IMG_7850.JPG
IMG_7851.JPG
IMG_7812.JPG
IMG_7816.JPG
IMG_7815.JPG
p1.jpg
coin.jpg
h1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_bullet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Is that a decal around the pop bumper in the last image? My game doesn't have that on the playfield.

That really looks tacky, definitely not factory. Would have a hard time describing any game as HUO with that kind of cover-up.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Doesn't HUO just mean that it was never commercially routed?

Yes, but HUO usually means the game is free of conspicuous touch-ups or hacks. The seller describes the game as "like new condition" in the first post. "Like new" does not mean simply putting a sticker over playfield wear. There is also some sort of patch on the upper playfield where the upkicker is. Covering up playfield wear is not "like new".

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Fair enough. My only point was that it sounds like your issue is with the "like new condition" part of the description (which I'd agree would be inaccurate if there is actually playfield wear under that sticker) not with the HUO tag (which would only be inaccurate if the machine has been routed).

If you are looking to earn a gold star for being right, congratulations. But you are completely missing the point.

Advertising a game as HUO, "like new", etc., with playfield wear hidden under stickers (or whatever those are masking the high-traffic areas) does not pass muster. If you are trying to sell a 5k game as HUO and you are hiding wear, that is a no-no.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

HUO isn't always a good thing. Some pinball owners don't know how to properly take care of their machines. Jan did do a custom restoration on the game. We are all individuals and have different opinions on what we believe is the correct fix the right led's etc..... Whatever minuscule imperfection Jan may have been trying to cover up is not relevant. If you would like a NEW game buy one. The game was new in 1982 so it is 31 years old and has been previously enjoyed. It had a custom restoration done 16 years ago by a well respected collector. It was nice enough that a publication photographed it to put in their book. I think we can all agree that perfection is an illusion even buying new has flaws. Anything that is played/enjoyed has some wear or imperfections. I am very sorry I advertised the game as like new condition. I amend my statement to, "in my opinion it looks darn good in the book". Thank you all for your comments and interest. I have had one offer for $3750. I am dropping the price to $4500.
Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan,

The fact that you are selling a game while knowingly hiding it's flaws is entirely relevant. At a cursory glance, I see TWO MORE stickers on the lower playfield hiding wear. That means all three playfields have hidden wear. Your pictures don't seem to highlight all those cover-ups very well.

If it's not a big deal, why not disclose the cover-ups? What other cover-ups have been left out of your description? Can you please post some close-up pictures of all these stickers? How many stickers are hiding wear on the playfield? What else has been monkeyed with and then hidden?

Anybody offering even 3k on this game should ask for lots of pictures of the playfield area (and everything else frankly). Buyer beware.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

So detailed photos are an indicator that I am hiding something. Got it guys.

Wow, you are actually defending your behavior? Post some detailed pics of those giant round stickers on the lower playfield. I am sure potential buyers will love your transparency.

#39 9 years ago

A private message from 6T9Judge to me:

"Can you please send me some detailed photos of your Haunted House. I would like to know what a pristine game should look like.

Thanks,
Bryan"

I have a much better idea Bryan: Why don't you post some honest pictures of the game you are trying to sell for thousands of dollars here, instead of diverting attention by attacking those who point out your glaring omissions in detail? Post some detailed, close-up pics of those ridiculous sticker cover-ups (which you were obviously aware of, and are now sensitive about because you got caught withholding extremely important information). Post pictures of the several stickers covering up wear spots Bryan; anything less comes off as excuses and misdirection.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Coming from someone with a nice HH, this one is pretty darn nice IMHO.
The typical wear areas on these games is on that middle upper pop bumper, the entrance to the attic and the ball drop into the bottom playfield. The pop bumper has an added sticker and the attic appears to have some type of stainless steel applique which looks tasteful from what I can see. The basement section seem to have very slight wear. Also, the spider and rainbow decal right below the middle playfield window are add ons.
Nice game.

You cannot see the wear on the basement where the ball drops because those spots have been covered with round green stickers. You likely missed the stickers, as there are no good pictures of that area.

#48 9 years ago

There are also at least two "extra rats" painted/inked on that lower playfield (probably hiding more playfield wear). Here is what the lower playfield should look like for comparison (sorry for the glare):

IMG_9752.JPGIMG_9752.JPG

1 week later
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

HUO is not a description of condition. It has nothing to do with condition.
HUO is claiming "home use only". It's a statement (or claim) of a fact. Not condition.
Just because a game is home use only means peanuts condition wise. It could have been played 50,000,000 times in a house, with rusty balls and rotten batteries. Who knows?
I own some routed machines that are tidier than some of the HUO games I have.
A friend of mine recently bought a HUO roadshow and it's more faded than most Ive seen.
Looks like a nice restored HH, good luck with the sale.
rd.

RD - Can you honestly say you would describe a game as HUO while attempting to sell it, but fail to disclose giant wear spots covered up with stickers and paint in your description? I have a hard time believing you could do that with a straight face and feel good about it.

You may have nailed the dictionary definition of "HUO", but missed the heart of the matter: omission of important details germane to the sale.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Again, condition is not what HUO is describing. It means it's been in a house. Once you cross that bridge, you'll be on the road to zen.
So a suitable description could be (with bracketed explanations ...)
Haunted house, HUO machine (ie it has been in a house since it was made in 1982) This is the machine that was featured in the book (insert name here)
Machine has been restored by (insert the guy's name here) He has lovingly restored the machine. Note the decals around the pop bumpers and (insert other things here) All electronics are mint. Machine plays like new.
How's that ad grab you? Pretty good huh...
rd.

Funny RD, who knew the directions to "zen" were dispersed by you on a pinball forum?

I noticed you qualified your HUO description with the appropriate details, thereby making my point for me.

Trust me, your viewpoint is simple to understand. HUO = Home Use Only. We get it.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

It looks like there are stickers/decals covering the high traffic/wear areas on the lower cellar playfield and 2 extra rats painted over some potential wear. Thanks for pointing out the defects in the game Silver Bullet. It's not a perfect game but a very nice game. Let's stop beating a dead horse. I am sorry you are offended by my ad. The game is NOT NEW! What else would you like me to say to have you stop bashing my game?

The game is just fine, your description may have come up short. Best of luck with the sale.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Holy crap. I don't think I would ever spotted the new rats. Great job spotting that.

Thank you very much! Just trying to point out what the seller missed; want to make sure any potential buyer knows what surprises await.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

Thank you (Silver Bullet) for making my point. You are correct it is all here in the thread. Detailed photos. Can you move on now and not ruin pinball for the rest of us.

If you continue to address me, I can assure you I will likely respond.

Insider tip: nobody thinks you are cool when you brag about how many games you have owned. Stick to what you know best - flipping machines with questionable sales tactics.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

I am certainly not a flipper. I am sorry your life must really be hard. You obviously have nothing better to do.

Are you going to take your ball home now, too?

Everybody can see your conduct here, ensconced for posterity. I rightly pointed out serious issues with your description of this game, and you attack because you are sore you got caught. Man up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_bullet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-haunted-house-huo?tu=silver_bullet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.