part for a potential buyer is that mods are already installed. Though not difficult, it would still take a fair amount of time to install each and every one of those mods. That (IMHO) has real value. At $4500, this is not only a good value, it is a solid good deal. You don't see many deals like this anymore.
GLWS.

Thanks man. I totally agree. Oh well. This will prob be traded for an AVLE this weekend.

#99 9 years ago

LOL. I actually picked up an IMVE to replace my Avatar (which has not sold yet). Similar games in that they are difficult and most objectives must be completed on a single ball. Great game though. When mine eventually sells, it will be sad to see it go.

#100 9 years ago

Avatar looks like a fun game. I've never had the chance to play one unfortunately. Hope yours sells soon man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-heavily-modded-original-iron-man-pro-pin-for-sale-6k/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.