Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Carl_694
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20141229_135124.jpg
IMG_7307.JPG
DSCN5086-812.JPG
DSCN5085.JPG
DSCN5089.JPG
123.jpg
IMG_9752.JPG
pics.jpg
IMG_7850.JPG
IMG_7851.JPG
IMG_7812.JPG
IMG_7816.JPG
IMG_7815.JPG
p1.jpg
coin.jpg
h1.jpg

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

This game was photographed and pictured in The Complete PINBALL BOOK by, Marco Rossignoli
Came out of the Jan J. Svach collection. It is in like new condition $5000
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

7.jpg
#2 6 years ago

do you have the original bill of sale for it? would love to know what it originally sold for from the distributor back then. it looks great glws! one day i will have one to sit next to my black hole

#3 6 years ago

Very cool! Good luck!

#4 6 years ago

Great book, just got it for my birthday.

#5 6 years ago

My mind might be playing tricks on me, but has this been listed for sale in the last year?

#6 6 years ago

That spider on the web is pretty creepy.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

My mind might be playing tricks on me, but has this been listed for sale in the last year?

This is the third time it has been listed for sale in the past year or so, the first time on craigslist for something like $1200.

#8 6 years ago

great game.
miss mine...

#9 6 years ago

Beautiful pin bump

#10 6 years ago

This game was listed here about 6 months ago. I didn't put up any photos of the game because I wasn't sure I wanted to let it go. I have found a new game I would like to purchase. I will take more detailed photos and post them soon. Thanks again for all the comments on the game. It will make a great addition to a collection.

#11 6 years ago

I bought my first one from the arcade I worked for for $325 in 1986-87. It was very clean and kept it for a long time. My dad finally sold it (for nothing I'm sure) a few years ago in Fayette Georgia. I never enjoyed playing it but loved the sound track...
I'd love to have it back but there is no way it is worth what they are going for today (fun factor).

Ah the memories!
Greg

#12 6 years ago

I had some requests for more detailed pictures. If anyone would like specific pictures let me know.
Thanks again,

b4.jpg cab.jpg lower1.jpg jan.jpg back.jpg b1.jpg b2.jpg lower2.jpg lower.jpg p.jpg p2.jpg p3.jpg p4.jpg p5.jpg p7.jpg lower3.jpg h1.jpg coin.jpg
#13 6 years ago

This is the actual game that was photographed for the book.
Please feel free to make offers.

p1.jpg IMG_7815.JPG IMG_7816.JPG IMG_7812.JPG IMG_7851.JPG IMG_7850.JPG
#14 6 years ago

Is that a decal around the pop bumper in the last image? My game doesn't have that on the playfield.

#15 6 years ago

d-r-o-o-l-i-n-g . . . .

#16 6 years ago

Sweet machine! Does that price include delivery?

#17 6 years ago

Very nice looking machine.
Just curious...what does the sticker in the photograph showing the ball tilt mechanism indicate? "custom restoration by....." with the cow logo?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Just curious...what does the sticker in the photograph showing the ball tilt mechanism indicate? "custom restoration by....." with the cow logo?

That sticker mentions that and shows Jan's name (as well as his phone number at the time, not sure if it changed). He used to put those in the machines from his collection, as I had an absolutely wonderful Doctor Who of his years ago that went to another collection and hasn't moved since. I don't know the history of this particular machine, but Jan is an absolutely great guy and had some awesome machines. GLWS!

Brad

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Is that a decal around the pop bumper in the last image? My game doesn't have that on the playfield.

It is likely there to hide one of the highest wear areas on these games. The clear plastic rings that were normally under the pop bumper there would collect dirt and particles which would then get ground into the art work eating it all away. My father has one that he bought back in 83 and even though it was only on route for about 4 months and then HUO for the rest of its life it too is worn in this area (all of which happened while in home use).

#20 6 years ago

+1 for Jan's work.

#21 6 years ago

I remember the first time I saw Haunted House at Fun and Games in Framingham, MA decades ago. In a sea of pinball machines, it was amazing to me. All I wanted to do was get more quarters to feed it.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

That really looks tacky, definitely not factory. Would have a hard time describing any game as HUO with that kind of cover-up.

#23 6 years ago

Beautiful looking game and one of my favorites from that era. Just sold mine and I'm missing it already.
I'm also curious about the stickers under the pop bumpers???

#24 6 years ago

Wow what a gorgeous game. Just incredible looking! One of the best games I have ever played.

