Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Tiltboss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hankin_ESB_22.jpg
    151615-161885-rebel-alliance_large.jpg
    Hankin_ESB_4.jpg
    Hankin_ESB_2.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Hello!

This was imported from Australia in the late '90's. One other owner since. Nice shape, comes with some spare parts (drop assembly, displays, etc.). Fewer than 350 made! The only pin based on the best Star Wars movie.

Recommended for serious pinball collectors only as it can be a challenge to work on. (comes with manuals) Also comes with power converter. Working great, plug it in when you get it home and join The Darkside!

Also has some LEDs, nice custom drop decals and a couple other cosmetic goodies.

I agree, not as good gameplay as a FP or BK but much more fun than it gets credit for. Layout is SI and FP squished together.

Cash and local pick up only.

Info, pics and video for serious bidders please reply to:

[email protected]

Thanks for your time!
    Ty

#2 11 years ago

Probably the best looking Star Wars machine, and a surprisingly fun play for a widebody from that era. Cool stuff. Definitely not one you see often, much less for sale. Best of luck!

#3 11 years ago

Good luck with you sale.

I really love the look of ESB. The art package is outstanding in my opinion.

Marcus

#4 11 years ago

There is a guy here in Australia that is producing a modernised board set for Hankin machines. He goes by the name of Homepin and is probably a member of this forum as well. Haven't heard anything bad about his boards.

#5 11 years ago

>>The only pin based on the best Star Wars movie.

That opening Hoth battle is by far my favorite fight scene from any of the six movies

#6 11 years ago

The pics I've seen of that game look really cool, wish I could afford one.

#7 11 years ago

Edit

#8 11 years ago

5150, are you criminally insane?

#9 11 years ago

Am I the only one who can't see the pic? I click on the file and it won't load, either. No big deal, I'm not a buyer.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Am I the only one who can't see the pic? I click on the file and it won't load, either. No big deal, I'm not a buyer.

Nope, doesn't show up for me, either. I think it may be a problem site wide?

I've never seen one of these until this post. Interesting layout, too bad I'll never get the chance to play one...

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

The only pin based on the best Star Wars movie.

Swe7 was by far the best, I hear they are doing a remake of that movie already. Gotta luv Hollywood!

#12 11 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. It is a beauty to be sure. I have been having some photo issues lately. Let me try this again.

Hankin_ESB_2.jpgHankin_ESB_2.jpg

#13 11 years ago

That one worked - let's try another. Here is pf detail with custom drop decals and stand up decals.

Thanks for looking.

Ty

Hankin_ESB_4.jpgHankin_ESB_4.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Great looking Pin -- good luck with the sell.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

5150, are you criminally insane?

I can't imagine importing a pin from Australia was a cheap prospect. And this is a gorgeous looking machine. I love the concentric circles on the cabinet, very iconic and Vader looks absolutely menacing.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from dasmb:

I can't imagine importing a pin from Australia was a cheap prospect. And this is a gorgeous looking machine. I love the concentric circles on the cabinet, very iconic and Vader looks absolutely menacing.

No beef on the price, it was a Van Halen reference.

#17 11 years ago

I'm surprised that Tim Arnold doesn't own one. Maybe he'll jump on this one.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

No beef on the price, it was a Van Halen reference.

Good enough. I guess I should expect an eruption of stupidity every time I jump to conclusions. You really got me. But right now, I'm gonna take my whiskey home.

Bottoms Up! Can't get this stuff no more.

#19 11 years ago

Very cool pin.

Hey John D. I think you need to add this to your collection......then I can play it next year.

#20 11 years ago

Surprised Kevin doesn't have one either. I think he did before the flood.

#21 11 years ago

I've seen and played these games at Expo over the years, kinda neat to look at since you dont see one very often but its like playing Space Invaders pinball. Just not my cup of tea I guess. But I know a guy thats local that might want it and I passed it along to him. He only lives a few miles from here so there is hope.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#22 11 years ago

Looks great... but those Rebel Alliance decals are sideways.

They should be like this...

151615-161885-rebel-alliance_large.jpg151615-161885-rebel-alliance_large.jpg

#23 11 years ago

If we're being critical the drops should have Darth on them and not Storm Troopers. And honestly for that kind of money I think being critical is okay.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

Also comes with power converter

Good thing, otherwise you might have to make a trip out to Tosche Station to pick some up.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Benaar:

Good thing, otherwise you might have to make a trip out to Tosche Station to pick some up.

You can waste time with your friends when your chores are done.

#26 11 years ago

Good eyes! Yes, the machine was made before the movie so much of the art is conceptual.

(for example, I don't remember any giant mushrooms on Dagobah - looks like a rendering of the stock photo and they just filled in what they wanted around it.)

The pf had the Rebel symbols on the side for the inserts so I just matched them on the stand ups so it wouldn't look awkward. The Vader art on the 3 drop bank was all gone except an outline and it made no SW sense AT ALL to have 3 Vaders in a row so I made them into STs and kept the single "Space Invaders Target" as a Vader.

Every mod is reversible btw.

Thanks for looking!

Hankin_ESB_22.jpgHankin_ESB_22.jpg

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from dasmb:

Also, common police code for crazies.

Anyways, pretty cool and not so common pin. Good luck!

#28 11 years ago

Could save about $3500 and play Firepower and Space Invaders simultaneously

-BB

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from dasmb:

and Vader looks absolutely menacing.

umm... You realize his facial expression doesn't change right? You see Darth Vader wears a mask to help him breathe because....

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

umm... You realize his facial expression doesn't change right? You see Darth Vader wears a mask to help him breathe because....

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#31 11 years ago

I thought that was his Poop face? WTF, you guys arn't SW fans at all. Don't even know the difference. Geez.

#32 11 years ago

Interesting thing I've noticed. I've seen 2 of these in person and now close ups of this one and all three had different spinners. Any idea what is correct?

#33 11 years ago

The correct spinner art is a flat white with a red star on it. (Check out the Hankin Howzat!) The paint was all gone on mine - I put the GTB mylar decals on them. Helps with the '80's cocaine disco vibe of the game.

#34 11 years ago

I like it. If I had my gameroom ready, i'd want this.

#35 11 years ago

Can't wait to play this at your house tomorrow. Hate to have to say goodbye, I always look forward to playing it. Come to think of it, I can't remember ever seeing another one.

7 years later
    #36 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinb0t:

Can't wait to play this at your house tomorrow. Hate to have to say goodbye, I always look forward to playing it. Come to think of it, I can't remember ever seeing another one.

dang where the pin end up such a cool looking game. ayeee 619

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-hankin-empire-strikes-back-515000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.