HF5A8276.jpg
HF5A8275.jpg
HF5A8274.jpg
HF5A8273.jpg
HF5A8272.jpg
HF5A8271.jpg
HF5A8267.jpg
HF5A8265.jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

OK it is time to let this beauty go, here's the story:

I worked at Williams/Bally Midway from 1994 until the got out of the coin-op business in 2001. The programmer for ToM (Jeff Johnson) somehow managed to get a NIB game instead of a test game which was pretty rare to have happen. Jeff played the game maybe a couple dozen times before he passed the machine along to me in the 1990's. It has been in my home ever since and it is still as beautiful as it was the day it came out of the box. It has never been on a location and it has never even seen the sun. Those of you who were regulars on RGP will know who I am and that my story is true and those of you on here who have been to my house have seen the game in person and likely played it.

The game is super clean and aside from a small white mark on the black plastic below the marquee I can't see any faults on it. I have taken extremely good care of it all this time and because it resides in a collection with 17 other games, it never got heavy use. In the past 10 years it really only gets played whenever I have a party or host league so not much at all. The game has only 1 mod done and that was the addition of the old Tom Callahan spinning saw kit. It has no LEDs, no goofy looking dollar store things glued to the trunk. The trunk plastic has some cracking but not enough to make me want to change it yet (I have two original NOS trunks too but since they break so easily I leave them on until it is too broken to keep on then I replace them).

I have the following extras that will be included in the sale:
2x NOS trunks
1 NOS trunk motor assembly sealed in original box
1 mostly complete NOS plastic set (the slings I think are the only missing pieces and they are on the game)
1 NOS spinner assembly
2x ToM embroidered patches that were given only to the design team (see photo)

Cost/location:
I am asking $8500 cash OBO - local pickup only unless the buyer can arrange all shipping and crating as I don't have the means to do so (and with a bad back I can't haul the game upstairs by myself either). This is easily the nicest all original ToM you'll find anywhere. I am located in Downers Grove, IL which is 30 minutes west of Chicago and 30 minutes south of where Pinball Expo is and if the buyer is in town for Expo it is an easy journey down to my house to pick up the game.

Trades?: I really need the money more than a game however I would be interested in a NIB or beautiful HUO Tron Legacy plus cash (preferably a Tron that wasn't retrofit with LED's as I'd have to pull all that shit out and put the regular bulbs back in it), or a HUO Spiderman plus cash, or a HUO Batman (dark knight) plus cash. Again LED's have no value to me so I don't consider them adding any dollar value to the game and I'd prefer the owner to just keep his LED's.

Any questions, etc feel free to contact me on here.

Here's the pix:

HF5A8246.jpgHF5A8246.jpg HF5A8247.jpgHF5A8247.jpg HF5A8250.jpgHF5A8250.jpg HF5A8251.jpgHF5A8251.jpg HF5A8252.jpgHF5A8252.jpg HF5A8253.jpgHF5A8253.jpg

#2 10 years ago

More pix:

HF5A8254.jpgHF5A8254.jpg HF5A8255.jpgHF5A8255.jpg HF5A8256.jpgHF5A8256.jpg HF5A8258.jpgHF5A8258.jpg HF5A8260.jpgHF5A8260.jpg HF5A8261.jpgHF5A8261.jpg

#3 10 years ago

And more!

HF5A8262.jpgHF5A8262.jpg HF5A8264.jpgHF5A8264.jpg HF5A8265.jpgHF5A8265.jpg HF5A8267.jpgHF5A8267.jpg HF5A8271.jpgHF5A8271.jpg HF5A8272.jpgHF5A8272.jpg

#4 10 years ago

And some more!

HF5A8273.jpgHF5A8273.jpg HF5A8274.jpgHF5A8274.jpg HF5A8275.jpgHF5A8275.jpg HF5A8276.jpgHF5A8276.jpg HF5A8277.jpgHF5A8277.jpg HF5A8279.jpgHF5A8279.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Last batch:

HF5A8285.jpgHF5A8285.jpg HF5A8288.jpgHF5A8288.jpg HF5A8283.jpgHF5A8283.jpg HF5A8285.jpgHF5A8285.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Were you a game tester and avid MK player?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Were you a game tester and avid MK player?

I was indeed. I started at the company as a tester around 1994 and then moved up to run their field test program the last few years they were in business.

#8 10 years ago

Nice! Very Nice!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I was indeed. I started at the company as a tester around 1994 and then moved up to run their field test program the last few years they were in business.

I know exactly who you are RIP Galaxy World

#10 10 years ago

It still blows my mind that Gala North is gone and an empty building. That was one of our top test sites for years.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

This is easily the nicest all original ToM you'll find anywhere.

Mine is just as nice. Huo, and it still has the goody bag stapled inside. I would take 8500.00 also.GLWS

#12 10 years ago

I feel like I know you in a odd way as MK II as well as Killer Instinct were such great games for players and yes they made so much coin back in the day. I still have one of each in dedicated form still today plus Crusin' USA sitdowns. Thanks for you efforts in coin op. I wish you had some link chips and the bracket for the top sign to make two singles a twin on the overhead sign. If you do I would pay above market price. I included a picture so you can see I need the metal bracket. I took it down as I was afraid it could fall but the top sign is so cool with the neon.

IMG_2384.JPGIMG_2384.JPG 100_3693.JPG100_3693.JPG

#13 10 years ago

That is one nice looking ToM! (Ill buy that motor assembly )
Glws

#14 10 years ago

Wow nice shooter, a few touch ups and this machine is a 10. GLWS One of the nicest TOM's I have seen.

#15 10 years ago

I'm in Darien, can I come over to just drool at it? semi "free smells" like Jimmy Johns offers? Good Luck selling this! Looks amazing.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Mine is just as nice. Huo, and it still has the goody bag stapled inside. I would take 8500.00 also.GLWS

Bad form right here.

#17 10 years ago

Great looking machine!! one of my favs. good luck

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Bad form right here.

Totally! Does yours come with all the extras too?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Too lazy to start your own thread?? not cool.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Too lazy to start your own thread?? not cool.

I think he was more... making fun of the price. He doesn't want to sell, but at the high price he would

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

a few touch ups and this machine is a 10.

what touch-ups could/would you possibly do to this game?

#22 10 years ago

The price may be high but considering people seem to have no problem paying more than that for high-end restores I don't think the price isn't crazy to start at. The game's lineage and condition plus the expensive (and/or rare) extras and I think it's a fair price considering the only thing the new owner would have to do to the machine is move it into his/her basement and plug it in.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I think he was more... making fun of the price. He doesn't want to sell, but at the high price he would

Still a dick comment.

#24 10 years ago

Wow that's a beauty for sure.Good Luck!

#25 10 years ago

Here is a bump for Mike and his fantastic ToM machine. He is absolutely one of the good guys out there that can be trusted 100%.

Brad

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I think he was more... making fun of the price.

>> I am asking $8500 cash OBO

I don't think his price is that bad...it was OBO so there's the option for wiggle room if the price doesn't get takers. Its not like he said "Better than new....All others suck.....8500 not a penny less. I'm selling at a 10k loss....etc"

Plus this game is not for everyone. High end collectors will have no issue paying that for that nice of a game (I am not, so I'll pass)

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

The price may be high but considering people seem to have no problem paying more than that for high-end restores I don't think the price isn't crazy to start at. The game's lineage and condition plus the expensive (and/or rare) extras and I think it's a fair price considering the only thing the new owner would have to do to the machine is move it into his/her basement and plug it in.

I don't think you have to justify the price to people. There are collectors who want perfect games and this is one.
good luck with the sale.

#28 10 years ago

I have been to his house and played his TOM. It is an excellent looking and playing game. If you do buy it, just be careful of his watchdog !! GLWS MXV !

#29 10 years ago

I promise to contain the little watchdog so the buyer will have a clear passage through the house.

#30 10 years ago

I'd be all over this, but I would be WAY to nervous to trust it being shipped.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Bad form right here.

Quoted from MXV:

Totally! Does yours come with all the extras too?

Quoted from lordloss:

Quoted from misfitdart:

Still a dick comment.

With all this being said, I was just saying that there are HUO TOMs out there that are just as nice.

I hope he gets his 8500.00 thats good news for me. And yes mine is just as nice as his. So that means that there are two that you won't find nicer anywhere.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

what touch-ups could/would you possibly do to this game?

Well if I was selling a $8500 TOM I would touch up large scratch on Trunk and large scratches on inside cabinet. In order to make near a 10 and justify pricing. Just my opinion

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well if I was selling a $8500 TOM I would touch up large scratch on Trunk and large scratches on inside cabinet. In order to make near a 10 and justify pricing. Just my opinion

what large scratches are you looking at? marybe im not zoomifng in enough. he also has two nos trunks in the cab..

#34 10 years ago

The trunk is never really a good condition indicator anyway, it gets the shit beat out of it. Seems like lifting/chipped inserts can be the biggest issue, but this one is a beaut!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Some people prefer originality, even if that means wear. Your opinion counts, just throwing that out there.

#36 10 years ago

The trunk on the machine right now has a couple of cracks in it but not enough cracked off to make me want to replace it with one of the two NOS ones I have inside of it as the one on there now cracked after about a dozen games after I installed it. Those things break very easily.

#37 10 years ago

It's silly to think the trunk wouldn't be banged up to a degree. All modes start with it, takes a beating. The op is including two new ones.

#38 10 years ago

The trunks on these break all the time. Any trunks that are not cracked have been changed very recently.

#39 10 years ago

Bump for the new board

#41 10 years ago

Weekend bump.

#42 10 years ago

I may also be interested in a HUO LOTR and cash in a trade for the game.

I also found one more neat promo item that will be included with the game. I will take a photo of it and post it up here tomorrow.

1 week later
#43 10 years ago

The game found itself a new home.

#44 10 years ago

congrats

#45 10 years ago

glad to hear that

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I also found one more neat promo item that will be included with the game. I will take a photo of it and post it up here tomorrow.

What was the promo item?? Don't leave us hanging....

#47 10 years ago

Selling price if you don't mind me asking? The game looks gorgeous!

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I am asking $8500 cash OBO

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What was the promo item?? Don't leave us hanging....

It was this little cardboard display piece for the game that had a handkerchief on it that came up through a slot in it to make it look like it was coming out of the hat. It was given to me by one of the sales guys at WMS when I worked here. He had it on his desk and let me have it when I told him I had the game. I gave all the promo stuff to the new owner of the game and it ended up going to a good home.

I did a cash/trade deal with someone for a Tron Pro so I got my first new game in about 10 years (and my first Stern) and I have some much needed money that is going towards an engagement ring.

I may be selling another one of my games but I'm on the fence about what I think I can part with and not regret. I'm leaning towards my RFM which just so happens to be serial number 1 and is a prototype (which also includes a spare NOS monitor and NOS motherboard). If/when I decide to sell something I'll end up posting it on this forum.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

towards an engagement ring.

Be careful you dont want to give away half of your pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 11.95
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-guaranteed-huo-theatre-of-magic-extras/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.