#25 6 years ago

Jan is a great guy! I have spoken with him over the phone regarding the history and his personal reconditioning of the game. I do have his phone number available for anyone who would like to speak with him directly. He did add his custom touches during it's reconditioning but will verify it was a HUO game. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer one in the country. Thank you!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

That really looks tacky, definitely not factory. Would have a hard time describing any game as HUO with that kind of cover-up.

Doesn't HUO just mean that it was never commercially routed?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Doesn't HUO just mean that it was never commercially routed?

Yes, but HUO usually means the game is free of conspicuous touch-ups or hacks. The seller describes the game as "like new condition" in the first post. "Like new" does not mean simply putting a sticker over playfield wear. There is also some sort of patch on the upper playfield where the upkicker is. Covering up playfield wear is not "like new".

#28 6 years ago

Yes, but HUO usually means the game is free of conspicuous touch-ups or hacks. The seller describes the game as "like new condition" in the first post. "Like new" does not mean simply putting a sticker over playfield wear. There is also some sort of patch on the upper playfield where the upkicker is. Covering up playfield wear is not "like new".

Its also been 'restored' according to the sticker in the pic.

#29 6 years ago

Maybe GT9Judge can shed some light on these issues.

#30 6 years ago

Fair enough. My only point was that it sounds like your issue is with the "like new condition" part of the description (which I'd agree would be inaccurate if there is actually playfield wear under that sticker) not with the HUO tag (which would only be inaccurate if the machine has been routed).

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Fair enough. My only point was that it sounds like your issue is with the "like new condition" part of the description (which I'd agree would be inaccurate if there is actually playfield wear under that sticker) not with the HUO tag (which would only be inaccurate if the machine has been routed).

If you are looking to earn a gold star for being right, congratulations. But you are completely missing the point.

Advertising a game as HUO, "like new", etc., with playfield wear hidden under stickers (or whatever those are masking the high-traffic areas) does not pass muster. If you are trying to sell a 5k game as HUO and you are hiding wear, that is a no-no.

#32 6 years ago

Huo who cares. It looks like a very nice and clean game to me guys. Ed

#33 6 years ago

HUO isn't always a good thing. Some pinball owners don't know how to properly take care of their machines. Jan did do a custom restoration on the game. We are all individuals and have different opinions on what we believe is the correct fix the right led's etc..... Whatever minuscule imperfection Jan may have been trying to cover up is not relevant. If you would like a NEW game buy one. The game was new in 1982 so it is 31 years old and has been previously enjoyed. It had a custom restoration done 16 years ago by a well respected collector. It was nice enough that a publication photographed it to put in their book. I think we can all agree that perfection is an illusion even buying new has flaws. Anything that is played/enjoyed has some wear or imperfections. I am very sorry I advertised the game as like new condition. I amend my statement to, "in my opinion it looks darn good in the book". Thank you all for your comments and interest. I have had one offer for $3750. I am dropping the price to $4500.

Thanks,
Bryan

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from 6T9Judge:

HUO isn't always a good thing. Some pinball owners don't know how to properly take care of their machines. Jan did do a custom restoration on the game. We are all individuals and have different opinions on what we believe is the correct fix the right led's etc..... Whatever minuscule imperfection Jan may have been trying to cover up is not relevant. If you would like a NEW game buy one. The game was new in 1982 so it is 31 years old and has been previously enjoyed. It had a custom restoration done 16 years ago by a well respected collector. It was nice enough that a publication photographed it to put in their book. I think we can all agree that perfection is an illusion even buying new has flaws. Anything that is played/enjoyed has some wear or imperfections. I am very sorry I advertised the game as like new condition. I amend my statement to, "in my opinion it looks darn good in the book". Thank you all for your comments and interest. I have had one offer for $3750. I am dropping the price to $4500.
Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan,

The fact that you are selling a game while knowingly hiding it's flaws is entirely relevant. At a cursory glance, I see TWO MORE stickers on the lower playfield hiding wear. That means all three playfields have hidden wear. Your pictures don't seem to highlight all those cover-ups very well.

If it's not a big deal, why not disclose the cover-ups? What other cover-ups have been left out of your description? Can you please post some close-up pictures of all these stickers? How many stickers are hiding wear on the playfield? What else has been monkeyed with and then hidden?

Anybody offering even 3k on this game should ask for lots of pictures of the playfield area (and everything else frankly). Buyer beware.

#35 6 years ago

I agree , I have a HH in a very very similar condition to this one , I dont call it HUO but its very similar to this one , I paid something like 2200 for it ..... I think asking 4.5 k to 5 k for that is maybe a bit risky ....

I dont think HH in great condition are that much rare as i own one ...

#36 6 years ago

So detailed photos are an indicator that I am hiding something. Got it guys.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from 6T9Judge:

So detailed photos are an indicator that I am hiding something. Got it guys.

Wow, you are actually defending your behavior? Post some detailed pics of those giant round stickers on the lower playfield. I am sure potential buyers will love your transparency.

#38 6 years ago

HUO is not a description of condition. It has nothing to do with condition.

HUO is claiming "home use only". It's a statement (or claim) of a fact. Not condition.

Just because a game is home use only means peanuts condition wise. It could have been played 50,000,000 times in a house, with rusty balls and rotten batteries. Who knows?

I own some routed machines that are tidier than some of the HUO games I have.

A friend of mine recently bought a HUO Roadshow and it's more faded than most Ive seen.

Looks like a nice restored HH, good luck with the sale.

rd.

#39 6 years ago

A private message from 6T9Judge to me:

"Can you please send me some detailed photos of your Haunted House. I would like to know what a pristine game should look like.

Thanks,
Bryan"

I have a much better idea Bryan: Why don't you post some honest pictures of the game you are trying to sell for thousands of dollars here, instead of diverting attention by attacking those who point out your glaring omissions in detail? Post some detailed, close-up pics of those ridiculous sticker cover-ups (which you were obviously aware of, and are now sensitive about because you got caught withholding extremely important information). Post pictures of the several stickers covering up wear spots Bryan; anything less comes off as excuses and misdirection.

#40 6 years ago

Coming from someone with a nice HH, this one is pretty darn nice IMHO.

The typical wear areas on these games is on that middle upper pop bumper, the entrance to the attic and the ball drop into the bottom playfield. The pop bumper has an added sticker and the attic appears to have some type of stainless steel applique which looks tasteful from what I can see. The basement section seem to have very slight wear. Also, the spider and rainbow decal right below the middle playfield window are add ons.

Nice game.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Coming from someone with a nice HH, this one is pretty darn nice IMHO.
The typical wear areas on these games is on that middle upper pop bumper, the entrance to the attic and the ball drop into the bottom playfield. The pop bumper has an added sticker and the attic appears to have some type of stainless steel applique which looks tasteful from what I can see. The basement section seem to have very slight wear. Also, the spider and rainbow decal right below the middle playfield window are add ons.
Nice game.

You cannot see the wear on the basement where the ball drops because those spots have been covered with round green stickers. You likely missed the stickers, as there are no good pictures of that area.

#42 6 years ago

pics.jpg

#43 6 years ago

Bizarre. I wouldn't want to claim credit for that cellar "restoration".

(Your game is a very nice example by the way, but those wear spots will bring the price way down.)

#44 6 years ago

I have to agree. This one looks nice overall, the cab especially. That being said, I have a HH with some pop and cellar wear that has been touched up or a small transfer decal put over. I paid sub $1500 three years ago for that.

In a lot of ways the wear repairs look better on mine, as they are at least matching repairs. The "1998" "Restored by..." stickers are bizarre. This looks like a nice "B" example to my eyes.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Man you have an eagle eye. I could only spot after OP's last pic post and it still took some looking on my iPad.

#46 6 years ago

There is stickers on the playfield for $5k. That's not 5k I don't care if it was on TV. Nice restoration or not 5k would include touch up and a perfectly cleared original playfield that is perfect.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from jncall21:

Bizarre. I wouldn't want to claim credit for that cellar "restoration".
(Your game is a very nice example by the way, but those wear spots will bring the price way down.)

I would not say "way" down as he has already had a offer of $3750. Either way, it is encouraging because I have a HH at least as nice and I am hoping the final price this one sells for is made public... Personally I bought my HH because they seem very rare in good condition. Usually when I see one, it is turned off and not working. Not to mention tons of playfield and cabinet wear. This is a lot of pinball for the money and HH in collector quality condition does not come along every day.

GLWTS.

#48 6 years ago

There are also at least two "extra rats" painted/inked on that lower playfield (probably hiding more playfield wear). Here is what the lower playfield should look like for comparison (sorry for the glare):

IMG_9752.JPG

#49 6 years ago

Wow, tough crowd. Nice looking game GLWS

#50 6 years ago

Price drop to 4k

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside